Sazo's Latin Grill
101 Bowie Street
San Antonio, TX 78205Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sazo's Latin Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sazoslatingrill.com/home.html
- Phone: 2105546180
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:00am - 10:30am; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Mexican / Southwestern
- Executive Chef: Chef Donald Hoffman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Call for Details 210-554-6180
- Cross Street: Commerce
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Complimentary Validated Self Parking is available at Marriott Rivercenter for guests dining at Sazo's Latin Grill. From 281, exit Commerce St. Enter the San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter parking garage at the corner of Bowie and Commerce. (Mapquest it to: http://marriott.com/property/mapandnearbyairports/default.mi?marshaCode=satrc)
A word from Sazo's Latin Grill
A unique experience is emerging in San Antonio. One that captures the mosaic of flavors and entertainment you can only find in Spanish and Latin American cultures. With grand spaces crossing the realm of rich flamenco reds, the subtle yellows of an Argentine sunrise, and ornate iron arrives Sazo's Latin Grill. A fusion of flavors and a passion for daring. Grand picture windows overlook San Antonio's River Walk, as guests catch glimpses of the riverboats and the bustling of the crowds. As afternoon turn to evening the bluecast sky gives way to glistening lights sparkling over the river. Sazo's Latin Grill... Feel the Flavor, Taste the Heat..Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sazo's Latin Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- We arrived VERY late for ourRayoDined on 2/14/2014We arrived VERY late for our V-Day reservation, and they sat us and got our order in just as the itchen was finishing up. The staff were very good with us even though we were late, and the food was fantastic. It's the restaurant in the Marriott Hotel, and its kinda hard to find when you come from the river taxi. Hint: They tell you its on the second floor, but coming from the river it seems like its on the 3rd.Special Features:
- Valentines Day BustalanDined on 2/14/2014Reservations not required, restaurant mostly empty at 7:30 PM; did not advertise a Price Fixe menu with no room for changes dining just the next table over was with regular bar menu; service ok, but we waited a long time between courses. Food served was hot, fish was good but we put a different sauce on it. There is no dietary control on their menu for price fixe. IE, we had to eat lots of fattening things out of our diet. Front counter not helpful with Marriott Points even from a Gold Customer. This restaurant is in the Marriott, I expected much better from them.
- Staying close to the hotel?JfredDined on 2/14/2014If you don't want to venture off and want a good meal and friendly service this is your ticket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCraigVIPDined on 2/8/2014Went here to only find out they had a limited menu because of a large convention. We went there because of the menu we saw online. Really didnt get to experience the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great brunch! ThereShejockDined on 12/25/2013We had a great brunch! There was 6 of us but one was a 1 year old and got charged the surcharge for parties 6 and over. I don't think that was fair considering the 1 year old. She shouldn't have counted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurpriseeatingoueverydayDined on 11/26/2013It was not what I expected, very disappointing to find out a simple sandwich menu, instead of a great selection of "Latin Cuisine" i will not aste my time there anymore....
- Very good service and food,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/26/2013Very good service and food, good for business meetingsSpecial Features:
- Nothing to report. You getOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/24/2013Nothing to report. You get what you expect for a quick business lunch with a limited menu (soups, hamburgers, salads). Prices are acceptable. No direct access to day lightSpecial Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/22/2013I was looking forward to eating here because the restaurant looked absolutely beautiful with rhinestone in the floors and walls that glowed. However, I was disappointed right away when they would not seat us at river view because they said it was set up for a banquet and I never saw banquet patrons arrive during the 2 hours we were there. I ordered the enchilada dinner and I like spicy, however the spicy was off-the-wall flaming hot without any indication on the menu that this would be an overload on spice. I thought the food took too long to arrive and the salad entrees are too small, more like a salad side dish. For 2 people and one child with no mixed drinks was more than $60 without the tip. Disappointed and will not return.
- We went her for ChristmasGreatVIPDined on 12/25/2012We went her for Christmas Day Buffet and I wouldn't go back. They didn't have a big selection of food. The ad in the paper said Turkey and all the trimmings. When we got there and asked about that, they said the Thanksgiving ad had accidently got put in the paper as the Christmas Buffet. They only had chicken breasts and prime rib, not to my liking.Special Features:
- Special Holiday Meals ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Our family Christmas dinner was less than expected. We have gone to this location over a number of years for family Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter meals however I would not recommend this location for special occasion meals. We had some issues that were eventually resolved by the manager, however, it lessened our dinning expierience to some extent. The special occasion meals provide limited service, lilmited seating, and limited food choices are among the declining issues all at a high price per person. It is a very nice place to have lunch if you are in the area and it is just a walk out to the Rivercenter Mall. One good thing is for the special meals they pay the parking ($15.00) for 2012 while you eat.Special Features:
- Came here twice for breakfastURWhatUEatVIPDined on 11/11/2012Came here twice for breakfast and opted for the buffet. The spread was good enough....and if you were watching your diet, the chefs behind the omelette bar does a fantastic egg white omelette. And there's fresh fruits that you can choose from as well. It caters to everyone's palette - down to the kiddies. And the restaurant staff are very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Sazo's is in one of the MarriottDavidDined on 11/10/2012Sazo's is in one of the Marriott Hotels on the Riverwalk. We ended up canceling our reservation because (1) there was an hour or more wait to get food because of 300+ room service orders (I expect this was related to the Marathon & Half Marathon the following morning and that it is not normal for a Saturday night) that backed up the kitchen, and (2) the menu was plain-jane, probably to cater to the hotel crowd, and we didn't see anything compelling enough to make us wait. It didn't help that we had appetizers and drinks a couple hours before and that we weren't very hungry.
- It is a hotel restaurant attachedFineVIPDined on 6/9/2012It is a hotel restaurant attached to the Marriott Riverfront. When I arrived a few minutes early for my reservation, they told me that they were closing because they didn't have enough diners. So much for that.
- My husband and I ate hereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/25/2012My husband and I ate here for lunch and we ordered the Snapper Veracruz and a salad to share. The snapper was excellent and the portion size was large enough for two (if you tend to eat healthy and keep your portion sizes reasonable it is enough for 2) and not too salty. The salad was also very fresh, with hearts of palm and pepitas adding a nice touch. I would definitely order this meal again.Special Features:
- Wonderful Relaxing DinnerTrulyTexasDined on 5/9/2012We had a great evening at Sazo's. Found a quiet corner booth (although it was an early dinner, so it wasn't crowded) and enjoyed excellent service from our waiter, Danny. Steak was cooked just right and had a small amount of sauce that gave it a little boost in flavor. It came with creamy mashed potatoes and asparagus. The burger was served on homemade bread with onion rings on top -- none of that got wasted. The chef for whom the burger was named even came out to visit us and make sure we liked it! And the crab salad was excellent, on bibb lettuce with fresh crab, avocado and pico. I didn't even need the salad dressing! All in all, a great relaxing evening with great service and food.
- Good for a quick biteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2012My husband and I had two excellent salads. This is a good place for a quick biteSpecial Features:
- Food came out warm to coldOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2012Food came out warm to cold there were only about 20 people in the place and our server was so slow. We had to keep asking for things probably wont go back.
- So so restaurant. The menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/17/2012So so restaurant. The menu was nothing like the description on Open Table and their website is like for a different restaurant. The menu selection was very limited. It's a hotel restaurant, keep that in mind.
- The service was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2011The service was outstanding and the food was very good. We were there for New Years Eve and it was a very good location for that event.Special Features:
- I wished there was more toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011I wished there was more to choose from for the New Years Eve dinner package. It was too much food when they main dish came ...I was not hungry,though I could take the desert to go.Special Features:
- We booked this restaurantRebmarmadVIPDined on 12/31/2011We booked this restaurant based on Open Table for New Year's Evening. We didn't realize it was located inside a Marriot hotel and only offered a limited menu, or we most certainly would have booked elsewhere. Our whole experience was disappointing, from the first call to the hostess to get information about parking (which ended up costing us $25 on New Year's Eve--not that we were told to expect it) to the limited menu that evening, which was very pedestrian, and we could have had anyplace. Our waiter actually told us he preferred basic, non-haute cuisine! After eating at Sazo's, I can see why. Poor service, mediocre food, and a horrible location inside a Marriot attached to the mall. BIG MISTAKE. Won't be back.
- Restaurant is in the hotelOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/18/2011Restaurant is in the hotel and was totally dead on a Friday night. Food was moderate to fair. Some people hated what they got, but my fajitas were decent. Expensive drinks. Lack of good service. We waited forever for our chips and salsa when no one was there!
- A pleasant surprise for aOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/14/2011A pleasant surprise for a hotel restaurant. My wife and I were both tired and just wanted a quick quite dinner. The food was better than expected and the wait staff was attentive but allowed us the dine at our pace.Special Features:
- Not to be ignored.Withak24Dined on 10/14/2011Fantastic ambiance, you would never know you were in a hotel restaurant attached to a mall. The food was superb. The service was superb. The decor was superb. The food presentation was the only ding, dishes came out a little sloppy, not the expectation established by the rest of the experience, but very easily correctable.Special Features:
- I highly recommend Sazo's.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/24/2011I highly recommend Sazo's. The service was impeccable. Our waitress, Jenna, was so kind and sweet. In fact, the entire staff was very warm and friendly. I was in San Antonio for a joint weekend birthday celebration with my mother and father. I noted that it was a triple birthday celebration and asked for a nice table when I made my reservation. Management responded by giving us a large table in a private corner surrounded by panoramic views of the city and riverwalk. The ambience was great. The food was excellent. The Tortilla Soup is a must! The manager (unfortunately, I can't recall his name)came by our table at least three (3) times throughout the evening to make sure everything was okay and to thank us for dining at Sazo's. First class!Special Features:
- Needs more "energy"OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/26/2011The only reason I would recommend Sazo's Latin Grill is because it was my first time dining there and I believe in second chances. The restaurant was absolutely beautiful, however, the non-attentive service and meager food menu was very disappointing. Food was above average but non exceptional. I was hoping for music on a Saturday night (none was playing even on speakers for ambiance purposes). It was too quiet (especially because there was hardly anyone there). For the price, there are easily other real "hot spots" that would offer the music, service and menu options that customers want. A+ on the look of the restaurant; too bad it didn't match everything else.Special Features:
- good but not greatK8ieNDined on 1/17/2011The presentation was better than the taste but it was still pretty good. The service was good as well. The restaurant is beautiful but be prepared to salt and flavor to taste.Special Features:
- We read a number of greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/28/2010We read a number of great reviews about Sazo's Latin Grill, and had already reviewed the menu online before arriving, so we were VERY disappointed when the waiter informed us the menu was greatly limited on our night there (due to a college football bowl game being played the next day). Had we known that the restaurant was going to reduce the number of items available (well over half the items on the regular menu were NOT available for our visit), we would have gone elsewhere. Furthermore, the drinks were outrageously expensive (two drinks were $20! ), and the waiter came across irritated that we were there.Special Features:
- We were the only ones in thealaskak8VIPDined on 12/9/2010We were the only ones in the restaurant for most of our meal. The wait staff was very attentive. Wait staff encouraged us to just have an appetizer and salad if we weren't very hungry. The beef tips were superb, the caeser dressing house made. Wait staff encouraged me to get shrimp put on my salad instead of the appetizer. 5 shrimp as opposed to 4, and, cheaper. Brought out a ghost pepper hot sauce that was lovely (but, you must use very, very sparingly)
- Great! We were 7 for breakfast.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/10/2010Great! We were 7 for breakfast. Very good food, service, and appropriate "noise" level for the time of morning. Enough space to conduct business conversation.
- Enjoyed the meal and the timeTigerDinerDined on 8/20/2010Enjoyed the meal and the time there very much. Too bad for them they didn't have more business that night, but good for us for the good service we got. More people should give it a try instead of waiting in lines to get into the noisy, crowded River Walk places.Special Features:
- Great food, but at 8PM onOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2010Great food, but at 8PM on a Friday night, we were the only two customers in the entire place. Would not go back again for dinner. Definitely not a hot spot.
- Made reservation since friendOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/23/2010Made reservation since friend ate there. Only 4 tables occupied while there. Our waiter was great. The food was good, nothing special. The table ordered the pork ribs, steak, seafood with pasta, and vegetable paella, Ribs were a tad dry...steak was cooked as ordered and was decent. The seafood cream sauce was too heavy. Drinks ordered were watered down and not passable. I would not come back, but it was ok for a once over. Too many other great options at the Riverwalk.
- Within the marriott upperStevieDined on 7/3/2010Within the marriott upper lobby. We had a lunch resv but timing took us there for late breakfast. Door staff told us the buffet would close in 5 min, so we should come back later. We opted to ignore warning - buffet remained open another 1.5 hrs!!! Breakfast buffet was!, good, made to order omelet, pancakes, various Latin styled items. Wait service was very helpful.
- The food was passable. NothingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/30/2010The food was passable. Nothing exceptionally good.
- My fiancee and I recentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/29/2010My fiancee and I recently made our first visit to Sazo's to celebrate his birthday. The meal was very good and our server Danny was very attentive. As we left and headed downstairs to finish our wine in the downstairs bar area, we mentioned that we were there to celebrate a birthday. While sitting downstairs we were approached by a Sazo's manager that gave my fiancee a birthday dessert. What a nice surprise! Thank you!Special Features:
- I was very disappointed withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/22/2010I was very disappointed with my experience at Sazo's. Sazo's web site never indicated that it was located in a hotel. The hostess and our waiter were not friendly at all. They barley spoke a word to us. Hardly anyone dinning while we were there. Not much of a selection from the menu, but what I did order was good. The food and drinks were way over priced. I would not recommend this place for anyone, and I will never come back to dine here again.
- We went on a week night andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2010We went on a week night and the place was a little slow but nice and quiet. The food is superb. I was surprised at how much we received for the amount we paid. Our waitress Jessica was attentive and polite. The only thing that I didn't care too much for was the booth. The backs were too high and made it a little uncomfortable as we ate. So I would suggest a table. With that said, I look forward to dinning out here again in the near future. I would definitely recommend Sazo's for a nice night out on the town or for a special occasion.Special Features:
- The atmosphere was good, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/17/2010The atmosphere was good, very modern. The service was so-so and the food was good, but nothing to write home about. We had the seared salmon and it was a little over-done, the rice seemed as if it had been sitting under a heat-lamp: dry and almost crunchy. The black beans were delicious and fresh, and the queso was good if not a bit watery. Overall decent, would go again, but not tops on my list.Special Features: