SC Prime Steakhouse - Suncoast Hotel & Casino
9090 Alta Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89145Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
SC Prime Steakhouse - Suncoast Hotel & Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.suncoastcasino.com/dining/sc-prime-steakhouse-bar
- Phone: 7026367111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Lounge: Nightly: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Clark Nose
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine
A word from SC Prime Steakhouse - Suncoast Hotel & Casino
Located a short elevator ride away on the Second Floor of the Suncoast Casino, this exclusive room's classic steakhouse ambiance and spectacular view of the Las Vegas Valley enhance an already pleasurable experience. In addition to USDA Prime Aged Beef "SC Prime" offers seafood, lamb, pork and poultry, all prepared to perfection and whether you're a wine connoisseur or not, you will enjoy the extensive wine list. SC Prime also hosts the best "Happy Hour" in Las Vegas, from 4:30pm to 7:00pm in the lounge, featuring fantastic drinks and food specials. Our Private Dining Room is available for parties of 6 to 14, when the celebration requires a little more intimacy. We don't have many requirements of you at SC Prime, just that you like to enjoy the finer things in life, any occasion is the right occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
SC Prime Steakhouse - Suncoast Hotel & Casino - Best Restaurants in Summerlin ›
SC Prime Steakhouse - Suncoast Hotel & Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (39)special occasion (39)neighborhood gem (24)romantic (23)good for groups (10)notable wine list (10)fit for foodies (10)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (3)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- LasVegas2014Dined on 9/14/2014This restaurant proved to be a pleasant surprise. I would rate it among the best steakhouses in LV without having to mortgage your house to pay the bill. The house wine was excellent and served in the correct glass. The food was prepared exactly as requested. My husband had the 3 course special which was a steal. The desert alone was worth the price of admission and there was no skimping on portions. I'd highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Perfection!anzer33Dined on 9/1/2014Everything was perfect. The place was beautiful and comfortable . The crew were attentive without being obtrusive. The most important part of the experience is the food ! Needless to say, the steaks were cooked perfectly to our specifications. Served with small sides of vegetables....it seems unnecessary to order other side dishes. But the side orders were so yummy and the serving so huge that we had so much for take out. We were seated by the window...which would have given us a panoramic view of the Las Vegas strip in the horizon. Unfortunately the halted construction of a property across the street marred that view . SC Prime is not at fault with that. Over all , SC Prime is excellent. I would gladly recommend it to everyone .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT EVENING!eatoutoftenVIPDined on 8/29/2014It has been a while since we have been to S.C. and had forgotten just how good it is. The service is excellent with attention paid to everything. The food is outstanding and the drinks are excellent. Will have to get back a lot more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014we were celebrating my wife's birthday, and they brought us a complimentary slice of cheese cake...very nice touch....we also enjoyed the prime rib specialSpecial Features:
- Way Too Noisysnflwr8351Dined on 8/15/2014The bar area was crowded with younger people who were laughing and conversing loudly, even to the point of yelling. The noise level was very uncomfortable. We had trouble hearing others at our table talk. The people at the bar were not there to eat; they were there to socialize. The casino has other bars that they could have gone to for that purpose. I was very disappointed with the noise. I believe that the bar in as nice a restaurant as the SC Prime is should be used for patrons who are waiting for their table, not as a social hang-out for the younger crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Away from the casino dinSLYMBAVIPDined on 8/13/2014The second floor restaurant, SC Prime, was a delight with ample room, excellent service (Corey was terrific!), an outstanding view, and a wonderful meal. It was refreshing with great ambience. We very much enjoyed our time there and would definitely return.Special Features:
- Great RestaruantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/9/2014We had a party of 10, and have eaten here many times. Service was attentive, friendly, outstanding. Manager was helpful and friendly. But... I made the mistake of recommending the nightly sea bass special (which I have had many times and always loved), but this time it was horrible. One steak ordered "on the rare side of medium rare" came out medium well, and had to be sent back. It returned after the rest of us had finished our meals. However, overall, it was still a good experience, and we will go back. The filet steaks are superb, as are the cheesy mashed potatoes. Cheesecake for dessert is a huge hit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ServiceDon56Dined on 8/9/2014Ride a short (very short) elevator ride up t the SC Prime Steakhouse and be prepared to enjoy a great steak and the quiet, efficient staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceMikeVIPDined on 8/7/2014Our server Brenda as usual was fantastic. My wife and I dine there once a week and food and service always top notch!Special Features:
- A delightKateDined on 8/7/2014We enjoy dining here to enjoy the wonderful food, attentive service and view of the Strip and valley. Since it was my birthday, a surprise and complimentary slice of chocolate cake with a lit candle was brought to the table completing the lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- on par, not amazing, great crablegslemaeDined on 8/4/2014We went here for a birthday celebration. The view was nice. I wish we made it for happy hour. The lobster bisque would have been better without the puff pastry on top. The steak was melt in your mouth as expected. The crab legs came right out of the shell!! The waitress however was a complete bore. She had no personality whatsoever. She did replace my oily mac and cheese with mashed potatoes. Her service was just a strong contrast to the other servers who were very talkative and gregarious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!!ChadDined on 7/28/2014What a gem off of Las Vegas Boulevard. If you want to find a great steakhouse that's not in the jam packed strip, I would highly recommend this one. We had a party of 10 including 2 litle ones and this place did not dissapoint.Special Features:
- All was great, except the noise.Foodie3Dined on 7/26/2014My husband and I couldn't even hear each other. I heard others with the same complaint and the friend who recommended it, said the same thing. The noise was AWFUL, but everything else was so good I'd definitely go back and tolerate the noise :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014We had friends in town for the weekend and took them to sc prime. They were impressed. My wife and I have been there before and loved it. Our friends love it too and would go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LANEDined on 7/12/2014The $25.00 Prime Rib Special was outstanding. Meat cooked perfectly - the salad was fresh and tasty - the potato sides were HUGH. I had a baked potato and my dinner companion had French Fries, enough for 2 people. The table next to us had the mashed potatoes - it looked like enough to feed a family of four. Additionally, the wine pour was generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for dinnerletsgoagainDined on 7/12/2014The food was delicious, and we were very pleased with the quality of the service. We sat in the front row near the glass and it was a beautiful evening to look out as evening fell. Frankly, I thought the prices were a little high. Among locals, the major competition is Flemings. (maybe not so much for hotel guests.). Their prices for similar product and service are lower. The only real negative was the extreme noise level. People who are having fun, particularly when drinks are involved, tend to be a bit noisy! I think this is a problem that is really not soluble. The glass front, and the shape of the room make it inevitable that it would be somewhat noisy. Overall, we had a positive, happy experience. I would not hesitate to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingHelpudecideDined on 7/12/2014Dined there on the evening of July 11. Was my wife's birthday and wanted g Her to have a special meal. Her main entry comprised of steak and shrimp was served cold. This should not happen in any restaurant let alone a high end steak house. I do not know who was to blame but it a reflection on the entire staff when such a situation occurs. Very disappointing indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first anniversarySkipperDined on 7/5/2014I made an online reservation which included a request for a booth, and informing staff that it was our first anniversary; I further informed them that we had had our first date at S C Prime one year earlier. We were seated at a table (no booth available) where water dripped down on Barbara and, after mentioning it to staff (they said it was much better since the chair had been soaked with water the following day) we moved ourselves to the other end of the table to avoid more dripping water. No mention was ever made of our special occasion nor was there an apology or any accommodation for being seated at a table with a leak above. Overall I would not recommend S C Steakhouse; especially for a special occasion.
- Not happylvdinersDined on 6/27/2014My wife and I just ordered from the bar menu. She got the beef sliders and I got the salmon sandwich. The sliders arrived all soggy from soaking up part of the au jus that came with it. Also the cheese that was on it had previously melted and was now hard from cooling off. My salmon sandwich was not much of a value either. Not much food for the $14 price tag. Also, not all that tasty.Special Features:
- Left overs in Las VegasworldtravelerVIPDined on 6/26/2014Mac n' cheese, coconut shrimp and wedge salad were excellent but what a disappointment when our Chicken Milanese came....rubbery and almost cold. Told the waiter and he shrugged and said, "too bad" and gave us no alternatives or discount even though my sister and I had only eaten a bite of each of our plates. He brought the bill before offering dessert or coffee and when we asked him he said the desserts were not that great! Advice....order steak in a steak house I guess????Special Features:
- Great place for dinnercincitiDined on 6/21/2014It's got good food. A little pricey. Would normally rate service 5 stars but they forgot one of our dishes. The bar was very noisy last night. Overall would recommend it. I will definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- Amazingmafgrl1Dined on 6/20/2014Never even knew this was here! Big portions great prices and amazing fun service! Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pumpkinDined on 6/15/2014The meal and service were great. The wait was long, but with it being Father's Day, I think patrons sat longer and relaxed after eating, so you could not plan for that. The bar is indeed vibrant. Not so loud this time, but last time I was there, there was lots of loud laughter etc that seemed to ruin the ambience that should be such a part of the dining experience at SC Prime. If the bar were somehow separated from the open dining area, I think it would prove more enjoyable for bar patrons as well as diners.Special Features:
- Serviceholsteinjune2014Dined on 6/14/2014Service was OK. Had to wait for water. Otherwise, we enjoyed the evening and did not feel rushed.Special Features:
- not up to expectationsdisappointedDined on 5/25/2014Food was very good, atmosphere just OK view is currently obstructed with construction. Felt like we were being rushed. Main course came before appetizers were finished. Was not offered dessert menu and after check was rendered server disappeared. We had to get up and seek out assistance to cash out. Not an upscale experience. Again food very good but service, timing and feeling of being rushed did not make for a pleasant experience.
- Great food, and ServiceZachattacDined on 5/24/2014Brenda took excellent care of my wife and I. It was great to get off the strip and enjoy a nice meal. Our food was cooked to perfection; the mashed potatoes were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 142 reviews are from the SC Prime Steakhouse - Suncoast Hotel & Casino reviews archive.
- Great experienceBusinessDined on 5/16/2014We had a group of 20 after a business meeting. They have the room, service & food comparable to high end steak houses but the price is reasonable. Over all great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMikeVIPDined on 5/11/2014Brenda, our server, always does a great job! A real pleasure.Special Features:
- A must visitMomof2Dined on 5/3/2014SC Prime is an unknown gem. If you don't know it's there, you're missing out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Very nice ambiance. Servers very knowledgeable of the menu. The food was delicious! Even the next days leftovers! Great for dinner with a friend. Or an intimate night out with the hubby. Absolutely satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Goodhappygarden1001Dined on 4/19/2014S C Prime was a very good place to go to celebrate my birthday. The food was really good. I had a wonderful lobster tail, my husband had a bone in rib eye steak. He loved it. Cooked perfect. Service was good, linen tablecloths, etc., very nice servers behind the bar, too. We will go again.Special Features:
- My wife and I had a wonderfulGENEDined on 4/5/2014My wife and I had a wonderful experience at SC Prime. The steaks were cooked to perfection, The baked potato was good and the Brussels sprouts were fair. Over all we had a great dinning experience.Special Features:
- Janet C.Janet117Dined on 4/5/2014The food was excellent, I would even say above par and the service was horrible. It took 10 minutes for anyone to even acknowledge our presence and that was because we had to flag the manager down. When our waitress came to the table she did not even introduce herself. She said are you ready! I asked about the specials and she only told us about 1 when there were several more that we heard the waiter next to us tell his table. My husband ordered the exact same thing that was one of the special items and she didn't even offer to adjust the bill. We were in a hurry to get to a show so we didn't make a big deal about it. She made no excuses for her actions just walked away. I would go back but differently not with her as a server.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurantSageDined on 4/2/2014We are locals and love trying new restaurants and this was our first time here. The food was very very good and the atmosphere was very nice. Service was superb. We will definitely be back. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable eveningSteveDined on 3/22/2014Good food. Good service. Good ambience. Friendly staff. Attentive. Not overbearing. We were a group of 6 that became 7. Staff handled it seamlessly, with no discomfort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambience, Stellar FoodboppityDined on 3/15/2014It's a cool place, a spacious and inviting rectangular dining room up an elevator from the Casino. There's a bar with 5 or 6 good-sized HDTV screens set on sports networks. The floor-to-ceiling window opposite the bar offers a view of the distant Strip. I went into the night with a strong, oft-neglected desire for bacon-wrapped scallops. SC Prime did not disappoint my buds(taste). It was a giant serving.. 4 individually-wrapped scallops, each served on a puck of mashed potatoes. Others at the table had Prime Rib, Lobster Bisque, and Chilean Sea Bass (the fish special of the night). All were pretty hefty portions, and there were zero complaints. The wine list is expansive. Mixed drinks weren't expensive (Tanqueray and Tonic, $6).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great evening...MichaelDined on 3/14/2014We had a wonderful time at SC Prime... Started off in the bar for Happy Hour a great value, and then moved to the dining room for an awesome meal and service. Highly recommend this place, the evening was enjoyed by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SC Primemoder8tionDined on 2/28/2014Great food every time! Our meat was cooked to perfection as ordered. Delicious warm bread with 3 different butters. Respectable sized glasses of wine. The sides were sized to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SC Prime - an excellent choice!Denovo51Dined on 2/28/2014I've been a customer since the old "Primo" days. The character has become more energetic from kind of stuffy, to a lot more trendy and fun with casual elegance. The bar scene was busy - it was Friday. See the bartender "Paul". He was attentive with a great personality, and you could tell he has a lot of regulars. At our table the service was quite good as well. The value of the menu is improved: a great prime rib complete dinner special for only $25. Try the lobster bisque with a puff pastry shell too. The regular menu all looked great too. During our dinner, the manager asked us more than once how we were enjoying ourselves, and Paul came to our table and invited us to come back and have dinner in the bar area. Overall: superb experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing - Will never return!TrishDined on 2/26/2014We had a 6:15 reservation and arrived 10 min early. The restaurant was empty but we still had to wait 10 minutes. 45 minutes after taking our order while those around us,seated after us were served, we inquired on our meal. 5 minutes later they brought our food..My prime rib was raw, my sisters tenderloin medalions were over cooked, brussel sprouts were sitting in a cream sauce which was cold and congealed. I sent my meat back twice as the 2nd time it was still raw. I ended up eating my meal alone as both my sister and my dad had finished their meals by the time mine finally arrived. They thought offering a free desert was the fix. We declined as we figured getting desert would take another hour. I would NEVER recommend them.