Sawmill - Edmonton West
9504 - 170 Street
Edmonton, AB T5T 5R6Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$30 and under
Sawmill - Edmonton West
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://wwwsawmillrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7804865866
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tung Dinh
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Various seating areas that can accommodate groups from 10 to 60 people. We also offer group menus.
- Private Party Contact: Sherian 7804865866
- Entertainment: The Lounge is equipped with numerous large screen plasma televisions. We also have a pool table.
- Special Events: By joining us one week before or one week after the special guest’s birth date you will receive $25.00 off your guest cheque for dinner or $15.00 off during lunch. 4 or more regular priced entrees must be purchased, offer valid Sunday - Thursday only.
A word from Sawmill - Edmonton West
The Sawmill's Prime Rib and Steak House is Located in the Terra Losa Shopping Center. The Sawmill serves "AAA" Alberta Beef and has one of Edmonton's finest salad bar. Along with a regular lunch menu, it features a luncheon buffet Monday through Friday from 11am. to 2.00pm. Whether you choose a la carte or buffet, your lunch can be as quick or relaxed as you would like. This location offers a dining room and pub. Our dining room is divided into three different sections over two levels, for private and intimate dining. Sundays we offer a brunch from 10am until 2:00pm. and a evening buffet from 4:00pm until 10:00pmContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Sawmill - Edmonton West - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
Sawmill - Edmonton West reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)good for groups (28)great for lunch (17)great for brunch (15)neighborhood gem (11)romantic (9)kid-friendly (9)fit for foodies (7)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (3)notable wine list (3)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- horriblehthisplace1Dined on 9/13/2014Food was horrible, server ditched third way through our stay so it took forever to get anything. Also the people there are brain dead! Not going back again.Special Features:
- Steak & seafood excellenceBlissgirl2Dined on 9/9/2014The Sawmill (west end) is undergoing exterior renovations. From the outside it almost appears closed! The entrance is hard to find because of the construction but signage takes you safely to a door. Once in, we were directed upstairs to an open spacious dining room. It was a Tuesday night and in spite of the renos, there were other people dining. The room was not noisy, and we could carry on a conversation without yelling with good jazz music wafting lightly in the background. The service was excellent and attentive. The wine list was varied and complete. Our table had steak done to perfection, blackened cod-tender and succulent, and chicken cordon bleu-deliciously grilled. We will visit again when the renovations are complete. Good value.Special Features:
- Slightly disappointedmybabsyVIPDined on 9/7/2014I really liked this restaurant. But think they need to become a little more celiac and allergy friendly especially with the buffet. I wanted to do the buffet but everything had garlic. Which is also an allergy of mine. With all the items on the hot portion you could have at least done one item without wheat and garlic.Special Features:
- Decline in ServiceDinerGalDined on 9/7/2014The first several times I went to the Sawmill, the service was absolutely impeccable. At brunch this past Sunday the initial coffee and refills were a bit slow to arrive. Silverware was whisked away right after completing the first helping and dropped at least three times right at our table. After going up going up for seconds we had to ask for replacements and later again for dessert forks. Some of the hot items had been in the chafing dishes a bit too long as the potatoes were a bit dry and the French toast had tough edges that I had to saw through with my knife. On a positive note, the desserts were fabulous.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Excellent food and service but a screaming toddler spoiled ambiance of whole restaurant. Child carried on for almost the whole time we were there.Special Features:
- Dining experienceslimDined on 9/4/2014I have been going to the Sawmill at this location for many years now and have usually enjoyed it very much. On Thursday, September 4, 2014 my husband and I went with another couple. My husband and I both ordered the prime rib (which we usually do). We both found the yorkshire pudding "tough" and you could hardly cut it with a knife and fork. I had the slim cut and there was quite a bit of fat on my order. Overall it was a disappointing experience. The couple we were with both enjoyed their meals but we didn't. The noise level was quite high and it was difficult to visit as well. I hope the renovations are to be completed soon as the parking was a nightmare. We did find the staff very friendly and their service to us was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014We went for my husbands birthday, the waiter came to take our food orders before just as the last people had arrived, not giving them much time to decide on something to eat. Out of 7 meals, 3 of the steaks were not cooked as ordered, and we were missing additional food that was requested. We waited for our waiter to come back and take a drink order but he never came, we had to ask for drinks when he brought our food. Service was very poor, restaurant was not busy, there was no excuse for that.Special Features:
- NotsuchafanDined on 8/31/2014Drinks were served quickly. Bread should have been served as well but was not so until the dinner was served. I had the lobster, and the butter did not come till almost five minutes after I was plated. We were a group of four adults and I wish that there would be an adult only section. I would think if you want to consider this as a "fine dinning" experience, that would be a definite priority for you. They mixed up the potatoes. They brought out the proper ones and placed them on the table. This would be appropriate for a kitchen table however not in this setting. Perhaps the sever should of taken back both plates and re delivered them properly! We had to do the switch out of the potatoes with a very limited amount of space.
- Not impressed at all..disappointingLovinLifeDined on 8/28/2014First we walk up a pretty scary looking construction ramp, then we are taken to a terrible table in what looked like 80's buffet restaurant...while we saw there were much nicer tables not occupied...MANY of them. The food was good but I will never be back. When someone takes the time to make a reservation, I am curious why they would be put in the worst tables in the entire restaurant? Our server was attentive and friendly. Such a shame that a decent meal was ruined by brutally bad ambiance.
- Exceeded ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014This was our first time in a Sawmill Restaurant and celebrating our moms 94th birthday. What an amazing place to eat. The service from everyone was great Thank you so much Rita From Prince GeorgeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was very good date for a friend.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014seating was quick and service was good. they did not rush us as we were able to visit a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sawmill WestGoodfoodDined on 8/18/2014I have eaten at this restaurant for a long time, the food is always good, the staff are always excellent, service is excellent and you can get in and out in a timely fashionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunch reviewdiningdelightDined on 8/14/2014we booked online and from that moment it was easy and painless...met with a smile and pleasant attitude by hostess and our waitstaff Johnny was terrific. We chose buffet and were not disappointed at all. All in all a great experience and we will definitely return. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would not recommendwelltravelledDined on 8/2/2014This particular Sawmill is horrible, if you want a nice romantic or dinner with friends. Way to noisy we felt like was in a fast food joint, as it was my husband and my 39th anniversary and our friends 20 th we were all disappointed and if it had not been so late we would have walked out and gone somewhere else. I will not recommend or go there again.Special Features:
- OverallSpecialDined on 8/2/2014This is a great restaurant for a special occasion, staff were awesome nd very friendly great with the kids. Initially we were put at a table in between two parties and could not hear ourselves but they were quick to move us at our request to a quieter place. Food was generally very good, found lamb a little fatty. Overall great place for special occasion not regular for us just due to price . We had a great evening and would recommend it to anyone .....Special Features:
- Dinner reviewPrimeR1Dined on 7/26/2014OUr meal was great, we started off in a nice quiet area but were soon joined by a table of 8 and they were obviously very happy to be together, they were loud. The restaturant itself is one I always choose for celebrations of any kind. Prime Rib remains # 1 choice at Sawmill..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 7/22/2014Sawmill is a steady eddy kind of restaurant. Standard food choices, good variety, good quality, decent dessert list, ok service. Nothing overly spectacular or awesome. I will continue to go to the Sawmill but if I want to go somewhere special....this isn't it. It's a good restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingblsblsDined on 7/21/2014It's been many years since I've been to the Sawmill west end. It was a huge disappointment. The busboy came to the table to pour our water, removed the napkins from our glasses and set them across the table from us. The restaurant was not terribly busy but we waited more than 30 minutes from the time we placed our order until the good arrived. The food was alright but not noteable. Overall it was a disappointing restaurant experience.
- AmazingDined on 7/20/2014We found that the restaurant was very noisy. There were a few small children that seemd to cry & scream a fair bit. The waitress was lovely. The kids not so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014All we ordered was salad bar and anticipated it would be great like south side was a few years ago. But it was bad. Salads were either dried out, unseasoned or completely lacking and the shrimp stunk.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/17/2014checked with staff and they advised that they had put our points through to Open table the last two visits, however, Open table had not given us points for the June 26 2014 visit. So it is open table who is the guilty party in not giving us our points. Vince Colwell (email@example.com)Special Features:
- Grad 2014Grad2014Dined on 6/28/2014Had family up from the states they loved the amazing cuts of beef. Thank you for a wonderful family grad gathering! Even got family pics in front of fireplace.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful group birthdaysunnyespressoDined on 6/25/2014Our server Mike and the rest of the Sawmill team was very attentive to our large group of 10 people. Food was served hot and flavorful, despite our large order. Will certainly be back again. Thank you!Special Features:
- Lovely experiencepsvbsDined on 6/20/2014Myself, my spouse, and my two adult daughters went to the Sawmill to celebrate my birthday. I made a reservation because I thought it might get very busy on a Friday evening. It did get busier while we were there but it didn't get full. The staff were friendly and professional. We were given a nice table in the upstairs section. The food was delicious; we all enjoyed what we ordered (ribs, chicken neptune, sirloin steak, and spaghetti with stuffed meatballs). And because it was my birthday and we ordered 4 entrees, we received a $25 discount on our bill. I've never tried the buffet but it seemed to be a popular choice for the other diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jessica841Dined on 6/15/2014Overall the Sawmill was good and I enjoyed the food. We had the Brunch and the service was very good. There's a large variety of different foods to choose from on their Brunch. I do reccommend trying it. Fresh food why not! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day failure.PigsofaDined on 6/15/2014We booked for 7 people for Father's Day brunch. Despite many choices in the city, we chose the sawmill due to its consistency in the past. We were seated in the lower level and greeted by out waitress. The waitress in the lower level was pretty slow getting the coffees out for the first round. The food selection was standard brunch buffet fare. Food offered was pretty uninspired, although the Benedict's were pretty fantastic. Servers mocked my wife in earshot when we asked if there was oatmeal on the menu for our 13 month old. Was there for 90 minutes and drinks were filled 3 times with us having to request and flag down each time. 3 girls covering about 10 tables and all of them hiding in drink area.Special Features:
- respectable averagelibraleoDined on 6/13/2014We went to the Sawmill for dinner on a Friday evening. The restaurant was conveniently located in Terra Losa Mall with ample easily accessed free parking. Our greeting upon entering the restaurant was friendly but sterile and commercial. We were seated in a lower level dining room the décor of which was some what dingy and dated. Our order of a Mediterranean entrée and rack of lamb was adequate but nothing exceptional. The service and presentation of our food was again adequate but not polished and personal.
- Good meal!Alero01VIPDined on 6/11/2014As always, I was very pleased with my dinner and will come back to this location in the future.Special Features:
- good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014The food was super delicous. I found that the wine list was lacking and the server did not know enough about the wines. to pay the bill we had to go to the bar instead of the front counter. the champane list was severely to restricted i find that unaccpteable for a resturaunt of this caliber. the server did not ask how the bill was to be covered. he just put it on the table and left. resturant reccomondations would dependant on what type of evening was planned for persons going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sawmill ExtraordinaireJahzmoDined on 6/6/2014Ambience was great. Food was not as warm as it could have been. Service was timely, friendly and excellent. Overall, very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion?? Perfect placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/1/2014We needed a place where people who had not seen each other in 30 years could easily get caught up. The food was good, the noise level was such that you had no difficulty hearing people at your table. It was a very good experience.Special Features:
- AwesomeWenus23Dined on 5/30/2014We live in Calgary and come to Edmomton once a month for family. Just happened to find Sawmill . Tried it the first time without a reservation (cause we didnt know we had to have one ) the hostesses were very accomadating. The steak and filet mignon were out of this world! Loved the whole dimnner, and it is great that there is a big salad bar too. We have been back again this time with a reservation , and still awesome food . Will go back everytime we are in Edmonton! You need one in South Calgary !Special Features:
- Not for a vegetarianRileyDined on 5/28/2014I ordered the pasta which tasted like it was defrosted. It was mushy and inedible. They did not charge me. The salad bar was also nothing special just generic poor quality food. Our waiter was good though.
- AnniversaryJohnnyBDined on 5/26/2014My steak and lobster was brutal. Could hardly chew the steak and the lobster was overcooked like rubber. My wife had the same meal and steak done to perfection and the lobster was even better. Would have been nice to have two nice meals for our evening out. I had one bite or each and they took it back with no charge. Offered free dessert that we don't eat. Bought us a drink. I will definitely go back and hope for 2 good meals.Special Features:
- The following 553 reviews are from the Sawmill - Edmonton West reviews archive.
- TgmaVIPDined on 5/25/2014We missed the pickled herring, spinach dip and the sausage salad! Everything else was great and our server was awesome as always!!Special Features:
- Nice patioFergieDined on 5/23/2014The food & service was very good. It was reassuring to hear a table would be provided inside for our group if it rained.Special Features:
- 25th AnniversarykeydelDined on 5/20/2014A special occasion deserves a special night. So glad we chose Sawmill to be a part of our special day. Thank you so muchSpecial Features:
- Good Food but understaffed4shleyhatDined on 5/18/2014It was a long weekend and to me it was clear that our server was too busy. The food was good but the server could use some training on the wine list and could have processed out payment faster and with a little more tact. It was clear he was too busy but his attitude was friendly and courteous so I don't hold it against him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favourite RestaurantNewGrandmaDined on 5/18/2014This was the perfect place for our family dinner. It was quiet and perfect with an infant along.. We enjooyed our meal, especially prime rib. Chicken was amazing as well. Everything else was delicious and savoury. Service was excellent and friendly. Atmosphere was perfect in this lovely and classy eatery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BrunchDizzyDinerDined on 5/18/2014We went for Sunday Brunch and found the selection of food to be quite varied. There were breakfast and lunch items and some great salads and deserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.