Sbicca - Del Mar
215 15th Street
Del Mar, CA 92014Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sbicca - Del Mar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sbiccadelmar.com/
- Phone: (858) 481-1001
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm
Breakfast and Lunch: Saturday and Sunday: 9am-3pm
Dinner: 5pm nightly
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Dinner Nightly: 5:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ricardo Garcia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The restaurant will design full service custom catering menus for your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Sbicca in Del Mar is a perfect place for your personal or corporate event. Sbicca's unique charm and unique layout combined with its award winning cuisine will make all your parties memorable. We can customize your menu to work within your parameters. We have an extensive wine list and full bar.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 8584811001x
- Special Events: Half priced wines Tuesdays and Thursdays. All wines on our Wine Spectator Award winning wine list. No corkage Mondays and Tuesdays
Happy Hour Monday-Friday 4-6pm, Saturday & Sunday 3-5pm
Discounted Bar Menu and drink specials on the front patio and bar areas
A word from Sbicca - Del Mar
San Diego's favorite "Neighborhood" restaurant. Located in beautiful, quaint Del Mar and winner of the "Gold Medallion Award" for Best Neighborhood Restaurant awarded by the San Diego Chapter of the California Restaurant Association. Dine up on the Ocean View deck and take in the blue pacific while enjoying our award winning cuisine or sit on our ocean view sidewalk cafe and sip on one of our Wine Spectator award winning wine list wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sbicca - Del Mar reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (49)neighborhood gem (44)fit for foodies (32)scenic view (31)notable wine list (22)romantic (22)special occasion (19)good for groups (18)great for lunch (17)hot spot (14)great for brunch (12)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- YOU CANT GO WRONG HEREfoodieVIPDined on 1/2/2014Every time we go to Sbicca we are treated well, the food is unbelievably fresh, flavorful, beautiful to look at and the views can't be beat. Never disappointed.Special Features:
- New Years Eve DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2013i picked Sbicca based on reviews posted here and was not disappointed! My wife kept saying I really knew how to pick a restaurant. We had a great table on the upper deck which was very comfortable. The service was very professional (wish I remembered the wait staff persons name, Sarah maybe) The food was excellent. My wife and I had the persimmon and pear salad which was dressed perfectly and then we split the double cut pork chop. Her half went about an inch thick and mine, the other half was at least two inches thick and cooked perfectly! We added a reasonably priced bottle of wine and had the pumpkin cheese cake for dessert. We will go back to Sbicca next time we are in Del Mar. Also recommend hotel Les Artiste in Del MarSpecial Features:
- Fair serviceCoupleDined on 12/31/2013My husband and I went here for New Years Eve. The menu looked great. Our server was ok. She recommended three different beers and all three of them happened to be sold out that night.... At 5:45PM. Overall it was just ok.Special Features:
- Good but will not be returningKelly034Dined on 12/31/2013My husband and I went on a date at Sbicca and had a fairly mediocre experience. The service was good and the food was decent, but not worth the high prices. Had the filet which was overcooked, the sauce was bland, and the gorgonzola potatoes tasted liked regular mashed potatoes. It was still a good meal but not worth the $44 pricetag. We sat outside, and if you like dogs or have dogs, this is the place for you because they allow dogs on the patio. But if you want a nice meal without barking or high noise levels, I'd choose another restaurant. For a nice meal out in Del Mar, I'd definitely go with Jake's, Poseidon, or Pacifica Del Mar over Sbicca.Special Features:
- Good food, nice atmosphereFoodieVIPDined on 12/24/2013This is a nice restaurant in the heart of Del Mar. We always though it was small but it is actually quite large in the back. The service was a bit slow but the waiter was very nice. Food was good. We will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- want to keep this to myselfReedoDined on 12/16/2013Unbelievable hidden gem that delighted everyone in our party. The wines are incredible and the food males your taste buds dance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as it is toldMarcmagandhiDined on 12/11/2013I love the relaxed feel of this place - and of course the ocean view. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The Pork chop was outstanding and the hot chocolate desert was amazing. Service was well-timed and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and awesome foodjeanieDined on 12/9/2013We celebrated my Husband's birthday here on a chilly night. The hosts and waitress were exceptional - friendly but not hovering around the table at all times. Very romantic and superb food!Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood findBruceDined on 12/8/2013Great little spot when we were looking for light cuisine and a quiet corner. Looks like a great place for large groups as they have a nice room in the wine cellar upstairs. We will put this on our list for the future!Special Features:
- They treat their customers poorly.RompDined on 12/7/2013I made a reservation for 8 people. We showed up and they had us sitting outside on the heated patio. It was 50 degrees!! They wouldn't seat us in the bar area like they had told me because the owers friends had just called and they wanted a table. So Sbicca bumped us. I can't believe a restaurant would treat it's customers like that. So we will never go there again.
- Private room wine dinnerdhammer53VIPDined on 12/6/2013Good food. Awful service. It doesn't matter if they were 'busy'. poor service is unacceptable. Sbicca needs to figure this out. It wasn't the waiters fault.
- Good Food and WineBDDDDined on 12/5/2013Our meals were well prepared and tasty (don't miss the brussel sprouts side dish) and the service was good. The half-price wine on Thursday combined with a good wine list was another plus.Special Features:
- Great food and best turkey burgerJoelZDined on 12/4/2013I have enjoyed Sbicca many times for dinner; always a great experience on all counts. Had a turkey burger on my first ever lunch visit and it was great; moist and tasty -- very unusual in my turkey burger experience. I heartily recommend Sbicca as a special place with wonderful food and perfect service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemStanDined on 11/28/2013Sbicca has always been one of our neighbor gems. We enjoy going there for a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sbicca is great! =;)DonnaDined on 11/28/2013My birthday fell on Thanksgiving this year & I'm not a big fan of turkey, but wanted others to have that option. Sbicca had the best pre fix menu (3 course included choice of appetizer, entree & dessert) for the price ($40 per person). Really delicious & varied choices. We all agreed we would pick the exact same choices again. It was that good! I had requested a table with a view, if they had one. We were seated upstairs at the back of the restaurant & the view/sunset were spectacular! I only gave 4 stars for service because, while it started out great, as they got busy our drink refills were neglected & I had to ask twice to have the overhead heaters turned on when the sun went down & it got pretty chilly. A minimal inconvenience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving wineMaxxDined on 11/28/2013Half price wine on Tuesday and Thursday. Thanksgiving is on Thursday so ALL bottles of wine were half price. Good food, good service, good view, and half price wine. You cannot top that.Special Features:
- Overall, the food was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2013Overall, the food was good quality and tasty. I'd offer a few suggestions though. Outside heaters on upstairs deck are extremely too hot,makes the space uncomfortable. The bread is good, but served literally stone cold as is the marinara. Both items would be enhanced by being warmed. The mussels were delicious in flavor, when you could find them. They are so small, I have never had such puny morsels. The shrimp wrapped in bacon was mediocre at best, for $13 there should be either colossal size shrimp, or more than 3 medium size shrimp. The pork chop was absolutely delicious as was the salmon. Braised short ribs could of used a bit more flavor, garlic, but we're very tender. All desserts were very good and the service was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodmargDined on 11/1/2013great room in the back excellent service very good foodI would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't disappointElizabethUDined on 10/22/2013I've had a customer dinner in the rooftop room, dinner on the patio and dinner inside by the fireplace. Every experience different, every dinner awesome. Even with all that, if you are in the mood for an awesome burger--they have that too!Special Features:
- Lovely view, attentive serviceLaJollaNativeDined on 10/17/2013delicious food, on the patio, with my dad. great service, very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Bad FoodLetseatDined on 10/16/2013Being from the Bay Area it is a challenge to find good food in San Diego. Don't get me wrong, I have found many places that i have enjoyed and had a great time. This was not one them. The food was awful and really not to any standard at all. I hate stating this but it was a joke. I had taken my wife and two clients out and this was really not a way to say thanks to what consider wonderful clients. It is shocking to me how no one seems to notice how bad ALL the food was. The service was great . So sad, I miss San Francisco.
- Wow...what a great find inKevinVIPDined on 10/12/2013Wow...what a great find in the heart of downtown Del Mar! We L O V E D this place, and had a great dining experience with friends from Oceanside who suggested we all have dinner @ Sbicca. Cute, quaint place, keenly decorated & comfortable. Creative menu, including specialty drinks that were very unique, such as the tequila drinks. Great appetizers, loved the Bacon wrapped Shrimp w/ Jalapeno cream sauce. Tried the Seared New Bedford Sea Scallops, and although they were not as they had appeared in the photo on Yelp, we liked them just as well.. Everything we tasted was delicious and with awesome presentation and service. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a secret why it's so popularLolaWineLoverDined on 9/24/2013Sbicca's is a local favorite. We are from out of town and go there every time we return. We enjoy sitting on the rooftop with sunset ocean views. We went on a Tues. and wine was half price! Enjoyed a delicious bottle we would probably have not ordered. The salmon was tasty, too.Special Features:
- Decent for Restaurant WeekrwatskyDined on 9/20/2013Went for Restaurant Week, as was expected it was pretty busy but not terrible. The staff was pretty confusing, they changed our waiter back and forth at least once so we didn't know who to ask for anything. Additionally, it took 20 minutes for someone to finally take our order. I know you're busy but that's kinda inexcusable at any restaurant. Food was good, not amazing, but nice enough. Not a huge fan of the gazpacho, the risotto was decent, and the apple dessert was really tasty. Overall, like I said, it was decent for restaurant week. Would I suggest going when it's $20 an entree? Definitely not.
- Excellent food, service OKLJSCDined on 9/17/2013I would definitely return to Sbicca. The food was amazing and the view was beautiful! The service was extremely slow and the place was not busy. But if you're not in any hurry (over an hour for lunch), it is worth the time! Oh! And Tuesday and Thursdays are 1/2 off bottles of wine!Special Features:
- Great service! The food isSpectacularVIPDined on 9/16/2013Great service! The food is great value with a nice atmosphere. And who doesn't love no corkage fee on Sundays and Mondays!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a disappointment.HanaDined on 9/14/2013Overall a disappointment. The korean Beef wraps were super salty and the meet was tough. The lamb meat balls were pretty good, probably the highlight of the meal. The halibut was fair at best , nothing to write home about. Intrestingly, the lobester mac and cheese was the most flavorful but not worthy of the price. The service was spotty, I went there for my second year wedding anniversary but I will not go back again.Special Features:
- Always a great dinnerDelightedDinersDined on 8/27/2013Innovative menu, excellent presentation, competent friendly service. We have eaten there may times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- dinner and a movieOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2013went to the movies and then to dinner. food was outstanding, may have been the best dinner we've had in along time..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchMrutdogDined on 8/18/2013Great vibe, great food, great service. Should not miss the chance to eat outside and see the sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset pleasuretasteisallDined on 8/15/2013We made a late decision to try this restaurant. Reserving through OpenTable worked very well and may have helped snag us an excellent roof terrace table with a distant sunset, over the ocean, view. Service was calm and professional, but also appropriately welcoming. The food was very good if not quite gourmet standard. The noise level was a little high but not disablingly so. We liked the ambience and the sense of a local crowd. It was a Thursday night and so the wine was half-price. I regret not taking greater advantage of that although the wine we chose was perfectly acceptable. A nice change from formula driven commercial restaurants of which we have far too many in Scottsdale, Arizona. All in all, a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2013I've never been disappointed by Sbicca and yet again had a great meal. From the reservation to the dessert, meal was perfect. We had the griilled asparagus (perfectly done), bistro burger, short ribs (extra delicious) and chocolate-expresso cheesecake. Portions, temperature, and flavor were all just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsMizBVIPDined on 7/31/2013We've been coming to Sbicca since moving to San Diego almost 4 years ago. We've brought local friends as well as out of town guests and Sbicca never disappoints us. The food is always well prepared. Portions are excellent. Staff always rovides excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks for a wonderful anniversary!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2013We celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary at Sbicca and could not have made a better choice. Food and service were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid restaurant in Del MarOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2013We have come to San Diego every year for the past 3 years for a soccer tournament in town. Each time we have visited Sbicca, we have never been disappointed. This last time was no exception. We all had a great meal, especially those of us who ordered their meat dishes, such as the short ribs and pork prime rib. The only misstep we found was in the ordering of a watermelon salad. The salad itself was very good but it was disappointing to be served such a small portion when the kitchen could have easily made the salad larger by just adding more arugula and dressing to the plate. Other than that mistake, our group of 9 were happy with our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/24/2013Beautiful setting, fantastic menu . . . I will definitely go back when I am in the area again.Special Features:
- Excellent menuLocalDined on 7/20/2013An eclectic menu, with excellent choices for appetizers, main course and dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Room is Great!allwedoisdineoutVIPDined on 7/18/2013IF you have the chance, reserve the WIne Room. What a great way to enjoy spectacular food and wine -- and enjoy your fellow diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDaleVIPDined on 7/13/2013That's about it..just simply outstanding. Great food...the pork roast is amazing, the service is good and the wine list is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!!!!SDGirlVIPDined on 7/13/2013Thank you SO very much for such an enjoyable dinner. We were so fortunate to have the special wine cellar for my 39th birthday dinner with my closest friends. The room was perfect. The food was absolutely amazing. Brian, our server, was so wonderful, attentive and had great energy. i cannot say enough wonderful things but THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Sbicca made my special evening even more SPECIAL!Special Features: