Scampo at The Liberty Hotel
215 Charles Street
Boston, MA 02114Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Scampo at The Liberty Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.scampoboston.com/
- Phone: 6175362100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm,
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm,
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Simon Restrepo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Scampo's private dining room accommodates up to 32 people. It features state of the art audio/visual ability.
- Private Party Contact: Carah McLaughlin 6175362100
A word from Scampo at The Liberty Hotel
Award-winning chef Lydia Shire is known for pushing the envelope and creating an unrivaled culinary experience. Her Italian concept in Scampo follows suit. The restaurant pairs simple, rustic food, chic Italian design and a glorious open kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Scampo at The Liberty Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (90)special occasion (79)vibrant bar scene (53)good for groups (51)hot spot (48)great for outdoor dining (47)notable wine list (43)romantic (42)neighborhood gem (37)great for lunch (26)great for brunch (17)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (5)Show More
- Run to ScampoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014You know when you are someplace years ago and it was amazing so you go back. This was Scampo and we were equally impressed this time around. Great food, interesting brunch menu, nice wine and very helpful with our baby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Full of FlavorOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014I have eaten at Scampo many times before. Incredible dining experience, everything was prepared perfectly. I keep coming back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable!!MontrealfoodiesDined on 10/11/2014Amazing everytime we visit! Food, service, ambiance, always top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very trendyUntrendyMikeDined on 10/11/2014To start, we shared the mozzarella w/ vine ripe heirloom tomatoes and basil, which was very good. I then had an arugula salad, which was a bit boring. For the main course, my wife ordered the baby lamb special, which she very much enjoyed and I ordered the pork rack. The pork was meh, but the sugar pumpkin souffle was the best item of the night and the dish was nicely decorated for fall with half a pumpkin, which also was very good. For dessert we ordered the apple crisp bread pudding and the cookies and milk. Again both very good, but at $11 a piece, way overpriced. If you like trendy this is the spot. They have done a great job remodeling this former jail into a very cool space. Service was great, however it is a bit pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Bird in the Corner BoothMommaNelsonDined on 10/11/2014We had a 5:30 reservation for 6, including three children. They seated us at a large corner booth and were great about the fact that one member of our party was late on account of public transportation. Our waiter was helpful in ordering and undaunted by our three year old daughter reenacting Frozen with figurines on the table top. I wouldn't normally say it is a kid-friendly place, because of being fancy and expensive, but my kids loved the food and I had a great time, feeling welcome and well-cared for, and I am still thinking about that amazing flatbread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchsconesDined on 10/11/2014I felt like the hollandaise was too buttery, but other people may like that. Just be forewarned. Otherwise the brunch was great.Special Features:
- Food was ok ..EastCoastGirlVIPDined on 10/10/2014The food was just ok .. portions were small and definitely not worth the price. My husband ordered a scoop of ice cream for desert .. I have never seen a scoop so small .. they should be embarrassed to serve this. I think it must have been scooped with a melon baller! We were seated at a table close to the kitchen entrance and when any of the servers went in or out, my chair was bumped (sometimes with an apology, sometimes not). That table should never have been placed there. I will say that our server was wonderful .. very informative and attentive.Special Features:
- EricDined on 10/4/2014Great place, great food. Always love coming here.Special Features:
- excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/28/2014Enjoyed our experience. Was a warm night, so were able to sit outside under giant umbrellas on the patio. Food and cocktails were excellent, as was the service. Very happy to have a gluten free menu, including pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 9/27/2014Overpriced mozzarella sampler, it was good but not worth $30, also we had to purchase bread to go with it as it is only served with the mozzarella-kind of strange. Waitress was amazing, outside seating was wonderful. Architecture was beautiful-maintaining the old with new. Lasagna and calamari best I've had in long time.Special Features:
- Scampo reviewJenGDined on 9/26/2014We went to Scampo for a special birthday lunch and it was wonderful. The service was great and every bite full of the food was perfectly delicious. I look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AlwaysHotelsDined on 9/21/2014Great Restaurant at all times. Great Lunch/Bar/Dinner scene. A must if you are in Boston.Special Features:
- Excellent food & serviceNorthCountryGirlDined on 9/21/2014I had been to Scampo twice before for dinner on the weekend and really enjoyed the excellent food, service, and lively atmosphere. I ate here for brunch last Sunday and again thought the food was amazing (try the bacon, bourbon, & maple donuts and eggs benedict!) and appreciated the excellent service. The only difference was that the restaurant was very quiet, almost deserted compared to the usual lively/trendy vibe that it has in the evenings. Regardless, I would definitely recommend this restaurant for brunch.Special Features:
- Fun w Pete, Rita n J bostonAndy123VIPDined on 9/18/2014Home run! Great service n food. Yummy! Makes me wish I lived in new England.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great in all areasOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/17/2014Enjoyed lunch at Scampo recently. Scallops were perfectly cooked, tuna also excellent. Service could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014Everything was perfect!! From the food, to the wine, to the service! Will definitely go again soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedPippaVIPDined on 9/12/2014We've eaten at scampo before- we even hag or wedding at the hotel and our wedding brunch at the restaurant- and while normally the food and service is exceptional, this visit was very disappointing. We were seated in the side room which was freezing and felt very rundown compared to the rest of the restaurant, lIke we were an afterthought. Everything we ordered sounded inventive and delicious like scampo food usually is but all lacked flavor. I would hesitate before going back despite past positive experiences. I fear they're getting lazy.Special Features:
- great meal in former jailNomossundermyfeetDined on 9/11/2014have been here several times. This time they were able to accommodate our group of four on short notice, which I really appreciated. it was really last minute and there was a huge convention in town. anyway, the food is always fantastic here. pasta is made on site; pizzas are incredible. one of us had steak and loved it; another had salmon and devoured it; i had an off-the-menu mushroom risotto and would have licked the plate were that acceptable. Our server was patient and very helpful. The only drawback is it gets SO NOISY! So, I would not recommend it for anyone with hearing issues because we literally were shouting our conversation by the end of dinner. Be sure to check out the Alibi Lounge and the more casual place, Clink.Special Features:
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014Some of the best Italian food I have ever had. The pasta is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing evening at ScampoMeaganVIPDined on 9/5/2014This was our 2nd visit to Scampo in the past year and it was incredibly flat. Our service for the evening was very average - he was friendly, but very busy. This meant we often had empty cocktails and water. The calamari app was not special at all, the carpaccio and mozzarella appetizer was mediocre. The swordfish entree was actually terrible. On top of all or this the meal was very expensive. Scampo and the Liberty Hotel seem to have lost its edge. We will not be back anytime soon.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/5/2014Wonderful. Love every bite! Great menu. Even better, each bite is delicious and unique. We love Scampo!Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceAnneMicheleVIPDined on 9/3/2014I took a colleague to Scampo for a business dinner. We opted to sit outside on the patio. Great place to dine. We had one of the signature breads, the fish special (which was amazing and chocolate chip cookies. This is definitely a spot where the cool kids hang out. Great food, attentive service, great ambience. A winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast Moving PerfectionLocalCitizenDined on 8/31/2014Interesting venue in the old jail, inspiring menu with thorough descriptions by competent waiters and reasonably priced nice wine list. Sitting at the "kitchen bar" is a great experience.Special Features:
- Superb!Fatherof5Dined on 8/30/2014The food is excellent although pricey. The open kitchen offers views of the behind the scenes action. Service was also excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Superb DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/30/2014Another memorable dinner at Scampo. Highlights - Naan with proscuitto and arugula; salmon; gnocchi with cod; halibut special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/27/2014Oh, my! We had a WONDERFUL lunch. Surprised to find it was restaurant week, we ordered the prix fixe which was fabulous. Every bite. Our server was gracious, helpful, patient, and we lingered happily at this marvelous restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scampo'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014A great buzzing restaurant in the Liberty Hotel which is a great setting. Very noisy so not really the best place for a quiet romantic meal. Food very good although portions are a bit on the smalller side.Special Features:
- MrsBlackwhiteDined on 8/23/2014Menu is diverse and the space is very unique. This was out first time at Scampo but love the idea of the refurbished jail. Food was presented beautifully and the waiter Curt, was awesome. Very helpful and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotMarisaDined on 8/23/2014Good food with interesting variety to traditional Italian dishes. Very cool design. Loved the copper lamps. Super comfortable chairs. Waiter was very attentive without being around too much. Will definitely go back.
- Wonderful place!Sio927Dined on 8/21/2014Fantastic resturant! My girlfriend and I had an anniversary dinner at Scampo on a Thursday night. The menu was great but the food was even better. The wait staff was very good and attentive. Overall an excellent experiance, I would recommend this resturant to anyone looking for a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in BostonCharlestownJoVIPDined on 8/21/2014I have dined at Scampo a few times now and it is superbly consistent. The starter of Scollops with mild Indian notes was beautifully cooked and presented with flair. The Salmon was cooked to perfection, the Tiramisu was the best I have eaten anywhere. One can tell that the Scampo Team works hard to stay at the top of its game.Special Features:
- winendineDined on 8/19/2014Scampo is in a great location and has great menu items you wouldn't find anywhere else. The food was really good and the waiter was really sweet.Special Features:
- CeliaDined on 8/18/2014The food is great and the service is too. Prices and parking are a bit high which prevents me from going there on a regular basis.Special Features:
- Delicious night !!MaromixDined on 8/17/2014The place was recommended by a friend who is a chef at studied in Boston. Great food !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Predictably excellentBeachgirlVIPDined on 8/17/2014I have been to Scampo on numerous occasions and always find the food and service excellent. I had the brick baked chicken and it was delicious.Special Features:
- great pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014this is definitely a great place for pizza and pasta. The main entrees are pricey..I had the salmon and was jealous of my friends bolognese. Great service though and the outside dining area is great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DustyDined on 8/4/2014We had a delightful lunch. while sitting outside in a quite atmosphere. It was nicely served by a pleasant waiter.Special Features:
- First visit, definitely not lastannemachefVIPDined on 7/27/2014Reading the menu at Scampo was like looking at art you've never seen before - all the elements were familiar but put together in such a creative, inspired way that is was totally fresh and fantastic! Yum to everything we ate and the service was just perfect. I could have ordered even more - but we had to save some surprises for our next visit.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/26/2014Hostess was kind of rude when we asked to change table as she sat us next to the smaller kitchen door, saying it wasn't the kitchen. There was a lot of activity in and out. But the service was good and the food even better. I'd go back for dinner (lunch and brunch are not so good).
- marjoVIPDined on 7/26/2014Food was OK not very special as was expected. Ordered wine year 2010, waiter tried to convince us twice that 2011 was all they had. But when we refused, he was able to find the 2010!!I would recommend this to a friend.