Saylor's Restaurant and Bar
Sausalito, CA 94965Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Saylor's Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.saylorsrestaurantandbar.com/
- Phone: (415) 332-1512
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Sean Saylor
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Weddings, Corporate Catering, Social Events, Any Occasion. Let us help you plan the perfect event with the perfect menu.
- Private Party Facilities: Our festive "Cabo Wabo" room seats up to 50 guests in varying configurations. It's a fabulous place to have a party, get together or meeting. Our full menu is available for you and your guests. We will also be happy to design a menu specifically for your group.
- Private Party Contact: Sean Saylor 4153321512x
A word from Saylor's Restaurant and Bar
We at Saylor's Restaurant and Bar are inspired by the lifestyle and cuisine of Cabo, a vacation destination at the Southern tip of the Baja California Peninsula known for its relaxed and cultivated atmosphere/ambiance. We fell in love with Cabo and want to share our passion for all things Cabo by offering a unique opportunity for diners to experience fresh and sophisticated Cabo-inspired cuisine in a festive and relaxed atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Saylor's Restaurant and Bar - Best Restaurants in Sausalito ›
Saylor's Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (12)fit for foodies (10)kid-friendly (7)special occasion (7)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)romantic (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great Find in SausalitoRoadrider125VIPDined on 10/18/2014I have driven by Saylor's countless times and finally we decided to give it a try for dinner. A great experience. Really well prepared food -- nothing exotic, but nice variety of both Mexican and traditional items. However, the wait staff really made the evening. Friendly and knowledgable. Of course, a sampling of several Tequilas on the house made for a fun time.Special Features:
- MehRobertDined on 10/17/2014We dined at Saylor's on the recommendation of a Sausalito resident. We thought the food was OK, but were disappointed in the table at which we were seated--two tables of unequal height pushed together. A better table was available nearby, but I guess we were not locals so not entitled to a decent place to dine. Some highly intoxicated young women were celebrating what must have been a bachelorette party and were disruptive and very loud. Some of our entrees were quite good, but on balance I don't see a reason to return.
- MJPatzDined on 10/2/2014What a find! Really enjoyed the food and service at Saylor's, Can't wait to visit again.Special Features:
- Mex NightNickVIPDined on 9/27/2014The Margaritas were outstanding. Best in Marin. The Cabo Shrimp was delicious. The Pork Shank was fantastic it fell off the bone. Great flavors. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good times at Saylor'sNoodleODined on 9/13/2014I took my friend there for his birthday dinner... We enjoyed our celebration .. The food was very good!! He had the pot roast and I had the Cabo prawns.. The portions were generous. Neither of us could finish our plates. I like Saylor's. It is comfortable, has a lively bar scene and the food is always good. I would have to say that the service was kind of spotty especially when we were first seated. Our server seemed to ignore us for the longest time... and we were hungry!! But I will go back to Saylor's again and again.............................. love their ceviche, by the way...Special Features:
- RushedRudolphVIPDined on 9/9/2014Food is decent. Not sure why we feel rushed by the staff when we come here.Special Features:
- Delicious food, attentive serviceAnnLaLaDined on 8/23/2014Our evening at Saylor's was fantastic - it was my birthday and we had reserved a table for 6, but 2 were going to be late, so they easily accommodated us to another table since "our reserved table" was designated to another group within an hour and half. Then we got an absolute doll of a server who made useful suggestions, answered all questions with a smile, and brought out different tastes of drinks to try. The food was delicious, everyone loved the appetizers and their ordered dishes. The desserts also were great, and the server was attentive and smiling the entire meal. Definitely a restaurant for a return visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 45 reviews are from the Saylor's Restaurant and Bar reviews archive.
- great mexican food1bartenderVIPDined on 7/22/2014food was very good and fresh. great cocktails, deserts.Special Features:
- Saylor's a hidden gemfoodloverDined on 7/19/2014Off the beaten path in Sausalito, but well worth the stop. Outstanding Cabo-inspired menu as well as great fish and chips. Comfortable atmosphere appropriate for any type of dining, good service and nice little bar.Special Features:
- Love Saylors!saylorsfanDined on 7/1/2014Been there many times and always love it. Great food, wonderful and friendly service!! Will go back again and again!Special Features:
- DisappointedT7848Dined on 6/28/2014It's possible I'd only ordered their specials on previous visits but I thought the shrimp fajitas selected from the regular menu were very ordinary. The black beans were fairly tasteless which could describe the meal as a whole. My partner had chiles rellenos which she described as OK. Saylor's is always a pleasant place with good service but our experience this time definitely did not live up to our expectations.
- Food needs work...EatingOutIntheBayDined on 6/12/2014The service here was very friendly and attentive, but the food was not very good AT ALL. Ordered fish tacos - comes with three of them. One tortilla had no fish at all and one had disgusting undercooked fish that looked like a bloody thumb. So awful. Later we tried the flan, and it too was just terrible - tasted like the refrigerator. My friends had a tostada that was very good at least. Seems like they have a sloppy kitchen and chef.Special Features:
- nice & quietOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Quality, fresh food! I had the telapia fajitas and they were awesome! ...so many veggies, plenty of fish, served with yummy guacamole and warm tortillas...delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mexican Food Ever!JesseDined on 4/26/2014We had been meaning to try Saylor's for quite a while and finally did it on Saturday night. The restaurant is pretty noisy but we had a booth so we were somewhat protected from all the surrounding energy. The food was really exceptional. Not the usual Mexican food at all. All fresh and interesting combinations. Try the Cabo Prawns. Or the crab enchiladas. Delicious! Our server (Rico) was terrific. He let us enjoy our cocktails before having to order. And, BTW, the margaritas were wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pork CarnitasOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/19/2014Best pork carnitas we've had anywhere, and we've tasted them all over So Cal and Mexico!Special Features:
- How good is it ? We didn't know...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/16/2014We made a reservation via OpenTable. As we arrive on time, our table was not ready and we had to wait for about 20 minutes (which generally means 30...). So we decide to go somewhere else, where, without any reservation, we just had to wait for... 3 minutes.
- Meh-MexfoodiehitmanVIPDined on 4/15/2014Tried Saylor's based on recommendations, but should have known better when I walked in the door and it smelled slightly off. The waiter was fine, although not very attentive and the margaritas were standard touristy overly sweet type. Food was OK, but nothing to make me ever go back. We had lunch earlier in the day at a "hole in the wall" down the street where for $3.90 you could get a really amazing fish taco, and the guacamole was much better.
- They can certainly preparekim4325VIPDined on 4/4/2014They can certainly prepare your Magarita to the way you like! Happy hours are the best. Very friendly staff.Special Features:
- the building...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014The outside of your restaurant doesn't match the ambiance of inside. It would help if something like window flower boxes could be added, or color trim changed, which a professional could give advice about. You have a very good restaurant so the outside, I feel, should be more inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK!VRAYDined on 3/14/2014A very pricey dinner for a not so good ambiance and service.
- Sunday Night RewardtwojpsVIPDined on 3/8/2014The restaurant was busier early than we have seen recently, but the service was up to the task and most people did not even notice. We had Hapily had Nelson helping us and he is just a professional in every facet. The night was superior!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A treat in SausalitoOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/14/2014Saylor's makes everyone feel like family. The menu is diverse and well-executed, and the margaritas are good and strong. Dine in the bar, and you just might get a hug or a handshake from Guillermo. All of the employees are attentive and welcoming. You can help but feel good after dinner or drinks at Saylor'sSpecial Features:
- Not all it was cracked up to beGayleDined on 1/24/2014This was a disappointing experience. The food was ok, but not great. It was quite mediocre. Margaritas are watery and certainly not everything they're advertised to be.
- yummy mexicanciciDined on 1/23/2014really yummy Mexican food with a nice neighborhood vibeSpecial Features:
- Love this place!MatteoDined on 1/10/2014I've been going to Saylor's for about 10 years. Staff and owner are amazing and they treat you like a king. Food is fantastic. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in our own backyardGaryDined on 1/10/2014So much of Sausalito depends on tourism which is true of most of the restaurants in the village. Saylors is at the North end of town and has a very family local feeling. The food is excellent served by a wait staff who genuinely care that you are pleased with your order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaylorsSaylorsVIPDined on 1/4/2014Saylors was great- the staff was lovely. Definitely large portions, not health food, but very delicious Mexican with margs.Special Features:
- fantastic mexican food!bariDined on 12/21/2013we keep going back to saylors the food is always delicious and the service is the same friendly faces and very attentive! it is a family favorite...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican FoodRubyVIPDined on 11/29/2013Went here for a good enchilada and I'd rate it fair. Nice service.Special Features:
- Great grilled snapper tacos.CblmDined on 10/28/2013good drinks, beer, food and wonderfully friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cabo-esque in SausalitoTMC2014Dined on 9/18/2013Fantastic find -- the fish dishes we enjoyed were excellent -- Service was the best. Patio dining a special treatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodStriderVIPDined on 7/25/2013The food and the margaritas were excellent. Service was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaylorsDonnaVIPDined on 7/12/2013Always good food and excellent, friendly service. We love the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saylors is a fun local eateryLexophileVIPDined on 6/7/2013Food is average, but the place is hopping with locals. It is a good family restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous and diverse menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/24/2013Fabulous and diverse menu. Friendly, great service and great foodSpecial Features:
- Excellent presentation oflajollalynneDined on 5/10/2013Excellent presentation of extremely well cooked food. Always has been a favorite of mine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh my MargaritaChubbyVIPDined on 5/8/2013Simple, effective, service, and large, hot, tasty meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Agave Terrace patio inOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2013The Agave Terrace patio in rear of restaurant is a lovely, quiet, sunny spot for enjoying their wonderful Mexican fare. Delicious Mahi Baja Tacos and of course there Margs were tasty too.Special Features:
- nice friendly atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/3/2013nice friendly atmosphere, accommodating to special tastes great margaritasSpecial Features:
- A bit overpriced, even forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013A bit overpriced, even for the neighborhood. Food could be described as old-style sit down mexican. That is to say, lots of fried things, canned things, etc. Nothing outstanding, but the ambiance is nice.Special Features: