Scampo at The Liberty Hotel
215 Charles Street
Boston, MA 02114Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Scampo at The Liberty Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.scampoboston.com/
- Phone: 6175362100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm,
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm,
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Simon Restrepo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Scampo's private dining room accommodates up to 32 people. It features state of the art audio/visual ability.
- Private Party Contact: Carah McLaughlin 6175362100
A word from Scampo at The Liberty Hotel
Award-winning chef Lydia Shire is known for pushing the envelope and creating an unrivaled culinary experience. Her Italian concept in Scampo follows suit. The restaurant pairs simple, rustic food, chic Italian design and a glorious open kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Scampo at The Liberty Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
167 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (101)special occasion (90)vibrant bar scene (58)hot spot (57)good for groups (53)great for outdoor dining (53)romantic (47)notable wine list (44)neighborhood gem (38)great for lunch (31)great for brunch (17)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (5)Show More
- disappointedPippaVIPDined on 9/12/2014We've eaten at scampo before- we even hag or wedding at the hotel and our wedding brunch at the restaurant- and while normally the food and service is exceptional, this visit was very disappointing. We were seated in the side room which was freezing and felt very rundown compared to the rest of the restaurant, lIke we were an afterthought. Everything we ordered sounded inventive and delicious like scampo food usually is but all lacked flavor. I would hesitate before going back despite past positive experiences. I fear they're getting lazy.Special Features:
- great meal in former jailNomossundermyfeetDined on 9/11/2014have been here several times. This time they were able to accommodate our group of four on short notice, which I really appreciated. it was really last minute and there was a huge convention in town. anyway, the food is always fantastic here. pasta is made on site; pizzas are incredible. one of us had steak and loved it; another had salmon and devoured it; i had an off-the-menu mushroom risotto and would have licked the plate were that acceptable. Our server was patient and very helpful. The only drawback is it gets SO NOISY! So, I would not recommend it for anyone with hearing issues because we literally were shouting our conversation by the end of dinner. Be sure to check out the Alibi Lounge and the more casual place, Clink.Special Features:
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014Some of the best Italian food I have ever had. The pasta is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing evening at ScampoMeaganVIPDined on 9/5/2014This was our 2nd visit to Scampo in the past year and it was incredibly flat. Our service for the evening was very average - he was friendly, but very busy. This meant we often had empty cocktails and water. The calamari app was not special at all, the carpaccio and mozzarella appetizer was mediocre. The swordfish entree was actually terrible. On top of all or this the meal was very expensive. Scampo and the Liberty Hotel seem to have lost its edge. We will not be back anytime soon.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/5/2014Wonderful. Love every bite! Great menu. Even better, each bite is delicious and unique. We love Scampo!Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceAnneMicheleDined on 9/3/2014I took a colleague to Scampo for a business dinner. We opted to sit outside on the patio. Great place to dine. We had one of the signature breads, the fish special (which was amazing and chocolate chip cookies. This is definitely a spot where the cool kids hang out. Great food, attentive service, great ambience. A winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast Moving PerfectionLocalCitizenDined on 8/31/2014Interesting venue in the old jail, inspiring menu with thorough descriptions by competent waiters and reasonably priced nice wine list. Sitting at the "kitchen bar" is a great experience.Special Features:
- Superb!Fatherof5Dined on 8/30/2014The food is excellent although pricey. The open kitchen offers views of the behind the scenes action. Service was also excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Superb DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/30/2014Another memorable dinner at Scampo. Highlights - Naan with proscuitto and arugula; salmon; gnocchi with cod; halibut special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/27/2014Oh, my! We had a WONDERFUL lunch. Surprised to find it was restaurant week, we ordered the prix fixe which was fabulous. Every bite. Our server was gracious, helpful, patient, and we lingered happily at this marvelous restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scampo'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014A great buzzing restaurant in the Liberty Hotel which is a great setting. Very noisy so not really the best place for a quiet romantic meal. Food very good although portions are a bit on the smalller side.Special Features:
- MrsBlackwhiteDined on 8/23/2014Menu is diverse and the space is very unique. This was out first time at Scampo but love the idea of the refurbished jail. Food was presented beautifully and the waiter Curt, was awesome. Very helpful and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotMarisaDined on 8/23/2014Good food with interesting variety to traditional Italian dishes. Very cool design. Loved the copper lamps. Super comfortable chairs. Waiter was very attentive without being around too much. Will definitely go back.
- Wonderful place!Sio927Dined on 8/21/2014Fantastic resturant! My girlfriend and I had an anniversary dinner at Scampo on a Thursday night. The menu was great but the food was even better. The wait staff was very good and attentive. Overall an excellent experiance, I would recommend this resturant to anyone looking for a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in BostonCharlestownJoVIPDined on 8/21/2014I have dined at Scampo a few times now and it is superbly consistent. The starter of Scollops with mild Indian notes was beautifully cooked and presented with flair. The Salmon was cooked to perfection, the Tiramisu was the best I have eaten anywhere. One can tell that the Scampo Team works hard to stay at the top of its game.Special Features:
- winendineDined on 8/19/2014Scampo is in a great location and has great menu items you wouldn't find anywhere else. The food was really good and the waiter was really sweet.Special Features:
- CeliaDined on 8/18/2014The food is great and the service is too. Prices and parking are a bit high which prevents me from going there on a regular basis.Special Features:
- Delicious night !!MaromixDined on 8/17/2014The place was recommended by a friend who is a chef at studied in Boston. Great food !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Predictably excellentBeachgirlVIPDined on 8/17/2014I have been to Scampo on numerous occasions and always find the food and service excellent. I had the brick baked chicken and it was delicious.Special Features:
- great pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014this is definitely a great place for pizza and pasta. The main entrees are pricey..I had the salmon and was jealous of my friends bolognese. Great service though and the outside dining area is great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DustyDined on 8/4/2014We had a delightful lunch. while sitting outside in a quite atmosphere. It was nicely served by a pleasant waiter.Special Features:
- First visit, definitely not lastannemachefVIPDined on 7/27/2014Reading the menu at Scampo was like looking at art you've never seen before - all the elements were familiar but put together in such a creative, inspired way that is was totally fresh and fantastic! Yum to everything we ate and the service was just perfect. I could have ordered even more - but we had to save some surprises for our next visit.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/26/2014Hostess was kind of rude when we asked to change table as she sat us next to the smaller kitchen door, saying it wasn't the kitchen. There was a lot of activity in and out. But the service was good and the food even better. I'd go back for dinner (lunch and brunch are not so good).
- marjoVIPDined on 7/26/2014Food was OK not very special as was expected. Ordered wine year 2010, waiter tried to convince us twice that 2011 was all they had. But when we refused, he was able to find the 2010!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularSpectacularVIPDined on 7/26/2014Scamp has always been one of my favorites. It can now be officially named my ultimate favorite. Every single thing was perfection and the entire experience cannot be beat!Special Features:
- Trendy Italian SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/22/2014I'd associate this restaurant with the Meatpacking District in NYC, if one were to exist in Boston. The food is pretty good - as in Meatpacking, it's not super-authentic Italian, but quite good for a sceney-type place. Some menu items I liked: heirloom tomatoes & basil salad, berkshire tomahawk pork chop, pea tendril stir fry. The complimentary breadsticks with white bean pesto are good as well. I like the electro/lounge playlist they have during dinner hours - Good spot for a girls' night out or a group if you're in the mood to dress up and go out. Can go to Alibi lounge afterwards for cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food preparationHungryBearDined on 7/21/2014was top-notch. Wish I'd had the kitchen staff when I was in the Army.Special Features:
- OutstandingFoodieVIPDined on 7/20/2014It was our favorite restaurant in the Boston area having some stiff competition. The food was remarkable, unusual, and varied. service was excellent and loved the room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded Our High ExpectationsNateDined on 7/20/2014I first dined at Scampo last October with a couple of friends from Waltham. We had such a great time that I couldn't wait to come back during my next visit to Boston (this past Sunday night). I invited a few friends with the promise that they would be blown away by the Scampo experience. Suffice to say that by the end of the night, my friends were nominating me for a MacArthur "Genius Grant" for my suggestion. The staff was relaxed, professional and brilliant. Starting with our lovely Ph.D. candidate hostess, Laura and continuing with our charming and expert server, Dane, every note was pitch perfect. We feasted on the Pear Apple Pork, the Tagliata of Sirloin and the Slow Cooked Duck -- Awesome! Keep up the Great Work...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice But Not Great MealGeoffDined on 7/20/2014A group of us went out to dinner here a few days ago. The food was very good, but not great (except for the lobster pizza - that was great). The service was OK, but could have been better. For this much money, Scampo simply should be better. No real "Wow Factor." Maybe we got them on an off night. Very attractive dinning room, and the whole jail thing in the decorations around the room is cute.Special Features:
- Good findSmitthDined on 7/14/2014I was visiting from New York and wanted a nice place for dinner with a work colleague. The restaurant was a pleasant surprise; the food was great; we ordered too many starters because my salmon was perfectly done but I couldn't finish it. My friend's pork chop was cooked to perfection. Staff efficient and friendly. I would definitely return on my next trip to Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Milestone Dinner Celebration!goodday2UDined on 7/14/2014Our food was outstanding and the service was impeccable, warm and personal. As the tables filled up with patrons, the noise level increased to the point that my party (of 4) could not carry on a conversation due to the noise.Special Features:
- FIRST TIMESB4diningVIPDined on 7/13/2014Our first time at the restaurant. Sat outside - was lovely as the weather was great. Our wait person was amazing. We had naan, which is odd for an italian restaurant, but it was awsome. We had a mixture of items and shared them all. We would definately go back. Great dinner.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!southcitydocVIPDined on 7/12/2014From the beginning specialty cocktails through dessert, this restaurant knows how to DO IT ALL!! Every person living in or visiting Boston MUST go here. They will be so glad they did and will leave looking forward to their next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique but pricyChesBayDined on 7/6/2014Was staying at Liberty hotel, so decided to check out Scampo baseed on positive reviews. Tandoori Scallops on white eggplant were different and very tasty. Wife had didn't like the Veg Cabonara Spaghetti - said it was too salty, but enjoyed the Pea Tendrils. As noted in other reviews, the brick walls make the acoustics challenging. Service was very attentive. When I made the reservation, the app told me nothing was available between 6:30 and 9. There were actually plenty of empty tables during the blocked out period. That might have been an OpenTable problem, not Scampo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great July evening meal at Scampo!JOHNSONDined on 7/3/2014Great service and excellent food. Recommend for a fun and interesting venue. Nice atmosphere and accommodating staff. This is a fun place to dine while visiting the city and is in a good location. Great location from which to walk and see sites in the surrounding area. recommend the ravioli for a real treat that was so appropriate for a light summer dish. Prices fair for the dining environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in BostonJenniferVIPDined on 6/30/2014It was really unbelievably good. We had the asparagus ravioli and I practically swooned. I went again for lunch the next day and was not disappointed. Lovely burrata and greens. So, so delicious. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastico!Yankfan1213Dined on 6/29/2014My girlfriend and daughter and I stayed at the Liberty Hotel doe to its close proximity to the Hospital. Often times hotel restaurants are mediocre but not Scampo. we we're greeted with a warm welcome by the hostess and sat promptly. Our waiter was well informed about the menu and gave honest recommendations. We had a variety of cocktails all of which were made well or altered to our preference. (Bloody Mary needed a bit more kick). The Sunday supper is a great deal. Salad huge portion of chicken parm and stuffed shells and a dessert and all for under 40.00. It's not cheap but the quality is there and that's what matters! Lots of variety to the menu and we all found it difficult to choose from all the delicious options. I would return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our anniversary was perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/29/2014We went to Scampo's on a friend's recommendation and it was wonderful! From my amazing cocktail, awesome pre dinner app and my dinner that was too wonderful and too big to finish we had a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and serviceYummyFoodaddictionDined on 6/28/2014Took my sister there for her birthday. She is obsessed with lobster and the lobster pizza we ordered did not disappoint! The food was great in general, and very well presented. In the end they brought her a little complimentary dessert plate with happy birthday written across it. I will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.