Scampo at The Liberty Hotel
215 Charles Street
Boston, MA 02114Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Scampo at The Liberty Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.scampoboston.com/
- Phone: (617) 536-2100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm,
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm,
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Simon Restrepo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Scampo's private dining room accommodates up to 32 people. It features state of the art audio/visual ability.
- Private Party Contact: Carah McLaughlin 6175362100
A word from Scampo at The Liberty Hotel
Award-winning chef Lydia Shire is known for pushing the envelope and creating an unrivaled culinary experience. Her Italian concept in Scampo follows suit. The restaurant pairs simple, rustic food, chic Italian design and a glorious open kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Scampo at The Liberty Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (92)special occasion (73)hot spot (59)good for groups (57)vibrant bar scene (48)notable wine list (44)neighborhood gem (37)romantic (33)great for outdoor dining (33)great for lunch (23)late-night find (18)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Fabulous!JPluvsfoodDined on 11/17/2014Fabulous! Lydia shines as usual Excellent service, food and ambience. Will return for future special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dining experiencePinheadVIPDined on 11/16/2014We were staying at the Liberty Hotel for a few nights and love that the hotel had a good restaurant. Nicely appointed dining room and good food. Enjoyed the mozzarella bar made in house. We will definitely return to both the hotel and to Scampo--but we will bring friends next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent italian food in nice ambiance, good serviceKimleblancDined on 11/15/2014Nice ambiance at scampo. We arrived in our hotel and went for a quick bite as we were jetlagged. We ordered mozzarella, a pizza and some spaghetti. When Į asked the server if Į would order the smaller or bigger portion, he suggested the smaller, as Į could order more if Į hadn't enough. Very nice, as the bigger portion was double the price, and the smaller portion was big enough! Overall a nice spot with nice food, the mozzarella was delicious as was the pizza. The spaghetti vongole was just the way you get it in Italy! The proces are on the higher side but it's good quality so worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kjd1VIPDined on 11/15/2014Very accomodating to those with allergies. Also they have added som non-sweet cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and predictable !onlydessertsDined on 11/13/2014Excellent, gracious and personable service. Food was wonderful, as always! (Lobster pizza is amazing)! Our meal was served promptly and our very nice server brought a plate with cookies and a candle, as we were too full for a birthday dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely a perfect place for a business lunchbobtrumpetDined on 11/12/2014Consistenly perfect in every aspect. From eclectic menue with sensational choices to the well executed decor you will enjoy .Service is always excellent. Having valet parking is a plus that makes it easy to set up a meeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/9/2014Always a great meal. The mozzarella bar dishes are fabulous. Bay scallops were amazing. One of our Boston favsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Fare!DDinSLDined on 11/8/2014The menu is well-rounded with something for everyone. The artisanal pizzas are delicious for a later dinner fare as well as appetizers. Everything is so fresh and the mix of flavors are excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/5/2014Great cocktail and good food. You are choosing a loud, busy-feeling place (even when it's not full) that thinks a lot of itself. Just like with people, this can be fun, it's entertaining and the service, presentation and food are carefully seen to. But it is LOUD and rambunctious and very expensive. Take your hard earned money and go for a treat with your pals when you are in the mood for wild love. Go somewhere else for tender romance and intimacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/3/2014DOn't miss Patrick's Naan and whatever fish special they have - always delicious. Perfectly dressed salad, different, but interesting and delicious take on lasagna. The prices do make this a special occasion only spot, but it is a treatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A really nice eveningYBSRDined on 11/2/2014Great experience overall. The portions were just right , the food excellent. The service was friendly and exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ughhalesdDined on 11/1/2014Food was overpriced and calling it mediocre would be generous. Had a reservation but they made us wait 20 minutes before telling us they could only seat us at a high top near the bar. Overall the experience was pretty terrible... The worst dining experience I have had in Boston. The server was nice however and did her job well.Special Features:
- DeliciousEileenDined on 11/1/2014Everyhthing was fresh and delicious. The presentations were terrific, great vibe and fun selection of drinks.Special Features:
- dickDined on 10/31/2014excellent foo,fun very good serviceHave not been in a long time, will returnSpecial Features:
- Expecting moreAfm1224Dined on 10/31/2014Service was great. Ambiance was wonderful. Food was terrible. I had the risotto with short rib. The risotto has a cheese in it that tasted like feet would. The amount of food on the plate was dismal. I was considering ordering another meal because I was so hungry but then I didn't want another terrible mean fol over 25 dollars. We were so looking forward to this meal as it was a Friday night out in Boston.
- Just shy of goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/28/2014Service was lackluster but our group was large and arrived at different times so not her fault she had trouble following our lead. However the food was just average hotel food and fine but not great which is what I expected. I'd go back for a drink but wouldn't dine again.
- CabaileyDined on 10/24/2014This was my second time to Scampo and it was even better than I had rememebered. Our waiter was lovely - very attentive and friendly. He didn't rush us at all even though we were there for over 3.5 hours! We shared the bay scallops with pancetta, the squash ravioli with pumpkin seed brittle and the fiore di latte pizza with zucchini blossoms. All were incredible. The ravioli were so perfect for a fall evening - sweet and savory. The pizza was incredible. My girlfriend had never had zucchini blossoms and I think she is a convert! Absolutely recommend Scampo. Note that if you are avoiding gluten and/or dairy the options are a bit limited but this is an Italian restaurant after all. They do have g-free pasta but no gf options for pizza.Special Features:
- Run to ScampoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014You know when you are someplace years ago and it was amazing so you go back. This was Scampo and we were equally impressed this time around. Great food, interesting brunch menu, nice wine and very helpful with our baby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Full of FlavorOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014I have eaten at Scampo many times before. Incredible dining experience, everything was prepared perfectly. I keep coming back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable!!MontrealfoodiesDined on 10/11/2014Amazing everytime we visit! Food, service, ambiance, always top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very trendyUntrendyMikeDined on 10/11/2014To start, we shared the mozzarella w/ vine ripe heirloom tomatoes and basil, which was very good. I then had an arugula salad, which was a bit boring. For the main course, my wife ordered the baby lamb special, which she very much enjoyed and I ordered the pork rack. The pork was meh, but the sugar pumpkin souffle was the best item of the night and the dish was nicely decorated for fall with half a pumpkin, which also was very good. For dessert we ordered the apple crisp bread pudding and the cookies and milk. Again both very good, but at $11 a piece, way overpriced. If you like trendy this is the spot. They have done a great job remodeling this former jail into a very cool space. Service was great, however it is a bit pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Bird in the Corner BoothMommaNelsonDined on 10/11/2014We had a 5:30 reservation for 6, including three children. They seated us at a large corner booth and were great about the fact that one member of our party was late on account of public transportation. Our waiter was helpful in ordering and undaunted by our three year old daughter reenacting Frozen with figurines on the table top. I wouldn't normally say it is a kid-friendly place, because of being fancy and expensive, but my kids loved the food and I had a great time, feeling welcome and well-cared for, and I am still thinking about that amazing flatbread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchsconesDined on 10/11/2014I felt like the hollandaise was too buttery, but other people may like that. Just be forewarned. Otherwise the brunch was great.Special Features:
- Food was ok ..EastCoastGirlVIPDined on 10/10/2014The food was just ok .. portions were small and definitely not worth the price. My husband ordered a scoop of ice cream for desert .. I have never seen a scoop so small .. they should be embarrassed to serve this. I think it must have been scooped with a melon baller! We were seated at a table close to the kitchen entrance and when any of the servers went in or out, my chair was bumped (sometimes with an apology, sometimes not). That table should never have been placed there. I will say that our server was wonderful .. very informative and attentive.Special Features:
- EricDined on 10/4/2014Great place, great food. Always love coming here.Special Features:
- excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/28/2014Enjoyed our experience. Was a warm night, so were able to sit outside under giant umbrellas on the patio. Food and cocktails were excellent, as was the service. Very happy to have a gluten free menu, including pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 9/27/2014Overpriced mozzarella sampler, it was good but not worth $30, also we had to purchase bread to go with it as it is only served with the mozzarella-kind of strange. Waitress was amazing, outside seating was wonderful. Architecture was beautiful-maintaining the old with new. Lasagna and calamari best I've had in long time.Special Features:
- Scampo reviewJenGDined on 9/26/2014We went to Scampo for a special birthday lunch and it was wonderful. The service was great and every bite full of the food was perfectly delicious. I look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AlwaysHotelsDined on 9/21/2014Great Restaurant at all times. Great Lunch/Bar/Dinner scene. A must if you are in Boston.Special Features:
- Excellent food & serviceNorthCountryGirlDined on 9/21/2014I had been to Scampo twice before for dinner on the weekend and really enjoyed the excellent food, service, and lively atmosphere. I ate here for brunch last Sunday and again thought the food was amazing (try the bacon, bourbon, & maple donuts and eggs benedict!) and appreciated the excellent service. The only difference was that the restaurant was very quiet, almost deserted compared to the usual lively/trendy vibe that it has in the evenings. Regardless, I would definitely recommend this restaurant for brunch.Special Features:
- Fun w Pete, Rita n J bostonAndy123VIPDined on 9/18/2014Home run! Great service n food. Yummy! Makes me wish I lived in new England.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great in all areasOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/17/2014Enjoyed lunch at Scampo recently. Scallops were perfectly cooked, tuna also excellent. Service could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014Everything was perfect!! From the food, to the wine, to the service! Will definitely go again soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedPippaVIPDined on 9/12/2014We've eaten at scampo before- we even hag or wedding at the hotel and our wedding brunch at the restaurant- and while normally the food and service is exceptional, this visit was very disappointing. We were seated in the side room which was freezing and felt very rundown compared to the rest of the restaurant, lIke we were an afterthought. Everything we ordered sounded inventive and delicious like scampo food usually is but all lacked flavor. I would hesitate before going back despite past positive experiences. I fear they're getting lazy.Special Features:
- great meal in former jailNomossundermyfeetDined on 9/11/2014have been here several times. This time they were able to accommodate our group of four on short notice, which I really appreciated. it was really last minute and there was a huge convention in town. anyway, the food is always fantastic here. pasta is made on site; pizzas are incredible. one of us had steak and loved it; another had salmon and devoured it; i had an off-the-menu mushroom risotto and would have licked the plate were that acceptable. Our server was patient and very helpful. The only drawback is it gets SO NOISY! So, I would not recommend it for anyone with hearing issues because we literally were shouting our conversation by the end of dinner. Be sure to check out the Alibi Lounge and the more casual place, Clink.Special Features:
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014Some of the best Italian food I have ever had. The pasta is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing evening at ScampoMeaganVIPDined on 9/5/2014This was our 2nd visit to Scampo in the past year and it was incredibly flat. Our service for the evening was very average - he was friendly, but very busy. This meant we often had empty cocktails and water. The calamari app was not special at all, the carpaccio and mozzarella appetizer was mediocre. The swordfish entree was actually terrible. On top of all or this the meal was very expensive. Scampo and the Liberty Hotel seem to have lost its edge. We will not be back anytime soon.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/5/2014Wonderful. Love every bite! Great menu. Even better, each bite is delicious and unique. We love Scampo!Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceAnneMicheleVIPDined on 9/3/2014I took a colleague to Scampo for a business dinner. We opted to sit outside on the patio. Great place to dine. We had one of the signature breads, the fish special (which was amazing and chocolate chip cookies. This is definitely a spot where the cool kids hang out. Great food, attentive service, great ambience. A winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast Moving PerfectionLocalCitizenDined on 8/31/2014Interesting venue in the old jail, inspiring menu with thorough descriptions by competent waiters and reasonably priced nice wine list. Sitting at the "kitchen bar" is a great experience.Special Features: