165 Duane Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.scalinifedeli.com/
- Phone: 2125280400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 12:00pm-2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:30pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:30pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Cetrulo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: 10 to 18 people in our wine cellar.
A word from Scalini Fedeli
Scalini Fedeli ranked among New York's finest restaurants since its opening in early 2004, taking Italian cuisine to new heights. Rewarded with the highest overall ratings in the Zagat Survey, Scalini Fedeli has been granted one star by the Michelin guide in it's inaugural 2006 issue. The inviting decor features vaulted ceilings and European antiques and provides the perfect setting for chef Michael Cetrulo's delightful cuisine which offers the finest ingredients coupled with a confidence and grace that ensures your meal will be a memorable one. Menu highlights include soft egg yolk raviolo with ricotta and truffle butter and New York's finest venison chop in a port wine and balsamic vinegar sauce with toasted hazelnuts, sautéed spinach and roasted Mission figs. The 350-bottle wine list encompasses all regions of Italy but also does justice to the best American wineries.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Scalini Fedeli - Best Restaurants in TriBeCa - Downtown ›
Scalini Fedeli reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (86)romantic (77)fit for foodies (66)notable wine list (49)neighborhood gem (38)good for groups (13)hot spot (5)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- supertuscanVIPDined on 8/15/2014Always love coming here for all special occasions, great food and service, was a wonderful evening !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/15/2014The food is excellently and elegantly prepared. Service was impeccable. Prix fixe is reasonably priced considering the superb quality. One of the best Italian meals we have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It doesn't worthNYboyVIPDined on 8/13/2014It doesen't worth the Michelin recommendation. Spaghetti, they were to spicy and not to talk about Risotto a melting of confused flavors. Definitely it doesen't worth $270 for two without wine. I was prepared for the price not for the very poor qualitySpecial Features:
- Start to finish...DeliciousLBNYfoodloverDined on 8/9/2014This is one of the few restaurants that I've dined at, where everything from appetizer to dessert where phenomenal. The portions are just right so you can actually eat the desserts which were quite unique and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When you know it's hard to beat...CharmeTravellerDined on 8/9/2014Stepping in the door, you know it will be a pleasant evening in a wonderful location... taking the first bite, you know that this will be a special experience. The dishes served are of hard to meet delight - cooked to perfection - and your host helps to figure out what would fit your taste. We were blown away by the quality of the dishes and the magnitude of tastes. If you enjoy freshly prepared food "real Italian style" and want to do treat yourself with just the best you can get, THIS is the place to sit down. We are looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014Great quality food perfectly prepared. pasta carbonara was excellent, so was the pork chop and the veal chop. deserts are outstanding too. Great classy place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionWhere2eatVIPDined on 8/8/2014Every bite was worthwhile. I can't believe we haven't eaten here before. We will definitely be back. The room is drop dead gorgeous. The wait staff attentive and helpful. The food is the main act here and a class act, as well. Could not come close to finishing my meal, but will savor it for days to come. Linguini carbonara, veal chop, pappardelle with veal ragu, the Amuse Bouche of mushroom ravioli with a truffle foam was so good we asked for more bread to lap up that foam. The chef/owner Michael was lovely and visited our table to assess our satisfaction. Class!Special Features:
- Great nighttsw9Dined on 8/6/2014Outstanding service and ambience. Menu and meal was outstanding I only wish there was an ala carte choice. Not all excellent meals must end with a desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisiteFrankyDined on 8/4/2014We have eaten there on 2 previous ocassions and those 2 experiences were fabulous so we decided to return to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary. Again it was a gastronomical success. Food, service, ambiance were all excellent. We will return to the restaurant and TriBeCa again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT GREAT GREATLewisVIPDined on 8/2/2014GREAT food, service and atmosphere. If you haven't been here....you are missing an amazing restaurant. Feels like you r truly in Italy at one of their best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love2eatVIPDined on 8/2/2014Outstanding in every respect. Elegant Italian. Including artic char, king salmon, homemade pasta with fresh seasonal sauces, veal and pork chops that melt in your mouth. Huge and varied menu, so everyone will be delighted. Service impeccable. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dining101VIPDined on 7/26/2014One of the best Italian meals I've had in NY. Dinner is prix fixe only - so this is probably for a special occasion and its best to arrive hungry. The service was excellent - they're attentive but you're not rushed at all. The ravioli they bring out to start is amazing, and everything that follows lives up to that. Definitely recommend any of the fresh pasta appetizers and the duck.Special Features:
- Wonderful Food and Experience!basketball15Dined on 7/26/2014Truly exceptional food, service and overall experience. One of the best Italian restaurants I have had the pleasure of dining. The staff was very attentive and professional. My salmon was cooked perfectly and the flavors were wonderful. I felt like I was in Italy! The chef at Scalini Fedeli is truly gifted.Special Features:
- Fine Dining FindMartineDined on 7/24/2014This is hands down the best restaurant I've been to in NYC. The food is superb as is the service. It's prix fixe -- 3 courses, yet they bring you goodies along the away. It's relaxed yet formal. I would rather eat out less and save up to go here than eat at other restaurants. The last time I was there, I had the linquini carabnara with truffle foam and braised short ribs. For dessert, I had ricotta doughnuts with dipping sauces. I bring my most food sophisticated friends to this restaurant. This is more than a gem, it's a rare gem. Open for dinner only.Special Features:
- always a treat.palmaskiVIPDined on 7/19/2014Food is always amazing. This is my second time dining here and I can't wait to return again. Best price fixed menu choices in New YorkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience.Wfw3Dined on 7/11/2014Beautiful room, great service, excellent food. Extensive and interesting prix fixe menu. I have never been disappointed here.Special Features:
- Great dinner in NYCJasonDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I went here for dinner while in NYC. The food was incredible and the wait staff was even better. I felt like there wasn't a moment I had to look up for staff, they were just there doing exactly what I was thinking. Overall a great experience, would definitely go back.Special Features:
- First time...but won't be last!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/11/2014Scalini Fedeli was amazing from the minute you walked in the door. The service is excellent, attentive and extremely knowledgeable. The 3-course prix fixed menu was outstanding. We could have made a 10-course dinner out of it! The selections for each course were numerous, varied, perfect portion size, and absolutely delicious! Risotto, Tuscan surf-and-turf, braised short ribs...all were awesome! The sorbet intermezzo course (a complete surprise) was perfect in between first and second courses. I told the owner "he lost out, because I would have paid double!". Yes, it was THAT good!I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigchieveyDined on 7/11/2014Really enjoyed our dinner. We had a large party; everyone loved their choices. While not cheap, I thought their prix fixe menu offered very decent value.Special Features:
- Simply the BestflyingpumpkinVIPDined on 7/10/2014This is simply the best Italian restaurant in the city. Perhaps the best overall. The atmosphere is quiet and romantic in what seems to be a gorgeous church abbey with gracious vaulted ceilings giving it an old world field but modernized to taste in what used to be the space for the previous Bouley restaurant. The staff if friendly and attentive highly knowledgeable about the menu and the wine list. They could easily double their prices but are reasonably priced considering what is Michelin level food preparation and service. If you want to impress or have a special evening in the most romantic spot in the city this is the place to be and a place you will remember.Special Features:
- mitch2milaDined on 7/10/2014Went for a birthday dinner. Great food and service . Dined there many times and never disappointed. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodEatoutonlyVIPDined on 7/7/2014The food was outstanding. Maybe one of the best Italian meals I've ever had outside of Italy. The risotto was unbelievable and the short rib melted in my mouth. While ambiance wasn't anything special, the food definitely made up for it!Special Features:
- Fabulous!CaligirlDined on 7/5/2014We are here in NYC for a romantic get-a-way before I start a week of meetings here in the city. My husband and I both appreciated the lovely ambiance, the quality of the food, and the wait staff. A special call-out must be made to the the sommalier, who turned us on to a fabulous amarone. We had such a great time!Special Features:
- NYC visitorGuv59Dined on 7/3/2014Return visit for anniversary dinner. Did not disappoint . Service recommended glass of champagne then wine. Perfect selections. Food is delicious. Chef teases you with little extras which just make you want more. Dessert was a great finish to a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasion diningJakeDined on 6/28/2014Outstanding service. Fantastic food! . Perfect for a special occasion. Expensive, but worth it.Special Features:
- Always on pointElla131Dined on 6/28/2014From start to finish, always a very positive and delicious experience! Safe to say, it's our favorite restaurant in all of NYC.Special Features:
- Well done Italian foodLewisVIPDined on 6/27/2014Italian food that was done extremely well. The portions were just right and didn't leave overstuff or with the feeling you were cheated. Nice dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECT DINING EXPERIENCEWinedoctorVIPDined on 6/21/2014We added on an evening at this restaurant at the last minute during our recent trip to the city, and we are so glad that we did. We ate at some of the most famous and popular high end Manhattan restaurants during our trip and this was my favorite. The restaurant is beautiful and romantic. It is located across the street from Bouley in Bouley's original location. The pasta was fantastic. The entrees were also outrageous. My wife had a pork Milanese type of entrée with a salad that I am still day dreaming about. The service was excellent, and we were given a delicious complimentary moscato after dinner by the manager. I highly recommend this restaurant, and we will absolutely return during our next visit to New York.Special Features:
- NoodlemanDined on 6/21/2014Amazing experience. The food was great and the staff made us feel very welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First rate FoodDurg18Dined on 6/21/2014With a flexible multiple choice pre fix menu, the selection options were excellent. Our dinners were first rate. Sauces used on first and second courses were unique...clearly the Chef takes pride in creative preparation and quality. Service was perfectly times for each course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- iron8chefIron8chefVIPDined on 6/21/2014Food is exceptional. Service is outstanding. One of our most favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Never let's us downBiz14Dined on 6/21/2014I have been back several times and his place is consistently amazing! I am fortunate enough to frequent many restaurants while working in Sales and Scalini Fedeli is my absolute favorite. Butternut Ravioli and the ( spoiler alert) palate refreshers the chef provides in between courses makes you want to hug the table. Multiple wait staff attend to your every need and the plates come out surprising quick but at the end , your are given the courtesy to take your time. Loved every bite of Braised Sbort Rib on menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic DiningtonitravelVIPDined on 6/21/2014Another great dining experience! We have been to this restaurant a few times and it never misses. The service is great as is the food. Compared to other restaurants of this caliber, Scalini Fedeli is a bargain. We had risotto and spaghetti with pancetta for appetizers and I had a double thick pork chop and my husband had a veal chop. Everything was perfect and we also had leftovers as the portions were large. We ended with doughnuts and a chocolate napoleon. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable FoodPatCDined on 6/19/2014Spectacular dining experience. Food was phenomenalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Dining here was a fantastic experience. We caused a problem when we walked in, as we had enlarged our party by 2 more than our reservation specified (family members joined us at the last minute), but the maitre'd was gracious and accommodating -- we only had to wait 10 minutes, and a table for 6 was ready for us (on a Saturday night in NYC, that's close to a miracle). Food, service, wines -- all were excellent.Special Features:
- Not your ordinary ItalianTomLikesGoodFoodDined on 6/12/2014A three course dinner for the fixed price of $70. It was well worth it. No spaghetti and meatballs here. Upscale choices that you don't see on other menus, but not over-thought, just good food. We had 10 people in our group at a big round table. Everyone liked their food, even my gluten free sister-in-law. The affable chef-owner came out to greet us all as we left, and we all agreed to come back.Special Features:
- Scalini FedeliprettygoodforatightendVIPDined on 6/12/2014Wonderful meal and wonderful service. I really like it when I choose a glass of wine with dinner and the waiter replies "Bravissimo!" Even though the portions are appropriate for fine dining, I was absolutely full when I was done. The penne with Italian sausage is a great starter. I had the Tuscan surf and turf which was also very nice.Special Features:
- Fantastic Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/10/2014Went here with my boyfriend to celebrate our anniversary and it was everything we could have asked for. Food was outstanding. Standouts were the short ribs and the butternut squash pasta appetizer. Also LOVED the amuse- some kind of mushroom truffle ravioli thing. Beautiful room. Highly recommend for a special occasion!Special Features:
- Excellent Dining Experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 6/7/2014I have been an Open Table member since 2002 and have eaten at Scalini Fedeli numerous times with my guests. The food has always been outstanding and the service excellent. Enough said!Special Features:
- By far my favorite restaurantElla131Dined on 6/6/2014We were about 30 minutes late because of traffic...I called to assure them we were coming. They were so accommodating...as usual the vibrant smell of gloriously different flavors caught our nose at we walked in. Waiters are very attentive..We ordered a bottle of 1997 red wine...it was beyond any bottle we have ever ordered....and oh the food! The food is simply perfect from the first to the last bite. I have stamped it as my all time favorite restaurant!Special Features: