440 S. Broad St.
Philadelphia, PA 19146Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sbraga.com/
- Phone: 2157351913x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Sbraga
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Sbraga
Top Chef Kevin Sbraga's new restaurant located at 440 S. Broad Street is now open! The menu features a four course prix fixe tasting for $55.00. A la carte dining will be available at the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Sbraga - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Sbraga reviews from OpenTable diners
206 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (178)special occasion (140)hot spot (66)romantic (66)neighborhood gem (42)notable wine list (41)good for groups (20)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (10)scenic view (5)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- FairmontDined on 8/23/2014Had a wonderful time at Sbraga. Each course was terrific, especially notable were the foie gras soup and the brook trout. The service was impeccible. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great food and service!AlexHDined on 8/23/2014We went for dinner on Sat. 8/23/14 on a friend's recommendation and were not disappointed in the least. You're served fresh bread and the foie gras soup automatically and then choose the four courses you want from the menu. The cod was excellent (well, everything was) and our server was knowledgeable and attentive. We'll definitely return the next time we're in Philly. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gourmet experienceSal54VIPDined on 8/22/2014This was our first time visiting Sbraga. We were not aware the menu is se tip as a small plate presentation. Once we got the low down from our very good waiter we chose from the 4 categories. What a great experience we encountered. We started with a soup not on the menu that was included in the service. All I can say is unbelievable. Moved to our 1st course, eggplant for my wife, beef carpaccio for me, 2nd course gimelli pasta with escargot for my wife, bucatini with crab for me, 3rd an unbelievable roasted cod for my wife, lamb for me, 4th dessert roasted peaches with fresh ice cream and Sbraga coffee cake with fresh ice cream for me. All wonderful start to end. Great restaurant with great energy definitely worth trying. We will go back.Special Features:
- Good not greatDatenightfoodiesDined on 8/22/2014My gf and I went to Sbraga thinking we would receive an ultimate dining experience. We are foodies and try a new place every month. When we got there 15 minutes early they weren't ready to seat us. We were directed to the bar and ordered two "Sbraga punch". The bartender warned us it was sweet. He was right. I diluted it with water and chugged it. My gf struggled to finish hers. I ordered a beer afterwards. The bartender only charged us for one because he felt bad for us. We were seated 15 minutes late (not bad) and ordered the 4 course meal. The waitress was upset we had drinks from the bar. I felt bad and ordered another. Food felt pricey ($150 after tip) for what we got. We both felt it was average quality. Not iron chef winning quality.Special Features:
- Superlative dining experienceThomasDined on 8/21/2014From the first moment we sat down through the fois gra soup and the fish and lamb entries to dessert and individual coffee presses, the food was spectacular, the service was attentive and non-obtrusive and the wine list was impressive. It exceeded our expectations and was the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion--our son's beginning of his freshman year at the University of Pennsylvania.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sbraga!DelightedDined on 8/18/2014First time visit, went for our anniversary. The staff was great, the food quite good, cool décor (lots of repurposed wood on the walls). The foie gras soup has wonderful flavors and textures, and the entire dinner was really amazing. I'm sure we'll come back another time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic As AlwaysJBGrizzVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was our second time at Sbraga and the experience was just as wonderful as the first. The food is fantastic. A great place to go out for special occasions. The drink pairing is a great compliment to the wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Perfect portions !MiniPaxDined on 8/16/2014You can enjoy the food without feeling stuffed at the end. Four courses for $55/ per person is amazing and the quality of food was outstanding. I am from out of town and was so happy that we ended up here. Fantastic service.Special Features:
- WOWKoKoVIPDined on 8/16/2014Food was great, no better then great. Our server was knowledable and had a great sense of humor. Tables are close to each other but otherwise everything was perfect.Special Features:
- Great experience - start to finishPenndocDined on 8/16/2014We have been here several times and this visit did not disappoint. We had our same excellent server and thoroughly enjoyed the superb meal with the the drink pairings. I must give a special shout out to the bartender who made a concoction with Bourbon that really enhanced our experience. I am looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliscious!SimaDined on 8/15/2014On our first experience, an overall delight. Wonderful food, a well balanced variety of tastes and in just the right amount. We will definately be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014Top to bottom amazing experience. Food was exceptional, foie gras soup blew my mind, waitress was very knowledgeable and helpful when it came to allergens. Thank you for being part of a wonderful evening out with my fiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dining experienceconveryDined on 8/11/2014one set price for 4 course meal with dessert. Presentation of food was appealing. Food was wonderful to my palate. I had the carrot soup which was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dining ExperienceKC33NJVIPDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I are foodies and try many of the top restaurants around the US. The food was not only delicious, but it was the perfect portions. Starting with the roll and soup (which was probably my favorite since I would never in a million years order it), we only had very high hopes for the remaing courses. Sbraga did not disappoint. It was also great to actually see the top chef in the kitchen. How often do you ever see that?? Finally, the reason this restaurant made our top restaurant is the price. $55 a person for a 4 course meal plus roll and soup was a steal. We have dined at Ad Hoc (which was previously our favorite restaurant) but was also more pricey. Thank you Sbraga for a fantastic dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/9/2014Food was interesting and tasty. Gourmet and comfort at the same time! I love the scene. This restaurant crowd was amazingly diverse for Philadelphia! And I was pleasantly surprised by the openness of the crowd for being in Philadelphia too! I felt like I was in DC or NYC. Will definitely return. Worth coming back again and again for the atmosphere alone! Lovely experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Find in PhillyCnav57Dined on 8/9/2014Looked interesting from the outside driving by so, decided to check it out on Open Table. Nice feel to the inside, comfortable seating and nice decor. Four courses with or without wine pairings, chose a bottle from the list which has a nice selection. Very pleased overall, the foie gras soup is a great starter. Ended up with the Aged pork chop with chantrelle mushrooms. Excellent and worth the extra charge. Overall, a highly recommended spot for a romantic dinner, foodies would appreciate the prix fixe menu as the kitchen and staff do a great job.Special Features:
- best in phillyphillyfoodieDined on 8/8/2014Had a wonderful experience at Spraga. Great menu with good variety despite being prefixed. Would absolutely go back again!Special Features:
- All in All Great MealPhillyTicoDined on 8/8/2014I had the foie gras soup, beef tartar, pasta with escargot, lamb, and strawberry shortcake. Everything was good. The soup probably had the most interesting flavors. The beff tartar was unlike any other beef tartar i'd tasted since it had a jelly on it that made it taste like i was eating BBQ. Though interesting I'd prefer the basic beef tartar. This one felt like it was made for people who don't usually like it and need to be eased into eating it. The other dishes were good, but there was nothing mind blowing. I will note that my dinner companions had the bass and I had a bite; it may have been the most delicious piece of fish I've ever had (and I usually don't like fish).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Chef Commits MurderOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/8/2014A once good piece of sea bass rendered unrecognizable under a heavy, spicy paste; an entree advertised as spring lamb cooked to the consistency of jerky, then covered with an incredibly salty sauce -- these types of "inventive" dishes may win you points on Top Chef (where Sbraga's chef gained fame), but this is a crime against food. If you subscribe to the school of fresh local ingredients prepared carefully and simply to let the flavor shine through, eat elsewhere. I wish we had.
- stuartVIPDined on 8/8/2014QUITE SIMPLY THE MOST CREATIVE EXCITING DELICIOUS FOOD IN PHILADELPHIA ! If Sbraga were in New York City, it would cost $ 250 a pop and there would be a line out the door.....but luckily it is right here and very reasonably priced for the OUTSTANDING meal.Special Features:
- Outstanding as alwaysmbf6288VIPDined on 8/7/2014Another fantastic dinner. Did the NJ tasting. Food amazing. Chefs fun to talk to and so talented. GM Ben and servers provide outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best yet!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/7/2014One of the best meals we have had in the past year. Very creative. All four courses top notch!Special Features:
- FunArd12VIPDined on 8/5/2014Went out for my son's 16th birthday. He's a real foodie in training and enjoyed the whole experience. It was delicious but as was mentioned in other reviews a couple of the dishes tended to be a bit salty. We got there early so what was probably very good service was superb. The staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timejerseydinersDined on 8/2/2014This was our second visit. The food ,service ,staff, and overall experience ....just great. And our server knowing what beverages we enjoyed from our first visit,,a nice touch. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experience ever!MegankreDined on 8/2/2014I have to admit, I'm a huge fan of Top Chef, so when I decided to go to Kevin Spraga's restaurant I was a little nervous. You know what they say about meeting someone you idolize and being disappointed etc... Well I was far from that! It was the best dining experience of my life! The four course pre-fixed menu had selections so varied that every palate in our party was readily appreciative to tuck in. Everything was seasoned to perfection and course after course was an awaking of the taste buds. The final course, dessert left us leaving with full bellies and huge smiles on our faces. I can't wait to go back and will continue to recommend to all who can stand to hear me rave about SPRAGA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!phllyphoodieDined on 8/1/2014We ordered the wine flight with our four courses and I highly recommend the pairing. The food was artfully presented, flavorful and original. Very creative. A wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Service was perfect, food was goodDukeWimbergVIPDined on 8/1/2014The sevice at Sbraga was absolutely great. The bread and the soup there is the best I've actually ever had. Not to mention how great the cocktails are. The only issue I had and my girlfriend had was that both of our entrees were incredibly salty. They tasted great...minus how over salted both of them were. Dessert ruled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and delightful!JudgerhughesDined on 7/30/2014The food never disappoints at Sbraga's - always delicious The service can make you feel rushed. If you push back a little then you can have a comfortable dining experience but it is too expensive to feel rushed. The tables are too close so it is very noisy. Not good for romanance. But the most fun I have had is dining at the chef's table and watching the team prepare dinner. A very worth while experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top ShelfOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/28/2014Dining at Sbraga was one of our most memorable dining experiences, ever. Attractive décor, open kitchen, creative flavor and texture combinations, welcoming staff. We will return.Special Features:
- Great Tasting MenuredfredddDined on 7/26/2014Our meal at Sbraga was a memorable foodie night out. Starting with great martinis and rolling right into the wonderful popovers and foie gras soup. My wife and I selected very different tasting menus with the exception of the beef tartar. This was an incredibly rich and fantastic presentation to begin. Our next courses of crab bucatini and risotto with rabbit were cooked perfectly. The main entrees of sea bass and the lamb were excellent. The desserts were also great. We also saw several cheese plates passing by that looked great as well. The restaurant also provided my wife with a few wrapped biscotti and the menu signed by the staff for her birthday. I would highly recommend this spot for those with flavorful palettes.Special Features:
- Didn't disappoint!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/26/2014We had high expectations for this Top Chef restaurant and we weren't disappointed. I don't eat foie gras but the foie gras soup with popover at the start was incredible! Presentation and quality of food was wonderful. Only minor disappointment was dessert course - coffee cake wasn't "special" and the cheeses on cheese plate weren't either. But definitely a not to be missed experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2014The food, especially the main course dishes, was very saltySpecial Features:
- 30th BirthdayRunForBeerDined on 7/25/2014I surprised my wife to Sbraga for her 30th birthday and she loved it. It was exactly what she wanted. The food was amazing. She said it was the best meal she's had ever, and the server was great and very knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereDrCHillDined on 7/18/2014Service was good and the atmosphere was delightful. I loved the five-course options and my recommendations the Game Hen, Gruyere Popover (I love bread), and the Foie Gras Soup. Thanks Sbraga for helping me celebrate my birthday. I'll see you soon!I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMervinTheSheriffDined on 7/18/2014I've lived here most of my life and I had probably the best meal in Philadelphia at sbraga. Excellent food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe the best dinner everDBarolVIPDined on 7/18/2014Imaginative food cooked to perfection. Tight seating and noise level -- with odd music selection blaring overhead -- might suggest this is a neighborhood hangout, but every dish our table ordered was cooked to perfection, beautiful to gaze upon, tantalized, and thrilled our culinary senses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly a Top Chefdprod1Dined on 7/18/2014I ended up taking my wife here because I looked up Top Chef restaurants (with their web app) and realized the restaurant was that close (I live in the Lehigh Valley). The menu is a 4 course, everything we had was delicious everything different except the third course we shared the up priced dry aged pork for 2. Best food experience we've had since Craft and less expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous in Philly!FruitnVegDined on 7/14/2014The menu and overall dining experience at Sbraga was absolutely wonderful. Loved the Prix Fixe menu - it allows you to sample a bit of everything and the wine pairings were perfect. Love, love, love their signature dish - fois gras soup and gruyere popovers. Amazing! Many of the items had a slight bit of heat, which was superbly executed and not too much to make the dish "hot", just flavorful. Will definitely return when visiting Philadelphia in the future.Special Features:
- Ridiculously goodFalcon99VIPDined on 7/12/2014I've been to many top restaurants. The food here is just ridiculously good. Every course was amazing. I had the popover, foie gras soup, eggplant, rabbit risotto, brook trout and the peach dessert. Can't wait to go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!ljane66Dined on 7/12/2014Delicious food, and they tried to be very accommodating to my dietary concerns (no gluten or dairy). However, the next day I exhibited my classic symptoms of exposure, so I was exposed to something. I would say this is a fabulous restaurant, but if you have food allergies/sensitivities that go beyond something like nuts or shellfish, be wary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.