Scalini Fedeli - Chatham
63 Main Street
Chatham, NJ 07928Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
Scalini Fedeli - Chatham
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://scalinifedeli.com/
- Phone: 9737019200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, French
- Executive Chef: Michael Cetrulo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Scalini Fedeli can be rented out for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Mark Marandola 9737019200
- Special Events: Scalini Fedeli stimulus package; no corkage fee Monday through Friday lunch, and Monday through Thursday dinner.
A word from Scalini Fedeli - Chatham
Scalini Fedeli was opened by chef-owner Michael Cetrulo in 1995 and very quickly became New Jersey's highest rated Italian restaurant. Rated excellent by the New York Times in 1996 and New Jersey's favorite restaurant in Zagat's Survey in 2001 and New Jersey Monthly's best Italian and top 25 overall in 2007. Highlights from the menu include soft egg yolk raviolo with black truffle butter, pignoli crusted salmon with artichoke and mint agnolotti in a light tomato and basil broth and braised short ribs of beef with a cherry pepper and port glaze. Set in an historic building built in 1740, the atmosphere is slightly formal with Tuscan style vaulted ceilings finished with Venetian plaster. Tapestry and antique mirrors adorn the walls.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Scalini Fedeli - Chatham - Best Restaurants in Chatham ›
Scalini Fedeli - Chatham reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (85)romantic (73)fit for foodies (58)notable wine list (31)neighborhood gem (30)good for groups (16)hot spot (5)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Comlete fine dining experience!luvfinefoodDined on 10/14/2014Have never been disappointed. The ideal place for a special night out. Food and service are exceptional. Setting is pleasant -- like dining in a home.Special Features:
- A perfect dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014This is a consistently amazing restaurant. The atmosphere is that of a charming home. The food is incredible, and the service is attentive without any hint of snootiness. And amazingly for the price, its a great deal as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond ExpectationsMaxdoutDined on 10/13/2014My wife and I were looking for a romantic restaurant to have our first anniversary dinner. We came across Scalini Fedili and based on the reviews decided to try it. The inside was very nice, the staff were very attentive and then there is the food......incredible would be an understatement! it seemed the courses would never end, and everything was cooked to perfection! I consider myself someone who has no problem eating, but there was so much food I had to throw in the towel half way through desert! I would highly recommend giving this place a try as I am sure you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding RestaurantmaddyDined on 10/11/2014The food is amazing and the service is always excellent. I try to order something different every time I come and I have never been disappointed. This is one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerBillMaureenDined on 10/9/2014We received a quiet corner table as requested. Delicious food. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014our favorite restaurant.....no matter what you order, everything is cooked to perfection...we always have a pleasant dining experience...the atmosphere is a comfortable Tuscan feel and nicely appointed.....this is a must visit restaurant.....Special Features:
- Best of the BestOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014I have eaten in many restaurants and find Scalini Fedeli to simply be the best food in the stateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a Wonderful Experiencealso47Dined on 9/27/2014We have been enjoying Scalini-Fedeli since it first opened. The food is outstanding as is the service. Walter is our favorite waiter. For a special occasion or just a wonderful evening, don't hesitate to make a reservation.Special Features:
- A Special ExperienceKayJayDined on 9/26/2014The food was amazing and the service was attentive. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- eatingdeliteDined on 9/19/2014As usual their food and service was outstanding. There is an extensive list of appetizers and main courses with little touches of small treats though dinner. It has a warm atmosphere and they always try to accommodate seating requests. The pre-fixed $54.00 (appetizer, entrée and dessert is a bargain for this level of food and service.Special Features:
- A favoritefinediner101Dined on 9/19/2014From the time we entered the restaurant, greeted and felt truly welcomed by the Host. Comfortable in our seating, and the waiter is so attentive. From the 1st bite to the last it is a wonderful and delicious dinner. We will be back again to enjoy this dining experience here. We do love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great - againRaisin226VIPDined on 9/19/2014Another fabulous meal at Scalini Fideli Chatham. This time, tried the veal Milanese and loved it. Need to post the Sept-Oct menus on line.Special Features:
- Wonderful place for loveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014My husband and I recently celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary at Scalini Fedeli! Well worth the 25 miles trip on a weeknight. The food was amazing each dish was uniquely and deliciously presented and well thought out. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!BillyGDined on 9/18/2014Food and service was impeccable. The décor is very dated and can defiantly use an update but everything else was flawlessSpecial Features:
- Kathid23VIPDined on 9/17/2014Superb in every way!!!!! It is clearly my favorite. They do everything right.Special Features:
- Great food, Rude WaiterDavSchDined on 9/17/2014The only reason I cannot give five out of five stars is because while the food was excellent and the serving staff was extremely attentive and accommodating, we found our waiter to be quite rude. From the moment he asked if it was our first time to the restaurant and we said yes, he acted as if every visit to our table was an effort. At the end of our meal, we had only finished half of the bottle of wine we brought along and I asked for the cork (it wasn't on the table). He looked at me as if I had asked him to pack up scraps from another table to bring home with me, and scoffed that he wouldn't be able to find our cork and would have to look through the back to find another one for us.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsMikefromVeronaDined on 9/13/2014Our favorite restaurant in North Jersey - never disappoints and this visit was no different. Flavor abounds from appetizers to desserts and everything in between.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still a favoritemdm9802Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I had not been to Scalini Fedeli in years but we were happy to find it was as delicious as I remembered. From beginning to end my taste buds were delighted. We were there for a romantic anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience!SatisfieddinerDined on 9/5/2014The restaurant was one of the best I have eaten at in a very long time. The food was absolutely terrific! The service was simply perfection and the ambiance was outstanding. The interior of the restaurant is beautiful and the farmhouse is one of historical significance. I rate the restaurant outstanding in all in all categories, without reservation. Cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- Outstanding1MichealDined on 9/3/2014Excellent food, staff and service. They pay attention to your requests and treat you like a regular. A real treat. Four persons at the table,. four outstanding reviews.Special Features:
- Special occasion and excellentShuttermanDined on 9/3/2014We ate in their NY resturant last February for my wifes birthday and the food was amazing so we tried the Chatham resturant for our anniversary. The meal and the service was top notch. I kinda like the prix fixe menu becuase you really have the run of the menu without some dishes being very expensive. There are a number of menu choices that cost addtional but I didnt find them out of line. To start I had the Carbonara which was very good and she had an unusual pasta with bone marrow and a hint of Orange which the waiter reccomended. AMAZING! Followed by a chicken dish for me and she ordered a shrimp and lobster special. Great food including 3 glasses of wine, desert and coffee. With a good tip for $200. Great Choice for our 25thSpecial Features:
- jegchopDined on 8/30/2014We've been to Scalini Fedeli many times over the past 10 years ... usually, it is a safe bet; this evening, however, the two orders of agnolotti were both hard and stiff (not fresh or leftovers warmed up?), and the risotti was undercooked! Disappointing to say the least.
- Scalini Fedeli is a local gemAnnieDined on 8/28/2014My review only needs one word: "FANTASTIC" as our experience at Scalini Fedeli was top notch in every way. Food was terrific, service was attentive, and ambiance couldn't have been nicer. Price is high, but worth it for what you get.Special Features:
- Consistently Exellent FooddiscriminatingpalateDined on 8/23/2014Dining at SF is always a terrific experience from beginning to end. The service and food are always exceptional. The menu is varied and always offers new and exciting choices no matter how many times one dines there. The sauces are always well seasoned, complex and fresh. They compliment the food and don't overpower it. The desserts are always elegant and worth the feeling of "fullness" experienced as you push your chair from the table to leave. Scalini Fedeli is always consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go to anniversary dining choicenynjfoodyDined on 8/22/2014Spent the third year in a row celebrating our anniversary here. This year we brought our adult children as well. Great dinner enjoyed by all. The only small complaint is they forgot the intermezzo .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014My wife and I went Scalini Fedeli for our wedding anniversary. From beginning to end the experience was wonderful. The three course price fixed dinner was really five courses, all delicious. We will not wait for a special occasion to dine there again.Special Features:
- Simply deliciousBani1Dined on 8/18/2014The food, wine,ambience and staff were simply wonderful. It was a delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Past it's primeIliveinnjnowDined on 8/16/2014We have eaten here before and enjoyed it. This time the service was perfunctory. The glasses were not sparkling clean, ie smudges showing. Two manager types were actually having a heated argument at the reservations terminal as we were leaving!!!! The food was so-so. The amuse bouche was an over cooked rubbery shrimp. No excuse for that. In general the dishes would have been impressive in the 1990's. Today it seemed very dated. No flair. Very standard tasting -- and for $90 per person (including an inexpensive wine) you really should expect more. On the plus side they did a nice job of recognizing a birthday in our group without being embarrassing.
- Always wonderfulNeverabadtimetoeatDined on 8/14/2014Our dining experience was wonderful as it always is when we visit Scalini! Ambience, food and service all made for an overall excellent evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ambiance, service, foodJazzyDined on 8/9/2014Food choices are abundant, some with upcharge but the pricing is right. Go hungry! Select a salad if you have a smaller appetite - portions are generous.Special Features:
- Too close for comfortAcrosstheHudsonDined on 8/9/2014My husband & I eat here for special celebrations, and as always, the food and service were superb. However, this time we were seated at a "cozy", table stuck ina corner near the doorway. To say we felt cramped is an understatement. The space was small, elbows hitting the wall, and noisey. It took away from our special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMrWalrusVIPDined on 8/2/2014Really 3.5 stars but rounding down for the small horrible table they gave us. If you dine here & are a couple, ensure you do not get the extremely small table when you first walk inside. My reservation was made months in advance so there was no excuse to be put there. The dining room is very nice but does get loud. Service was good, we did not feel rushed as other reviews have stated. Maybe because we were at a horrible table that no one wanted. Food I must say was just okay. The ravioli appetizer, the bread & the sorbet were the best things we ate. My wife's pasta appetizer was obviously not fresh pasta & was under cooked. Her filet, while cooked to her specifications, was not seasoned at all. We will not return.Special Features:
- Knowledgeable staff!Luvs2cookDined on 8/2/2014From the moment you walk through the door you know you are going to have an extraordinary culinary experience. The wait staff is professional and attentive to the clientele.Special Features:
- 10yr anniversary celebrationStillFabDined on 7/30/2014We picked this restaurant because we spent our 8 yr anniversary there and they went the extra mile to make it special with champagne and a nice dessert for us. A little disappointed that none of that happened this time for our 10th. Needless to say, our dining experience was still top notch. The food is just amazing. Highly recommend this place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite New Jersey RestaurantBobTDined on 7/30/2014While I do not consider myself a gourmet, I like to think I know excellent food. For years, we have too often tried highly touted and pricey establishments that disappointed. Fortunately, this restaurant is not one of those. We have been going here about twice a year (do not live close by) for about seven years. Scalini Fedeli is by far, our favorite restaurant in New Jersey. Not only is every dish we have tried outstanding, the preparation is exacting. If we loved it once, it will taste exactly the same, the next time. The service is efficient and unobtrusive. In our recent visit, we brought two other couples who had never been there. Their unsolicited praise was effusive. We always feel that we have a very positive experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long-time FavoriteYogiBooDined on 7/29/2014Scalini Fedeli is a long time favorite, and it never fails to please. The menu has many favorite dishes, but I enjoy exploring the menu and trying new dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FinedinerDined on 7/26/2014The food was ok. Everything came out very fast, the service is also very fast and impersonal. I felt a bit rushed. I guess I'm not a fan of pre fixe menus. I wouldn't go as my choice but if friends wanted to go I would go. This was my third time there and I still am not impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014This restaurant is always a great choice for a special occassion. The food is great, they dont rush at all, and service is terriffic.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Morris CountyNJDinerDined on 7/21/2014Great food, nice atmosphere, solid service - hits on all levelsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winner every time.DouglasDined on 7/18/2014Food is of the highest quality. Also great sauces and ingredient pairings.Special Features: