Sazon - Santa Rosa
1129 Sebastopol Rd.
Santa Rosa, CA 95407Neighborhood:
PeruvianPrice: $30 and under
Sazon - Santa Rosa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sazonsr.com/
- Phone: 7075234346
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11:00am-2:30pm
Lunch: Sa-Su 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: M-F 5:00pm-8:30pm
Dinner: Sa-Su 4:00pm-8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Peruvian, South American
- Executive Chef: Pedro Sulub
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Sazon-Santa Rosa welcomes your private event! We can accommodate parties up to 20 for wedding rehearsals, birthday dinners and other private events. Let our family make your event a cherished memory.
- Private Party Contact: Jose Navarro 8885997756
A word from Sazon - Santa Rosa
Say "sah-ZAWN" when you say Sazón, the new Peruvian restaurant in the Roseland neighborhood of Santa Rosa. You"re just as likely to say, "Wow!" or "Ahhhh!" or even "M-mmm!" because Sazón will delight you with authentic dishes of Peru. Ají amarillo the most important ingredient in Peruvian cooking. The Navarro family — father and two sons — who operate Sazón don't cater to the timid American palate by stinting on this hot pepper or others in their sauces. They are blazing hot, just like at home in Peru. To sum up: Real Peruvian food has come to Sonoma County and it's wonderful!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerPeruvian
Sazon - Santa Rosa - Best Restaurants in Santa Rosa ›
Sazon - Santa Rosa reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (71)fit for foodies (70)great for lunch (28)special occasion (16)hot spot (9)romantic (6)kid-friendly (6)good for groups (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- What a great place!IlvgfodDined on 10/18/2014This restaurant is the real thing, hand made food at its best. What a difference makes to have Jose the owner to be actively involved, have nothing more to ask for from every dish,all authentic Peruvian ,fresh and original . Loved the mango ceviche and my vegetarian curry, the four of us have all different dihes and sharing was a pleasure .we had a wonderful Viluko Cabernet source by Jose himself and finish with a couple of home made deserts baked by his mother, delicious! We will be backSpecial Features:
- Awesome Peruvian FoodDavidDined on 10/15/2014Tasty, tangy, spicy - describes everything the four of us ordered. The menu is kind of baffling - many choices, all unusual for most local folks until they've been there a few times. The food was really good, especially if you like spicy. Many vegetables with everything and veggie dishes. The fried bananas or plantains dessert was terrific. It happened to be the second to last game of the Giants' National League Series, the TV was one and spirits were high, so I don't really know what the everyday ambiance and noise level is like - I suspect pretty energetic all the time. The restaurant is Zagat AND Michelin awarded.Special Features:
- ScrumptiousGioconditaDined on 10/15/2014This was my second time at the restaurant and, again, I was not disappointed with the food or the service. I ordered some of the same things I had ordered the first time because I had enjoyed them so much! The Giants were playing (and winning) and the atmosphere was very festive and energetic. I will definitely go back many times.Special Features:
- Incredible food at amazing pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014Owner is there and helping serve. The spotless stainless steel kitchen can be seen and as well as the food prep. It's small, usually crowded and reservations are recommended. We've never been disappointed by a single item.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodSebastopolwinoDined on 10/9/2014All the food was delicious and the presentation was excellent. They show a lot of pride in the creation and preparation of home-made recipes. A bit too noisy for me and the wine barrel chairs are uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food for foodiesLyssieDined on 10/5/2014Sazon is a gem of a place. Everything was fresh and clearly home-made, with great use of herbs and spices so it all blended beautifully. Our service was super friendly and efficient. Next time I am in Santa Rosa, I will definitely visit Sazon again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exciting FlavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/4/2014We took a group of 8 to Sazon for fun night out. No one had been there before. We all were pleasantly surprised. The ceviche was the hit of the appetizers, lots of spice, fresh fish, great presentation. The main dishes all met with approval. the Lomo Saltado was filling and tasty. Empanadas and Mussel specials were raved about. The real star of the evening was the chocolate torte with salted caramel ice cream. The best desert ever. We'll be back.Special Features:
- AliasbabsVIPDined on 10/3/2014I really enjoyed Sazon. The food was excellent and different. Prices were very good too. Loved my Pisco Sour.Special Features:
- Classis neighborhood gemparisDined on 9/30/2014My wife has always liked this restaurant a bit more than I, but they get points for quality food and friendly service. A nice, family-owned business. Peruvian food, for my money, is a bit on the bland side and they like their starches in combination. Seems like every dish has beans and rice or rice and potatoes of some sort. But their dishes are original and not like you find anywhere else. We never go there on a weekend because it's just too crowded, noisy and crazy. However, they are expanding into the space next door, so that should help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A-mazing food!!LiveloveatVIPDined on 9/27/2014Food was incredible. We enjoyed several dishes and all tasted extremely well. Seasoned and executed perfectly. Service fell short on attentiveness and efficiency. I work in the industry and it doesn't take much to please me but I can spot FOH staff that impede on a restaurants productivity. It's def a tight space, not much room for comfort here. All I can remember is the reason I came was that I was hungry and the food was magnificent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Peruvian CuisineJadeRioDined on 9/25/2014The menu reflected authentic Peruvian cuisine. The ceviche clasico, excellent, superb. We enjoyed our dinner and the quiet atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SebDDined on 9/19/2014I wanted to experience Peruvian cuisine. The site for this restaurant was impressive. We invited friends we wanted to talk to. We could not hear each other at all. The noise level was overwhelming. We had to shout at the waitress to order. It definitely took away from our experience. I would like to try some other entees, but will not return because of the noise level.Special Features:
- I LOVE SAZON!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014Sazon is Santa Rosa's hidden gem. Go to Sebastopol Road people!!! That's where the food is at :) The owner has such passion behind his restaurant, and it shines through the staff and the food. Simply the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentWaileaEscapeDined on 9/18/2014This is a small restaurant with wonderful food in an out of the way neighborhood...but the word is out and even on a Thursday evening it is hopping. We always make early evening reservations. The ceviche is what I look forward to the most, but this time we also shared empanadas with flaky, light crusts. My favorite splurge is the offering of 3 of the ceviches for $25 (probably the most expensive thing on the menu), but so satisfying and flavorful. Service is always with a smile and the right amount of attention. The only downside of this restaurant is the noise level. At a table for 2 you must shout at each other and it is crowded and I must admit that you feel rushed to give up your table to others waiting.Special Features:
- Awesome Peruvian Treat!KevininNapaDined on 9/17/2014It was worth the drive from Napa to enjoy a delicious specialized Peruvian dinner. The owner came to greet us and knew who we were - and had read the special note I sent in advance, explaining that this special romantic night out. Great selection of starters, main dishes and dessert. My wife had a special fish entree, trout dish in a special sauce. She said it was delicious. The owner said there wouldn't be any bones, but my wife had to work around those pesky bones. I had the lomo, an absolutely delicious steak in a yummy tomato based sauce and the Pisco cocktail. We shared an amazing dark chocolate tort for dessert! Small place. Well worth price, great quality - and LOTS of food! My Ecuadorian wife felt like she was back home!Special Features:
- Peruvian DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/16/2014We tried Sazon on a recommendation, and were not disappointed. It's a small place, not fancy, but nice decor for a strip-mall location. We were perusing the menu and marveling at the selections to our server (hello Jose!), and he pointed out a ceviche tasting option with three of the seven (or so) choices of ceviche from the menu. That was a great idea, we chose three, and they were all fantastic and completely different. My wife had the Paella (very nice) and I had a slow-braised pork dish with rice and beans that was tender and juicy. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a GREAT findCmackDined on 9/16/2014We were impressed by every aspect of dining at Sazon. The owner greeted us, remembered that it was my husband's birthday, explained the yummy Peruvian dishes, and made the experience a wonderful one. The food presentation was mouth-watering and the food itself scrumptious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDivadadDined on 9/14/2014Wonderful Peruvian food which as a strong European influence. Service was attentive but one of our entrées arrived quite late howeverSpecial Features:
- Great CevicheJackieVIPDined on 9/6/2014Yummy food, especially the ceviche. I had the seabass special and my husband the empanadas [they are fried; not baked]. It is very small but well run eatery. Be sure to make reservations. Casual attire. We'll go back again. $10 corkage.Special Features:
- Great foodand reasonably priced!LindaVIPDined on 8/28/2014I had sea bass that was delicious with Lima bean mash and my husband had ahi tuna that was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014This is a nice gem in an unassuming strip mall. Friendly service with amazing food. It's a small space so I would recommend a reservation if going on a Friday or Saturday night or at peek times.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Charming tiny restaurant with friendly, attentive service but found the food very disappointing.Special Features:
- Best Peruvian Food In Northern CADisappointedDined on 8/21/2014There were four of us and we shared 3 different kinds of ceviche all excellent. We saved the marinade from the Ceviche Classico had it put in shot glasses with a bit of pisco. The combination was fantastic. We also had the Papas Rellena which were a nice contrast to the Ceviche. For the main course we shared the salmon and the tuna specials. Both of which were excellent. For desert we had the chocolate tart and the Peruvian crème Brule a great finish to a great meal.Special Features:
- Sazon continues to impressRickCathDined on 8/17/2014We remember when Sazon first opened several years ago and we found the cuisine very tasty and fresh. After having a family reunion group go there recently, we are pleased to report that the ceviches sparkle, the tang of the causa limena delights, and the variety of entrees is amazing. We have been to several SF Peruvians and only Piqueo's compares for food quality and neighborhood authenticity. We look forward to our next outing at Sazon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A-maxing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014We loved it! The food was incredible, the service was excellent. Super fresh ingredients put together in such a beautiful way. Presentation was also great. How did we not know about this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We never would have found itJudyVIPDined on 8/11/2014Without Opentable. Great Peruvian food for both hubby who loves mild and had tenderloin Lomo Saltado and I who had ceviche mixto and 3 appetizer special. All delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gracias!trufleVIPDined on 8/10/2014The two of us loved Sazon! I have been to Peru and eaten at many Peruvian Restaurants and it is the best.Special Features:
- It is simply tops in Santa RosaTheColonelVIPDined on 8/10/2014Folks, I have eaten at Sazon many, times this last year, each time I come away in total awe at how good the food is. It is simply one of the top restaurants in Sonoma county. Though slightly expensive, I have never come away anything but ecstatic! Their cevichi's are incredibly delicious, and this visit I tried the Peruvian Paella, While the contents are typical , the sauce in deliciously different. We had a very nice bottle of Spanish Cava and they do have a nice selection of Sonoma County wines. Just to be different I actually had the plantain rice and egg which is an appetizer for desert . Easy to find, free parking front and rear, and do as I have done, Bike there! the Joe Rodota trail is a block away. You cant go wrong eating here!Special Features:
- foodie heaven!SunnyDined on 8/9/2014Thank you so much for changing up the menu so that when I bring my foodie friends in, I can try something different! My friends all tried the ceviche samplers, and all were very happy with their selection, fresh, unique and delicious. The potato/crab appetizer is always a tasty beautiful way to start a meal. Presentation as always was superb. Thank you for another yummy dining experience. I did feel guilty staying for dessert as there were many people waiting to get a table. I think you could do very VERY well in a bit larger venue.Special Features:
- Always a god meal here !jgambiDined on 8/8/2014We have been here many times and have not been disappointed in the service or meal..Love their sangrias and ceviche fish !! I seem to go for the roasted chicken..Our other guests are all about fish dishes.Special Features:
- Peruvian at it's best!RojoDined on 8/5/2014Great food, authentic flavors, well prepared with beautiful presentation. The service was great. It is a bit small so make reservations and enjoy something new!Special Features:
- Great dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/29/2014We were visiting from out of town and found this on Yelp. We were not disappointed! It is a quaint little restaurant and had a very nice ambiance. We had to wait a little to get in, but the wait was worth it. We had a ceviche appetizer that we split between the four of us that was fresh and very tasty. For the entrees, we split a seafood stew and a braised lamb shank. Both were great. The server was fun and knowledgeable and we would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find!maluDined on 7/26/2014Great flavorful creative food in this reasonably priced Peruvian restaurant. When it becomes well-known it will be impossible to get in, because it is a cozy space...Special Features:
- Hidden neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/21/2014The menu is a real treat. The offerings provide a colorful and delicious combination of flavors and the presentation is creative and pleasing to the eye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Green in the middle of RoselandWeekendBlissedDined on 7/19/2014GREAT food, awesome and attentive service and lovely ambience made this place a good oasis in Roseland. Highly recommend for a great meal off the beaten path.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and Fabulous PeruvianOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014Delightfully surprised by the adventure of fresh tastes and culinary presentation. The menu is extensive and authentic Peruvian with a bold flair of adventure. The waitstaff was extremely knowledgeable and helpful in selection. We could have dined all day…..in decadent pleasure. Small and quaint, reservations probably recommended. Fabulous and fresh.Special Features:
- CarolDined on 7/18/2014Absolutely the best and most interesting food EVER! This restaurant is one of our favorites. The owner is truly an inspired and enthusiastic artist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and UniqueclassypeteDined on 7/17/2014Each dish was prepared very well and the flavors were unique and very much to my liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High energy fun Peruvian restaurantSRDinerDined on 7/12/2014Reservations are a must in this 32 seat restaurant that serves the world's best mango ceviche. Causas are beautifully presented, the grilled shrimp salad, a recent special was perfect and the entire staff, front and back of the house in this tiny restaurant appear happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique food and friendly servicemarshajDined on 7/11/2014We have been to Sazon many times and enjoyed the experience each and every meal. Original family recipes from Peru which can be adjusted to desired warmth of spices are blended with locally grown produce and seafood in season. Many of the special touches are obtained fresh from Peru by the energetic family that own Sazon. A real find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.