Scaddabush Italian Kitchen & Bar - Square One
209 Rathburn Road West
Mississauga, ON L5B 4C1Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Scaddabush Italian Kitchen & Bar - Square One
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://scaddabush.com/
- Phone: 9052811721x
- Hours of Operation:
Sun - Wed: 11:30 am - midnight
Thu - Sat: 11:30 am - 1:00 am (Please note we do not take reservations on Friday & Saturday between 5:00pm-close)
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Steve Silvestro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Scaddabush Italian Kitchen & Bar - Square One
It's a little of this, a little of that and a whole new take on Italian. At SCADDABUSH, we are are guided by time-honoured traditions. In true Italian fashion, we rely on fresh ingredients. Our fresh pasta is made in-house daily, and we offer fresh mozzarella made to order every day between 5pm & 11pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Scaddabush Italian Kitchen & Bar - Square One - Best Restaurants in Mississauga ›
Scaddabush Italian Kitchen & Bar - Square One reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (54)special occasion (33)great for lunch (33)fit for foodies (26)hot spot (25)great for outdoor dining (25)neighborhood gem (22)vibrant bar scene (17)romantic (17)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (14)great for brunch (10)notable wine list (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Overall ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Greeting Staff makes you feel comfortable right from the time you walk in the door. Waiting staff is great. Good food, good fun and great atmosphere. I would recommend it to all my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomatoDined on 9/9/2014Excellent service! Great food! Will definitely be back again. Thank you again!Special Features:
- great authentic Italian restaurantAliceDined on 9/7/2014Been here a few times now and brought some friends with me and now I got my friends hooked on it. So whenever they visit me in Mississauga this is their fave place to goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worst serviceDJYKDined on 9/3/2014Reserved a booth which I ended up getting in the corner (not a big deal) BUT the really busy bartenders were our servers. Yes server(s). Two people serving us who had a lot of mis communication going on. We ordered appetizers that they forgot to give us and brought out our dinner 40mins later saying they were sorry. Then my friend ordered a 5 oz of wine, later was charged for the 8 oz (understandable because mistakes do happen). When we told the server about the mistake she came back and said she accidently gave us the 8 oz but not to worry because she brought us the difference. Then she rudely said "don't worry guess that extra splash was on us". Didn't wait for us to leave before she started running her mouth to her Co workers about us.Special Features:
- Great food!WhatsheeatingnowDined on 9/1/2014We love visiting this neighbourhood restaurant. Their "Charity Bread" and the fresh mozza are excellent. Pastas are delicious. I really enjoyed the Chicken Limone too...Special Features:
- Great - but a bit too saltylovetoeatDined on 8/31/2014I loved the ambiance and the food was great! Fresh made mozarella and great meat balls (big too) - the food an place were wonderful - but the food was over salted - would have enjoyed it so much more with less salt - my whole family thinks so too.Special Features:
- So soKcleopatraDined on 8/30/2014My husband and went for brunch. He ordered the veal cutlet and I ordered the chicken cutlet. My chicken was excellent but my pasta was disgustingly cold and bland . My husband's veal cutlet was huge. He liked it but found the edges a bit tough. His pasta was disgustingly cold and both pastas and sauce felt like leftovers. Cappuccino was good and the tiramisu was to die forSpecial Features:
- diner18Dined on 8/20/2014Had a reservation for 9 people. They let us share pizza and pasta. The food was pretty good, though quite rich. The pasta - arabbiata is not as spicy as the waitress suggested, but it still tasted good. The best was the cheesecake, it tasted very fresh. Our server was enthusiastic and accommodating. Ambiance was nice, though the music was a little loud at times. Overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurantluv2eatDined on 8/17/2014The service was extremely good. The waitresses and waiters were friendly and welcoming. The managers are also very nice. The food is delicious, especially the spaduch and the spinach dip. It's great place to have dinner with friends or go on a date. I highly recommend this restaurant. The mozzarella is house-made and it's scrumptious. The sparklers for birthdays are a nice touch. Scaddabush is my new favourite restaurant and I can't wait until my next visit. It's menu consists of a variety of dishes, so you are sure to find something you like. The open kitchen is a great idea as it keeps things fun.Special Features:
- Rare Gemterrylcz3Dined on 8/10/2014Second time around food, service and cocktails outstanding. My veal was cooked to perfection with a crunch! My cosmos were 10 out of 10. As anyone who knows me that rating is amazing. Lol. We were a group of six and we all had an outstanding time. Our server was perfect. Even told us where to purchase the pizza sizzors. Can't wait to come back. Or can you open up in Grimsby????Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sweet placejiffyDined on 8/8/2014The pizza is amazing. The stuffed meatball was really good. The zucca was really really good. Will be going again and again. Service and food quality were impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meatball was too saltyJCruzDined on 8/6/2014I picked this restaurant for a dinner with my friends. I have never been to Scaddabush myself but had read good reviews so I was excited. Living and working in an Italian dominated city, I had my fair share of experience with Italian food so I had high hopes for this restaurant. Unfortunately, I was disappointed. One of my friends and I ordered the stuffed meatball on spaghetti and we both agreed that it was way too salty. I also found it pricy for the portion that we got. Thankfully, the zeppole and tartufo made up for our main dish. They were to die for. The ambience was great too. Our server, Eric, was amazing. He was very attentive and funny. Overall, I would not recommend or come back to Scaddabush.
- Delicious!sp214Dined on 8/4/2014The food is AMAZING! I recommend this place to everyone. I am a picky eater, and there isn't anything I tried that I didn't like. The fresh mozzarella and their spinach and artichoke dip are AMAZING. The pizzas and pastas are so fresh... I don't think I can complain about anything.Special Features:
- Scaddabush great food great diningMangiareDined on 8/3/2014The atmospheres fun food is very delicious great oven bake pizzas really fun place to go and have a great meal enjoy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014The fresh mozzarella was amazing! I would definitely order it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delizioso!theLeenerDined on 7/23/2014Walking into this joint started a whirlwind of only good things. The atmosphere is great, a relatively young scene with nice interior lighting (not too dark). The huge bar spans across the left wall, while right shows the outside patio view. I ordered the chicken parm with spaghetti and it was delicious, most times the chicken gets overcooked and overbreaded, not in this case, it was cooked perfectly and juicy inside. Take the recommendation of your server, get anything with the fresh mozzarella, it is amazing, so smooth. My girlfriend ordered one of the fresh in-house pasta dishes and although the plating made the portion look small, she was deceived, it was quite the hefty. A great find with great food with great friends.Special Features:
- Girls NIght outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014My girlfriend and I had a great dining experience on a girls night out! Good eats, good atmosphere and lots of laughs!Special Features:
- JuliaKaraDined on 7/13/2014Food AMAZING!!! Made fresh daily mozzarella and pasta! Cant beat that :)Special Features:
- Good food slower serviceLolaTCDined on 7/9/2014Food is great and staff is friendly. But they're a little slow. We waited a while for our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid and dependableOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/8/2014nice atmosphere, friendly staff, and good food. I come here often and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner out with familyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014We had an enjoyable dinner out celebrating my son's graduation from college. The atmosphere and food of the restaurant was fabulous.Service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WineandDineDined on 7/6/2014I enjoy the atmosphere at Scaddabush. I often take my grown children for lunch, brunch, or dinner. In nice weather, we sit outside and share a pitcher of sangria and some calamari. We love the rustic tables and assortment of different chairs. Very relaxing and fun. Reminds us of Spain.Special Features:
- Amazing as alwaysOlly26Dined on 7/1/2014I love the foooood :) Great atmosphere too Service is okaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingashk92Dined on 7/1/2014It was a great experience. I had a nice long lunch with my boyfriend on Canada day. The waitress gave us a great service and her recommendation on wine was also very good. The food was amazing. Appetizers (meatball, and I forgot the name of the other one, it was something like fried chicken) were amazing, especially the meatball. We also ordered pasta which was perfect - my dish was spicy enough and I loved it. His dish was also very good. Great environment. Perfect place for dates. I would recommend this place to my friends and I would also bring my family here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it wasHappy2eatDined on 6/29/2014I have been coming here for sister birthdays for many years and loved it. This time I found the food and service was very poor. Love the ambiance though. I had the Tuscan salad with shrimp and a cappuccino. My salad had old yellow kale leaves and the shrimp was very small. Not worth what I paid. The cappuccino use to be creamy frothy and this one watery with no density. My sister had Tiramisu that looked more yellow less creamy, she didn't finish it. The server was talking baby talk to us like we were little kids and was never around when we needed her. Her heavy perfume did not help. I noticed that there seemed to be an unprofessional manner to the servers as well as the manager. It's not the dining experience Alice Fazoolis used to be.Special Features:
- MoToGoDined on 6/23/2014The very delicious pastas and attention to detail by the servers, make this one of my new favourite restaurants in Mississauga. My friends and I especially like that with the pastas you can choose the smaller portion! This is great especially if you want to save room for dessert!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedthreehorsesatthebarnDined on 6/21/2014I made a reservation for 7 people. They sat us at a very small round table. When we asked to be moved they did so and it was apparent that they had plenty of tables available that were more suitable. I had the pizza. The pizza bread was soggy. I left most of my pizza on my plate but was not asked if there was anything I didn't like about it. The music was very loud making conversation difficult.
- Excellent Food!NewfieChickDined on 6/15/2014We tried the avacado bruschetta, stuffed meatball with spagetti and a pizza - all to share. All the food was fabulous. Sat on the patio and found it private enough for an intimate dinner for 2.Special Features:
- Great place and reasonableOffthewall2Dined on 6/12/2014We have been twice - plan on going weekly, very happy will all aspects and I personally can't wait to work my way through balance of menu.... Wish they had Steam Whistle on tap ... Oh wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual & AffordableLimitlessEyeDined on 6/10/2014If you are looking for an easy going, affordable place with decent food then Scaddabush works. Servers need some training with the menu and the wine list. Surprised with the value on the wine list especially. Food was average. Very kid friendly - aka: full of kids.Special Features:
- The best!Hd11Dined on 6/9/2014Third time coming here and haven't been disappointed ever. As a matter a fact I've been blown away at how delicious the food is how great the service is and there really isn't a single bad thing to say about this restaurant. Quickly becoming one of my faves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but menu is vaguemrsadamsDined on 6/6/2014I got together with two girlfriends for dinner at this restaurant and we had a good time. With all of us having young kids, it was lovely to have a leisurely meal with no pressure to move on and clear the table so we could catch up nicely. However, we had an unfortunate incident where we ordered the Polenta Fries and were surprised to find they came in a meat sauce. Two of our party are strict vegetarians and when we read the description we had no idea that there was any meat. The manager handled this situation very quickly and kindly and promised to discuss this issue with the servers. Overall the food was fantastic but if you have any dietary restrictions please let your server know as the menu is not that clear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious diningkdfourDined on 5/27/2014Awesome appis- amazing homemade mozzarella and pastas. Perfect calamari. We had a great waiter, friendly smiles all around. Food was delicious. Large portions even for the "small". Yummy leftovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 80 reviews are from the Scaddabush Italian Kitchen & Bar - Square One reviews archive.
- Will not returnPeachydeeDined on 5/13/2014Not authentic Italian by any means. Food was overpriced and the server didn't know a thing about Italian food. Guess I had expectations that I shouldn't have had. The meatball was too salty to enjoy and it had orange-looking cheese on it. No thanks. Mozzarella was warm and on the drier side. I was looking for moist and fresh. Won't go back!Special Features:
- Great Mother's Day DinnerFoodSisterhoodDined on 5/11/2014We made sure to make reservations a few hours before we went to dinner. Because of the busy day, we were only able to get an early dinner at 4:45pm, which we had no problems with. Upon arriving to the restaurant, the hostess took us to our table and we were greeted by our server promptly. I noticed that all the staff that we came in contact with said "Happy Mother's Day!" - so sweet! The food was delicious as usual and the service was fast and friendly even on a busy day. I've been to both this and the downtown locations and have a great experience, every time. Highly recommended to try the fresh mozzarella and their meatballs. Plus their zucca pasta (butternut squash ravioli) is amazing!Special Features:
- Good experience, mostly.Rajan9Dined on 5/11/2014We chose this venue for Mother's Day lunch. The food was great and overall the service was good. The only issue we had is that despite booking 4 days in advance, our table was not the best. On arrival we asked for a patio table and were declined, despite the patio not being fully occupied (both on our way in and out). Inside the restaurant, we were offered a table in the middle of the restaurant, and so we asked for either a booth or a table near a window. Again, we were told that all other table were reserved. But throughout our meal, we saw unoccupied tables which we would have loved to have switched with. Turned me off the restaurant quite a bit, although I have to say again that the food was great.Special Features:
- Mother's Day lunchGraceDined on 5/11/2014Service was kind of slow for Mother's Day and with 3 kids it kind of dragged on.. Meal was ok.. But unfortunately nothing to rave about..
- epetersDined on 5/11/2014Went to the Yonge/Gerrard location in april and was wowed by the fresh mozzerella. But on sunday for Mothers day, they did not have anyone on staff to make it. This location makes only 5-11pm. So disappointed because mum in law was looking forward to it. Seems a lot of staff left Mississauga to go to the Downtown location. Hope they find staff soon. Otherwise the rest of the experience was wonderful. Food good, the flowers outside on patio were stunning (took pictures and posted to twitter). Will come back one evening with some more friends and hope the mozz is available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceGiacsVIPDined on 5/10/2014Excellent menu - especially try the fresh mozzarella, service was outstanding - this is now a regular spot !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bland foodpsyc274VIPDined on 5/10/2014Overall, I would rate this restaurant as 'fair' at best. The food was quite bland. We found this for the pizza's and the spaghetti. Furthermore, we had trouble with our reservation. The hostess' didn't seem very knowledgeable on the computers. The one good thing about this place is that there seems to be quite a decent patio.Special Features: