1101 4th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sazeracrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2066247755x
- Hours of Operation:
BRUNCH: Saturday-Sunday 8:00am-2:30pm;
BREAKFAST: Monday-Friday 6:30am-10:30am;
LUNCH: Monday-Friday 11:30am-2:30pm;
DINNER: Monday-Sunday 5:00pm-10:00pm;
BAR/LOUNGE: Monday-Saturday 11:30am-11:00pm and Sunday 2:30pm-10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Jason McClure
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We Cater!
- Special Events: Please our Events page http://www.sazeracrestaurant.com/seattle-restaurant-events.php
A word from Sazerac
"Serious fun, damn good food." Named after the potent New Orleans cocktail, Sazerac is by far one of downtown Seattle's hippest spots. The food is fresh with deep resonant flavors, roasted and wood-fired, earthy and sensual.Continued
"This southern-style spot is destined to be a Seattle classic." -Seattle Times
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sazerac reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (20)great for lunch (15)good for groups (14)great for brunch (12)special occasion (10)vibrant bar scene (9)neighborhood gem (8)romantic (6)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Nice restaurant, good breakfastOncDocVIPDined on 9/27/2014I don't get here often, but it's worth remembering as a particularly good place for breakfast. Their southern-inspired lunch and dinner options are also good, but there are very limited, non-Starbucks options. The space is cool, the service good, and it's a great breakfast.Special Features:
- Bday supperOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Saw this place last time I was in Seattle and wanted to try it out. The trout was mediocre, but the appetizer of bacon-wrapped dates, chocolate ganache souffle dessert, and suggested wine pairing was amazing, as was the service. I'll be back to give another main course a shot just because everything else was so delicious!
- $3,000 a year restaurant bill3000dollarfoodiebillDined on 9/11/2014Something for everybody with small but varied menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningrjc210Dined on 9/6/2014Restaurant was fantastic. Setting was great, our server was wonderful, and the food was delicious. The staff even asked if we were catching a show and then accommodated us as necessary. If anything, a couple of items were a bit dry, but overall it was quite tasty and a great atmosphere. Would highly recommend and would definitely come back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceKateDined on 9/6/2014We had the four course meal with wine samplers and every course was delicious. The only thing I have to add is that the portions were a bit large for four courses and we were not able to finish the main course or the dessert :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good work day lunch spotMegjoyoDined on 9/5/2014Sazerac is good, but a little pricey for what you get. Awesome when someone else is paying. The catfish was delicious. The person with me said the burger was pretty good, but not as good as Quinn's on Capitol Hill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy reasonable and enjoyable!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Personally I loved my drink the most- a Sazerac! Very fun feel to this place. Kind of like modern speakeasy? Cool ambiance, good service and yummy food. Had the kale ceasar to start which was very good. Their ceasar dressing was yummy and not too fishy which I appreciated. Fresh shreds of Parmesan on top with croutons and a healthy portion of kale and romaine. Then split the White pizza with a friend- thin crust, decent size for a split. Had a little bite to it and was very yummy. My husband had the half chicken with fries. The shoestring fries were incredible. Chicken very moist. I'd have both again and would recommend the place. I do think a more in depth cocktail list would be fun.Special Features:
- dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Started with a creamy chocolate martini, but it was way too strong so I sent it back and ordered a red wine instead. I have had their lemon drops before and they were delicious. Sweet potato fries are fabulous with their special dipping sauces. I had the catfish and it was very good - the jalapeno/lime "sauce" was a bit too spicy for my taste, but the catfish itself was perfectly done. Also tried the chicken liver mousse - delicious! I prefer to sit at a table in the dining room (which means you can't order off the happy hour menu) rather than the bar because the bar tables usually come with 2 real chairs and 2 stools to sit on. While I appreciate the quirkiness of the stools (they look cute), they are rather uncomfortable to sit on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014Menu looks great but actual dishes are below average.
- Good eatsAmazingVIPDined on 7/25/2014Quick and tasty for lunch which is nice if you need to get in and out in less than an hour. Great wait staff, I plan to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre hotel restaurantHappyBuddhaVIPDined on 7/20/2014Food was inedible. Pieces of Woody stalk in parsnip purée. Fatty meat. Average pizza. Distracted waiter.
- Outrageous price - very little foodLowvalueVIPDined on 7/20/2014The taste of the food was very good, however, the price was outrageous for how much food we got. I ordered a $27 halibut that was so small I took a picture and texted it to friends and posted to Facebook to joke about how small it was. I would not recommend this restaurant due to pricing.Special Features:
- Food choices sparsewannabeDined on 7/14/2014I was surprised at the food choices for dinner; seemed a bit sparse. I cannot eat 4-legged meat so that eliminated some, but usually there are other protein based choices that are appetizing. No protein or choice of protein to add to the salad. No fish, really? In a NW restaurant?Special Features:
- Great Food!!ATXBruceVIPDined on 7/12/2014This was a great find on Opentable. The restaurant is beautiful and the service is outstanding. The real winner was the food. We started out with the oozing St. Andre cheese. Bad name but this is one of our favorite cheeses anyway. It is served warm on some grilled bread. Next we had the smoked ahi tuna which was perfectly prepared and very good. We also ad the Idaho crunchy catfish. This dish is an explosion of flavor; this is a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it, but not for everyone.BobBDined on 7/9/2014Brought my parents and some other family one night for dinner. My wife and I frequent Sazerac for business and the occasional meal and/or drink before seeing a show, etc. Everything was great, except less adventurous eaters may find the menu a bit challenging. My father accidentally mistook a cheese/meat plate for an entree. The half chicken entree was light on sides -- mostly just the chicken. All in all, the drinks and food were fantastic, and the service was top notch. It wasn't very busy so I'm not sure why the kitchen was so slow that night. A little over $200 for six adults with drinks and a couple appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost ate every meal hereseleniumDined on 7/5/2014I was in Seattle for a weekend and ate two meals there, and could have eaten all of them there except my travel partner wanted crab legs. The lamb sausage is delicious. The chicken liver mouse is whipped almost to air (I ate it on apple slices). The cheese selection portions were huge. We basically stuffed ourselves silly on meaty, cheesy deliciousness. Our server was a new guy named Ryan who was exceptional (he's tall with curly brown hair. Ask him if he's read "The Little Prince" yet if you see him). Note that the website lists a gluten-free menu but the restaurant itself didn't have one yet. However, they were very careful to prepare things GF by request. Can't say enough good things about this place. Just go.Special Features:
- Grams70Dined on 7/1/2014We enjoyed breakfast and lunch at safecracker. However, dinner was disappointing. The halibut was overlooked. The long beans tasted reheated and were barely warm. We asked for bread and were told it was baking. But when we got it, it was warm on the outside and cold inside. Since we are staying in the hotel where the restaurant is located, we have returned for breakfast, which is tasty.Special Features:
- Great Service...zackmoVIPDined on 6/24/2014But the food is tired and unimaginative....service
- Great food and service as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/18/2014Sazerac is our favorite downtown restaurant. What we especially like about the food is the imaginative, unusual -- and delicious -- combinations of ingredients that make otherwise very good main courses into something uniquely flavorful. The three of us had ricotta dumplings with shallots, chard and parmesan; pork cheeks with mushrooms and sweet peppers; and Hawaiian big eye tuna -- sashimi-grade tuna lightly grilled and pink in the middle. The pizza also makes the most of wonderful and atypical mixtures of toppings. The wine list is also excellent. Yeah, we like Sazerac a lot.Special Features:
- Poor service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Waiting 45 minutes before server took order. The item I wanted on the menu was not available so I asked if there was anything else not available he said no. I needed to review the menu again when it was timed to place my order the next it I ordered was not available either. We asked for our bill for our drinks the server came back with a full bill for food we hadn't ordered. Not once did the manager come by to check on us and see it try to accommodate our table to keep us there. This was Father's Day and very disappointing for my family.
- Some DisappointmentlancemDined on 6/7/2014disappointed w/desserts....ordered pizza & mushroom appetizers that never came. Due to I90 traffic we were 30 minutes late and were therefore on a time crunch for the 5th Ave theatre. Perhaps the waitress thought there was no time for the appetizers but didn't discuss that with us and so we just sat there with wine and nothing to eat till the main courses came.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a light, tasty dinnerphilbeyDined on 6/3/2014Although they have a broad menu with full dinners, we usually get a salad and sausage plate, or the like. The salads are big enough to share. This time, three of us shared a green salad and beet salad for a first course. For the second course, we ordered the cured ham, Andouille sausage, and lamb sausage. All were excellent, but be warned that the latter two are rather spicy. Everyone was happy with their choice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 715 reviews are from the Sazerac reviews archive.
- Perfect for a special birthdayNancyDined on 5/30/2014We loved the varied menu -- four course dinner option as well as large and small plates for three very different experiences and dining preferences. Flavors were fabulous, portions generous, presentation lovely. And, the subtle birthday acknowledgement was just what we hoped for. Thanks!Special Features:
- Downtown Lunch is GreatmareDined on 5/28/2014I went there with my boss for lunch, and had the pulled pork sandwich. It was really good and the sweet potato fries were excellent. Service was great and cost was what you'd expect from a nicer restaurant in downtown. So I took someone there the next week for a birthday lunch. Again, the menu had a wonderful selection, the food was awesome and our waiter was knowledgable and friendly. We even were treated to a birthday cake, which made the lunch even more special. I really like Sazerac and it's now my go to place to go out for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's day bruncheveconeveDined on 5/11/2014We went there for Mother's Day brunch and the food was great. Nicely presented and very tasty. However, service was not good. Server will give us no time to review the menu or decide. Then, literally, run away before we could order drinks with our brunch. He decided to bring my kids food before the rest, which was not what we wanted, we did not even ask for that. And he decided not to bring any toast to my husband, because they were running low of whole wheat, instead of asking him if he would like another type of bread. Anyway, bad kitchen planning... how do you run low of whole wheat bread on a Sunday brunch at 11 am? Then, he just dropped the check without asking if we needed anything else. It was obvious they were in volume-day: in/out.Special Features:
- Brunch blissGuerreroDined on 5/11/2014We were staying downtown for the weekend and wanted a nice breakfast before we left town. Sazarac looked nice, so we gave it a shot. SO glad we did! Our brunch was great -- crab cake benedict was to die for. My husband's hash was delicious (and such a generous portion that he didn't eat it all, which, for him, is pretty amazing.) The service was friendly and attentive without being annoying. The restaurant is lovely to look atSpecial Features:
- Delightful!LovesGreatFoodDined on 5/5/2014My friend and I went to Sazerac before an event at Benaroya Hall. Our server was so conscientious about time as well as attentive to our dining wishes. He recommended excellent dishes as well--the crispy catfish with the jalapeño-lime-browned butter reduction was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and relaxed ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014We ate at Sezarac twice while staying at the Hotel Monaco -- once for brunch and a late, light dinner. Service and food were perfect both times. Breakfast menu is a little limited and lacking basics, like pancakes. We really enjoyed our late-night dinner, with individual pizzas, salads and a good glass of wine. Service was friendly and well-paced. I definitely recommend.Special Features:
- ServiceeatingisaneventDined on 4/27/2014We found the service to be exceptional. The waiter assisted us with great patience and provided suggestions as we made various changes to our meal in order to accommodate our dietary considerations. The food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerBearwifeDined on 4/24/2014This is a cozy restaurant with tasty food. The cocktails are outstanding, and our mushroom appetizer, chicory and quinoa salad, and entrees -- catfish and a half chicken -- were great. I appreciated the substitution by the kitchen of a wonderful vegetable medley in place of the usual mashed jalapeño potatoes with the catfish. Service was friendly and helpful. And the Monaco next door is a great addition to this restaurant's ambience.Special Features:
- Staff Lunchfour4lunchDined on 4/22/2014I took my staff to Sazerac for a staff appreciation lunch and we were all very happy with what we ordered. Although very full, we ordered dessert and the ooey gooey chocolate cake was the favorite. Great food and great service too. I highly recommened Sazerac.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014Six of us for brunch; six different entrees, six great meals. Perfect!Special Features:
- Excellent Brunch Choice!FoodieFunVIPDined on 4/19/2014Sazarac is a very nice, large restaurant with a beautiful ambiance. The brunch was great and service wonderful! We'd definitely go back. The omelet was fluffy and delicious!Special Features:
- Sazerac SizzlesDLineDined on 4/18/2014A evening of celebration for my wife and I was pleasantly elevated by the superior food and friendly service. Beginning with an appetizer of white anchovies on a bed of cucumbers complimented with an amazing light sauce, entrees of scallops on carmaelized brussel sprouts and grilled tuna with an olive salad on celery root puree. Tasty cocktails, and a deliciously light pineapple sorbet for dessert. Wow! We had been there for happy hour but Sazerac is now on our top ten dining experiences in the City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service/FoodSpudDined on 4/9/2014I had a 6:15 pm reservation, prior to attending a concert @ Benaroya Hall. The service was fast & efficient with quick coctail service. The food was fresh, nicely prepared, & well presented! A delightful experience...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre-show dinner and drinksAspiringSeattleFoodieVIPDined on 4/8/2014Sazerac provides a nice, comfortable atmosphere with enjoyable, if not particularly remarkable food. The truffle appetizer was quite good and the pizzas that my boyfriend and I ordered were both tasty as well. A reliable choice in a bright, cheery spot downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was all excellent, butAnnieDined on 4/6/2014It was all excellent, but the service is what really stands out. Our server was knowledgeable, relaxed, funny, professional, personable. He made the whole experience memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great placeJDG953Dined on 3/27/2014Have been here a number of times and the food/service is superb and prices are very reasonable for the high quality of food and service.Special Features:
- Sazerac Never FailsrblumentVIPDined on 3/12/2014Sazerac, along with the Dahlia Lounge and Poppy, continues to be one of our favorite restaurants in Seattle. The flavors are rich, the food is creative, and the textures are rich and luxurious. I had a new dish this time, ricotta dumplings that were exquisite. Not diet food, for sure, but so wonderfully flavored and rich, with obvious amounts of butter, cream and cheese. A warm and wonderful comfort food. The salads were fresh and flavorful, and the cheese plate was up to its usual excellent standards. Service is very comfortable and friendly, and the atmosphere is quite active. They have a very popular Happy Hour which extends until 8:00 pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We often come here for lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/12/2014We often come here for lunch. It's a great place for it. We love the pulled pork and fresh fish of the day sanchwiches here. They are extremely delicious. We would strongly recommend these to anyone. You could never go wrong with it. In addition, the service is excellent. We told our server that we were on a time constraint and he did his best to accommodate our request. We finished our lunch in 45 minutes from the time we were seated and out the door, which was too awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.