440 S. Broad St.
Philadelphia, PA 19146Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sbraga.com/
- Phone: 2157351913x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Sbraga
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Sbraga
Top Chef Kevin Sbraga's new restaurant located at 440 S. Broad Street is now open! The menu features a four course prix fixe tasting for $55.00. A la carte dining will be available at the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Sbraga - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Sbraga reviews from OpenTable diners
214 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (187)special occasion (142)romantic (81)hot spot (70)neighborhood gem (53)notable wine list (49)good for groups (28)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (8)scenic view (4)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 10/20/2014Food was fantastic. 4 course tasting menu. Every course was delicious. Good choices for all the course selections. Definitely coming back!!Special Features:
- Best meal I've had in PhillyKethleyVIPDined on 10/20/2014I found this place by accident, my cabbie got lost on the way to the hotel and I decided to check it out later. The food was phenomenonal! The wine was, however very lackluster. But the food and service made up for the wines' shortcomings. The Gruyere turnover has to be the best thing I've eaten in quite a while. From that the foie gras soup was very warm and hearty. Then the carpaccio with salty capers were light and fresh. Next the wild mushroom risotto was so earthy and creamy, that, even though I'm not a mushroom guy, I ate every bite. The veal shoulder was cooked perfectly as to just fall apart with the fork. The last course was a semifreddo that was the perfect sweetness. I highly recommend sbraga!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfullindampDined on 10/18/2014Fabulous all around. Service and atmosphere were top knotch sided with creative, inspiring, dishes. Each dish was delicious and the presentation beautiful. I love when flavors explode in your mouth. The textures and flavor combinations were spot on. I'll be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014The food was amazing. The service was outstanding. Everything was top notch from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a treatfoodieDined on 10/17/2014Fabulous food and exceptional service. The only problem is making up your mind what to order, the choices are so interesting and delicious. From the popovers right through to the dessert (I still dream about a lemon with blueberry one I had 2 years ago) each course is a unique blend of flavors that are perfect together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expected!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/17/2014All I knew about Sbraga was that it was the first restaurant of a guy who won a cooking reality show. But the reviews indicated it was a legitimately good establishment, and my first experience there supported those claims as well. The service was excellent (the host was a tad overly formal and polite, but I guess some people like that) and the food was fantastic. Our party did not know it was a set price tasting menu ($55 for four courses) but we got to choose each dish from four options in each course. The Gruyere popover that we were served when we sat down was to die for. Most of our party chose what our waiter recommended since we really didn't know what to eat. Each course was pretty small (think tapas size) but we were full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't MissFoodieFriendDined on 10/16/2014The only four course meal where I've loved every dish. Kevin Sbraga is a good person, a good chef, and a good host. The perfect balance of upscale cuisine that's also comforting and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/16/2014As usual, a great great dining experience at Sbraga. Our good, drinks and waiter were terrific. Only snafu was that fact that they did not have my reservation. This is despite repeated emails reminding me and a confirmation call that I returned. Hmmm? Luckily they were able to seat us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sbraga Star shines on the Avenue...NinettaVIPDined on 10/16/2014New friends mean that I need to share the Sbraga experience with them... and if they are foodies, a visit is a must! Dinner with first-time diners helps me re-discover the delights of Chef Sbraga's cuisine, from the now iconic gruyere popover and foie gras soup which precedes every meal, to the escargot (I order it every time despite best intentions to try other first courses) to the saffron bucatini with blue crab and delightful red sauce accented with chilies, to the golden tile fish and hush puppies…and desserts! My friends loved the ambiance and enjoyed antipasto salad, the crudo, wild mushroom risotto and the crispy game hen--not to mention raves about the sweet potato s'mores from the dessert expert among us. Outstanding service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Dining ExperienceAmayesingDined on 10/16/2014We expected a lot at Sbrago because of its renowned owner...but our expectations were truly exceeded! There were 4 courses at a reasonable fixed price, and each course selection was unique, presented artfully, tasty, and represented the flavors of the season. I won't describe the menu that I along with our guests selected as that might ruin the wonderful surprises. Suffice is to say, it was well worth the effort, and is a gem in the growing Ave. of the Arts area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service I've hadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Amazing service that accommodates for all of your wants and needs. Food was also very good. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/14/2014Innovative; absolutely fantastic... I wanted to return the second night in PHL!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/14/2014This was our third time, I didn't think that the food could get any better then the then the first two times, but it was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just wowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014We ate at the kitchen counter and had the pleasure of watching Chef finish off all of the wonderful dishes that came out. The food was some of the best that I have had in this city in a while. The service was remarkable. The woman working expo was fantastic at her job. All of the chefs took great care with all of the food that they touched.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bold FlavorsGlutenousMaximusDined on 10/10/2014Everything is an explosion of flavor! Loved the gruyere popovers, which miraculously matched every dish. Service was perfectly timed, especially if they know you're going to a show afterwards. Order the wine pairing for some surprising taste combinations.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014I have a running list of places I want to dine at in Philly - usually created from my frequent Internet searching and reviews in the Philadelphia magazine. Sbraga was one of them and our meal did not disappoint. The service was excellent! The hosts greeted us by opening the door and checking our coats and was kind enough to seat us where we requested (an advantage of arriving for an early dinner). The options on the prix fix menu were sufficiently varied to accommodate various interests. The menu was also appropriately chosen for the cool fall weather. Each course was the perfect serving size - we left feeling full but not stuffed! I also had the pleasure of meeting Chef Sbraga. All in all, a delicious meal and awesome experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014Excellent food. Will choose the matching wine package the next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have done our researchGallaFoodieVIPDined on 10/9/2014We had an out-of-town friend as a guest. Have always wanted to try Sbraga -- both of us are foodies. The menu is prix fixe and we did not realize. The soup is foie gras - which none of us wanted since one is a veg,and the others protest because of animal rights. the waiter seemed annoyed that we did not want it, and offered carrot as an alternative -- which we took happily. Also seemed annoyed when we asked questions about the menu. Treated us like we did not know our food! Portions are super small and expensive for the "experience." Will go back to the bar but not for dinner. Sad. Was very excited to try this restaurant.Special Features:
- Small platesDocphilDined on 10/9/2014The chef has scored a winner. Unique combinations of rare foods into delectable and managable portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Inventive!people7000VIPDined on 10/9/2014We have eaten at Sbraga many times and we have always left happy. We count on new tastes and beautifully presented meals and of course, the best popovers in town. Its location one block from the Kimmel is great.Special Features:
- A foodie findGoodeaterVIPDined on 10/8/2014Superb and imaginative food great service good valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/3/2014Food was amazing...service attentive. Would definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really wanted to like it...RcpaDined on 10/3/2014but to be honest they are trying too hard with their food. I am big believer in small menus with character and a willingness to experiment. The simple pre-fixe approach is wonderful, unfortunately each dish was so forward in extreme flavors that at the end it felt as if my mouth had been abused by vinegar and chillies. So many of the dishes were over spiced, too exposed to contrasting extremes of sour, acid, salt, spice, that the actual food was lost. Keep the experimentation, but let the quality ingredients you have come through. Wine list was ok- high quality just limited choice. Service was wonderful, prompt, helpful, and polite. Seemed pleased to have us dine with them.Special Features:
- lhlbDined on 9/29/2014food and service are top notch. I wish it was a 3 course minimum not 4 since it is too much food for some of us but I highly recommend it. You can order differently at the bar but I enjoy sitting at a tableSpecial Features:
- The bestTortillaDined on 9/27/2014Everything was perfect, from quality and creativity of food to the outstanding service. Sbraga remains my favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personal touchhappyhubbyDined on 9/27/2014We went for our anniversary and received a personal note from the chef. Chef Kevin was gracious in allowing us to thank him and his staff for the service. A fellow who knows how to treat people. Wait staff was friendly and engaging.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and servicetulstar1Dined on 9/27/2014This was our first time at Sbraga. Food was outstanding and the service was excellent. The bonus is parking right next door. The only negative was that the table set up had you packed in --- a little too tight. We had been to The Fat Ham (another Sbraga restaurant) a few months ago and the food was fantastic there, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Morgan826Dined on 9/27/2014$55 4-course price fix menu for dinner. Food was delicious, elegant and inventive. Staff was friendly and accommodating. I would highly recommend this restaurant. It was also refreshing to see such a diverse staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Romantic RestaurantthefrustratedfoodieDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I went to Spraga for our anniversary this year, and had a phenomenal experience. The service was impeccable, and timely. The took out order for the first three courses, and each came out shortly after we finished each course. The ambiance lends itself well to a romantic evening. Everything from the lighting, to the table setting, to the small green center piece, gave us a feeling of cool sophistication. The seasonal menus was delicious and superbly prepared. We will be returning to Sbraga!Special Features:
- Consistently goodJJPPVIPDined on 9/24/2014Second time dining there; the food is creative and well done. Only minor issues on the table (escargot lukewarm) and some dishes were amazing (spring lamb - very surprising). They kept the price reasonable; highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service ho-humfood10Dined on 9/24/2014Would like more options than being boxed in to one of two tasting menus. Food very good. Service lacking. Our server seemed apathetic. Also, at min. $55 pp food alone, plus drinks, it can get expensiveSpecial Features:
- Amazing!gibburnzDined on 9/24/2014Bartender was awesome and the food was fabulous. Definitely going to make a round two trip there soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jazzyDined on 9/20/2014I was very impressed by the service, the presentation, and most importantly, the food. My date and I could enjoy our conversation without the tables on either side of us hearing us. I was afraid at first that the 4 course menu portions might not be enough food but I walked away full! the Foie Gras soup was perfection. We decided to "upgrade" our menu picks to the duck entrée. Definitely worth the $30 upcharge. The Pear Tarte Tatin was delicious. Definitely worth a visit. I look forward to going back! Only complaint, we were a late reservation and sat near the kitchen which began to break down after service while we were having coffee and dessert. Felt a little rushed.Special Features:
- Nom nomyaytevasVIPDined on 9/19/2014Awesome truffle popover and unexpectedly interesting foie gras soup. Modern/hip space. Highlight was probably blue crab bucatini - the sauce was so fresh and wonderful tasting. Ended with the cheese plate - the jams/accompaniments were great though I wasn't totally sold on the pairings.Special Features:
- What an experience!!!SeptadinerDined on 9/19/2014We had an outstanding dinner at Spraga this past Friday evening. A four course prix fixe extravaganza, that started with a taste of Fois Gras soup and ended with the most delectable tart I've ever had. I knew we were in for a fantastic experience when, who do we see eating at the bar, but no other than George Perrier! Each course was a small plate of mind blowing tastes. The chicken that was served as the main, had a wonderful aroma of cumin and rosemary. The taste has to be tried, there's no way to describe it in the right words. This is a restaurant that I will be going to at least once each season as the menu changes. Superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodbye Philadelphia dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014I chose Sbraga for my last dinner with friends in Philadelphia. I was absolutely blown away with the food and drinks: presentation and taste. Also, the owner and staff were so nice to me and my party. How I wish I were staying in Philadelphia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marymDined on 9/16/2014Great meal!Exquisite flavors, clearly thoughtlfully designed and prepared. Excellent service. A wonderful and satisfying experience- thank you!Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/15/2014Wonderful restaurant. The Italian dressing on the Antipasta salad was not your typical dressing. It was full of flavor and somewhat spicy. The game hen entree was fantastic. Overall the food was delicious and I can't wait to return.Special Features:
- The perfect experiencenomX3Dined on 9/13/2014There was not only not one flaw in my dining experience, but my girlfriend and I are convinced that it could not have been a better dining experience. There was zero room for improvement in any area. It is important to note that I am not just talking about a dish or the food. Everything. From decor to service and of course including the food, it was the best food experience we have ever had, and we both well traveled and well versed. We each made it a point to choose different options for each course (minus both selecting the tartar) and couldn't have been happier with each dish. We are looking forward to the season/menu change to go back and eat here again. This was quite literally the perfect dining experience.Special Features:
- Amazing!WeezeeJonzDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I came in for a 5:30 PM dinner. We had such an enjoyable evening and dining experience! Our waiter was knowledgeable and helpful. The food quality was spectacular. The entire experience was delightful.Special Features: