440 S. Broad St.
Philadelphia, PA 19146Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sbraga.com/
- Phone: (215) 735-1913
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Sbraga
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Sbraga
Top Chef Kevin Sbraga's new restaurant located at 440 S. Broad Street is now open! The menu features a four course prix fixe tasting for $55.00. A la carte dining will be available at the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Sbraga - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Sbraga reviews from OpenTable diners
229 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (203)special occasion (149)romantic (82)hot spot (80)neighborhood gem (55)notable wine list (49)good for groups (33)vibrant bar scene (25)late-night find (7)scenic view (5)great for lunch (3)Show More
- CDavisVIPDined on 11/17/2014Oswaldo our server made the night extremely special. He was attentive, and kind. The only thing that out shined him was the food. The food was some of the best we've had in Philadelphia, and we look forward to returning more and more! Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!FunFoodieVIPDined on 11/15/2014Phenomenal! Ask for ylli! Everything was amazing! You won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/15/2014Outstanding. Best restaurant ever and I've eaten in some of the best restaurants in Philly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stuartVIPDined on 11/15/2014Still the most creative outstanding food in Philadelphia, with service to match. .No one in Phialdelphia is better at creating exciting , interestng, delicious food more than Kevin Sbraga. A simple parsnip in barbacue becomes a gourmet treat of taste and excitment. His organization of Ben as Management in charge makes for an extremely well run dining pleasure.Dawn, our server, was the best of any meal anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would Not RepeatmarshallinphiladephiaVIPDined on 11/15/2014The waiter, impatient and imperious, acted as though he were doing us a favor by taking our order and providing us with nourishment. I'm sure the food is appealing to many, but I found it almost inedible. Also, I think the server/waiter should prepare one if the food is as hot/spicy as it is. The foie gras soup would have have been almost all right, but the aftershock of the spices was unrelenting for hours after dinner was merely an unpleasant memory. The drinks and the dessert were fine.Special Features:
- Fabulous!!!Philly95VIPDined on 11/14/2014What a great find! The four course prefix menu had wonderful options and was reasonably priced. The wine pairing were a perfect add. The food and service were great. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Complex tastesMonjaDined on 11/14/2014A lot of, "Wow, that's different". Different in a very good way. The staff was attentive and determined to make our dining experience one to remember. The food was rich and full of flavors, from the first course through dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting place, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/14/2014The food is very good. However, it's all prepped ahead which is great if you are trying to catch a show. Otherwise, it sort of felt like a cafeteria with table service. Don't get me wrong the food is wonderful and the staff is great but the pace of service had a feeling of more fast food than fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fixed price fun!JerseygirlfromCHVIPDined on 11/13/2014I liked Sbraga. Delicious inventive cocktails and a reasonable wine list is always a plus. The service was great. The Yorkshire pudding-like rolls and the fois gras soup were outstanding. As for the courses they were a little more hit and miss. The rabbit rigatoni was my favorite. We also had the eggplant terrine, beef carpaccio, wild mushrooms, and tile fish, all of which were good, but could have been better. The desserts need improvement. Cold soggy crust on the tart and a s'more that needs some more thought. How about making a thick roasted sweet potato chip to replace the graham cracker instead of the mushy purée? Just a suggestion, but it was a nice meal all in all. Thanks Sbraga!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor serviceDisappointedDined on 11/11/2014Food and ambience was outrageously good, ambiance terrific. Poor and aloof service.Special Features:
- Before the Kimmel Center dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/10/2014We had a table of 6. We all loved the food. Each course was delicious and interesting. We only had one problem. We told them ahead of time more than once that we had a lecture at the Kimmel Center at 8. They told us it would be no problem. The dessert came too late even though we ordered it when we ordered the other 3 courses. The timing of the other 3 courses was great but they fell down when the dessert came after we paid the bill. They made no attempt to apologize. My husband and I will return but hope the next visit will end more satisfactorily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect evening for the symphonyboxcajaDined on 11/1/2014Our first visit to hear the Philadelphia orchestra and the restaurant could not have been more perfect as an overture to the Kimmel Center. Extraordinary meal, terrific seasonings. A foie gras soup with thai chille as amuse bouche WOW! and Tilefish to die for. Portions could have been a little larger, but WTF it's a tasting menu, and didn't put us to sleep during the concert . Wine list could also be a little longer and less pricey. But these were minor issues compared the food; delicious and memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner at SbragaBrooklynJoVIPDined on 10/31/2014Had dinner at Sbraga to celebrate my husband's birthday. It was our first visit there, and it lived up to all our expectations. Every course of the 4-course prix fixe was inventive, unusual, and delicious! The Gruyere/truffle popovers and foie gras soup that came first were sensational! Our waiter was professional and helpful and made us feel very welcome. We really liked the warm unpretentious ambience of the restaurant, as well as the personal touches like the hand-signed birthday card from Kevin S. at our table when we arrived, and the little gift package of macarons and a card signed by the entire staff when we departed. Thank you, Sbraga, for making my husband's birthday such a memorable occasion. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not as good as it used 2BlorrainemdVIPDined on 10/30/2014We dined here a few months after it opened and were blown away. It has been a while, but my husband and 2 friends, were all less than impressed. Everything was good, but seemed heavy and sometimes a little off. 3 of us ordered the game hen and were very surpised to get what seemed like friend chicken. Though it was good, it was heavy and certainly not what we were expecting. 2 people got the escargot and said it was lacking salt. I can't help but wonder if it was because Kevin Sbraga is no longer in the kitchen. Ahh....the conundrum of the rising star. Service was decent. It was quite loud. The interior is lovely and modern.Special Features:
- Inventive flavors, great atmosphereAKB0621Dined on 10/29/2014The small four-course menu (really five-how can you discount the complimentary popover and foie gras soup?) belies the tremendous variety of flavors offered. Sit at the chef's counter and watch the food prep, but beware, you will want every dish on the menu. The escargots were incredible and the game hen offered bold flavors in the most moist, crunchy-good fried chicken package you ever had. Every piece of salmon served looked like perfection, and the dry aged duck was beautiful. Small portions mean a lovely evening of satisfying variety without feeling stuffed to the gills when the scrumptious whiskey-sauced pear tart comes around! Impeccable, friendly service.Special Features:
- Always interesting dishesVinsMomVIPDined on 10/28/2014Dinner was great. We had the dry aged duck and it was excellent.Special Features:
- Wow!DiningDocVIPDined on 10/25/2014We've been here several times and it keeps getting better. It was hard to choose between all the wonderful offerings this weekend, but none of the 12 different dishes we sampled disappointed. Outstanding food, interesting wine pairings, an exciting vibe - this place has it all. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a showKittyDined on 10/25/2014Our experience was, overall, excellent. We had an early reservation and were lucky to be seated at the chef's counter. It was fascinating to watch seven chefs working together in such a small space, yet seamlessly. The drinks were excellent in quality: I had an Old-fashioned which I loved. The gougere and foie gras soup were great, and an added bonus. I had escargot, carrot rotini with crispy duck, a meltingly soft veal shoulder with a fried sweetbread (so delicious!) and the pear tarte. All wonderful! My husband enjoyed his selections as well. It is clear the menu changes seasonally, which will be a good excuse to come back in the future after our Wilma theater plays! I highly recommend, and look forward to trying his other places.Special Features:
- a123VIPDined on 10/24/2014Loved restaurant. be warned that noise level is extreme..but it was a Friday night..Next time during the week. The food and service are flawlessSpecial Features:
- Top 5 dinnersTriedThemAllDined on 10/23/2014I knew the food was going to be good but it exceeded my expectations. With that said you will pay for it but if so inclined it is well worth the price of admission. Get the beverage pairing too. Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 10/20/2014Food was fantastic. 4 course tasting menu. Every course was delicious. Good choices for all the course selections. Definitely coming back!!Special Features:
- Best meal I've had in PhillyKethleyVIPDined on 10/20/2014I found this place by accident, my cabbie got lost on the way to the hotel and I decided to check it out later. The food was phenomenonal! The wine was, however very lackluster. But the food and service made up for the wines' shortcomings. The Gruyere turnover has to be the best thing I've eaten in quite a while. From that the foie gras soup was very warm and hearty. Then the carpaccio with salty capers were light and fresh. Next the wild mushroom risotto was so earthy and creamy, that, even though I'm not a mushroom guy, I ate every bite. The veal shoulder was cooked perfectly as to just fall apart with the fork. The last course was a semifreddo that was the perfect sweetness. I highly recommend sbraga!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfullindampDined on 10/18/2014Fabulous all around. Service and atmosphere were top knotch sided with creative, inspiring, dishes. Each dish was delicious and the presentation beautiful. I love when flavors explode in your mouth. The textures and flavor combinations were spot on. I'll be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014The food was amazing. The service was outstanding. Everything was top notch from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a treatfoodieDined on 10/17/2014Fabulous food and exceptional service. The only problem is making up your mind what to order, the choices are so interesting and delicious. From the popovers right through to the dessert (I still dream about a lemon with blueberry one I had 2 years ago) each course is a unique blend of flavors that are perfect together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expected!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/17/2014All I knew about Sbraga was that it was the first restaurant of a guy who won a cooking reality show. But the reviews indicated it was a legitimately good establishment, and my first experience there supported those claims as well. The service was excellent (the host was a tad overly formal and polite, but I guess some people like that) and the food was fantastic. Our party did not know it was a set price tasting menu ($55 for four courses) but we got to choose each dish from four options in each course. The Gruyere popover that we were served when we sat down was to die for. Most of our party chose what our waiter recommended since we really didn't know what to eat. Each course was pretty small (think tapas size) but we were full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't MissFoodieFriendDined on 10/16/2014The only four course meal where I've loved every dish. Kevin Sbraga is a good person, a good chef, and a good host. The perfect balance of upscale cuisine that's also comforting and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/16/2014As usual, a great great dining experience at Sbraga. Our good, drinks and waiter were terrific. Only snafu was that fact that they did not have my reservation. This is despite repeated emails reminding me and a confirmation call that I returned. Hmmm? Luckily they were able to seat us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sbraga Star shines on the Avenue...NinettaVIPDined on 10/16/2014New friends mean that I need to share the Sbraga experience with them... and if they are foodies, a visit is a must! Dinner with first-time diners helps me re-discover the delights of Chef Sbraga's cuisine, from the now iconic gruyere popover and foie gras soup which precedes every meal, to the escargot (I order it every time despite best intentions to try other first courses) to the saffron bucatini with blue crab and delightful red sauce accented with chilies, to the golden tile fish and hush puppies…and desserts! My friends loved the ambiance and enjoyed antipasto salad, the crudo, wild mushroom risotto and the crispy game hen--not to mention raves about the sweet potato s'mores from the dessert expert among us. Outstanding service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Dining ExperienceAmayesingDined on 10/16/2014We expected a lot at Sbrago because of its renowned owner...but our expectations were truly exceeded! There were 4 courses at a reasonable fixed price, and each course selection was unique, presented artfully, tasty, and represented the flavors of the season. I won't describe the menu that I along with our guests selected as that might ruin the wonderful surprises. Suffice is to say, it was well worth the effort, and is a gem in the growing Ave. of the Arts area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service I've hadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Amazing service that accommodates for all of your wants and needs. Food was also very good. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/14/2014Innovative; absolutely fantastic... I wanted to return the second night in PHL!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/14/2014This was our third time, I didn't think that the food could get any better then the then the first two times, but it was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just wowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014We ate at the kitchen counter and had the pleasure of watching Chef finish off all of the wonderful dishes that came out. The food was some of the best that I have had in this city in a while. The service was remarkable. The woman working expo was fantastic at her job. All of the chefs took great care with all of the food that they touched.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bold FlavorsGlutenousMaximusDined on 10/10/2014Everything is an explosion of flavor! Loved the gruyere popovers, which miraculously matched every dish. Service was perfectly timed, especially if they know you're going to a show afterwards. Order the wine pairing for some surprising taste combinations.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014I have a running list of places I want to dine at in Philly - usually created from my frequent Internet searching and reviews in the Philadelphia magazine. Sbraga was one of them and our meal did not disappoint. The service was excellent! The hosts greeted us by opening the door and checking our coats and was kind enough to seat us where we requested (an advantage of arriving for an early dinner). The options on the prix fix menu were sufficiently varied to accommodate various interests. The menu was also appropriately chosen for the cool fall weather. Each course was the perfect serving size - we left feeling full but not stuffed! I also had the pleasure of meeting Chef Sbraga. All in all, a delicious meal and awesome experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014Excellent food. Will choose the matching wine package the next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have done our researchGallaFoodieVIPDined on 10/9/2014We had an out-of-town friend as a guest. Have always wanted to try Sbraga -- both of us are foodies. The menu is prix fixe and we did not realize. The soup is foie gras - which none of us wanted since one is a veg,and the others protest because of animal rights. the waiter seemed annoyed that we did not want it, and offered carrot as an alternative -- which we took happily. Also seemed annoyed when we asked questions about the menu. Treated us like we did not know our food! Portions are super small and expensive for the "experience." Will go back to the bar but not for dinner. Sad. Was very excited to try this restaurant.Special Features:
- Small platesDocphilDined on 10/9/2014The chef has scored a winner. Unique combinations of rare foods into delectable and managable portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Inventive!people7000VIPDined on 10/9/2014We have eaten at Sbraga many times and we have always left happy. We count on new tastes and beautifully presented meals and of course, the best popovers in town. Its location one block from the Kimmel is great.Special Features: