Sbicca - Del Mar
215 15th Street
Del Mar, CA 92014Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sbicca - Del Mar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sbiccadelmar.com/
- Phone: 8584811001x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm
Breakfast and Lunch: Saturday and Sunday: 9am-3pm
Dinner: 5pm nightly
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Dinner Nightly: 5:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ricardo Garcia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The restaurant will design full service custom catering menus for your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Sbicca in Del Mar is a perfect place for your personal or corporate event. Sbicca's unique charm and unique layout combined with its award winning cuisine will make all your parties memorable. We can customize your menu to work within your parameters. We have an extensive wine list and full bar.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 8584811001x
- Special Events: Half priced wines Tuesdays and Thursdays. All wines on our Wine Spectator Award winning wine list. No corkage Mondays and Tuesdays
Happy Hour Monday-Friday 4-6pm, Saturday & Sunday 3-5pm
Discounted Bar Menu and drink specials on the front patio and bar areas
A word from Sbicca - Del Mar
San Diego's favorite "Neighborhood" restaurant. Located in beautiful, quaint Del Mar and winner of the "Gold Medallion Award" for Best Neighborhood Restaurant awarded by the San Diego Chapter of the California Restaurant Association. Dine up on the Ocean View deck and take in the blue pacific while enjoying our award winning cuisine or sit on our ocean view sidewalk cafe and sip on one of our Wine Spectator award winning wine list wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sbicca - Del Mar reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (57)scenic view (47)neighborhood gem (41)special occasion (32)romantic (30)fit for foodies (27)great for lunch (19)great for brunch (16)notable wine list (16)vibrant bar scene (13)good for groups (13)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)Show More
- Great for a memorable celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014We love to eat at Jakes of del Mar but they could not accommodate a reservation for 12 so they recommended Sbicca. It's a small neighorborhood restaurant in the heart of Del Mar and when we got there I couldn't imagine where the would seat us. But we were taken to their back room to a huge booth in a lovely setting. We were celebrating my husband's 70th birthday so this was a special evening for us and the food and service did not disappoint. The lobster bisque was excellent , the halibut entree yummy and the chocolate chip bread pudding just perfect. Service was excellent. Was disappointed a complimentary birthday dessert was not offered to my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and scenic viewsMrutdogDined on 8/21/2014Very good food and one of the best outdoor seating restaurants in del mar. Cool vibe and excellent menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful viewCynHuntDined on 8/18/2014This is a popular place. We were lucky enough to be seated upstairs with a gorgeous ocean view nearing sunset. No complaints about the food although we all ordered very casually ( wedge salads and burgers, which were great). One of our party had the salmon entree and loved it. We definitely plan to return.Special Features:
- Always greatBEARVIPDined on 8/17/2014Ate here again. As always the food was excellent. Linguini and clams, flat iron steak, you can't go wrong. Our waitress had great reccomendations. The lobster Mac & Chesse is fabulous. Lots of lobster meat and a great creamy cheese sauce. We had 4 different desserts and they were all equally delicious.Special Features:
- Wine Cellar RoomOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Had dinner for a party of 12 in their wine cellar room. It was nice and private, however I wish that we could have been on their patio to enjoy the summer air and views. Overall it was a great dining experience.Special Features:
- not impressedAntwerpenDined on 8/15/2014Too much lettuce, small portion of Fish. The dressing was ok, however it was too bland. The bread come after we were finished eating.
- Fabulous lunch!KlakeDined on 8/14/2014We are lunch here and the food was amazing. Our server was very friendly and attentive. The location is amazing, just make sure you have quarters for metered parking. We WILL return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come DownBruscoDined on 8/13/2014We have dined at Sbicca - Del Mar many times during our vacation. Sometimes we hit it twice in one week. It had been two years since we last dined here and it was a come down from previous experiences. The portions were substantial, however the pork was a little dry. The view was great and the service was very good, no complaints about the service. We will go back and have the pork rib next summer. It is generally the first thing we crave for our dining pleasure while in Del Mar. Perhaps the expectations were too high.Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/13/2014We have eaten here before the food is great we split the Pork Prime rib it was awesome you must have it, service was great as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisDined on 8/12/2014Great place. Very romantic. Incredible views on the upstairs patio. Wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean sunsetMaryWTDined on 8/11/2014This says it all. We loved the food, great, friendly wait staff, awesome views from the upstairs porch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EmilyYummyInMyTummyVIPDined on 8/2/2014Their popovers with bluberry jam and butter IS TO DIE FOR. I had them fresh out of the oven. wow. can't complain. I also had the watermelon salad, and I asked them to add a piece of Mahi Mahi on top. They were very accommodating about it and took the order without any hesitation. Also had a peach bellini. It was okay. My friend had a local brew beer and he loved it. We were seated upstairs with a total beach view. It was a really great experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!SoCalDivaDined on 7/31/2014Great time all around in a relaxed but fun atmosphere with a more mature clientele. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parking and Hospitality IssuesCurtDined on 7/29/2014To be clear, the food and service were quite good. The major issue is the lack of common sense regarding parking. I hosted a Board of Directors dinner there on Tuesday, July 29th and we all needed quarters for the parking meters in the closest parking area. When I asked for change the "hostess" told me there was a max of $2.00 in quarters. I informed her that I had reservations for 8 and certainly needed more than that - it turned into a debate/negotiation and she seemed to lose site of the fact that I was getting ready to spend $500+ in the restaurant. She even suggested that we sign a petition, was a bit rude, etc. I can't believe that Sbicca mgmnt would be pleased - lots of competition. You know this is an issue - keep some changeSpecial Features:
- perfectsallyVIPDined on 7/25/2014Perfect evening celebrating family and birthdays, service was great, a little too many carbs onthe Entree Plates is my only observation. Brownie desert was out of this world according to my father.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been so much better...alwayshungryVIPDined on 7/20/2014Mahi-Mahi rather undercooked and chewy, spices were soso...Salat was a bit tasteless. Lobster bisque was fantastic as always. Service nothing to write home about, super slow and not really interested in customer service. Bar area very energetic, guess guests already had a few drinks. Overall a disappointment. Been there many times, we felt it is going downhill...Special Features:
- Tired menuKleersiteVIPDined on 7/18/2014My family has been dining at Sbicca for years. There has been a limited number of changes to the menu and it is due for an overhaul.
- Never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/15/2014We love this place. Always a treat with great food, personable service.Special Features:
- Oceanview diningLJSDVIPDined on 7/15/2014sbicca is a great place in downtown Del Mar. Excellent food -lunch, brunch, dinner. Great view - balcony for ocean view or patio. Good selection of dishes. Good for kids too.Special Features:
- The bestOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/11/2014This was our second time at Sbicca, the first time was fantastic in every way. Consistency is so important when it comes to restaurants and Sbicca did not disappoint. Food was excellent as well as the service. We will make Sbicca a regular for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and ServiceKellyVIPDined on 7/5/2014We went on 4th of July Weekend and the food was great and the service impeccable. We all had different dishes, the short ribs (yummy), scallops, and salmon. It was all very good. The service was excellent. They also had a kids menu that had more than chicken fingers. My son got a steak cooked to his liking and enjoyed it immensely and it was off the kids menu.Special Features:
- Nice view from upper deckCatfanVIPDined on 7/4/2014I had read in other TA reviews that the upper deck had great views. I made a dinner reservation on the open table app and requested the outdoor seating on the upper deck. These requests aren't always looked at by the restaurant, or at least they aren't always honored. When I arrived, I asked about the upper deck and the hostess said (very nicely), "Yes. We have a nice table on the upper deck all set for you. ". The service was great, the view was nice (although not the best view in Del Mar), and the food was good (not great). Overall we were very happy we chose Sbicca and we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/18/2014Food was very good, service was friendly, but a little slow for a night that did not seem busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great place!Kim5252Dined on 6/15/2014We love this restaurant! The food is outstanding, the servers are friendly, and the view from the front outside patio is amazing!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014Sbicca's is a treat! Wonderful food, great service, so comfortable and relaxing. A place for just going out or celebrating a special occasion. Have been to Sbicca's twice and thoroughly enjoyed the time both times!Special Features:
- Special Occasion DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/10/2014This was our first time here and we loved the food, service, and upstairs view. Will definitely return to try the brunch and Happy Hour. Would be a great place to bring out of town guests. Thanks for a great celebration of my birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good at SbiccaJScarmelvalleyVIPDined on 6/3/2014Had dinner on the upstairs patio - great view of Pacific Ocean. Server was friendly and knowledgeable. Started with the lobster bisque, which was good. Main course was the pork loin prime rib. This was outstanding. All around a very good dining experience. No complaints.Special Features:
- Foodies Delight2013photogDined on 6/2/2014The food at Sbicca is outstanding! Really can't say enough good things about it. If you go, try their brochette! wow!! Seriously all the dishes that I've tried and my friends had were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A sweet findjodadaDined on 5/25/2014Went to Sbicca on a recommendation from my sister. Could not have been happier. It was sweet, romantic, with outstanding food and exceptional service by the host and waiter. I accidentally made the reservation for the wrong night, and they didn't bat an eye. We looked at a variety of locations to dine -- upstairs, indoors, on their patio, and the host was very accommodating. Waiter was personable and engaging, and was very helpful in answering our questions about the dishes. I ordered a pork porterhouse that was ample, delicious and different. We will definitely come back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BUT our friends were disappointedMizBVIPDined on 5/18/2014My husband and I have always enjoyed our selections, but our friends both ordered the halibut and felt the fish was past its prime. They are visiting from NY and were with us the very first time we went to Sbicca nearly 4 years ago. I'm sure they will not want to return here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatLJSDVIPDined on 5/17/2014Love Sbicca - been coming here since it opened. Great food, good variety, great wine list. I like to sit upstairs for the ocean view but on the patio is nice as well. The pork prime rib is amazing (and plenty for leftovers).Special Features:
- For that special occasion.CruzerDined on 5/15/2014Sbicca has always delivered the promise of a great experience in fine dinning. For the all times I have joined friends and to my special moments with loved ones. Sbicca is always a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014I had friends in from LA and wanted to impress. The food and ambience was outstanding. With a smile from the hostess, scored an awesome table on the outside patio.Special Features:
- Just okay.KMKPVIPDined on 4/28/2014We had a group dinner at Sbicca. The patio looked nice. But since it was a group, they put us in the back back room so the ambiance was less than desired. The food was nothing to draw me back.Special Features:
- The following 773 reviews are from the Sbicca - Del Mar reviews archive.
- outstanding!MommaLee1Dined on 4/26/2014We shared the shrimp appetizer with avocado cream and loved it. Hubby had the scallops with risotto, it was mild but delightful; I had the seared ahi with forbidden rice...best meal in the San Diego/LaJolla area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner spottea4twoDined on 4/24/2014Sbicca is a wonderfully popular bistro for locals and visitors. The food is great, I like the double cut pork chop, from appies to dessert. Come early and enjoy a glass of wine or beer at the cozy bar. Great wine list and a full bar, including some local craft brews as well as the standards.Special Features:
- awesomeKristinDined on 4/20/2014sweet and accommodating hotess, efficient server and great foodSpecial Features:
- All around fabulous!Kim5252Dined on 4/20/2014Everything was spectacular, the service, food, and atmosphere! We had the crab cake appetizer to start with which was amazing. My husband had the Chilaquiles and I had the fish tacos-both were delicious. I also tried the Midnight Express (I think it was called) and have been wanting another ever since. It was an ice cold martini with vodka, Baileys, Kahlua, and a shot of espresso-Wow! The waitress was attentive at all the right times and the pacing of food arrival was perfect. We already have reservations to go back.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceHarryoDined on 4/5/2014Service was great, view fantastic, and food very good (Sea Bass my wife had was a little dry). Would definitely recommend to other people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnersBillBDined on 3/29/2014Sbicca is a wonderful find. The prices are good and the food is outstanding. We started with the watermelon salad and bacon wrapped shrimp. Dinner was Sea Bass and the Filet, both cooked to perfection. Our server, Rachel, was very helpful. This is a place we will come back to.Special Features: