165 Duane Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.scalinifedeli.com/
- Phone: (212) 528-0400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 12:00pm-2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:30pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:30pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Cetrulo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: 10 to 18 people in our wine cellar.
A word from Scalini Fedeli
Scalini Fedeli ranked among New York's finest restaurants since its opening in early 2004, taking Italian cuisine to new heights. Rewarded with the highest overall ratings in the Zagat Survey, Scalini Fedeli has been granted one star by the Michelin guide in it's inaugural 2006 issue. The inviting decor features vaulted ceilings and European antiques and provides the perfect setting for chef Michael Cetrulo's delightful cuisine which offers the finest ingredients coupled with a confidence and grace that ensures your meal will be a memorable one. Menu highlights include soft egg yolk raviolo with ricotta and truffle butter and New York's finest venison chop in a port wine and balsamic vinegar sauce with toasted hazelnuts, sautéed spinach and roasted Mission figs. The 350-bottle wine list encompasses all regions of Italy but also does justice to the best American wineries.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Scalini Fedeli - Best Restaurants in TriBeCa - Downtown ›
Scalini Fedeli reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (90)fit for foodies (78)romantic (73)notable wine list (54)neighborhood gem (35)good for groups (25)hot spot (6)scenic view (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- EJAYDined on 11/15/2014Great food and great wine! The service was not up to par with the rest of the place! It was messy and a little slow giving off a rushed feeling. Overall I think the dinning experience was great and think everyone should come here at least once!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/13/2014Attentive staff and exquisite, complex dishes made for a memorable evening !! We'll be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was poorSteve360Dined on 11/8/2014The food at Scalini Fedeli was good, the service was not. We arrived 10 minutes early for an 8:30 Saturday evening reservation. The narrow entrance way and small waiting area was packed with people and we had trouble establishing that we had a reservation. Then waited for about 25 minutes to be seated. There were 2 parties of 9 plus several other smaller groups all waiting to be seated. The dining room was crowded. The large parties around us were being served by many different people buzzing around, while we had to ask for bread. The staff was brusque and the head waiter only stopped by once to ask how our meal was going. We never felt warmly welcomed. Actually, we felt like second-class citizens.
- DisappointingDaveVIPDined on 11/6/2014First, if you have a party of 5 or more the restaurant hounds you for a credit card and threatened a $50 per person charge if you are a no show. Very intimidating tone. Then, food was "ok", but no standout dishes. All 7 of us had something different and there were no raves being made. Also, having consumed their last two bottles of a nice cab, the sommelier recommended a terrible Italian wine as a close alternative, but a clear miss. Lastly, they have over packed the space with so many chairs that you literally have to excuse yourself to the next table for bumping into them as you work to extract yourself from your table. I will not rush back.Special Features:
- Scalini FedeliJBH2VIPDined on 11/5/2014By far my favorite NYC restaurant. Always a great experience dining here from the service to the food. Just a great, great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timecbonicaDined on 11/5/2014I took my wife there for our anniversary, the food was fantastic, the service was great, stepping inside felt like stepping back in time. We both loved it and hope to go back soon.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceGetfattyDined on 11/3/2014Great place for a special occasion. Terrific service. Artic char, short ribs and crab meat dishes were a real treat. Chef sent us an extra app and moscato at the end. Highly recommended and priced appropriately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DinnerLoveNYCDined on 10/30/2014We were coming to NYC for the marathon but came a couple of days early. We asked for recommendations for a nice Italian restaurant and Scalini Fedeli was on the Zagat Top 100 Restaurant list for NYC. The price was right, the food was excellent and the service was top-notch! I would recommend for special occasions or a nice romantic dinner.Special Features:
- NewYorkerVIPDined on 10/25/2014Beautiful restaurant with delicious food. Great ambiance, and the noise level isn't excessive. On a busy evening, the service gets somewhat slapdash. I had to request water, and waited until empty glasses were removed from the table. Service is not attentive as it should be when the restaurant is filled to capacity. All in all, it's still a lovely dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayEmmaVIPDined on 10/24/2014Everything was good except for my dish - ribs. It was super tart and lacked any other flavor. Overall good service but the food was above average.Special Features:
- Best Italian food in NYCEllenMVIPDined on 10/24/2014the service seems effortless & every bite of food is delicious. With a large menu to choose from, everyone can find something they want to eat. The short ribs were the best I've ever had & that's really saying something. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialAnynitedinerVIPDined on 10/23/2014We went for my wife's birthday, and they did everything to make the evening special. The room is beautiful and romantic, the service superb. Food is generally excellent, particularly the first plates. Be warned that with all the additional small plates they include, it was a lot of food, but for a celebration it made for a long, relaxed, elegant special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bill MorganBillVIPDined on 10/23/2014Outstanding as always ! The food is incredible, service second to none and great ambiance. Perfect spot for a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Night, Special PlaceSpecialPlaceDined on 10/18/2014It was my wedding anniversary and I wanted to find a special place in the city to celeberate. I had been to Scalini Fedeli about 4 years ago and remebered how good both the the service and food was. After reading the reviews it appeared that the resturant had not lost it's luster and I am pleased to say that I agree. From the moment that we entered the resturant we were warmly received and promptly seated aftter a short wait in the bar area. The waitor made sure that we were always proptly taken care of and our glasses were never empty. This is a price fixe resturant and worth every penny. The portions are generous but not overwhelming and the decor is old world but not old. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simply deliciousjhthamDined on 10/13/2014Celebrated wedding anniversary there. Ambiance cannot be better, food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Never disappointsNeverdisappointsDined on 10/10/2014Scalini is my husband and my go to restaurant for celebrating special occasions - birthdays, anniversaries , new jobs - and it never disappoints. The food was, as always, delicious and creative with seasonal choices and ingredients. The service was impeccable, friendly and welcoming, from the bartender to the wait staff and the maitre-de. The room is lovely and we were there early enough to see them light the candlesticks as day turned to night. I had a lovely view of the new World Trade Center which glowed as well as nighttime fell. A perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- supertuscanVIPDined on 10/8/2014Celebrated a special occasion here once again and it could have not been better , had the tasting menu which we loved !!! Staff was friendly as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Truly Perfect Dining ExperiencefoodloverDined on 10/8/2014I've eaten at Scalini Fedeli during my visits to NYC several times over the last 10 years. I have never been disappointed, either at lunch or dinner. The food is simply the best Italian food I can find outside of Italy. The physical aspects of the restaurant (coved ceilings) make it feel like I've stumbled into an ancient monastery which just happens to serve 5 star cuisine. The best part of the restaurant for me is that the service is warm an informal in the best possible sense of that word -absolutely no pretension, but absolute professionalism. I simply must get to NYC more often!!Special Features:
- A Must on our Dining List in NYCNYCfoodyDined on 10/6/2014We love NYC, try to visit once a year, and will pretty much include a dinner here on every trip. Incredible food, great service - a wonderful neighbourhood break in an otherwise busy city. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyFoodTravelerVIPDined on 10/6/2014Have been to many high end italian restaurants with better food and service at a lower price. Food was god but the value equation was out of lineSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Experiencetthomp2Dined on 10/3/2014Entire experience was outstanding. Service is impeccable yet not overly so. Chef works wonders with flavors, he is big on dishes which have an orange bite to them, never had this before. But everything is prepared with pride, also was not hard to get a reservation like many better restaurants comparable to this one in the city.Special Features:
- AmazingJustAGuyDined on 9/30/2014This place is absolutely outstanding. Expensive; but worth every single penny. Again, absolutely outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodRBergDined on 9/29/2014The resturant was not terribly busy on Monday evening so the dining room had empty tables to our surprise. The food was amazing, the service was spot on, and the menu was very creative. A definite place I will revisit on my next trip to the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, wonderful mealjaffey0422VIPDined on 9/26/2014Came her for a romantic birthday dinner. everything was wonderful. Food, ambience... Perfect. My only complaint is that the service was too good. Every five seconds they came over to check up on us. And just an FYI, if you get the pre fixe, they give you three additional courses. Such a good deal for $70Special Features:
- DisappointedOutAndAboutNYCVIPDined on 9/26/2014I've wanted to go here for quite some time. I finally decided to make a reservation for a special occasion. I was actually surprised to be disappointed with the entire experience. Overall, very underwhelming. It was a fine restaurant, but not for over $400 for two people.
- BILLDined on 9/20/2014AMBIANCE WAS VERY NICE, FOOD WAS EXCELLENT, SERVICE WAS GOOD. ONLY SAW OUR WAITER PIATRO 3 TIMES WHEN WE GOT THERE. VERY CHARMING AND PROFFESIONAL. THE OTHER WITERS TOOK CARE OF US. WHEN THE HEAD WAITER CAME HE LEFT SO FAST I COULDN"T ASK A QUESTION. SOMEONE PAID $100 TOWARDS OUR DINNER AND THE WAITER HE HAD SAID HE DIDN"T KNOW WHO IT WAS AND WE HAD NO ONE TO ASK. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO BE ABLE TO THANK THEM BUT OOU WITER WAS OFF BEING HIS CHARMING SELF THANKS PIATROSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014My wife and I ate there for her 40th birthday. The food and service was exceptional. I would highly recommend this restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect date nightfernshawVIPDined on 9/19/2014my wife and i enjoyed italian food and have visited many of the city's finest. our experience at SF was eye opening, probably the finest Italian restaurant we have enjoyed in a city full of great Italian. we would go back in a heart beat.Special Features:
- DinosDined on 9/17/2014Excellent food, good ambiance, very good service, excellent wine selection. All in aa a memorable dinner. I would recommend without second thoughtSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic italian foodBritdinerDined on 9/13/2014We went here for my fiance's 30th birthday, and it was fantastic. The set menu at $70 is fantastic value for money, and the food and seevice was excellent. Couldn't recommend it highly enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/5/2014For that special night out, this is the place! Lovely and delicious and attentive service.Special Features:
- Amazing foodCamilleVIPDined on 8/19/2014We are foodies who have tried many top restaurants including new ones in the city. Been there many time long time ago, and this is the first time for the last 6 years. First time ordered their tasting menu. Absolutely delicious! the pasta dishes are outstanding! fish are delicate and tasty. only the beef short ribs are a bit too sweet! Will come here again for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- davinciDined on 8/16/2014Excellent food, service, and ambiance. A little pricy, but well worth it. A great restaurant.Special Features:
- supertuscanVIPDined on 8/15/2014Always love coming here for all special occasions, great food and service, was a wonderful evening !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/15/2014The food is excellently and elegantly prepared. Service was impeccable. Prix fixe is reasonably priced considering the superb quality. One of the best Italian meals we have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It doesn't worthNYboyVIPDined on 8/13/2014It doesen't worth the Michelin recommendation. Spaghetti, they were to spicy and not to talk about Risotto a melting of confused flavors. Definitely it doesen't worth $270 for two without wine. I was prepared for the price not for the very poor qualitySpecial Features:
- Start to finish...DeliciousLBNYfoodloverDined on 8/9/2014This is one of the few restaurants that I've dined at, where everything from appetizer to dessert where phenomenal. The portions are just right so you can actually eat the desserts which were quite unique and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When you know it's hard to beat...CharmeTravellerDined on 8/9/2014Stepping in the door, you know it will be a pleasant evening in a wonderful location... taking the first bite, you know that this will be a special experience. The dishes served are of hard to meet delight - cooked to perfection - and your host helps to figure out what would fit your taste. We were blown away by the quality of the dishes and the magnitude of tastes. If you enjoy freshly prepared food "real Italian style" and want to do treat yourself with just the best you can get, THIS is the place to sit down. We are looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014Great quality food perfectly prepared. pasta carbonara was excellent, so was the pork chop and the veal chop. deserts are outstanding too. Great classy place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionWhere2eatVIPDined on 8/8/2014Every bite was worthwhile. I can't believe we haven't eaten here before. We will definitely be back. The room is drop dead gorgeous. The wait staff attentive and helpful. The food is the main act here and a class act, as well. Could not come close to finishing my meal, but will savor it for days to come. Linguini carbonara, veal chop, pappardelle with veal ragu, the Amuse Bouche of mushroom ravioli with a truffle foam was so good we asked for more bread to lap up that foam. The chef/owner Michael was lovely and visited our table to assess our satisfaction. Class!Special Features: