Scapa Italian Kitchen
1 Walker Ave
Clarendon Hills, IL 60514Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Scapa Italian Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.scapaitaliankitchen.com/
- Phone: 6303237000
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm (Kitchen) Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am (Bar) Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Special Events: Scapa Italian Kitchen is pleased to announce our private party events. Memorable get-togethers begin with attentive and careful planning. Our team will work with you to design a distinctive menu that expertly complements food and wine.
A word from Scapa Italian Kitchen
The ambiance and aroma of delicious Italian cuisine make Scapa Italian Kitchen an obvious favorite among Chicago area residents. Located in the heart of downtown Clarendon Hills, Scapa is a flurry of hospitality. Between the remarkable food, chic and elegant dining room, lively bar and exceptional service, Scapa is the perfect choice for a simple night out or for a special occasion. Just step through the door and you will become mesmerized by the world of Scapa. Refined dishes exhibit an extraordinary blend of bold flavors and fresh ingredients. Soft lighting enhances the exquisite decor and contributes to a timeless quality. Scapa is an impeccable combination of old-world sensibilities and a contemporary fashion in both the cuisine and the interior design. We warmly welcome you to our downtown Clarendon Hills restaurant. Come in and see why Scapa is considered a gem in the Western suburbs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Scapa Italian Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Clarendon Hills ›
Scapa Italian Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (56)special occasion (32)romantic (31)good for groups (29)fit for foodies (22)great for outdoor dining (13)kid-friendly (12)notable wine list (10)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Our PlaceINRAEDined on 10/18/2014We went on Friday but there were two parties.... Sooo we went Saturday evening... This is our place & the food was great, so was the ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The food and ambiance was excellent. It is nice to find fine dining without having to drive far. My only complaint was that the kitchen ran very slow on the night we were there. We had children with us and we asked for their food to arrive with our soup/salad course since they do not eat appetizers or salads. But we must have waited about 40 minutes to receive our first course of food. Our children are accustomed to eating in nice restaurants. But this meal ran a little too long even for them.Special Features:
- Birthday DinneranniversarydinerDined on 10/15/2014I specifically chose Scapa for a birthday dinner because of the ambience and menu. I love the heavy draped curtains encasing the booth seating; everything I've ever ordered to eat has been wonderful; and our server was great.Special Features:
- DON'T THINK ABOUT WINEOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/4/2014This restaurant has a great potential. The ambience is nice and the food quality is good but it needs a little more from a good chef to get to very good. The wine list is so overpriced that none of the selections make any sense. I am talking at least 3X retail! In some cases 4X!
- Stick to the basicsGiveme1morVIPDined on 10/1/2014I had not been to scappa in awhile. The menu had changed again and I was excited to try something new. I had the blackened grouper. The fish was over cooked and tasted fishy. Also tried the lobster mac and cheese appetizer. The Mac and cheese part was good but the pieces of lobster were not. The lobster had a heavy idione taste. I think if you order something traditional you will probably enjoy. Stay away from their seafood items.
- Great ServiceBruceBDined on 10/1/2014Our server , Tina, helped make the occasion special. Her knowledge of the offerings and wine list plus prompt and friendly service made the evening for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DotsyDined on 9/28/2014Excellent food! Very good service. Nice patio. Somewhat noisy on patio due to a small child.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slim14u2Slim14U2Dined on 9/26/2014Scapa is a.great Italian restaurant. I have been there with as many as 20 and as few as 2. The owners, Tony and his wife make the place very comfortable and inviting. I love the lobster ravioli, linguine with clams, and especially the gnocchi dishes. My wife's favorite are the eggplant and chicken parmesans. As a matter of fact, I have never had a dish there I haven't loved and all of our guests have enjoyed their food equally. Another reason I enjoy Scapa so much is you don't feel rushed and can take your time if you choose. I would recommend Scapa for size group and for any occasion. It is not just a great meal but an excellent dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceFoodie1Dined on 9/26/2014Service is friendly and attentive. Food has always been very good. Would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Great neighborhood joint. Great food, and great service.Special Features:
- Good Italian in the suburbsSaturdaynightVIPDined on 9/20/2014We went here with a Groupon and were impressed. A large menu, with a wide range of prices as well. We liked that soup and salad are included with your entrée. My favorite dish was a shrimp and polenta appetizer. The restaurant isn't on the main street in Clarendon Hills and we didn't know it was there, but we will be back. It takes perfection for me to give 5 stars, but this was very good.
- Neighborhood GemchrischicagoVIPDined on 9/19/2014Food rivaled a lot of "downtown" restaurants. The service was outstanding. I had the risotto which was one of the best I've had at any restaurant. We had a group of 6 and all agree we will be back!Special Features:
- Outstanding birhtday celebrationLaurenVIPDined on 9/6/2014We had a party of 12 for a birthday celebration and everything (food, wine, service and ambiance) was great. Our group ordered a variety of dishes including the honey glazed salmon, chicken pesto, saltimbocca, chicken parmigiana, lake perch, rigatoni abruzese, spaghetti and meatballs, and other dishes. I tried several dishes and they were outstanding, particularly the rigatoni - spicy, perfectly prepared and delicious. Our waiter was exceptional- gracious, professional, knowledgeable but friendly and not superficial. The dining rooms are tastefully decorated in warm colors with a somewhat modern aesthetic. You can easily hear others talk even in a big group. Can't wait to go back and try other dishes. Entire staff was welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem!TeekayDined on 8/30/2014So glad to find this lovely little neighborhood restaurant! Great ambiance, interesting and tasty food offerings and stellar service!!Special Features:
- Always goodComman1Dined on 8/23/2014We have been to Scapa's many times and are never disappointed. Tony the owner makes sure he visits every table when he can. Great food at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhhJoshuaDined on 8/22/2014Lights flickered the whole time. Unnecessary guitar singer. Empty glasses most of the night. Terrible service. Food came out wrong.
- Another great eveningTrySomethingNewDined on 8/9/2014Over the last 3 months I have brought 8 friends, neighbors or business associates to Scapa on 4 separate visits. During these visits most of the people tried different entrees. Everyone love the food and said they would be coming back. Some have already come back and brought their friends. With 3 separate rooms and alfresco dining you never feel crowded. For that special occasion they even have tables behind curtains for an intimate feeling. It is nice to find a place you can bring others and not worry about the food or service. In the 10 plus times we have been here the food and the service have been superb.Special Features:
- Ladies Night OuthappydinerDined on 8/1/2014A group of friends went for dinner last Friday, and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The food was delicious and not over-priced. Our server was friendly, but not intrusive. She even did separate checks for us. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- DICK64VIPDined on 7/26/2014What a friendly and pleasant restaurant to visit. Food - especially the hamburgers and veal - are excellent! The social environment as well as the positive attitude of the entire staff and owners is excellent! We feel like we are having a meal with family. Dick Pabst.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to comeRedfox127Dined on 7/25/2014We took our friends and they really enjoyed it. They had music which was in the bar area. We could hear it but it was not overpowering. The waitress was friendly and had good suggestions. EnjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatGrandGastronomyDined on 7/21/2014Have eaten here for several years, never disappointed. Menu has changed recently and is even better. Try the new Steak Diane - the mushroom gravy-style sauce is delicious. Whenever family is in town we go here, start with the tasty cocktails, then on to the wide range of appetizers (try the sausage and peppers), then to the main courses - chicken, fish, steaks, pasta - service and food, like I said above, never disappointed. Priced right, too.Special Features:
- Loved this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/17/2014We took a group of eight -- all of us from out of town, attending a conference. This place was a real find! It smells divine from the moment you walk in the door. And the food was excellent! The calamari appetizer was the best I've had anywhere -- ever!!Special Features:
- Ideal diningRedfox127Dined on 7/14/2014Great spot to have a wonderful dinner. The service was outstanding and they were willing to make a dish that was not currently on the menu but had been in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2014Just visited Scapa Italian Kitchen for the first time on a Sunday night. Really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere is very nice. Our complaint was the slow service. We ordered 2 appetizers to start with. The second appetizer arrived well after we finished the first. Then came the long wait for our entrees. We were very surprised at the slow service since most of the tables were open.Special Features:
- Food and service very goodTarheelborn1VIPDined on 7/12/2014We enjoyed dining at Scapa on Saturday night. Everyone was satisfied with their entrees, Lasagna, Veal Limone, Lobster Ravioli and Steak Diane. Sandy was a very attentive but not overbearing waitress...her timing was perfect.Special Features:
- RushedPJandAlDined on 7/12/2014While the atmosphere, food & wine were enjoyable, the service was very intrusive. We were rushed thru every course, dishes being cleared if any one of us looked like we were almost finished. We dine fairly often as a group of four or six, and enjoy catching up with each other. It was impossible to relax with the waitstaff all over us.Special Features:
- Wonderful serviceFuzzballVIPDined on 7/5/2014A group of 4: we had appetizers Rissoto with scallops, very good. Eggplant rolls also, very good and baked clams loved them. 2 fish dinners, rigatoni and lobster ravioli. All good but, my one complaint they could ease up on the salt. Desserts I'd pass on. Lemon bars but they had an aluminum taste and spumoni that was crystalized. I'd go back,
- Very NiceSndnmanDined on 7/5/2014Drove a half hour to eat here. Great food, great service. Tony the very nice, professional owner stopped by our table to see how our service and meal was. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placemnamsapVIPDined on 6/28/2014This is a fine restaurant food and service are outstanding! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great find!mytakeoftheplateVIPDined on 6/27/2014Checked Open Table and decided to take a chance with a new place. What a great place, friendly staff and delicious food. Brooke was our server and appeared with great timing. The beef short ribs with pappardelle - WOW! We will be back. BTW, live music on Fridays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 300 reviews are from the Scapa Italian Kitchen reviews archive.
- Dinner with friendsjf51VIPDined on 6/26/2014My wife and I often dine in the bar for half price appetizers. Tonight we brought a couple of older friends to dine in the main restaurant where we had a great time. We could talk comfortably at the table. The wait staff was prompt, friendly, but not overbearing. Food is excellent. The veal parmigiana is outstanding. I had perfectly cooked scallops with the best risotto in Chicago. Tony, the owner, works the room so everyone feels as if they are visiting his home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you to the hostOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/13/2014The host was great, found my son and I a nice table with a TV so he could watch the World Cup. Very accommodating on a busy Friday night!Special Features:
- Wonderful Seafood preparationMeateaterVIPDined on 5/31/2014The Alaskan Halibut was super fresh and wonderfully prepared. All their dishes are ver tasty, and moderately priced. Very enjoyable dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryCricaDined on 5/24/2014Was a very good food and drinks. We advised them it was anniversary and they gave us special seating and more. Was not crowded but busy on the friday evening we went. Loved the food and the service.Special Features:
- slim14u2Slim14U2Dined on 5/23/2014This is one of my favorite places! The owners are fantastic! They make a point of coming out to greet the customers and ask their opinions. They also make things right when there is any problem with your experience. We had a slight wait to get our drink order taken, only 10 or 15 minutes, so the owners gave us our first round on them. The food is also fantastic! I have been here on multiple occasions and have ordered many different items from the menu and each one is better than the last! I would recommend for everyone to try Scapa for a total dining experience. I even recommend if you want going up there to watch a sporting event and grab some drinks and snacks with friends!Special Features:
- Love ScapaOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/17/2014The restaurant is friendly, food is excellent, service is outstanding. The chicken limone is awesome. Nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!!ItalianFanacticDined on 5/11/2014This was the first time for my wife, son & I at this establishment. A new find for us that we will be returning too. This place has a great staff and awesome food!! Enjoyed every minute spent there. A huge drink menu to choose from. Highly recommended!!Special Features:
- Nice placeFrenchyDined on 5/11/2014I have to be fair. I went to Scapa around 8 years ago when they were at a different location, it was a tiny place. The food and the ambience was outstanding. I just went for Mothers day and found they changed locations. They moved to a bigger place which is a good thing, however the service was horrible. They were really backed up. Our food took an hour and 20 minutes to arrive. The manager came out (I think it was the manager, he didn't identify himself) and apologized and comped our deserts. Every table waited an enormous amount of time. I will go there again just because I feel like they were busy because of a holiday. The food was good. Just go there when you are not rushed just in case this is the norm but I highly doubt it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/11/2014We went to Scapa's for Mother's Day. Excellent food & service, which we have experienced every time we have dined there. Highly recommended! Request "cabin" seating if you are a party of four or less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What are people talking about?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Ok, so first and foremost, I did a lot of research online before going there on mothers day. It got a lot of good reviews online. But the restaurant I went to WAS NOT at all like the reviews I read. I was so disappointed. Our server sucked, the food was dry, overcooked, and way to salty!! The ambience was nice, but that's it. Oh, and there tiramisu was actually really good, but I didn't go there got dessert. Again, thoroughly disappointed!!!