Sazon - Santa Rosa
1129 Sebastopol Rd.
Santa Rosa, CA 95407Neighborhood:
PeruvianPrice: $30 and under
Sazon - Santa Rosa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sazonsr.com/
- Phone: 7075234346
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11:00am-2:30pm
Lunch: Sa-Su 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: M-F 5:00pm-8:30pm
Dinner: Sa-Su 4:00pm-8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Peruvian, South American
- Executive Chef: Pedro Sulub
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Sazon-Santa Rosa welcomes your private event! We can accommodate parties up to 20 for wedding rehearsals, birthday dinners and other private events. Let our family make your event a cherished memory.
- Private Party Contact: Jose Navarro 8885997756
A word from Sazon - Santa Rosa
Say "sah-ZAWN" when you say Sazón, the new Peruvian restaurant in the Roseland neighborhood of Santa Rosa. You"re just as likely to say, "Wow!" or "Ahhhh!" or even "M-mmm!" because Sazón will delight you with authentic dishes of Peru. Ají amarillo the most important ingredient in Peruvian cooking. The Navarro family — father and two sons — who operate Sazón don't cater to the timid American palate by stinting on this hot pepper or others in their sauces. They are blazing hot, just like at home in Peru. To sum up: Real Peruvian food has come to Sonoma County and it's wonderful!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerPeruvian
Sazon - Santa Rosa - Best Restaurants in Santa Rosa ›
Sazon - Santa Rosa reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (62)neighborhood gem (62)great for lunch (28)special occasion (16)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)romantic (5)great for outdoor dining (4)good for groups (4)Show More
- Great foodDivadadDined on 9/14/2014Wonderful Peruvian food which as a strong European influence. Service was attentive but one of our entrées arrived quite late howeverSpecial Features:
- Great CevicheJackieVIPDined on 9/6/2014Yummy food, especially the ceviche. I had the seabass special and my husband the empanadas [they are fried; not baked]. It is very small but well run eatery. Be sure to make reservations. Casual attire. We'll go back again. $10 corkage.Special Features:
- Great foodand reasonably priced!LindaVIPDined on 8/28/2014I had sea bass that was delicious with Lima bean mash and my husband had ahi tuna that was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014This is a nice gem in an unassuming strip mall. Friendly service with amazing food. It's a small space so I would recommend a reservation if going on a Friday or Saturday night or at peek times.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Charming tiny restaurant with friendly, attentive service but found the food very disappointing.Special Features:
- Best Peruvian Food In Northern CADisappointedDined on 8/21/2014There were four of us and we shared 3 different kinds of ceviche all excellent. We saved the marinade from the Ceviche Classico had it put in shot glasses with a bit of pisco. The combination was fantastic. We also had the Papas Rellena which were a nice contrast to the Ceviche. For the main course we shared the salmon and the tuna specials. Both of which were excellent. For desert we had the chocolate tart and the Peruvian crème Brule a great finish to a great meal.Special Features:
- Sazon continues to impressRickCathDined on 8/17/2014We remember when Sazon first opened several years ago and we found the cuisine very tasty and fresh. After having a family reunion group go there recently, we are pleased to report that the ceviches sparkle, the tang of the causa limena delights, and the variety of entrees is amazing. We have been to several SF Peruvians and only Piqueo's compares for food quality and neighborhood authenticity. We look forward to our next outing at Sazon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A-maxing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014We loved it! The food was incredible, the service was excellent. Super fresh ingredients put together in such a beautiful way. Presentation was also great. How did we not know about this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We never would have found itJudyVIPDined on 8/11/2014Without Opentable. Great Peruvian food for both hubby who loves mild and had tenderloin Lomo Saltado and I who had ceviche mixto and 3 appetizer special. All delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gracias!trufleDined on 8/10/2014The two of us loved Sazon! I have been to Peru and eaten at many Peruvian Restaurants and it is the best.Special Features:
- It is simply tops in Santa RosaTheColonelVIPDined on 8/10/2014Folks, I have eaten at Sazon many, times this last year, each time I come away in total awe at how good the food is. It is simply one of the top restaurants in Sonoma county. Though slightly expensive, I have never come away anything but ecstatic! Their cevichi's are incredibly delicious, and this visit I tried the Peruvian Paella, While the contents are typical , the sauce in deliciously different. We had a very nice bottle of Spanish Cava and they do have a nice selection of Sonoma County wines. Just to be different I actually had the plantain rice and egg which is an appetizer for desert . Easy to find, free parking front and rear, and do as I have done, Bike there! the Joe Rodota trail is a block away. You cant go wrong eating here!Special Features:
- foodie heaven!SunnyDined on 8/9/2014Thank you so much for changing up the menu so that when I bring my foodie friends in, I can try something different! My friends all tried the ceviche samplers, and all were very happy with their selection, fresh, unique and delicious. The potato/crab appetizer is always a tasty beautiful way to start a meal. Presentation as always was superb. Thank you for another yummy dining experience. I did feel guilty staying for dessert as there were many people waiting to get a table. I think you could do very VERY well in a bit larger venue.Special Features:
- Always a god meal here !jgambiDined on 8/8/2014We have been here many times and have not been disappointed in the service or meal..Love their sangrias and ceviche fish !! I seem to go for the roasted chicken..Our other guests are all about fish dishes.Special Features:
- Peruvian at it's best!RojoDined on 8/5/2014Great food, authentic flavors, well prepared with beautiful presentation. The service was great. It is a bit small so make reservations and enjoy something new!Special Features:
- Great dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/29/2014We were visiting from out of town and found this on Yelp. We were not disappointed! It is a quaint little restaurant and had a very nice ambiance. We had to wait a little to get in, but the wait was worth it. We had a ceviche appetizer that we split between the four of us that was fresh and very tasty. For the entrees, we split a seafood stew and a braised lamb shank. Both were great. The server was fun and knowledgeable and we would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find!maluDined on 7/26/2014Great flavorful creative food in this reasonably priced Peruvian restaurant. When it becomes well-known it will be impossible to get in, because it is a cozy space...Special Features:
- Hidden neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/21/2014The menu is a real treat. The offerings provide a colorful and delicious combination of flavors and the presentation is creative and pleasing to the eye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Green in the middle of RoselandWeekendBlissedDined on 7/19/2014GREAT food, awesome and attentive service and lovely ambience made this place a good oasis in Roseland. Highly recommend for a great meal off the beaten path.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and Fabulous PeruvianOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014Delightfully surprised by the adventure of fresh tastes and culinary presentation. The menu is extensive and authentic Peruvian with a bold flair of adventure. The waitstaff was extremely knowledgeable and helpful in selection. We could have dined all day…..in decadent pleasure. Small and quaint, reservations probably recommended. Fabulous and fresh.Special Features:
- CarolDined on 7/18/2014Absolutely the best and most interesting food EVER! This restaurant is one of our favorites. The owner is truly an inspired and enthusiastic artist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and UniqueclassypeteDined on 7/17/2014Each dish was prepared very well and the flavors were unique and very much to my liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High energy fun Peruvian restaurantSRDinerDined on 7/12/2014Reservations are a must in this 32 seat restaurant that serves the world's best mango ceviche. Causas are beautifully presented, the grilled shrimp salad, a recent special was perfect and the entire staff, front and back of the house in this tiny restaurant appear happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique food and friendly servicemarshajDined on 7/11/2014We have been to Sazon many times and enjoyed the experience each and every meal. Original family recipes from Peru which can be adjusted to desired warmth of spices are blended with locally grown produce and seafood in season. Many of the special touches are obtained fresh from Peru by the energetic family that own Sazon. A real find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll go here again!happyDined on 7/7/2014This was a delightful experience. As it was our first time, we just did the appetizer and ceviche tasting menus, and everything was delicious! A nice option if you want to eat light and not order a big entree. The restaurant is quite small, and there was no one there when we got there, around 7:15. Within 20 minutes, though it really began to fill up, and this was a Monday. You might want reservations if you are dining on traditionally busier night. The service was good--quick, efficient and very friendly. I'm looking forward to going back and trying the rest of the stuff on their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Hole In The WallHarveyDined on 7/6/2014Located in a non-descript strip mall Saxon is a friendly small delight. The food is really good and not at all expensive. All the entrees we ordered came with French Fries. I would have preferred something moe Peruvian.The service was excellent, but for one gaff. I highly recommend this little hole in the wall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good foodjgambiDined on 7/6/2014Our fourth time we have eaten here and we keep going back. Love the raw fish dishes , chicken is moist and delicious. Sangria is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peruvian delightrlwmaDined on 7/5/2014Great authentic Peruvian cuisine. Off the beaten path but well worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4th of July find!PacificaJayVIPDined on 7/4/2014We didn't have a lot of other options, but boy were we happy with this selection. Helpful staff, food came out quickly, and we enjoyed it immensely!Special Features:
- still greatwindsoreatersDined on 7/3/2014We ate there a couple of times years ago, and enjoyed it; hadn't gotten back for no specific reason. When we took a friend out, YELP reviews lured us back and we were not disappointed at all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must try gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014Every dish we have tried here is outstanding - fresh, light, bright flavors, beautiful presentation. Servings are a perfect size instead of piling on cheap fillers. A gem. Wonderful owner - friendly, happy to explain dishes, attentive. The prawn soup is to die for, with or without the rice. Make sure to book as its tiny and very popular - you can do that on line!Special Features:
- Peruvian plus!Eating4funDined on 6/21/2014I wished I'd had room for dessert. The dishes that passed by me looked delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedRaeLynneDined on 6/19/2014So nice to go to a small restaurant where you are treated like family. Best part is thenabsolutelyndelicious food. Everything we have ever ordered has been perfect.Special Features:
- i'll be back!notacookDined on 6/12/2014Third time in a month, food and service still great!Special Features:
- amazing food!notacookDined on 6/6/2014Have eaten here twice so far. Every dish has been delicious, wait staff very enthusiastic and attentive.Special Features:
- My Sazon CrushMrHalfspeedDined on 5/28/2014If this restaurant were a woman, I would date it. Even though I have been here multiple times over the last couple of years, there are enough changes in the menu to keep the place intriguing. Honestly, I am not a big fan of seafood, but I so love this place that it worries me. We had the ceviche assortment with an order of the paella. Delicious. Our server, Michelle, is just adorable. The entire staff is friendly and attentive. I cannot wait to come back. I wonder if I'm a stalker?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ceviche extraordinaire!CricketDined on 5/26/2014This small hole in the wall Peruvian restaurant in Santa Rosa is a real gem. The food is excellent -- especially the six varieties of ceviche. The sauces are so extraordinary that we don't waste a drop. Wish they were in Marin!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/23/2014The place is small but is clean and feels Peruvia with all the photos and art....the owner is always there and attentive. The food has fresh flavors, is attractively served and well spiced without being too hot. The variety is wonderful....the shrimp with mango citrus sauce as an appetizer is excellent and the chicken in cream sauce is lovely, as is their paella. A very pleasant experience and they had added outdoor tables but I prefer inside. Parking off street is available in the back.Special Features:
- Fresh and delicious!SunnyDined on 5/22/2014I had the lima bean quinoa salad with salmon this time, it was the special. For the record I do not care for lima beans, but I have never eaten anything in this restaurant that was not spectacular. The quinoa salad with lima beans was in a light vinaigrette with fresh citrus and it was very tasty and different. The salmon was perfectly cooked with a dab of rosemary cream sauce on top. Yum!Special Features:
- Good FoodSiennaDined on 5/19/2014There are lots of options to chose from. Their wine selection really isn't bad for how small they are. Everyone is friendly and the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 196 reviews are from the Sazon - Santa Rosa reviews archive.
- Great cevicheJen49erFanVIPDined on 5/17/2014Really enjoyed the Ceviche and service. Very small and nice neighborhood find. Jose was really helpful making great suggestions. We will definitely go back for more!Special Features: