1 Benvenuto Place
Toronto, ON M4V 2L1Neighborhood:
Midtown / Uptown
FrenchPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.scaramoucherestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4169618011
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, French
- Executive Chef: Keith Froggett
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Scaramouche may be rented for private functions. However, we do not have private rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Ian Clark 4169618011
A word from Scaramouche Restaurant
Since its very first review in 1981, when Joanne Kates of The Globe & Mail raved both about the food and the unstinting attention to detail, Scaramouche has gone from strength to strength for over twenty years - no small feat in a world obsessed with trends and novelty. The food reflects chef Keith Froggett’s belief that less is more; that the finest ingredients classically combined result in a purity that transcends fads and fusion. The service is unobtrusive and faultless yet furnished simply, without pretense. The restaurant’s longevity is a testimonial to the pursuit of quality and the gracious welcome one receives at Scaramouche. Twice voted “Toronto’s Top Restaurant” by Gourmet magazine, Scaramouche remains the pre-eminent destination for fine food and excellent wines, the place to be as the sun sets and the lights of the city’s skyline begin to twinkle through the restaurant’s windows. Our goal is to ensure the most gracious of welcomes and quality throughout your visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Scaramouche Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Uptown ›
Scaramouche Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (107)scenic view (93)fit for foodies (84)romantic (70)notable wine list (50)neighborhood gem (34)good for groups (15)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- TerribleterribleDined on 4/28/2014They didn't give any complimentary champagne or anything "extra" to celebrate our engagement.Special Features:
- Tres Bon!TorontonianTravellerVIPDined on 4/25/2014We love the food, the service and the ambiance. Always a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/24/2014A wonderful meal that blew our guests away. Good oysters, fine lamb, scallops, veal, and swordfish, and the superb coconut cream pie for dessert. Expensive but very much worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rediscovered old favouriteAliaDined on 4/24/2014Had eaten at "old" Scaramouche many years ago and decided to come back to celebrate mother's 90th birthday. Reserved a table in the dining room. Service excellent and attentive without being overbearing and thank heavens no one came to ask if everything was alright while our mouth was full. Selection of wines for every taste and budget and food well prepared with reasonable portions. Became a little noisy as it filled up but still could hold a reasonable conversation. The view was excellent and added to the general ambience. Will certainly return now that we have rediscovered it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodericissimoDined on 4/19/2014Food was great. The room was noisy with all the guests, hard time hearing our waiter and each other at the table. Also missing some nice background music to set a good ambience.Special Features:
- was on our bucket listbreadyDined on 4/19/2014We were given a GC from our kids for our anniversary. The food and service was outstanding. There were at least 4 waiters taking care of us and they all did a wonderful job to make us have a special evening. The food was outstanding. Every dish was delicious and we truly enjoyed the food. My one complaint is the table that we were seated at. Since it was our first time I didnt know to request a certain table. We were seated behind a pole. I was starring at a pole the whole evening. Everyone talks about the view? This table had NO view.Special Features:
- Amazing viewEbesDined on 4/17/2014Great place for a small, special occasion celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingOldsaltzDined on 4/17/2014My wife and I celebrate our birthdays and wedding anniversary at Scaramouche. We have a favourite table that we ask for and appreciate that we invariably get as we did again on this visit. Our dinner began with a delicious leek based soup. For our second course we had seafood ragu and the wild salmon which was the special of that night. Earlier we had met Ian Clark who cheerfully guided us to the most appropriate wine, as he always does. Dessert was coconut cream pie, which was wonderful. We end our evening thinking what a great place, such excellent food and wine and friendly people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spot on for a special occasion.StephenHDined on 4/11/2014Scaramouche is, in my opinion, the best Toronto has to offer. From the incredible views to the precisely made and delicious food. The service is understated, friendly and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a romantic spot and an amazing meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great chefsCalamariLoversDined on 4/4/2014First and second courses are always a mouth party with outstanding flavours married together while still teasing all of the taste buds dinner. The one downside is that the third course desserts while wonderful are overpriced.Special Features:
- MarvellousloveroffoodDined on 4/1/2014We had an excellent group dinner, not one bad thing to say. The food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, food was great.mOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Mushroom soup could have been served in deeper bowl, very small amount of an excellent soupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit of a disappointment...IlovefinediningDined on 3/29/2014The view was spectacular, the wine steward excellent but we found our server lacking the standard of professionalism that we experience at places like Canoe, Jacobs Steakhouse and Mistura. The food was good... and yet, we've had enough fine dining experience to expect more (and no, I'm not high maintenance. I had no complaints at any of the aforementioned restaurants). Perhaps only the regulars get exemplary service? We won't be returning anytime soon. We're heading back downtown - you should too!Special Features:
- An excellent meal, marredOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/28/2014An excellent meal, marred only by too much gristle on my veal strip loin. Fine oysters, great presentation, lovely desserts,I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!TOFoodie61VIPDined on 3/28/2014I have read so much about this restaurant I just had to try it. The food was just excellent, from the bread to the dessert. I had the seafood ragu and fell in love with the delicate broth. The octopus was so tender, and the aioli with the lobster was heavenly! The plate was so full of meat I though I won't be able to finish it, but I did! It was wise not to have any appetizer with this main course. The coconut cream pie had a flaky crust, and had the right sweetness, and was the perfect ending to a wonderful meal. The only downside is the location-it was hard to find the place. I just happened to see the signage along Avenue Road so we were able to navigate through the streets. As well, parking was a problem but valet service was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SublimeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/27/2014I finally tried the famous Scaramouche. Everything was beyond outstanding. We shared the goat cheese and were blown away by the variety of subtle flavours and textures explored in such a simple sounding appetizer. Especially good with the housemade pecan bread! My friend had the duck with fois gras and mushrooms. Presentation was gorgeous and the taste out of this world. I had the sea bass and it was awesome. Everything was cooked to perfection and all the flavours in each dish were so well balanced, nuanced and just delicious. This was one of, if not the best restaurant meal I have ever experienced. Food and service combined. Completely worth the splurge! Desserts were also lovely but the mains really were the star. I can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable servicePabloDined on 3/27/2014It was my first time at Scaramouche and overall it was a good experience (8.5 out of 10). Service is great and the staff is very friendly and accommodating. My let-down was a bit more about the food. I ordered the veal cheek appetizer (it was the appetizer of the day) and it was outstanding! Absolutely delicious. On the downside, I ordered the scallops and they were super salty and on the same note of flavour throughout the entire dish. It was a big disappointment for a 45 dollar plate. It is a very nice place but it definitely comes at a premium which unfortunately does not necessarily translates to great value in every dish.Special Features:
- Absolutely flawlessOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2014Scaramouche never disappoints. Thoughtful, gracious service combined with beautiful, perfectly-executed dishes. They've been one of - if not THE - top tables in Toronto for a long, long time and for good reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!jamiemilbrandtDined on 3/21/2014I took my wife here for her birthday and mentioned in my Open Table reservation that it was her birthday and I asked for a good view. The restaurant made sure that I had one of the nicest tables in the bar and remembered without my reminder that it was my wife's birthday and brought her out a special desert. The food was phenomenal. The service was fantastic. We will eat there again for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Toronto's best for decades!CleoVIPDined on 3/18/2014Love coming here. Superb service, fabulous food, lovely setting with great view of Toronto skyline. Great value for quality - $300 including tip for 3 course meal plus wine matching and coffee. Complimentary valet parking, so no parking issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't live up to expectations.Jaybird9520Dined on 3/14/2014The restaurant décor seemed a little dated, but this was tempered by the terrific view of the Toronto skyline afforded by large windows. Definitely try to get a window seat if you can. The service, was attentive however a dedicated sommelier would have made it better. The lack of a dedicated wine expert was evident when our waiter brought us a bottle of chilled chardonnay with an ice bucket. It was only by the end of the meal after letting our wine warm to room temperature that it finally opened up enough to truly enjoy. The food was good, although we found the partridge to be a little dry. The one standout of the night was the decadent coconut cream pie. I suspect there are better choices for meals in Toronto, at this price point.Special Features:
- Among the bestSweetAsDined on 3/13/2014Scaramouche is certainly one of the top restaurants in Toronto. It has it all -- great food, all courses, well prepared and delicious; friendly, welcoming service with a relaxed attentiveness; and a warm atmosphere with a good view of the city. Might be pricey for some, but if you like good food, it's worth the splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceEatOut1Dined on 3/8/2014Good Points: Food was wonderful. Service was impeccable. Our waitress was professional, yet warm, friendly & funny. Less Good Points: We were seated behind the one & only large pilar in the restaurant - so no view (which was one of the main selling points for us). There was a very loud table next to us, which made it difficult to have a romantic dinner, obviously nothing the restaurant could have done about it, but unfortunately affected our experience. Overall wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible as always!FoodieVIPDined on 2/27/2014Went for their annual lobsterlicious menu and as usual the restaurant did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect as alwaysk467Dined on 2/25/2014We have been coming to Scaramouche for about forty years . We have celebrated all sorts of birthdays and other occasions there over the years. We have never been disappointed with the food or service - a remarkable experience. The Lobsterlicious meal we both had this time was spectacular and a great break for us in the middle of such a long and cold winter.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerT1T2Dined on 2/24/2014Scaramouche is an excellent choice for a special occasion. The food was exceptional and the delicious Kouign Amann dessert was a fitting end to the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, but datedWineNdineDined on 2/22/2014This is my second time to Scaramouche. The service is top knotch, and the prices justify it. I find the interior was looking a little dated and worn - could use some simple repairs and a fresh coat of paint in areas which took away from the "fine dining" experience. Sat by the window for the view, and was a little drafty. Food and drink were great, but for this level of price I'd expect quality all around. Been to The George and I would probably go back there before here for this price point. All in all great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect, as usualPierreDined on 2/19/2014Outstanding food. Lobsterlicious menu is fantastic! Treated us to a nice table and a small plate of dessert for my wife's birthday on Wednesday, that's one more show of attentive service. We frequent many of the top restaurants in the city but this has been our favorite for special occasions for the last 10 years.Special Features:
- Food is a costly, but is expected.PepperDined on 2/15/2014Food is a costly, but is expected. The food is excellent, each dish is well prepared, and there are noticable layers within the dish. Very fine restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic in every countDebGVIPDined on 2/13/2014We've wanted to come here for more then 20 years and all I have to say is it was worth the wait! Superb service... Food incredible ... And somehow we were treated to the best table with the best view... What a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall ImpressionSavinderDined on 2/13/2014Our food and service were overall excellent for this special occasion. We had read and heard the rave reviews about the restaurant over the years. What we did find lacking somewhat was the energy and the very tired decor of the room. A great view should be accompanied by superior offerings in both these areas, and it was for this reason that our review was not 5/5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in serviceblinkDined on 2/13/2014We had a lovely table right by the window, great food but the service was disappointing. Our server seemed distracted and did not even bother to ask us how our meals were. Strange for a restaurant of this calibre. The service should be as good as the food etc.Special Features:
- A real treatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/10/2014This was such a wonderful experience that will be long remembered for the incredible service, food and ambiance. From the moment we arrived we were treated witha special flair and attention to detail that just made you want to relish on the food and atmosphere all evening. It was hard to leave but rest assured we will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scaramouche, Scara-wesomeBandCfoodiecplDined on 2/7/2014Amazing food and romantic ambience. $35 corkage fee, so we took out own bottle. Food was amazing, well presented and flavours that truly came to life. Great place for romance. Service wad attentive without being overbearing, top notch all around. One of Torontos best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Toronto's bestMattDined on 2/5/2014Still, after all these years, Scaramouche gets it all right. Impeccable food, discrete service, dignified ambiance. Its what a restaurant is supposed to be. Forget about whatever restaurant is 'hot' this year, just go to Scaramouche. I've eaten both in the pasta bar and the dining room. Both are excellent, but I'd recommend the pasta bar as it is a bit cheaper. You can still order the coconut cream pie at the pasta bar and that's reason enough to go...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worthy of any special occasionsylvrgirlVIPDined on 2/3/2014First time dining here and it was for a very special birthday celebration. The view is wonderful, but the food is what tops everything here. Standout items include the Spicy Steak Tartare (one of the best in the city), the Filet Mignon and of course, the Coconut Cream Pie. This is a dynamite restaurant in Toronto and no wonder it has such spectacular reviews and mentions. Magnifique!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently fabulousfoodieDined on 2/1/2014A late night dinner after opera was quiet, delicious with wonderfully attentive service. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spectacular as alwaysMaritimeAnneVIPDined on 2/1/2014We always try to get a table at Scaramouche when in Toronto- this restaurant has no equal in Toronto, or any other major city. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Excellent every year!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/30/2014My workplace sends me to Toronto every year in January for work, we go to Scaramouche every year at least once, the food is amazing & we love Lobsterlicious. We love the service and especially the coconut cream pie,and the view is wonderful too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was beautifully presented,DiscriminatingDined on 1/30/2014The food was beautifully presented, but the flavours were flat. The taste did not live up to the descriptions. Also, the service was perfunctionary and lacked real attention. I had trouble getting my water or my cofee refilled. Several servers passed our table, but they did not make any eye contact or check on our needs. Also, some of the desserts were just too small to enjoy properly.Special Features: