Saylor's Restaurant and Bar
Sausalito, CA 94965Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Saylor's Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.saylorsrestaurantandbar.com/
- Phone: 4153321512x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Sean Saylor
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Weddings, Corporate Catering, Social Events, Any Occasion. Let us help you plan the perfect event with the perfect menu.
- Private Party Facilities: Our festive "Cabo Wabo" room seats up to 50 guests in varying configurations. It's a fabulous place to have a party, get together or meeting. Our full menu is available for you and your guests. We will also be happy to design a menu specifically for your group.
- Private Party Contact: Sean Saylor 4153321512x
A word from Saylor's Restaurant and Bar
We at Saylor's Restaurant and Bar are inspired by the lifestyle and cuisine of Cabo, a vacation destination at the Southern tip of the Baja California Peninsula known for its relaxed and cultivated atmosphere/ambiance. We fell in love with Cabo and want to share our passion for all things Cabo by offering a unique opportunity for diners to experience fresh and sophisticated Cabo-inspired cuisine in a festive and relaxed atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Saylor's Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (8)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (6)good for groups (6)great for brunch (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- great mexican food1bartenderVIPDined on 7/22/2014food was very good and fresh. great cocktails, deserts.Special Features:
- Saylor's a hidden gemfoodloverDined on 7/19/2014Off the beaten path in Sausalito, but well worth the stop. Outstanding Cabo-inspired menu as well as great fish and chips. Comfortable atmosphere appropriate for any type of dining, good service and nice little bar.Special Features:
- Love Saylors!saylorsfanDined on 7/1/2014Been there many times and always love it. Great food, wonderful and friendly service!! Will go back again and again!Special Features:
- DisappointedT7848Dined on 6/28/2014It's possible I'd only ordered their specials on previous visits but I thought the shrimp fajitas selected from the regular menu were very ordinary. The black beans were fairly tasteless which could describe the meal as a whole. My partner had chiles rellenos which she described as OK. Saylor's is always a pleasant place with good service but our experience this time definitely did not live up to our expectations.
- Food needs work...EatingOutIntheBayDined on 6/12/2014The service here was very friendly and attentive, but the food was not very good AT ALL. Ordered fish tacos - comes with three of them. One tortilla had no fish at all and one had disgusting undercooked fish that looked like a bloody thumb. So awful. Later we tried the flan, and it too was just terrible - tasted like the refrigerator. My friends had a tostada that was very good at least. Seems like they have a sloppy kitchen and chef.Special Features:
- nice & quietOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Quality, fresh food! I had the telapia fajitas and they were awesome! ...so many veggies, plenty of fish, served with yummy guacamole and warm tortillas...delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 38 reviews are from the Saylor's Restaurant and Bar reviews archive.
- Best Mexican Food Ever!JesseDined on 4/26/2014We had been meaning to try Saylor's for quite a while and finally did it on Saturday night. The restaurant is pretty noisy but we had a booth so we were somewhat protected from all the surrounding energy. The food was really exceptional. Not the usual Mexican food at all. All fresh and interesting combinations. Try the Cabo Prawns. Or the crab enchiladas. Delicious! Our server (Rico) was terrific. He let us enjoy our cocktails before having to order. And, BTW, the margaritas were wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pork CarnitasOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/19/2014Best pork carnitas we've had anywhere, and we've tasted them all over So Cal and Mexico!Special Features:
- How good is it ? We didn't know...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/16/2014We made a reservation via OpenTable. As we arrive on time, our table was not ready and we had to wait for about 20 minutes (which generally means 30...). So we decide to go somewhere else, where, without any reservation, we just had to wait for... 3 minutes.
- Meh-MexfoodiehitmanVIPDined on 4/15/2014Tried Saylor's based on recommendations, but should have known better when I walked in the door and it smelled slightly off. The waiter was fine, although not very attentive and the margaritas were standard touristy overly sweet type. Food was OK, but nothing to make me ever go back. We had lunch earlier in the day at a "hole in the wall" down the street where for $3.90 you could get a really amazing fish taco, and the guacamole was much better.
- They can certainly preparekim4325VIPDined on 4/4/2014They can certainly prepare your Magarita to the way you like! Happy hours are the best. Very friendly staff.Special Features:
- the building...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014The outside of your restaurant doesn't match the ambiance of inside. It would help if something like window flower boxes could be added, or color trim changed, which a professional could give advice about. You have a very good restaurant so the outside, I feel, should be more inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK!VRAYDined on 3/14/2014A very pricey dinner for a not so good ambiance and service.
- Sunday Night RewardtwojpsVIPDined on 3/8/2014The restaurant was busier early than we have seen recently, but the service was up to the task and most people did not even notice. We had Hapily had Nelson helping us and he is just a professional in every facet. The night was superior!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not all it was cracked up to beGayleDined on 1/24/2014This was a disappointing experience. The food was ok, but not great. It was quite mediocre. Margaritas are watery and certainly not everything they're advertised to be.
- yummy mexicanciciDined on 1/23/2014really yummy Mexican food with a nice neighborhood vibeSpecial Features:
- Love this place!MatteoDined on 1/10/2014I've been going to Saylor's for about 10 years. Staff and owner are amazing and they treat you like a king. Food is fantastic. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in our own backyardGaryDined on 1/10/2014So much of Sausalito depends on tourism which is true of most of the restaurants in the village. Saylors is at the North end of town and has a very family local feeling. The food is excellent served by a wait staff who genuinely care that you are pleased with your order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaylorsSaylorsVIPDined on 1/4/2014Saylors was great- the staff was lovely. Definitely large portions, not health food, but very delicious Mexican with margs.Special Features:
- fantastic mexican food!bariDined on 12/21/2013we keep going back to saylors the food is always delicious and the service is the same friendly faces and very attentive! it is a family favorite...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican FoodRubyDined on 11/29/2013Went here for a good enchilada and I'd rate it fair. Nice service.Special Features:
- Great grilled snapper tacos.CblmDined on 10/28/2013good drinks, beer, food and wonderfully friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cabo-esque in SausalitoTMC2014Dined on 9/18/2013Fantastic find -- the fish dishes we enjoyed were excellent -- Service was the best. Patio dining a special treatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodStriderVIPDined on 7/25/2013The food and the margaritas were excellent. Service was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaylorsDonnaVIPDined on 7/12/2013Always good food and excellent, friendly service. We love the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saylors is a fun local eateryLexophileVIPDined on 6/7/2013Food is average, but the place is hopping with locals. It is a good family restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous and diverse menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/24/2013Fabulous and diverse menu. Friendly, great service and great foodSpecial Features:
- Excellent presentation oflajollalynneDined on 5/10/2013Excellent presentation of extremely well cooked food. Always has been a favorite of mine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh my MargaritaOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/8/2013Simple, effective, service, and large, hot, tasty meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Agave Terrace patio inOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2013The Agave Terrace patio in rear of restaurant is a lovely, quiet, sunny spot for enjoying their wonderful Mexican fare. Delicious Mahi Baja Tacos and of course there Margs were tasty too.Special Features:
- nice friendly atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/3/2013nice friendly atmosphere, accommodating to special tastes great margaritasSpecial Features:
- A bit overpriced, even forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013A bit overpriced, even for the neighborhood. Food could be described as old-style sit down mexican. That is to say, lots of fried things, canned things, etc. Nothing outstanding, but the ambiance is nice.Special Features:
- We've been here before. MealeaterDined on 3/29/2013We've been here before. Meal was fine, but service was not. We were never offered chips & salsa. Waiter checked on us a minimal amount of times. It's a good place to eat but this was definitely an off night for us.
- The Saylors' are great alongRoxieVIPDined on 2/20/2013The Saylors' are great along with their very friendly staffThe food and drinks are always excellentSpecial Features:
- Having just moved to the area,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/12/2013Having just moved to the area, we were excited to try this restaurant within walking distance from our house. The experience at the bar all the way through dinner in the dining room was fantastic! Service, food quality and selection exceeded our expectations. We will most definitely be back!!Special Features:
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013This was our first visit to Saylor's. We were blown away. The food was terrific. The service was amazing. The owner and staff made our two year old daughter feel like a queen. I highly recommend Saylor's.Special Features:
- Favorite local spotjaneksDined on 2/2/2013I have never been disappointed at Saylor's. I spent some time thinking, looking at online menus, trying to decide where to go. It was my birthday dinner with the hubby, just a couple of days late due to crazy work schedules. I realized I did not want to be disappointed. Obviously, Saylor's was the perfect venue. We each had a fabulous 49er gold margarita in honor of our 49ers in the Super Bowl the following day. Yummy! Unfortunately, it was not the winning ticket for our team today :(. I thought about trying something new, but I always go back to Cabo Prawns - yum! Hubby had an evening special of sautéed petrale and loved it. Great food, great drinks, lovely ambience.Special Features:
- Great menu, drinks, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/21/2013We have been going to Saylor's for years because the food there has always been excellent -- always a wide selection of appealing dishes from great Mexican (the best in Marin) to delicious mainstream fish, meat and pasta dishes. It's actually difficult to choose which dish to choose. The margaritas are fantastic (but strong). The service is uniformly friendly and attentive. You can actually hear the people around the table (or the banquet booths, which are our favorite). There is not an iota of the pretentiousness one finds almost everywhere nowadays. We often take friends and guests there, and they then request to be taken there again. Great food, drinks and service every time in a very warm and comfortable setting.Special Features:
- I had the best shrimp dishOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/5/2013I had the best shrimp dish that I have had in years! This was my first time here, and it will not be the last!
- Super.bklinsenbiglerDined on 12/21/2012I love this place, the food is always stellar, seafood is their passion. Margaritas are very tasty, but not sure why a pitcher costs more than $35? Oh well, not complaining, I will go back there often.Special Features: