Scaddabush Italian Kitchen & Bar - Square One
209 Rathburn Road West
Mississauga, ON L5B 4C1Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Scaddabush Italian Kitchen & Bar - Square One
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://scaddabush.com/
- Phone: 9052811721x
- Hours of Operation:
Sun - Wed: 11:30 am - midnight
Thu - Sat: 11:30 am - 1:00 am (Please note we do not take reservations on Friday & Saturday between 5:00pm-close)
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Steve Silvestro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Scaddabush Italian Kitchen & Bar - Square One
It's a little of this, a little of that and a whole new take on Italian. At SCADDABUSH, we are are guided by time-honoured traditions. In true Italian fashion, we rely on fresh ingredients. Our fresh pasta is made in-house daily, and we offer fresh mozzarella made to order every day between 5pm & 11pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Scaddabush Italian Kitchen & Bar - Square One - Best Restaurants in Mississauga ›
Scaddabush Italian Kitchen & Bar - Square One reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (57)great for lunch (38)special occasion (30)fit for foodies (28)hot spot (23)neighborhood gem (23)great for outdoor dining (23)vibrant bar scene (19)romantic (18)kid-friendly (16)great for brunch (11)late-night find (10)notable wine list (7)scenic view (3)Show More
- AngieDined on 10/14/2014I had heard good things about this place, so I was somewhat excited. We were a group of 3. For a Tuesday night, the place was busy and noisy. The menu has some good choices. Our dishes were Pasta Arrabiata, Pizza Bianca and Capri (mixed seafood & pasta). The pizza and the Arrabiata sauce were good, but our friend did not enjoy the Capri. The pasta, although it is freshly made, was way overdone in both pasta dishes. No "al dente" here - was soggy and limp. And we're very familiar with authentic Italian food. Decent wine choices however and although none of us had dessert, the dessert menu looked good. The service was ok too. This place is good but if you're looking for authentic Italian dishes, in my opinion, there are other better choices (Grazie, Grano, Centro).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSpongeDined on 10/10/2014Great food and atmosphere for people that love going out for a good time with great peopleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch for Twolunchfor2Dined on 10/9/2014Great Caesar Salad!! Waitress could have been a bit friendlier. Washrooms are very clean, with nice Italian music playing and great smelling hand cream! Ambiance was nice, not too loud, good for conversation. We'll probably be back.Special Features:
- Great for sharingdinner44Dined on 9/30/2014We were heading to a movie after dinner and wanted to avoid carrying leftovers, so a friend and I shared a primavera pizza and large house salad. The kitchen split the salad ahead of time and served it to us in two bowls (the pizza is served whole on a wooden plank).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PatioMagzVIPDined on 9/29/2014Awesome meatball! Fantastic pizza! Will definitely be back to try therir fresh made mozzarella!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hopefully an exceptionLove2eatoutDined on 9/24/2014I have eaten here many times and have always recommended it to friends. However, I was disappointed with the fettuccine with bolognese sauce this time. The pasta was overcooked and the bolognese sauce had the taste and consistency of an ordinary meat sauce - definitely not the same high quality I had on previous visits. Hopefully, this was an exception as I love the ambiance and service here, but I dine out because I want an excellent food experience.Special Features:
- Nice ambiancejudifoodieDined on 9/21/2014We've been twice now. First time was maybe a month or two after original opening and the food was lovely but the service was atrocious. 2nd visit the food was nice but considering it's an Italian restaurant you'd think they'd offer you Parmesan on your pasta, but both times we were not. The ambiance is wonderful, beautifully decorated. Food I'd say is above average but quite costly in comparison. Service needs great improvement.Special Features:
- oakvilleresidentDined on 9/21/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the restaurant, the food was very good and our server was outstanding! We're looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent and authenticGiacsVIPDined on 9/18/2014Just like mamma ! great menu - try the fresh made in house daily mozzarella - amazing, fresh cuisine, fabulous service, nice to drop by for a quick meal anytime or hang out at bar with friends.Special Features:
- Overall ExperienceluvthosemeatballsDined on 9/15/2014Greeting Staff makes you feel comfortable right from the time you walk in the door. Waiting staff is great. Good food, good fun and great atmosphere. I would recommend it to all my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomatoDined on 9/9/2014Excellent service! Great food! Will definitely be back again. Thank you again!Special Features:
- great authentic Italian restaurantAliceDined on 9/7/2014Been here a few times now and brought some friends with me and now I got my friends hooked on it. So whenever they visit me in Mississauga this is their fave place to goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worst serviceDJYKDined on 9/3/2014Reserved a booth which I ended up getting in the corner (not a big deal) BUT the really busy bartenders were our servers. Yes server(s). Two people serving us who had a lot of mis communication going on. We ordered appetizers that they forgot to give us and brought out our dinner 40mins later saying they were sorry. Then my friend ordered a 5 oz of wine, later was charged for the 8 oz (understandable because mistakes do happen). When we told the server about the mistake she came back and said she accidently gave us the 8 oz but not to worry because she brought us the difference. Then she rudely said "don't worry guess that extra splash was on us". Didn't wait for us to leave before she started running her mouth to her Co workers about us.Special Features:
- Great food!WhatsheeatingnowDined on 9/1/2014We love visiting this neighbourhood restaurant. Their "Charity Bread" and the fresh mozza are excellent. Pastas are delicious. I really enjoyed the Chicken Limone too...Special Features:
- Great - but a bit too saltylovetoeatDined on 8/31/2014I loved the ambiance and the food was great! Fresh made mozarella and great meat balls (big too) - the food an place were wonderful - but the food was over salted - would have enjoyed it so much more with less salt - my whole family thinks so too.Special Features:
- So soKcleopatraDined on 8/30/2014My husband and went for brunch. He ordered the veal cutlet and I ordered the chicken cutlet. My chicken was excellent but my pasta was disgustingly cold and bland . My husband's veal cutlet was huge. He liked it but found the edges a bit tough. His pasta was disgustingly cold and both pastas and sauce felt like leftovers. Cappuccino was good and the tiramisu was to die forSpecial Features:
- diner18Dined on 8/20/2014Had a reservation for 9 people. They let us share pizza and pasta. The food was pretty good, though quite rich. The pasta - arabbiata is not as spicy as the waitress suggested, but it still tasted good. The best was the cheesecake, it tasted very fresh. Our server was enthusiastic and accommodating. Ambiance was nice, though the music was a little loud at times. Overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurantluv2eatDined on 8/17/2014The service was extremely good. The waitresses and waiters were friendly and welcoming. The managers are also very nice. The food is delicious, especially the spaduch and the spinach dip. It's great place to have dinner with friends or go on a date. I highly recommend this restaurant. The mozzarella is house-made and it's scrumptious. The sparklers for birthdays are a nice touch. Scaddabush is my new favourite restaurant and I can't wait until my next visit. It's menu consists of a variety of dishes, so you are sure to find something you like. The open kitchen is a great idea as it keeps things fun.Special Features:
- Rare Gemterrylcz3Dined on 8/10/2014Second time around food, service and cocktails outstanding. My veal was cooked to perfection with a crunch! My cosmos were 10 out of 10. As anyone who knows me that rating is amazing. Lol. We were a group of six and we all had an outstanding time. Our server was perfect. Even told us where to purchase the pizza sizzors. Can't wait to come back. Or can you open up in Grimsby????Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sweet placejiffyDined on 8/8/2014The pizza is amazing. The stuffed meatball was really good. The zucca was really really good. Will be going again and again. Service and food quality were impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meatball was too saltyJCruzDined on 8/6/2014I picked this restaurant for a dinner with my friends. I have never been to Scaddabush myself but had read good reviews so I was excited. Living and working in an Italian dominated city, I had my fair share of experience with Italian food so I had high hopes for this restaurant. Unfortunately, I was disappointed. One of my friends and I ordered the stuffed meatball on spaghetti and we both agreed that it was way too salty. I also found it pricy for the portion that we got. Thankfully, the zeppole and tartufo made up for our main dish. They were to die for. The ambience was great too. Our server, Eric, was amazing. He was very attentive and funny. Overall, I would not recommend or come back to Scaddabush.
- Delicious!sp214Dined on 8/4/2014The food is AMAZING! I recommend this place to everyone. I am a picky eater, and there isn't anything I tried that I didn't like. The fresh mozzarella and their spinach and artichoke dip are AMAZING. The pizzas and pastas are so fresh... I don't think I can complain about anything.Special Features:
- Scaddabush great food great diningMangiareDined on 8/3/2014The atmospheres fun food is very delicious great oven bake pizzas really fun place to go and have a great meal enjoy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014The fresh mozzarella was amazing! I would definitely order it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delizioso!theLeenerDined on 7/23/2014Walking into this joint started a whirlwind of only good things. The atmosphere is great, a relatively young scene with nice interior lighting (not too dark). The huge bar spans across the left wall, while right shows the outside patio view. I ordered the chicken parm with spaghetti and it was delicious, most times the chicken gets overcooked and overbreaded, not in this case, it was cooked perfectly and juicy inside. Take the recommendation of your server, get anything with the fresh mozzarella, it is amazing, so smooth. My girlfriend ordered one of the fresh in-house pasta dishes and although the plating made the portion look small, she was deceived, it was quite the hefty. A great find with great food with great friends.Special Features:
- Girls NIght outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014My girlfriend and I had a great dining experience on a girls night out! Good eats, good atmosphere and lots of laughs!Special Features:
- JuliaKaraDined on 7/13/2014Food AMAZING!!! Made fresh daily mozzarella and pasta! Cant beat that :)Special Features:
- Good food slower serviceLolaTCDined on 7/9/2014Food is great and staff is friendly. But they're a little slow. We waited a while for our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid and dependableOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/8/2014nice atmosphere, friendly staff, and good food. I come here often and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner out with familyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014We had an enjoyable dinner out celebrating my son's graduation from college. The atmosphere and food of the restaurant was fabulous.Service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WineandDineDined on 7/6/2014I enjoy the atmosphere at Scaddabush. I often take my grown children for lunch, brunch, or dinner. In nice weather, we sit outside and share a pitcher of sangria and some calamari. We love the rustic tables and assortment of different chairs. Very relaxing and fun. Reminds us of Spain.Special Features:
- Amazing as alwaysOlly26Dined on 7/1/2014I love the foooood :) Great atmosphere too Service is okaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingashk92Dined on 7/1/2014It was a great experience. I had a nice long lunch with my boyfriend on Canada day. The waitress gave us a great service and her recommendation on wine was also very good. The food was amazing. Appetizers (meatball, and I forgot the name of the other one, it was something like fried chicken) were amazing, especially the meatball. We also ordered pasta which was perfect - my dish was spicy enough and I loved it. His dish was also very good. Great environment. Perfect place for dates. I would recommend this place to my friends and I would also bring my family here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it wasHappy2eatDined on 6/29/2014I have been coming here for sister birthdays for many years and loved it. This time I found the food and service was very poor. Love the ambiance though. I had the Tuscan salad with shrimp and a cappuccino. My salad had old yellow kale leaves and the shrimp was very small. Not worth what I paid. The cappuccino use to be creamy frothy and this one watery with no density. My sister had Tiramisu that looked more yellow less creamy, she didn't finish it. The server was talking baby talk to us like we were little kids and was never around when we needed her. Her heavy perfume did not help. I noticed that there seemed to be an unprofessional manner to the servers as well as the manager. It's not the dining experience Alice Fazoolis used to be.Special Features:
- The following 88 reviews are from the Scaddabush Italian Kitchen & Bar - Square One reviews archive.
- MoToGoDined on 6/23/2014The very delicious pastas and attention to detail by the servers, make this one of my new favourite restaurants in Mississauga. My friends and I especially like that with the pastas you can choose the smaller portion! This is great especially if you want to save room for dessert!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedthreehorsesatthebarnDined on 6/21/2014I made a reservation for 7 people. They sat us at a very small round table. When we asked to be moved they did so and it was apparent that they had plenty of tables available that were more suitable. I had the pizza. The pizza bread was soggy. I left most of my pizza on my plate but was not asked if there was anything I didn't like about it. The music was very loud making conversation difficult.
- Excellent Food!NewfieChickDined on 6/15/2014We tried the avacado bruschetta, stuffed meatball with spagetti and a pizza - all to share. All the food was fabulous. Sat on the patio and found it private enough for an intimate dinner for 2.Special Features:
- Great place and reasonableOffthewall2Dined on 6/12/2014We have been twice - plan on going weekly, very happy will all aspects and I personally can't wait to work my way through balance of menu.... Wish they had Steam Whistle on tap ... Oh wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual & AffordableLimitlessEyeDined on 6/10/2014If you are looking for an easy going, affordable place with decent food then Scaddabush works. Servers need some training with the menu and the wine list. Surprised with the value on the wine list especially. Food was average. Very kid friendly - aka: full of kids.Special Features:
- The best!Hd11Dined on 6/9/2014Third time coming here and haven't been disappointed ever. As a matter a fact I've been blown away at how delicious the food is how great the service is and there really isn't a single bad thing to say about this restaurant. Quickly becoming one of my faves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.