Saxon + Parole
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Saxon + Parole
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.saxonandparole.com/
- Phone: 2122540350x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday, 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday, 5:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday, 5pm - 10pm
Saturday - Sunday, 10:00am - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Brad Farmerie
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Saxon + Parole
Saxon + Parole, conceived by the award-winning AvroKO Hospitality Group and Executive Chef Brad Farmerie, creators of NoLIta's PUBLIC, brings a global approach to traditional grill fare, within a warm and inviting space on the Bowery. The 112-seat restaurant – named after two prize-winning, New York-bred racehorses – features rich design elements and modernist details, paying homage to the numerous horse stables that once populated Lower Manhattan. The menu explores traditional grill fare, with a focus on domestic meat and seafood, as well as seasonal and sustainable produce. Diners can expect a global twist in the seasoning, cooking methods, and ingredients – highlighted in dishes such as 28-day dry-aged NY strip steak with bone-marrow béarnaise, Heritage farms USA roasted pork rack with purple-potato salad, and roasted Atlantic cod with a tomato-caper broth, Manila clams, braised fennel, white beans and Tuscan kaleContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Saxon + Parole reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (74)vibrant bar scene (53)neighborhood gem (51)hot spot (46)special occasion (45)good for groups (40)romantic (39)great for outdoor dining (23)notable wine list (19)great for brunch (13)great for lunch (8)late-night find (7)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- CharmermotownManVIPDined on 10/16/2014She'll charm you like a coy schoolgirl then reveal the depth of her passion with a vibrant atmosphere while revealing her sophisticated upbringing! She doesn't lay a heavy hand on the atmosphere but rather lets you drink it in slowly and measurably. When you think the drink menu will be the usual fare, she'll excite you with her boldness. But as with any great lady of the stage, she really shines when the menu unfolds. Soak it all in, eat it all up and bring home a night of memories to hold onto whenever the day grows long shadows.Special Features:
- Get the Gnudignudi4lifeDined on 10/13/2014food was amazing!!! absolutely devoured the ricotta gnudi and still craving more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectations!FlavorObsessedDined on 10/12/2014From the over-the-top flavorful Truffle Portobello Pots appetizer to the best prepared duck I've ever tasted to an amazing S'mores-in-a-jar dessert (complete with campfire scent!!), everything was a festival of flavor and prepared to perfection. Even my seasonal Pumpkin Fizz was wonderful, tasted like pie in a glass. I wish there was a Saxon & Parole in Miami, I'd visit every week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool Bowery SpotDoubleDVIPDined on 10/10/2014Great vibe here. Cool staff. Food is solid- try the Brussel sprouts- delicious! Inventive drinks too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, a little noisyjgbmechoDined on 10/9/2014The food was excellent, tables quite close to each other and lots of background noise. Service was very good, excellent wine list and a good selection of beers, including draft and interesting range of bottled beers. Would definitely recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Lively and DeliciousAnneVIPDined on 10/4/2014We loved our evening at Saxon and Parole. The drinks were curated. No Cosmo's because the cannot juice the cranberries. Whatever. The oysters were fresh and delicious. Try a selection. The bone marrow was to die for.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014Our waitress was super friendly, knowledgable, and helpful. We had a couple cocktails and glasses of wine, all good. And for dinner the cote de bouef for two which also came with a bunch of sides. The steak was cooked perfectly and all the sides were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlicDined on 10/2/2014Delish, great and friendly service. Not loud in the smaller dining room. Fun placeSpecial Features:
- Super find in BrooklynOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014We were jet lagged so wish we could have appreciated it more, but this place is a must visit if you have the time to make it - we got a bar seat and were impressed watching the chefs at work, then even more impressed when it came time to eat!Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperiencefunfoodfinderDined on 9/24/2014Great food and service in a very social scene with a varied crowd of friendly people including the efficient and friendly staff. Great place to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the vibe, stay for the foodTheKitchenSpyVIPDined on 9/23/2014S+P has just the right amount of gestalt to feel perfectly at home on the Bowery and the operational and culinary polish to be fit for people who expect good food and service. The menu is curated to entice a wide spectrum of tastes, from less adventurous guests to those of us who want to try something new and interesting. Even if we've been there before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good good, lousy serviceWillDined on 9/20/2014What can I say? I actually enjoyed the food, but any enjoyment was overshadowed by just how awful the service was. Kyle, our server, did his absolute best to ignore us, from leaving us hanging for 20 minutes after we arrived without much of an acknowledgement to sheer avoidance when we tried to order. It didn't get any better as the evening wore on. Aside from a couple of cursory check-ins with us, he acted as though we were a burden to his time chatting with the other wait staff out standing around doing nothing. Ridiculous. I won't be going back.
- Nice overallOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/20/2014Food is good. The atmosphere is lively and energetic and that is the best part of it. We tried the smaller seafood tier, the mushroom pot, 3 meat platter, a special burrata with truffle, kale salad and br. spouts. The mushroom pot and porc rillette were very good. I was not fond of the seafood tier.Special Features:
- GreatGoodEatsVIPDined on 9/17/2014Four of us shared the special 40 ounce ribeye........Fantastic. We hareatd two salads and one "pot" this was plenty for the four of us. Don't forget desert the S'mores are very good. The sealed jar even comes with some smoke from the camp fire.Special Features:
- YUMAnonymousDined on 9/12/2014Fantastic cocktails, great staff, delicious food- I'll be returningSpecial Features:
- Great spotEKcolaDined on 9/7/2014Outdoor tables a little unsteady and dinner burger "oozed" off butcher block plate and all over my friends pants!! Cute place, but outdoor tables could use an upgrade in design.
- Great nightSel83Dined on 9/7/2014I brought my husband here for his birthday. The service was friendly and very good. The food was delicious. The cocktail list was very impressive. Our overall dining experience was great. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!FL21332VIPDined on 9/5/2014Found this on Open Table and went becuase of the reviews. It did not disappoint. Flat Iron steak and the scallops were great. Worth the cab ride down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkMattVIPDined on 9/5/2014Was second time eating here. Food is good. Service has missed the mark on both occasions.
- Great food but..DannyVIPDined on 9/5/2014We found the food to be solid, and the cocktail list is great even if the drinks come out a tad weak. Some of the items including the burger and beet salad are quite notable. What ended up hurting the ambiance is when we got our marching orders after we decided to keep our table a bit after finishing dinner and order some more drinks - turns out there were other reservations on top of us and that wouldn't work.Special Features:
- Seafood tower & mushroom pot shrankhatecheapfoodVIPDined on 8/29/2014Love the food here but portions seems to have been shrinking. Sign of the times with rising prices I suppose.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!Cali2NycVIPDined on 8/29/2014Love this place. Came for dinner. Had a great drink menu and good food. Ordered the bone marrow as my entree and it was huge!! Also much try the mushroom mousse!! Will prob come back for brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningSusanVIPDined on 8/27/2014I had not been to Saxon + Parole in a while and i had forgotten how great it is. Starting with the bartender who was friendly and made a great cocktail. The service at our table was wonderful and the food was fantastic. I will definitely be coming back more often. Outstanding.Special Features:
- Bday dinnerBrunchDined on 8/26/2014I had a great birthday at Saxon and Parole. Would highly recommend it for groups because they were super accommodating and the food was GREAT!Special Features:
- Superb cocktails, yummy foodValiDined on 8/21/2014Will continue to be one of my favorite NYC spots. Every cocktail is made with love. Try their "pots", pork chop and crispy chicken. You will not leave disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Snooty Hostess but Great Waitertc436VIPDined on 8/16/2014We were greeted by a very snooty hostess but our table waiter was great! He recommended some wonderful options. The truffle mushroom spread, duck, and scallops were all very tasty. I was there on Saturday night (8/16) and the restaurant should really consider hiring another hostess. She was rude and had an attitude towards anyone that approached the hostess stand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food. Terrible serviceNycfooooodDined on 8/15/2014The food was nothing exciting. Average at best. There are definitely better options for the price. Bartenders know nothing about wine. Service was so slow it took 2 of us nearly 3 hours to get out of the restaurant. We sat outside.. Mistake. So much trash (people) walking around. But we should have expected that.
- Great for special occassionsHospitalityNiteLifeDined on 8/12/2014Service and food were great... will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AtmosphereVibeDined on 8/5/2014There is NOTHING to complain about at Saxon + Parole: Great bar, wonderful drinks, inventive wine list and a menu that will both delight and challenge the senses. A phenomenal evening. Moreover, the décor and vibe of S+P is very comfortable and welcoming. I'm going back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening!Spaz813Dined on 8/2/2014My girlfriends and I were looking for somewhere cool and special for a lady date, but not too formal or pricey. This was perfect! Clearly a trendy place but not too loud. Secret door to the bar next door was fun. We fell in love with the celery gimlets and octopus salad appetizer. The pots (mushroom purée or pâté with jelly) were amazing and plenty to share. The only thing I wasn't a fan of was the bone marrow - it's one big bone, so it wasn't very evenly seasoned, and the toast wasn't very soft. 2 cocktails, a shared app, and a entree each came out to $80 each with tip, so it was surprisingly affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- apikramenosDined on 8/2/2014I can't say enough positive things about Saxon + Parole! The food is wonderful and everyone in our party was blown away at how much we enjoyed our food. Our waitress was also very knowledgeable and friendly and the atmosphere is lively and fun. Go if you have the chance!Special Features:
- best cocktails and good foodAegeanBoyDined on 8/2/2014The cocktails are always amazing at this place. There is one cocktail that has mezcal, tequila, and a drop of chili oil -- it is a well-balanced, out of the ordinary spicy cocktail. We also had truffle mushroom mousse (very good, and if you like truffle, it is definitely rich, for those who do not care about truffle, it can be a bit too much), grilled octopus and calamari (both perfectly cooked). What I find most amusing at Saxon + Parole is the seasoning of the food -- it is perfection. For dinner, we had the burgers; I am a big fan of egg on my rare burger (like Asian burgers) and it was very-well prepared. Excellent choice for cocktails + dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch...GmoneyDined on 8/1/2014This place is the real deal... the whole package: awesome mixologists (masa is a master...) great vibe, great food, great music, awesome design... Avro|Ko is one of the best in the industry... nice work
- Jesse WilsonOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/30/2014An excellent dining experience. I went with a group of 4 for my friend's 40th birthday. The service was excellent and the atmosphere was great. It was very lively and comfortable. But the food was the main star. We all enjoyed every dish and were very satisfied. I definitely recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014I love this place. I celebrated my wedding there actually and they were so attentive and helpful in the planning and on the night of the wedding. The food is excellent and I can't wait to eat there again!Special Features:
- Awesome place!apikramenosDined on 7/27/2014Two friends and I had dinner here the other night and we all loved our experience! The food was fantastic (both the ricotta gnudi and the brussel sprouts side order are to die for!) and our waitress was very friendly. Will have to come back and try the Shiner!Special Features:
- Ask for the prices of the specialsFoodieVIPDined on 7/24/2014The atmosphere would have been beautiful if it wasn't so noisy. For a drink at the bar the music is fine, but for dinner it was too loud to have a normal conversation. I highly recommend the octopus and the scallops. The salmon was undercooked and the sugar snap peas almost raw. Don't forget to ask for the prices of the specials. The rib eye (for 2-3 people) is $140.
- Didn't meet expectationsSeekerOfdelicousnessDined on 7/18/2014First time experience of New York and was recommended this place by a friend. We loved the atmosphere, wine was amazing and first course was delicious. Blonde hostess at front of house confirming reservations was snobby and looked us up and down before we even spoke to her. Main course was awful. Duck was average and we left the pork as it was dry and burnt, waiter looked at the meal when clearing the table but looked like he didn't want to mention it unless I did. Would't get this kind of poor service in London.Special Features:
- LOVE LOVE LOVEMelissaJeanDined on 7/12/2014This place has some seriously tasty food and well made cocktails. If you get the chance to go. GO! Had the razor clam egg salad, the truffle mushroom pot and the trout. FANTASTIC on all fronts! They even took the dessert off the check b/c it was my anniversary. Super sweet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid MealOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/11/2014Overall, very good dining experience! I would go backSpecial Features: