Sbicca - Del Mar
215 15th Street
Del Mar, CA 92014Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sbicca - Del Mar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sbiccadelmar.com/
- Phone: 8584811001x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm
Breakfast and Lunch: Saturday and Sunday: 9am-3pm
Dinner: 5pm nightly
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Dinner Nightly: 5:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ricardo Garcia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The restaurant will design full service custom catering menus for your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Sbicca in Del Mar is a perfect place for your personal or corporate event. Sbicca's unique charm and unique layout combined with its award winning cuisine will make all your parties memorable. We can customize your menu to work within your parameters. We have an extensive wine list and full bar.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 8584811001x
- Special Events: Half priced wines Tuesdays and Thursdays. All wines on our Wine Spectator Award winning wine list. No corkage Mondays and Tuesdays
Happy Hour Monday-Friday 4-6pm, Saturday & Sunday 3-5pm
Discounted Bar Menu and drink specials on the front patio and bar areas
A word from Sbicca - Del Mar
San Diego's favorite "Neighborhood" restaurant. Located in beautiful, quaint Del Mar and winner of the "Gold Medallion Award" for Best Neighborhood Restaurant awarded by the San Diego Chapter of the California Restaurant Association. Dine up on the Ocean View deck and take in the blue pacific while enjoying our award winning cuisine or sit on our ocean view sidewalk cafe and sip on one of our Wine Spectator award winning wine list wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sbicca - Del Mar reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (53)neighborhood gem (42)scenic view (39)fit for foodies (29)special occasion (24)notable wine list (23)romantic (21)great for lunch (19)good for groups (16)great for brunch (14)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- SibbicaMatahDined on 10/18/2014Went there this weekend for an anniversary celebration. We had 6 p.m. reservations. Husband order the Halibut and it was just awful. They served him what appeared to be an end piece. It was overcooked and barely edible. We assumed that we had the first seating of the day that we would have access to a nice piece of fish which turned out to not be true. The Halibut entree was over $30! The pork prime rib and the short ribs were very good, but the fish dish ruined the experience for all 4 of us!Special Features:
- nothing greatsabrinaVIPDined on 10/4/2014If you go when it's night, it's a nice atmosphere. But upstairs during the daytime it looks a little old and dingy. Food was overprices and bland.
- Wonderful entreesNancyVIPDined on 9/27/2014There were 4 of us and all our entrees were delicious. Service was very good and the waiter extremely pleasant. The only disappointment was the dessert - tiramisu. It didn't taste anything like it should and should have been called a tart lemon cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionbillbunkDined on 9/26/2014Had a great meal and the wine was fabulous and stayed until closing. It was perfect!Special Features:
- Consistently GreatDelMartianVIPDined on 9/10/2014A local restaurant for us -- love the Korean Beef Lettuce Wraps and the Watermelon Salad. Pleasant outdoor dining on the patio or upstairs. Consistently great with good service too.Special Features:
- Excellent Food, Great ViewMathProfDined on 9/10/2014Had their shrimp appetizer (three large shrimp wrapped with bacon each on a small amount of a mild guacamole), a main course of sea scallops beautifully prepared (seared on the outside perfect in the inside), desert gelato and a single shot of espresso. Drank a nice New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. Felt that I had had the nicest dinner out in months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not up to previous dinners hereswimmer59Dined on 9/4/2014I have been to Sbicca 4 or 5 times in the past 2 years, always sitting at a table on the front patio. Had reservations for 6PM and the front patio was full, and the courtyard table looked pretty bleak, so was taken "upstairs" to an open air dining room, with an ocean view, which unfortunately looked down onto the unsightly rooftop of the restaurant. The summer salad was bland, and the bits of creamy dressing were strange. The onion rings on top of the short rib were hard and inedible. Overall, a big letdown, especially since I had brought my 83 year old mother there for a special meal with ocean view setting, who was visiting.Special Features:
- Too many other good options nearbypedroDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant is lined up for a great delivery but, the service was lackluster and the food was bland. At 14 an appetizer and 22-39 an entree, a little service is expected and having to go find the waitress to pay doesn't equate to service. Couple that with underwhelming flavors on the entrees we ordered, I would say try elsewhere.
- great food, ocean views from roofJjnycVIPDined on 8/29/2014Always great service and food. ambience varies based on the room you sit in. would definitely recommend. could be good for taking your parents or a date depending.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLuv2cookDined on 8/29/2014We live in Carmel Valley and decided to go to this restaurant. We sat in the patio but half of the table was staring an an empty wall. The appetizers were not bad but our Halibut and Salmon were dry and over cooked. It is also overpriced. I would not recommend this place.
- Nice spotldaschaVIPDined on 8/24/2014Enjoyed the menu selections, we chose 3 small plated appetizers and shared with a wine selection. Knowledgeable and friendly service and a nice view. Would recommendSpecial Features:
- Great for a memorable celebrationIzzysgardenDined on 8/23/2014We love to eat at Jakes of del Mar but they could not accommodate a reservation for 12 so they recommended Sbicca. It's a small neighorborhood restaurant in the heart of Del Mar and when we got there I couldn't imagine where the would seat us. But we were taken to their back room to a huge booth in a lovely setting. We were celebrating my husband's 70th birthday so this was a special evening for us and the food and service did not disappoint. The lobster bisque was excellent , the halibut entree yummy and the chocolate chip bread pudding just perfect. Service was excellent. Was disappointed a complimentary birthday dessert was not offered to my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and scenic viewsMrutdogDined on 8/21/2014Very good food and one of the best outdoor seating restaurants in del mar. Cool vibe and excellent menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful viewCynHuntDined on 8/18/2014This is a popular place. We were lucky enough to be seated upstairs with a gorgeous ocean view nearing sunset. No complaints about the food although we all ordered very casually ( wedge salads and burgers, which were great). One of our party had the salmon entree and loved it. We definitely plan to return.Special Features:
- Always greatBEARVIPDined on 8/17/2014Ate here again. As always the food was excellent. Linguini and clams, flat iron steak, you can't go wrong. Our waitress had great reccomendations. The lobster Mac & Chesse is fabulous. Lots of lobster meat and a great creamy cheese sauce. We had 4 different desserts and they were all equally delicious.Special Features:
- Wine Cellar RoomOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Had dinner for a party of 12 in their wine cellar room. It was nice and private, however I wish that we could have been on their patio to enjoy the summer air and views. Overall it was a great dining experience.Special Features:
- not impressedAntwerpenDined on 8/15/2014Too much lettuce, small portion of Fish. The dressing was ok, however it was too bland. The bread come after we were finished eating.
- Fabulous lunch!KlakeDined on 8/14/2014We are lunch here and the food was amazing. Our server was very friendly and attentive. The location is amazing, just make sure you have quarters for metered parking. We WILL return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come DownBruscoDined on 8/13/2014We have dined at Sbicca - Del Mar many times during our vacation. Sometimes we hit it twice in one week. It had been two years since we last dined here and it was a come down from previous experiences. The portions were substantial, however the pork was a little dry. The view was great and the service was very good, no complaints about the service. We will go back and have the pork rib next summer. It is generally the first thing we crave for our dining pleasure while in Del Mar. Perhaps the expectations were too high.Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/13/2014We have eaten here before the food is great we split the Pork Prime rib it was awesome you must have it, service was great as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisDined on 8/12/2014Great place. Very romantic. Incredible views on the upstairs patio. Wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean sunsetMaryWTDined on 8/11/2014This says it all. We loved the food, great, friendly wait staff, awesome views from the upstairs porch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EmilyYummyInMyTummyVIPDined on 8/2/2014Their popovers with bluberry jam and butter IS TO DIE FOR. I had them fresh out of the oven. wow. can't complain. I also had the watermelon salad, and I asked them to add a piece of Mahi Mahi on top. They were very accommodating about it and took the order without any hesitation. Also had a peach bellini. It was okay. My friend had a local brew beer and he loved it. We were seated upstairs with a total beach view. It was a really great experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!SoCalDivaDined on 7/31/2014Great time all around in a relaxed but fun atmosphere with a more mature clientele. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parking and Hospitality IssuesCurtDined on 7/29/2014To be clear, the food and service were quite good. The major issue is the lack of common sense regarding parking. I hosted a Board of Directors dinner there on Tuesday, July 29th and we all needed quarters for the parking meters in the closest parking area. When I asked for change the "hostess" told me there was a max of $2.00 in quarters. I informed her that I had reservations for 8 and certainly needed more than that - it turned into a debate/negotiation and she seemed to lose site of the fact that I was getting ready to spend $500+ in the restaurant. She even suggested that we sign a petition, was a bit rude, etc. I can't believe that Sbicca mgmnt would be pleased - lots of competition. You know this is an issue - keep some changeSpecial Features:
- perfectsallyVIPDined on 7/25/2014Perfect evening celebrating family and birthdays, service was great, a little too many carbs onthe Entree Plates is my only observation. Brownie desert was out of this world according to my father.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been so much better...alwayshungryVIPDined on 7/20/2014Mahi-Mahi rather undercooked and chewy, spices were soso...Salat was a bit tasteless. Lobster bisque was fantastic as always. Service nothing to write home about, super slow and not really interested in customer service. Bar area very energetic, guess guests already had a few drinks. Overall a disappointment. Been there many times, we felt it is going downhill...Special Features:
- Tired menuKleersiteVIPDined on 7/18/2014My family has been dining at Sbicca for years. There has been a limited number of changes to the menu and it is due for an overhaul.
- Never disappointedallwedoisdineoutVIPDined on 7/15/2014We love this place. Always a treat with great food, personable service.Special Features:
- Oceanview diningLJSDVIPDined on 7/15/2014sbicca is a great place in downtown Del Mar. Excellent food -lunch, brunch, dinner. Great view - balcony for ocean view or patio. Good selection of dishes. Good for kids too.Special Features:
- The bestJimboVIPDined on 7/11/2014This was our second time at Sbicca, the first time was fantastic in every way. Consistency is so important when it comes to restaurants and Sbicca did not disappoint. Food was excellent as well as the service. We will make Sbicca a regular for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and ServiceKellyVIPDined on 7/5/2014We went on 4th of July Weekend and the food was great and the service impeccable. We all had different dishes, the short ribs (yummy), scallops, and salmon. It was all very good. The service was excellent. They also had a kids menu that had more than chicken fingers. My son got a steak cooked to his liking and enjoyed it immensely and it was off the kids menu.Special Features:
- Nice view from upper deckCatfanVIPDined on 7/4/2014I had read in other TA reviews that the upper deck had great views. I made a dinner reservation on the open table app and requested the outdoor seating on the upper deck. These requests aren't always looked at by the restaurant, or at least they aren't always honored. When I arrived, I asked about the upper deck and the hostess said (very nicely), "Yes. We have a nice table on the upper deck all set for you. ". The service was great, the view was nice (although not the best view in Del Mar), and the food was good (not great). Overall we were very happy we chose Sbicca and we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 785 reviews are from the Sbicca - Del Mar reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/18/2014Food was very good, service was friendly, but a little slow for a night that did not seem busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great place!Kim5252Dined on 6/15/2014We love this restaurant! The food is outstanding, the servers are friendly, and the view from the front outside patio is amazing!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014Sbicca's is a treat! Wonderful food, great service, so comfortable and relaxing. A place for just going out or celebrating a special occasion. Have been to Sbicca's twice and thoroughly enjoyed the time both times!Special Features:
- Special Occasion DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/10/2014This was our first time here and we loved the food, service, and upstairs view. Will definitely return to try the brunch and Happy Hour. Would be a great place to bring out of town guests. Thanks for a great celebration of my birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good at SbiccaJScarmelvalleyVIPDined on 6/3/2014Had dinner on the upstairs patio - great view of Pacific Ocean. Server was friendly and knowledgeable. Started with the lobster bisque, which was good. Main course was the pork loin prime rib. This was outstanding. All around a very good dining experience. No complaints.Special Features:
- Foodies Delight2013photogDined on 6/2/2014The food at Sbicca is outstanding! Really can't say enough good things about it. If you go, try their brochette! wow!! Seriously all the dishes that I've tried and my friends had were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A sweet findjodadaDined on 5/25/2014Went to Sbicca on a recommendation from my sister. Could not have been happier. It was sweet, romantic, with outstanding food and exceptional service by the host and waiter. I accidentally made the reservation for the wrong night, and they didn't bat an eye. We looked at a variety of locations to dine -- upstairs, indoors, on their patio, and the host was very accommodating. Waiter was personable and engaging, and was very helpful in answering our questions about the dishes. I ordered a pork porterhouse that was ample, delicious and different. We will definitely come back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.