508 9th Ave.
New York, NY 10018Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://alberthalltavern.com/
- Phone: 6464904803
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday: 11:00am - 12:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00am Lunch & Weekend Brunch served from 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner Served daily from 5:00pm - 12:00am Saturday Brunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Dinner: 5:00pm - 12:00am Sunday Brunch:11:00am - 4:00pm, Dinner: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Matthew O'Loughlin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Scallywag's
Scallywag's is a restaurant that offers great American microbrews, a wide range of Bourbon and excellent gastropub fare. Scallywag's prides itself on obtaining the freshest of ingredients and providing a laid back yet informative dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Scallywag's reviews from OpenTable diners
- We ate in backroom away fromOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/28/2012We ate in backroom away from the noisy bar and it was quiet. We sat on benches that felt like they were going to collapse.. The three of us had burgers which were okay. We were surprised when we got the bill, not only had they added an automatic 20% tip, they charged us $2.00/drink for the ice in our scotches !!! We won't be going back.
- Scallawag's is a fine IrishbanditDined on 11/25/2012Scallawag's is a fine Irish bar which serves a very good Irish breakfast. Nothing super special about the place, but it is a comfortable place to go and have brunch, watch some soccer, and generally hang out. We'll go back.Special Features:
- Not crazed bout the changeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/13/2012New Owners....revamped beer list. Too bad they eliminated Delirium from the list again. That was my main attraction to this spot.Special Features:
- I checked in and quiclklyPaddymacVIPDined on 9/13/2012I checked in and quiclkly left as the restaurant was a lot different than what i envisioned based on the description page. it was much more of a college pub atmosphere which did not fit my needs. I don't view this as a negative, just a bad fit which is bound to happen in the world of virtual rezies. Thank you, Patrick
- Ok atmosphere, but serviceWeidemannbDined on 8/18/2012Ok atmosphere, but service got slower as the night went on - took a year to get the check - and ye AC was on 50, so we frozeSpecial Features:
- Good food & good for AYCD brunchMCL8Dined on 7/1/2012Pretty empty for Sunday brunch. They give you a free Bellini, mimosa or bloody Mary with your meal, which is great. $15 additional for unlimited isn't cheap, but they'll let you keep the pitcher at your table if you'd like. The food was good, too. My burger was delicious and they easily accommodated my 12-person group, though it might be a different story if it's a particularly crowded weekend. I recommend this spot for aggressive AYCD brunch.Special Features:
- Albert Hall is a really cuteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/29/2012Albert Hall is a really cute little tavern that definitely feels like a local hang-out. The decor was neat and eclectically British, the walls were papers with book pages which was cool. The mac and cheese was good and the sweet potato fries were awesome (but the veggie burger was average)! Our waitress was super personable and helpful.Special Features:
- went for brunch - and clearlynewyorkerVIPDined on 3/3/2012went for brunch - and clearly this is not the place's focus (or strong point). by 12:30 they had run out of bread except brioche. brunch was decent - but nothing special. cocktails and beer list look much more promising - will give a second chance for dinner.
- We love Albert Hall Tavern.DeeliteDined on 2/25/2012We love Albert Hall Tavern. Had brunch with two girlfriends and we all got the eggs benedict because it is delicious at Albert Hall. The staff is very friendly and the food is delicous here. I been to Albert Hall a few times and it hasn't disappointed.Special Features:
- Food had little to know flavor,OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/20/2012Food had little to know flavor, and was overcooked. For the prices that were charged I thought we should have received better.
- We ate there on a Friday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/30/2011We ate there on a Friday night with a group of 6 and had no problem getting a table. The food and the ambiance was incredible. From the wine, to salads to entrees...there was nothing that missed the mark. In fact, it all exceeded our expectations for this price point in Manhattan. This is definitely on our top list of favorite restaurants in New York and we will be frequenting there often!Special Features:
- I took my kids here afterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2011I took my kids here after a show. The food was described as "comfort" and that's exactly what we found. Well prepared entrees with a side of mashed potatoes like Mom's. Perfect for a late night meal. Very kid friendly with good, quick service.Special Features:
- there was one other tableOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/4/2011there was one other table and it took over an hour to get our food...and we ordered pancakes! When food arrived, they got 2 orders wrong and the the dishes were cold. Do not go!
- I loved their cocktails andRachaelVIPDined on 12/1/2011I loved their cocktails and my friends enjoyed their beer. We ordered a bunch of appetizers (the beef tendon, the steak tartare, the spinach dip, and the mussels). I would recommend all of the dishes except for the mussels, which were a little on the small side. The service was good, but was a little slow at times and didn't comunicate with each other too well. Also, beware of open flammed candles near the wall. While we were there, one of the candle sticks fell over and hit the wall... fire hazard...Special Features:
- Food was good but the serviceTerryTDined on 11/10/2011Food was good but the service was terrible. Over an hour to get our food.
- The Bees Knees are certainlyHeatherVIPDined on 10/28/2011The Bees Knees are certainly just that! A must try for each diner.Special Features:
- Bland and overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2011Came by on the last day of the LivingSocial deal. I brought two friends from out of town and I was embarrassed! - The Malbec was undrinkable. - The bread rolls were hard as stone and tasted like air. - The Skillet Burger ($15 a la carte) was bland and the bun was dry. - The fries were just ok, but I prefer McD fries over these (I never go to McD so that actually says a lot). - The Bone Marrow was decent. Woohoo! Even with the 50% off deal, the food was way overpriced. $90 for a cheap bottle of wine, two bland burgers and two so-so appetizers? I wouldn't even have paid $45 for it. I guess I just did.
- average pub with great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/15/2011the staff are super friendly and attentive. however, it's a pub with standard pub food. the floor and chairs and tables are all wood, so none of the sounds are muffled. the overall din and chatter is so loud that you have to shout to hear anything the person next to you is saying.Special Features:
- We stopped in for a late dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/6/2011We stopped in for a late dinner and had a wonderful experience! This area really lacks good restaurants, but this one is a stand-out.Special Features:
- In relation to Broadway theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/24/2011In relation to Broadway the area was perfect. Was not even a 10 minute walk from the theater. The restaurant had mainly happy hour guests at the bar, one couple seated outside. When we were seated there was no one else seated in the dining area. Despite this it took at least 10 minutes before anyone even poured us water or checked on us. After water, it still took another 10 minutes just to be asked about additional drinks or offered bread. Once we finally were attended to, the food did come out quickly. Our waiter was extremely friendly and attentive to when we were done with each course. Food was good, but for New York it was just okay. Over-priced for the lack of ambiance and food-quality. We won't crave to return here.
- A true hidden gemLReyn19Dined on 8/19/2011The food was surprising - I thought it would be traditional to upscale bar food, but there were outright moments of awe. Most loved of the night - bone marrow appetizer, rib eye steak & duck fat/truffle fries. Do not miss this place!!Special Features:
- food was not notable, whichOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2011food was not notable, which is a pity since the service was excellent
- Very disappointing. None ofOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/6/2011Very disappointing. None of our dishes among the two appetizers and two entrees stood out. We used a discount but even so, I wouldn't recommend this restaurant.
- A disaster! We came in basedfoodguyVIPDined on 8/6/2011A disaster! We came in based on really good reviews on a saturday at 5pm. It was not busy, server took 20 minutes to get to the table and he did not identify himself, we thought he was a busser. He came with no pad to take our order and had to borow a pen from my wife. Bread stale and hard, food came out stone cold, when we sent it back they flashed it in the salamander that made the scallops like ruber and the batter on the fish and chips go soggy. zero manager presence, no apoligy he took nothing off the check and we went down the street for burgers.Special Features:
- My boyfriend and I had dinnerFoodieVIPDined on 8/5/2011My boyfriend and I had dinner here after work. The food was very good--he had a burger and fries, and I had the pate. This was my second time here, and I would definitely return!Special Features:
- Surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/2/2011Suprisingly tasty food, the decor belies the creativity of some of the dishes. My cheeseburger was cooked to perfection and extraordinarily delicious. My friends salad was fresh and satisfying. Our waiter was gracious and attentive. I would come back here to try dinner, the seafood selection looks tempting.Special Features:
- Enjoyed macaroni & cheese,joyboyVIPDined on 7/31/2011Enjoyed macaroni & cheese, fish & chips and the fish of the day - grilled tuna. The sides with the tuna were lovely, too. Good value, portions and taste...and convenient to many theaters.Special Features:
- Tried this place because ofTristesseDined on 7/30/2011Tried this place because of a LivingSocial deal. It seemed all right, I enjoyed my food. But the music is a little loud and the waiters are a little inattentive. I'd go there again, though. It was not bad, just not great.
- We arrived around 5:30 inOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2011We arrived around 5:30 in order to eat and catch a train home at 7:45. They had not turned on the AC,and the outside temp was around 92 ! I had Scallops w/garlic and arugala,w/mashed potatoes, aand my spouse had Fish and chips. Both entrees were very good,and if we had been dining at a later time, we would have enjoyed it more. This was no fault of the resturant.
- Mussels here are excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/29/2011Mussels here are excellent. We were only disappointed by the chicken; it was too dry. Ambience is cool; nice British pub feel.Special Features:
- Service was great. Rib eyeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2011Service was great. Rib eye was cooked perfectly. Really good food just on the off beaten track on 9th.Special Features:
- SolidOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/17/2011We had a nice time at Albert Hall...everything is solid, from food to look to service (actually, service was pretty charming and efficient). It's an eccentric place, with no discernible 'type' of crowd and odd music choices for a high-end gastropub (from Latin pop, supposedly for a crowd of cancelled-prom attendees, to classic pop).Special Features:
- Went on a Living Social copuon,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2011Went on a Living Social copuon, but will definitely return!Special Features:
- been here a couple of timesthebestinLAVIPDined on 5/30/2011been here a couple of times before and love it. love it even more because it's one street over from where i live. i know this was a holiday (memorial day) so it was really quiet. in fact, we were the only ones there! service was "okay". the server was bored and looked it. seemed like he was waiting for us to leave. one in my party knocked over a wine glass and broke and he didn't want to replace it. rude! eventually he did. food is great. beautiful place. i hope it stays as it's been a hard location over the years. just correct the service!Special Features:
- The food was excellent, howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/26/2011The food was excellent, however we had a very long wait before being served. Maybe we should have ordered some starter, but nobody said it would take forever. The music was awful and obtrusive...the server was pleasant but completely ineffectual. The kitchen seemed incapable of handling any more than one order at a time. I would not go back even though I had one of the best hamburgers in a long time and my husband had excellent mussels and frites.
- Second visit - - the branzinojoyboyVIPDined on 5/25/2011Second visit - - the branzino was again a winner, but the moules frite' mussels weren't hot and weren't flavorful, although the fries were very good. The haricot verts were tasty, but a bit too buttery & salty. Will come back, but will stick to the branzino.Special Features:
- Just meh all around. BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/15/2011Just meh all around. Brunch was too expensive and not as advertised on the website.
- The service was slow. WhileCP0531Dined on 5/14/2011The service was slow. While we got our food in a timely manner (thanks to the food runners) and our water glasses kept getting filled (again, thanks to the support wait staff), our waiter never came back to the table after taking our order, and our wine glasses sat empty for quite sometime without being asked if we wanted something else to drink. The ambiance was ok and the food was pretty good, but the inadequate service ruined the experience.
- Tasty bar food for reasonableFoodieVIPDined on 5/14/2011Tasty bar food for reasonable prices, but the service wasn't very good. We mentioned several times that we had theater tickets, but they were very slow to bring out our meal.
- Interesting menu with so-soOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/13/2011Interesting menu with so-so execution. I'd been here once before and liked it enough to come back. The second time, the service was downright terrible. Long waits between courses, and clueless response from wait staff when we politely asked what was going on. I guess depending on the server, I might give it a qualified recommendation.Special Features: