440 S. Broad St.
Philadelphia, PA 19146Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sbraga.com/
- Phone: 2157351913x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Sbraga
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Sbraga
Top Chef Kevin Sbraga's new restaurant located at 440 S. Broad Street is now open! The menu features a four course prix fixe tasting for $55.00. A la carte dining will be available at the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Sbraga - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Sbraga reviews from OpenTable diners
206 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (175)special occasion (136)romantic (77)hot spot (66)neighborhood gem (46)notable wine list (45)good for groups (20)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (9)scenic view (5)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- lhlbDined on 9/29/2014food and service are top notch. I wish it was a 3 course minimum not 4 since it is too much food for some of us but I highly recommend it. You can order differently at the bar but I enjoy sitting at a tableSpecial Features:
- The bestTortillaDined on 9/27/2014Everything was perfect, from quality and creativity of food to the outstanding service. Sbraga remains my favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personal touchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014We went for our anniversary and received a personal note from the chef. Chef Kevin was gracious in allowing us to thank him and his staff for the service. A fellow who knows how to treat people. Wait staff was friendly and engaging.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and servicetulstar1Dined on 9/27/2014This was our first time at Sbraga. Food was outstanding and the service was excellent. The bonus is parking right next door. The only negative was that the table set up had you packed in --- a little too tight. We had been to The Fat Ham (another Sbraga restaurant) a few months ago and the food was fantastic there, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Morgan826Dined on 9/27/2014$55 4-course price fix menu for dinner. Food was delicious, elegant and inventive. Staff was friendly and accommodating. I would highly recommend this restaurant. It was also refreshing to see such a diverse staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Romantic RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014My husband and I went to Spraga for our anniversary this year, and had a phenomenal experience. The service was impeccable, and timely. The took out order for the first three courses, and each came out shortly after we finished each course. The ambiance lends itself well to a romantic evening. Everything from the lighting, to the table setting, to the small green center piece, gave us a feeling of cool sophistication. The seasonal menus was delicious and superbly prepared. We will be returning to Sbraga!Special Features:
- Consistently goodJJPPVIPDined on 9/24/2014Second time dining there; the food is creative and well done. Only minor issues on the table (escargot lukewarm) and some dishes were amazing (spring lamb - very surprising). They kept the price reasonable; highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service ho-humfood10Dined on 9/24/2014Would like more options than being boxed in to one of two tasting menus. Food very good. Service lacking. Our server seemed apathetic. Also, at min. $55 pp food alone, plus drinks, it can get expensiveSpecial Features:
- Amazing!gibburnzDined on 9/24/2014Bartender was awesome and the food was fabulous. Definitely going to make a round two trip there soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jazzyDined on 9/20/2014I was very impressed by the service, the presentation, and most importantly, the food. My date and I could enjoy our conversation without the tables on either side of us hearing us. I was afraid at first that the 4 course menu portions might not be enough food but I walked away full! the Foie Gras soup was perfection. We decided to "upgrade" our menu picks to the duck entrée. Definitely worth the $30 upcharge. The Pear Tarte Tatin was delicious. Definitely worth a visit. I look forward to going back! Only complaint, we were a late reservation and sat near the kitchen which began to break down after service while we were having coffee and dessert. Felt a little rushed.Special Features:
- Nom nomyaytevasVIPDined on 9/19/2014Awesome truffle popover and unexpectedly interesting foie gras soup. Modern/hip space. Highlight was probably blue crab bucatini - the sauce was so fresh and wonderful tasting. Ended with the cheese plate - the jams/accompaniments were great though I wasn't totally sold on the pairings.Special Features:
- What an experience!!!SeptadinerDined on 9/19/2014We had an outstanding dinner at Spraga this past Friday evening. A four course prix fixe extravaganza, that started with a taste of Fois Gras soup and ended with the most delectable tart I've ever had. I knew we were in for a fantastic experience when, who do we see eating at the bar, but no other than George Perrier! Each course was a small plate of mind blowing tastes. The chicken that was served as the main, had a wonderful aroma of cumin and rosemary. The taste has to be tried, there's no way to describe it in the right words. This is a restaurant that I will be going to at least once each season as the menu changes. Superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodbye Philadelphia dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014I chose Sbraga for my last dinner with friends in Philadelphia. I was absolutely blown away with the food and drinks: presentation and taste. Also, the owner and staff were so nice to me and my party. How I wish I were staying in Philadelphia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marymDined on 9/16/2014Great meal!Exquisite flavors, clearly thoughtlfully designed and prepared. Excellent service. A wonderful and satisfying experience- thank you!Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/15/2014Wonderful restaurant. The Italian dressing on the Antipasta salad was not your typical dressing. It was full of flavor and somewhat spicy. The game hen entree was fantastic. Overall the food was delicious and I can't wait to return.Special Features:
- The perfect experiencenomX3Dined on 9/13/2014There was not only not one flaw in my dining experience, but my girlfriend and I are convinced that it could not have been a better dining experience. There was zero room for improvement in any area. It is important to note that I am not just talking about a dish or the food. Everything. From decor to service and of course including the food, it was the best food experience we have ever had, and we both well traveled and well versed. We each made it a point to choose different options for each course (minus both selecting the tartar) and couldn't have been happier with each dish. We are looking forward to the season/menu change to go back and eat here again. This was quite literally the perfect dining experience.Special Features:
- Amazing!WeezeeJonzDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I came in for a 5:30 PM dinner. We had such an enjoyable evening and dining experience! Our waiter was knowledgeable and helpful. The food quality was spectacular. The entire experience was delightful.Special Features:
- Worth ExperiencingCequ23Dined on 9/12/2014Definitely worth experiencing at least once. The first four courses and the drinks were worth the hype the deserts could have been betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sbraga-spot onLjmcDined on 9/12/2014This place is a Wow on every front!we did the wine pairings with our dinner selections and was well worth the extra $-- really makes the selections shine even more!Special Features:
- Absolutely Topnotch!dwgrouchoDined on 9/12/2014As GREAT as the food and the ambiance was(both of which were superior and unforgettable) the service is what will stand out and bring me back. Supremely well prepare, polite and attentive and genuinely friendly. Many other restaurants could take a lesson!! I would also point out that I was pleasantly surprised when the check arrived - not nearly as expensive as I expected particularly when you factor in the incredibly high level of the cooking and ingredients. Truly a superb meal - THANK YOU!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frenchVIPDined on 9/12/2014Overall disappointing given the reviews we read. Best were the popovers and foie gras soup at the beginning of the meal. Service was gracious and attentive. One of us had a pretty good meal (not great); the other, so-so to poor. If you like lamb don't order their lamb, which is prepared in a way that leaves is very dry and "stringy" (unless you like it that way). The server did offer to replace the lamb dish but that just seemed like a waste.
- AlbdamnDined on 9/11/2014Food, service .. Amazing! A foodies' dream .. the creativity behind each course is wonderful.. Truly an experience!Special Features:
- consistently great3ltripleDined on 9/9/2014Expensive but worth it. Five star experience all the way around Superb staff knowledgable. Not quite somlier was excellent as was our waiter. Food was exceptionable.Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerkinborDined on 9/8/2014My boyfriend and I made a last minute reservation when we arrived in from Boston. We got a great table over-looking the open kitchen, which is like dinner and a show all in one. We were celebrating my birthday and there was a birthday card from the staff on the table when we sat down. Our server was a little awkward and not that interactive with us. When we were ready to order wine, we spoke with the manager who kindly came over to our table with three different bottles that she thought would go well with our food choices. She really helped guide our dining experience. The food, itself, was incredible. Every bite was full of an array of flavors and textures and simply fantastic! We left with a birthday bag from the staff -- so kind!Special Features:
- Delightful DinneryoloDined on 9/8/2014The four course tasting menu was everything our party of four could have wanted. It was well worth the price of $55 pp., I tried foods I normally would never have tried - but I suppose that is one of the purposes of a tasting menu. The service was spot-on. The only hiccup was when our waiter twice suggested a wine that was more than $20 plus over the price range I had given him. Once I told him I was not pleased about this, he did everything possible to get in my good graces again...and he did. Spraga is a wonderful place to take special friends or celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2014Great meal, great price. This place is a must visit. Fois gras soup fantastic! Crudo was melt in your mouth. The other dishes were flavorful, well prepared, and beautiful on the plate. The desserts were only ordinary.Special Features:
- 5 Star ExperienceDinerVIPDined on 9/4/2014Sbraga truly provides a high level experience. The staff is professional and welcoming..no stiffness here... they exude casual confidence. The mixed drinks....sublime from the classics to the creatives. The prixe fixe menu makes it easy to not have to decide between two dishes...go ahead have all 4 courses. Wine pairings were expertly recommended. We ate the famous pop overs with triffle butter, soup, steak tartare, game hen, lamb and more..each a delight. Thank you! We had a blast.Special Features:
- Wonderful!!JustOurOpinionDined on 9/2/2014Kevin Sbraga, a Top Chef winner, is certainly that! The food was delicious, the service was great and my drink was yummy. Can't wait to try his other restaurant, The Fat Ham. Supposedly Sbraga's menu is a "tasting menu." My husband and I wondered what a full portion would be as we were pleasantly full by the time we had our desserts. Kudos to everyone at Sbraga!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealsuthersVIPDined on 8/30/2014We were in Philly for the day and luckily managed to get a reso. Food was amazing, every course better and better. There was a bit of a mess-up with one of the courses but both FOH & BOH did everything to ensure we left very happy. If we are back we would DEFO go againSpecial Features:
- Overall-DisappointingGracelynne13Dined on 8/30/2014Food- the fois gras soup, rabbit risotto and escargot gemelli pasta were excellent. The fluke was overpowered by the jalapeño; tartar was a little heavy, but still flavorful; and the lamb dish was bitter from the burned bits of meat. Service- although our service was friendly enough, the servers affect and manner of speaking would be better suited at the local diner. At a higher end restaurant, I expect the service to be more polished. The bussers attempted to remove our plates and wine glasses before we finished. The servers description of the food and wine were painful to listen to- inordinate number of adjectives but no real description. The chef warmly greeted the well-to-so couple next to us but ignored the rest of the patrons.Special Features:
- High End ValueColintheChefDined on 8/30/2014Four courses plus amuse for less than $60, around $100 with the beverage pairing, what a value Creative seasonal food done with classic technique, never fails to impress. I really like Sbraga. The delicious tomato and peach salad, beautiful angeiloti with shrimp, striped bass with corn and hush puppies, and a delicious hazelnut semi feddo I had on my last visit were all exceptional, all executed well and served by a team who knows their job. Ben Fellicia runs the front of house with passion and care......you have to go!! Kevin Sbraga's flagship outlet has become one of Philadelphia's MUST visit dining destinations. A stones throw from the Kimmel Center its location is perfect for pre theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- redhoarseVIPDined on 8/30/2014Extraordinary restaurant. Food, service, atmosphere. A true gem.Special Features:
- amazingphillydinerDined on 8/29/2014We finally tried Sbraga and it was better than we thought. Excellent food and service. Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairmontDined on 8/23/2014Had a wonderful time at Sbraga. Each course was terrific, especially notable were the foie gras soup and the brook trout. The service was impeccible. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great food and service!AlexHDined on 8/23/2014We went for dinner on Sat. 8/23/14 on a friend's recommendation and were not disappointed in the least. You're served fresh bread and the foie gras soup automatically and then choose the four courses you want from the menu. The cod was excellent (well, everything was) and our server was knowledgeable and attentive. We'll definitely return the next time we're in Philly. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gourmet experienceSal54VIPDined on 8/22/2014This was our first time visiting Sbraga. We were not aware the menu is se tip as a small plate presentation. Once we got the low down from our very good waiter we chose from the 4 categories. What a great experience we encountered. We started with a soup not on the menu that was included in the service. All I can say is unbelievable. Moved to our 1st course, eggplant for my wife, beef carpaccio for me, 2nd course gimelli pasta with escargot for my wife, bucatini with crab for me, 3rd an unbelievable roasted cod for my wife, lamb for me, 4th dessert roasted peaches with fresh ice cream and Sbraga coffee cake with fresh ice cream for me. All wonderful start to end. Great restaurant with great energy definitely worth trying. We will go back.Special Features:
- Good not greatDatenightfoodiesDined on 8/22/2014My gf and I went to Sbraga thinking we would receive an ultimate dining experience. We are foodies and try a new place every month. When we got there 15 minutes early they weren't ready to seat us. We were directed to the bar and ordered two "Sbraga punch". The bartender warned us it was sweet. He was right. I diluted it with water and chugged it. My gf struggled to finish hers. I ordered a beer afterwards. The bartender only charged us for one because he felt bad for us. We were seated 15 minutes late (not bad) and ordered the 4 course meal. The waitress was upset we had drinks from the bar. I felt bad and ordered another. Food felt pricey ($150 after tip) for what we got. We both felt it was average quality. Not iron chef winning quality.Special Features:
- Superlative dining experienceThomasDined on 8/21/2014From the first moment we sat down through the fois gra soup and the fish and lamb entries to dessert and individual coffee presses, the food was spectacular, the service was attentive and non-obtrusive and the wine list was impressive. It exceeded our expectations and was the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion--our son's beginning of his freshman year at the University of Pennsylvania.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sbraga!DelightedDined on 8/18/2014First time visit, went for our anniversary. The staff was great, the food quite good, cool décor (lots of repurposed wood on the walls). The foie gras soup has wonderful flavors and textures, and the entire dinner was really amazing. I'm sure we'll come back another time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic As AlwaysJBGrizzVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was our second time at Sbraga and the experience was just as wonderful as the first. The food is fantastic. A great place to go out for special occasions. The drink pairing is a great compliment to the wonderful meal.Special Features: