165 Duane Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.scalinifedeli.com/
- Phone: 2125280400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 12:00pm-2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:30pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:30pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Cetrulo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: 10 to 18 people in our wine cellar.
A word from Scalini Fedeli
Scalini Fedeli ranked among New York's finest restaurants since its opening in early 2004, taking Italian cuisine to new heights. Rewarded with the highest overall ratings in the Zagat Survey, Scalini Fedeli has been granted one star by the Michelin guide in it's inaugural 2006 issue. The inviting decor features vaulted ceilings and European antiques and provides the perfect setting for chef Michael Cetrulo's delightful cuisine which offers the finest ingredients coupled with a confidence and grace that ensures your meal will be a memorable one. Menu highlights include soft egg yolk raviolo with ricotta and truffle butter and New York's finest venison chop in a port wine and balsamic vinegar sauce with toasted hazelnuts, sautéed spinach and roasted Mission figs. The 350-bottle wine list encompasses all regions of Italy but also does justice to the best American wineries.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Scalini Fedeli - Best Restaurants in TriBeCa - Downtown ›
Scalini Fedeli reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (75)fit for foodies (67)romantic (63)notable wine list (41)neighborhood gem (28)good for groups (17)scenic view (5)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Special Night, Special PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014It was my wedding anniversary and I wanted to find a special place in the city to celeberate. I had been to Scalini Fedeli about 4 years ago and remebered how good both the the service and food was. After reading the reviews it appeared that the resturant had not lost it's luster and I am pleased to say that I agree. From the moment that we entered the resturant we were warmly received and promptly seated aftter a short wait in the bar area. The waitor made sure that we were always proptly taken care of and our glasses were never empty. This is a price fixe resturant and worth every penny. The portions are generous but not overwhelming and the decor is old world but not old. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simply deliciousjhthamDined on 10/13/2014Celebrated wedding anniversary there. Ambiance cannot be better, food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Never disappointsNeverdisappointsDined on 10/10/2014Scalini is my husband and my go to restaurant for celebrating special occasions - birthdays, anniversaries , new jobs - and it never disappoints. The food was, as always, delicious and creative with seasonal choices and ingredients. The service was impeccable, friendly and welcoming, from the bartender to the wait staff and the maitre-de. The room is lovely and we were there early enough to see them light the candlesticks as day turned to night. I had a lovely view of the new World Trade Center which glowed as well as nighttime fell. A perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- supertuscanVIPDined on 10/8/2014Celebrated a special occasion here once again and it could have not been better , had the tasting menu which we loved !!! Staff was friendly as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Truly Perfect Dining ExperiencefoodloverDined on 10/8/2014I've eaten at Scalini Fedeli during my visits to NYC several times over the last 10 years. I have never been disappointed, either at lunch or dinner. The food is simply the best Italian food I can find outside of Italy. The physical aspects of the restaurant (coved ceilings) make it feel like I've stumbled into an ancient monastery which just happens to serve 5 star cuisine. The best part of the restaurant for me is that the service is warm an informal in the best possible sense of that word -absolutely no pretension, but absolute professionalism. I simply must get to NYC more often!!Special Features:
- A Must on our Dining List in NYCNYCfoodyDined on 10/6/2014We love NYC, try to visit once a year, and will pretty much include a dinner here on every trip. Incredible food, great service - a wonderful neighbourhood break in an otherwise busy city. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyFoodTravelerVIPDined on 10/6/2014Have been to many high end italian restaurants with better food and service at a lower price. Food was god but the value equation was out of lineSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Experiencetthomp2Dined on 10/3/2014Entire experience was outstanding. Service is impeccable yet not overly so. Chef works wonders with flavors, he is big on dishes which have an orange bite to them, never had this before. But everything is prepared with pride, also was not hard to get a reservation like many better restaurants comparable to this one in the city.Special Features:
- AmazingJustAGuyDined on 9/30/2014This place is absolutely outstanding. Expensive; but worth every single penny. Again, absolutely outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodRBergDined on 9/29/2014The resturant was not terribly busy on Monday evening so the dining room had empty tables to our surprise. The food was amazing, the service was spot on, and the menu was very creative. A definite place I will revisit on my next trip to the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, wonderful mealjaffey0422VIPDined on 9/26/2014Came her for a romantic birthday dinner. everything was wonderful. Food, ambience... Perfect. My only complaint is that the service was too good. Every five seconds they came over to check up on us. And just an FYI, if you get the pre fixe, they give you three additional courses. Such a good deal for $70Special Features:
- DisappointedOutAndAboutNYCVIPDined on 9/26/2014I've wanted to go here for quite some time. I finally decided to make a reservation for a special occasion. I was actually surprised to be disappointed with the entire experience. Overall, very underwhelming. It was a fine restaurant, but not for over $400 for two people.
- BILLDined on 9/20/2014AMBIANCE WAS VERY NICE, FOOD WAS EXCELLENT, SERVICE WAS GOOD. ONLY SAW OUR WAITER PIATRO 3 TIMES WHEN WE GOT THERE. VERY CHARMING AND PROFFESIONAL. THE OTHER WITERS TOOK CARE OF US. WHEN THE HEAD WAITER CAME HE LEFT SO FAST I COULDN"T ASK A QUESTION. SOMEONE PAID $100 TOWARDS OUR DINNER AND THE WAITER HE HAD SAID HE DIDN"T KNOW WHO IT WAS AND WE HAD NO ONE TO ASK. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO BE ABLE TO THANK THEM BUT OOU WITER WAS OFF BEING HIS CHARMING SELF THANKS PIATROSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014My wife and I ate there for her 40th birthday. The food and service was exceptional. I would highly recommend this restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect date nightfernshawVIPDined on 9/19/2014my wife and i enjoyed italian food and have visited many of the city's finest. our experience at SF was eye opening, probably the finest Italian restaurant we have enjoyed in a city full of great Italian. we would go back in a heart beat.Special Features:
- DinosDined on 9/17/2014Excellent food, good ambiance, very good service, excellent wine selection. All in aa a memorable dinner. I would recommend without second thoughtSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic italian foodBritdinerDined on 9/13/2014We went here for my fiance's 30th birthday, and it was fantastic. The set menu at $70 is fantastic value for money, and the food and seevice was excellent. Couldn't recommend it highly enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/5/2014For that special night out, this is the place! Lovely and delicious and attentive service.Special Features:
- Amazing foodCamilleVIPDined on 8/19/2014We are foodies who have tried many top restaurants including new ones in the city. Been there many time long time ago, and this is the first time for the last 6 years. First time ordered their tasting menu. Absolutely delicious! the pasta dishes are outstanding! fish are delicate and tasty. only the beef short ribs are a bit too sweet! Will come here again for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- supertuscanVIPDined on 8/15/2014Always love coming here for all special occasions, great food and service, was a wonderful evening !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/15/2014The food is excellently and elegantly prepared. Service was impeccable. Prix fixe is reasonably priced considering the superb quality. One of the best Italian meals we have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It doesn't worthNYboyVIPDined on 8/13/2014It doesen't worth the Michelin recommendation. Spaghetti, they were to spicy and not to talk about Risotto a melting of confused flavors. Definitely it doesen't worth $270 for two without wine. I was prepared for the price not for the very poor qualitySpecial Features:
- Start to finish...DeliciousLBNYfoodloverDined on 8/9/2014This is one of the few restaurants that I've dined at, where everything from appetizer to dessert where phenomenal. The portions are just right so you can actually eat the desserts which were quite unique and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When you know it's hard to beat...CharmeTravellerDined on 8/9/2014Stepping in the door, you know it will be a pleasant evening in a wonderful location... taking the first bite, you know that this will be a special experience. The dishes served are of hard to meet delight - cooked to perfection - and your host helps to figure out what would fit your taste. We were blown away by the quality of the dishes and the magnitude of tastes. If you enjoy freshly prepared food "real Italian style" and want to do treat yourself with just the best you can get, THIS is the place to sit down. We are looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014Great quality food perfectly prepared. pasta carbonara was excellent, so was the pork chop and the veal chop. deserts are outstanding too. Great classy place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionWhere2eatVIPDined on 8/8/2014Every bite was worthwhile. I can't believe we haven't eaten here before. We will definitely be back. The room is drop dead gorgeous. The wait staff attentive and helpful. The food is the main act here and a class act, as well. Could not come close to finishing my meal, but will savor it for days to come. Linguini carbonara, veal chop, pappardelle with veal ragu, the Amuse Bouche of mushroom ravioli with a truffle foam was so good we asked for more bread to lap up that foam. The chef/owner Michael was lovely and visited our table to assess our satisfaction. Class!Special Features:
- Great nighttsw9Dined on 8/6/2014Outstanding service and ambience. Menu and meal was outstanding I only wish there was an ala carte choice. Not all excellent meals must end with a desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisiteFrankyDined on 8/4/2014We have eaten there on 2 previous ocassions and those 2 experiences were fabulous so we decided to return to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary. Again it was a gastronomical success. Food, service, ambiance were all excellent. We will return to the restaurant and TriBeCa again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT GREAT GREATLewisVIPDined on 8/2/2014GREAT food, service and atmosphere. If you haven't been here....you are missing an amazing restaurant. Feels like you r truly in Italy at one of their best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love2eatVIPDined on 8/2/2014Outstanding in every respect. Elegant Italian. Including artic char, king salmon, homemade pasta with fresh seasonal sauces, veal and pork chops that melt in your mouth. Huge and varied menu, so everyone will be delighted. Service impeccable. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dining101VIPDined on 7/26/2014One of the best Italian meals I've had in NY. Dinner is prix fixe only - so this is probably for a special occasion and its best to arrive hungry. The service was excellent - they're attentive but you're not rushed at all. The ravioli they bring out to start is amazing, and everything that follows lives up to that. Definitely recommend any of the fresh pasta appetizers and the duck.Special Features:
- Wonderful Food and Experience!basketball15Dined on 7/26/2014Truly exceptional food, service and overall experience. One of the best Italian restaurants I have had the pleasure of dining. The staff was very attentive and professional. My salmon was cooked perfectly and the flavors were wonderful. I felt like I was in Italy! The chef at Scalini Fedeli is truly gifted.Special Features:
- Fine Dining FindMartineDined on 7/24/2014This is hands down the best restaurant I've been to in NYC. The food is superb as is the service. It's prix fixe -- 3 courses, yet they bring you goodies along the away. It's relaxed yet formal. I would rather eat out less and save up to go here than eat at other restaurants. The last time I was there, I had the linquini carabnara with truffle foam and braised short ribs. For dessert, I had ricotta doughnuts with dipping sauces. I bring my most food sophisticated friends to this restaurant. This is more than a gem, it's a rare gem. Open for dinner only.Special Features:
- always a treat.palmaskiVIPDined on 7/19/2014Food is always amazing. This is my second time dining here and I can't wait to return again. Best price fixed menu choices in New YorkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience.Wfw3Dined on 7/11/2014Beautiful room, great service, excellent food. Extensive and interesting prix fixe menu. I have never been disappointed here.Special Features:
- Great dinner in NYCJasonDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I went here for dinner while in NYC. The food was incredible and the wait staff was even better. I felt like there wasn't a moment I had to look up for staff, they were just there doing exactly what I was thinking. Overall a great experience, would definitely go back.Special Features:
- First time...but won't be last!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/11/2014Scalini Fedeli was amazing from the minute you walked in the door. The service is excellent, attentive and extremely knowledgeable. The 3-course prix fixed menu was outstanding. We could have made a 10-course dinner out of it! The selections for each course were numerous, varied, perfect portion size, and absolutely delicious! Risotto, Tuscan surf-and-turf, braised short ribs...all were awesome! The sorbet intermezzo course (a complete surprise) was perfect in between first and second courses. I told the owner "he lost out, because I would have paid double!". Yes, it was THAT good!I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigchieveyDined on 7/11/2014Really enjoyed our dinner. We had a large party; everyone loved their choices. While not cheap, I thought their prix fixe menu offered very decent value.Special Features:
- Simply the BestflyingpumpkinVIPDined on 7/10/2014This is simply the best Italian restaurant in the city. Perhaps the best overall. The atmosphere is quiet and romantic in what seems to be a gorgeous church abbey with gracious vaulted ceilings giving it an old world field but modernized to taste in what used to be the space for the previous Bouley restaurant. The staff if friendly and attentive highly knowledgeable about the menu and the wine list. They could easily double their prices but are reasonably priced considering what is Michelin level food preparation and service. If you want to impress or have a special evening in the most romantic spot in the city this is the place to be and a place you will remember.Special Features:
- mitch2milaDined on 7/10/2014Went for a birthday dinner. Great food and service . Dined there many times and never disappointed. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.