Sawmill - Edmonton West
9504 - 170 Street
Edmonton, AB T5T 5R6Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$30 and under
Sawmill - Edmonton West
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://wwwsawmillrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (780) 486-5866
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tung Dinh
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Various seating areas that can accommodate groups from 10 to 60 people. We also offer group menus.
- Private Party Contact: Sherian 7804865866
- Entertainment: The Lounge is equipped with numerous large screen plasma televisions. We also have a pool table.
- Special Events: By joining us one week before or one week after the special guest’s birth date you will receive $25.00 off your guest cheque for dinner or $15.00 off during lunch. 4 or more regular priced entrees must be purchased, offer valid Sunday - Thursday only.
A word from Sawmill - Edmonton West
The Sawmill's Prime Rib and Steak House is Located in the Terra Losa Shopping Center. The Sawmill serves "AAA" Alberta Beef and has one of Edmonton's finest salad bar. Along with a regular lunch menu, it features a luncheon buffet Monday through Friday from 11am. to 2.00pm. Whether you choose a la carte or buffet, your lunch can be as quick or relaxed as you would like. This location offers a dining room and pub. Our dining room is divided into three different sections over two levels, for private and intimate dining. Sundays we offer a brunch from 10am until 2:00pm. and a evening buffet from 4:00pm until 10:00pmContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sawmill - Edmonton West reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)good for groups (30)fit for foodies (17)great for brunch (14)great for lunch (11)romantic (10)kid-friendly (9)neighborhood gem (7)notable wine list (7)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Very disapppointed with mike H's service.MrsGinEdmDined on 11/17/2014Please see below notes. Very, very disappointed with service.
- MealLinaDined on 11/15/2014The meal was not very hot, when received. should be piping hot. Sevice was good, but had to ask for the toppings for the baked potatoe,Special Features:
- I really had a great time with my Friends.MooMooDined on 11/15/2014My experience with this Sawmill locaton was GREAT. The menu was to die for, service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salad BarOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014The only thing I would recommend is the salad bar is $9.00 extra. We already paid $30.00 a Plate. . We probably didn't eat that between the two us. The selection was not very appealing for either one of us. On the other hand the steak was delicious enjoyed everything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The food was amazing! However our server was busy with a party group of about 40 and wasn't around to refil drinks or clean our plates when we were finished. I don't blame the server he was swamped. I Felt the establishment should have had an extra server just for the large party of 40, I'm sure they would have spent enough to afford paying another staffs salary. I am also a mom of 3 year old twin boys who doesn't get to go out on a nice dinner with my husband and friends to often, so I didnt appreciate that the couple at the table next to us felt that their baby need to be there. If I spend over 300 Dollars on dinner plus the cost of a babysitter I expect it to come without baby's crying.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014Enjoyed the fresh vegetables, roasted potatoes, Alfredo penne , n fish dish in the dinner buffet.. The roast beef n ham appeared to be sitting on the carvery for a while. Not too salty which is great. Good salad barSpecial Features:
- something for everyoneABcattlefarmerDined on 10/25/2014Booked a group of 20, including 4 kids. Reservation was on time, pleasant atmosphere. Something on the menu to please everyone. Wine list is lacking, food is a bit pricey, but the service was excellent and the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/20/2014Monday night steak and lobster special was more than expected Steak was done just right and lobster was excellent. Well worth the priceSpecial Features:
- Very GoodWhiteBearDined on 10/18/2014Excellent service, very good food and decent prices...can't really ask for anything more then that these days. Definitely worth checking out if you haven't yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends' Dinner PartyOldFriendsDined on 10/17/2014I had arranged a special gathering with a group of old friends reuniting after a year of not seeing each other. The Edmonton-West Sawmill offered the ambiance conducive to creating a great evening. The waiter (Johnny D) was very attentive and so willing to accommodate our requests. The food was Great! Historically, trying to split a bill amongst a larger group is often somewhat difficult but our waiter did it without question which made for a pleasant end to our gathering. Thank You Sawmill for helping to create an enjoyable evening which left a forever memory for our group.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerBeeDinerDined on 10/13/2014Service was average, food a bit slow to arrive. Chicken was overcooked, the rest of the food was fine. House salad is quite good and the Brownie Sundae dessert was huge.Special Features:
- Delicious Food!ladylockwdDined on 10/12/2014My sister and I enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving supper buffet of fresh salads, moist and tasty turkey, ham, barbeque ribs, delicious veggies, creamy mashed potatoes and gravy (as good as the gravy my late mother made) at the Sawmill Restaurant in West End Edmonton. The desserts were various and plenty including chocolate cake, bars, eclairs, cookies, fruit with chocolate sauce and pumpkin pie. We both enjoyed this meal and would recommend it to everyone. It was good value for the price that we paid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the darkoutingDined on 10/11/2014It was a little dark but the food and service was very good. Not good for people with walking impediments as there are a lot of stairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingbonappetiteDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I went to the Sawmill to celebrate our anniversary. Things were very hopeful when we first arrived as our server was very attentive and personable. He took our drink orders and when he returned took our meal orders. We didn't see him again until we were almost finished our meals. 2 different people brought our food and we were not asked whether we wanted new drinks or even a refill on our water. When we left we did mention that an offer for new drinks would have been appreciated and he apologized but said he thought the manager had come by to see if we needed anything. The manager did come by, but only to see how the meal was - he did not indicate he was assisting our waiter or ask if we needed anything.Special Features:
- October 5thAmazingDined on 10/5/2014Food was great, as was our waiter. You will see us again for one of our many occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good basic food reasonably pricedSeniordinersDined on 10/1/2014We chose this restaurant because we had several seniors in the group. The menu selection was very suitable for both seniors and others in the group. Yorkshire pudding was overcooked and dry.The stairs were a bit of a challenge for the 90 year olds. Our server was very accommodating to our need for lots of time to chat as the seniors had not seen each other for 48 years! The stairs were a bit of a challenge for the 90 year olds. Renovation to the exterior of the building made for a disappointing start to the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Service was good, but extremely slow. our waiter was obviously too busy, he was sweating like crazy - to the point of dripping sweat - very gross to see in a food service industry.....he was polite, but not what you would expect at a high end restaurant....but after we got our food.....Compliments to the chef- VERY GOOD!!Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We were long finished our drink when they took our order for food. Once ordered the food came in a timely manner. Had to ask for cutlery. We were limited to one drink- only when we were ready to leave we were asked if we wanted another drink. Too late we went somewhere else. The couple we took said this happened to them last year so it looks like nothings changed. We live in Sherwood Park- this rest. is much better for service.
- foodVeritoDined on 9/26/2014Haven't been to the sawmill in years and went during renovations. Booked it using Open Table ap otherwise I would not have gone as it looked clised. No visual sign as to how to get in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and delicious food!MickeyP76Dined on 9/26/2014We were a group of 7 and we were all impressed with our meal, even the 5 year old! The service was great as well, our server was Johnny and we never had to wait long for anything. Will definetly go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice atmosphere, ok foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014we went to the sawmill for our anniversary dinner, mostly for it's amazing steak! But we were a little disappointed by the meal in general. The steak was ok at best, we have certainly had better. The lobster was chewy, very over cooked. I would have asked for a new set of lobster tails, but the server took way too long to check on us, and it wasn't even that busy.Special Features:
- horriblehthisplace1Dined on 9/13/2014Food was horrible, server ditched third way through our stay so it took forever to get anything. Also the people there are brain dead! Not going back again.Special Features:
- Steak & seafood excellenceBlissgirl2Dined on 9/9/2014The Sawmill (west end) is undergoing exterior renovations. From the outside it almost appears closed! The entrance is hard to find because of the construction but signage takes you safely to a door. Once in, we were directed upstairs to an open spacious dining room. It was a Tuesday night and in spite of the renos, there were other people dining. The room was not noisy, and we could carry on a conversation without yelling with good jazz music wafting lightly in the background. The service was excellent and attentive. The wine list was varied and complete. Our table had steak done to perfection, blackened cod-tender and succulent, and chicken cordon bleu-deliciously grilled. We will visit again when the renovations are complete. Good value.Special Features:
- Slightly disappointedmybabsyVIPDined on 9/7/2014I really liked this restaurant. But think they need to become a little more celiac and allergy friendly especially with the buffet. I wanted to do the buffet but everything had garlic. Which is also an allergy of mine. With all the items on the hot portion you could have at least done one item without wheat and garlic.Special Features:
- Decline in ServiceDinerGalDined on 9/7/2014The first several times I went to the Sawmill, the service was absolutely impeccable. At brunch this past Sunday the initial coffee and refills were a bit slow to arrive. Silverware was whisked away right after completing the first helping and dropped at least three times right at our table. After going up going up for seconds we had to ask for replacements and later again for dessert forks. Some of the hot items had been in the chafing dishes a bit too long as the potatoes were a bit dry and the French toast had tough edges that I had to saw through with my knife. On a positive note, the desserts were fabulous.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Excellent food and service but a screaming toddler spoiled ambiance of whole restaurant. Child carried on for almost the whole time we were there.Special Features:
- Dining experienceslimDined on 9/4/2014I have been going to the Sawmill at this location for many years now and have usually enjoyed it very much. On Thursday, September 4, 2014 my husband and I went with another couple. My husband and I both ordered the prime rib (which we usually do). We both found the yorkshire pudding "tough" and you could hardly cut it with a knife and fork. I had the slim cut and there was quite a bit of fat on my order. Overall it was a disappointing experience. The couple we were with both enjoyed their meals but we didn't. The noise level was quite high and it was difficult to visit as well. I hope the renovations are to be completed soon as the parking was a nightmare. We did find the staff very friendly and their service to us was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014We went for my husbands birthday, the waiter came to take our food orders before just as the last people had arrived, not giving them much time to decide on something to eat. Out of 7 meals, 3 of the steaks were not cooked as ordered, and we were missing additional food that was requested. We waited for our waiter to come back and take a drink order but he never came, we had to ask for drinks when he brought our food. Service was very poor, restaurant was not busy, there was no excuse for that.Special Features:
- NotsuchafanDined on 8/31/2014Drinks were served quickly. Bread should have been served as well but was not so until the dinner was served. I had the lobster, and the butter did not come till almost five minutes after I was plated. We were a group of four adults and I wish that there would be an adult only section. I would think if you want to consider this as a "fine dinning" experience, that would be a definite priority for you. They mixed up the potatoes. They brought out the proper ones and placed them on the table. This would be appropriate for a kitchen table however not in this setting. Perhaps the sever should of taken back both plates and re delivered them properly! We had to do the switch out of the potatoes with a very limited amount of space.
- Not impressed at all..disappointingLovinLifeDined on 8/28/2014First we walk up a pretty scary looking construction ramp, then we are taken to a terrible table in what looked like 80's buffet restaurant...while we saw there were much nicer tables not occupied...MANY of them. The food was good but I will never be back. When someone takes the time to make a reservation, I am curious why they would be put in the worst tables in the entire restaurant? Our server was attentive and friendly. Such a shame that a decent meal was ruined by brutally bad ambiance.
- Exceeded ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014This was our first time in a Sawmill Restaurant and celebrating our moms 94th birthday. What an amazing place to eat. The service from everyone was great Thank you so much Rita From Prince GeorgeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was very good date for a friend.GrandelDined on 8/22/2014seating was quick and service was good. they did not rush us as we were able to visit a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sawmill WestGoodfoodDined on 8/18/2014I have eaten at this restaurant for a long time, the food is always good, the staff are always excellent, service is excellent and you can get in and out in a timely fashionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunch reviewdiningdelightDined on 8/14/2014we booked online and from that moment it was easy and painless...met with a smile and pleasant attitude by hostess and our waitstaff Johnny was terrific. We chose buffet and were not disappointed at all. All in all a great experience and we will definitely return. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would not recommendwelltravelledDined on 8/2/2014This particular Sawmill is horrible, if you want a nice romantic or dinner with friends. Way to noisy we felt like was in a fast food joint, as it was my husband and my 39th anniversary and our friends 20 th we were all disappointed and if it had not been so late we would have walked out and gone somewhere else. I will not recommend or go there again.Special Features:
- OverallSpecialDined on 8/2/2014This is a great restaurant for a special occasion, staff were awesome nd very friendly great with the kids. Initially we were put at a table in between two parties and could not hear ourselves but they were quick to move us at our request to a quieter place. Food was generally very good, found lamb a little fatty. Overall great place for special occasion not regular for us just due to price . We had a great evening and would recommend it to anyone .....Special Features:
- The following 572 reviews are from the Sawmill - Edmonton West reviews archive.
- Dinner reviewPrimeR1Dined on 7/26/2014OUr meal was great, we started off in a nice quiet area but were soon joined by a table of 8 and they were obviously very happy to be together, they were loud. The restaturant itself is one I always choose for celebrations of any kind. Prime Rib remains # 1 choice at Sawmill..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 7/22/2014Sawmill is a steady eddy kind of restaurant. Standard food choices, good variety, good quality, decent dessert list, ok service. Nothing overly spectacular or awesome. I will continue to go to the Sawmill but if I want to go somewhere special....this isn't it. It's a good restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingblsblsDined on 7/21/2014It's been many years since I've been to the Sawmill west end. It was a huge disappointment. The busboy came to the table to pour our water, removed the napkins from our glasses and set them across the table from us. The restaurant was not terribly busy but we waited more than 30 minutes from the time we placed our order until the good arrived. The food was alright but not noteable. Overall it was a disappointing restaurant experience.
- AmazingDined on 7/20/2014We found that the restaurant was very noisy. There were a few small children that seemd to cry & scream a fair bit. The waitress was lovely. The kids not so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.