Sawmill - Edmonton South
4745 Gateway Blvd
Edmonton, AB T6H 5C3Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$30 and under
Sawmill - Edmonton South
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sawmillrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (780) 436-1950
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 2:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 2:30pm - 10:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Neil McCandless
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our delicious meals and superb service are among the finest available and has given us a name synonymous with fine dining. Couple that with a beautiful banquet facility, and you have the makings for the perfect party for your next corporate or family event. We realize the confidence you have in your caterer is very important, so feel free to browse through our menu suggestions or drop in for a mid-week lunch and taste our delicious food. We'd be more than happy to meet you and discuss how we can help, and keep in mind we can work with your budget or culinary ideas.
- Entertainment: Join us in our Lounge for Live Music on Friday & Saturdays starting at 7pm.
The Sawmill Loyalty Program was designed to show you, the customer, our appreciation for your loyal patronage. Membership is free!
The Sawmill Loyalty Card has two accounts; a Sawmill Point account and a Sawmill Dollar account. The Sawmill will issue 1 point for every dollar spent. When your account reaches 500 points, 500 points will be debited from the Sawmill Points account and $25 Sawmill Dollars will be credited to the Sawmill$ Earned Account. These Sawmill Dollars can be used to pay for food, beverage and merchandise on future bills at any Sawmill Location.
- Special Events: By joining us one week before or one week after the special guest’s birth date you will receive $25.00 off your guest cheque for dinner or $15.00 off during lunch. 4 or more regular priced entrees must be purchased.
THERE ARE PERKS BY GETTING SOCIAL WITH THE SAWMILL
Want to earn extra Sawmill Loyalty Points? Link your Sawmill Loyalty account to Facebook, and when you visit a Sawmill and earn points, a message will post to your Facebook News Feed / Wall. 25% of the value of your guest check (in bonus points) will be earned each time a message posts. Visit www.myicard.net to get connected.
A word from Sawmill - Edmonton South
This location began a trend over 35 years ago serving the best quality product available at a very reasonable price. "AAA" Alberta Prime Rib and Certified Angus Steaks are the two staples that have made the Sawmill Restaurants the most popular dining establishments in the city. This location is divided into a dining room and pub. The dining room is like no other in the city, first class dining in a rustic Sawmill atmosphere. Surrounded by old sawmill blades measuring 5 feet in diameter and photographs as large as 30 square feet featuring sawmills over a hundred years ago. The pub is reminiscent of an English style with half its draught beer imported from the United Kingdom. Try one or sample them all to decide which will be your pint of choice!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Sawmill - Edmonton South - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
Sawmill - Edmonton South reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)good for groups (27)romantic (18)fit for foodies (13)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (10)neighborhood gem (9)notable wine list (9)late-night find (4)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- WOWTommieDined on 11/17/2014This was a special treat for me. The food was done just right and very tasty. Our server was most enjoyable and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperinceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Our experience with sawmill was excellent the food and customer service was excellent, I would recommend the sawmill for brunch to anyone, Thanks ZinetteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningNonicknameDined on 11/15/2014Good food, good wine and good company. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good classicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Went here for a family meal. Hadn't been for years so was interested to see what had changed. The place has been updated and was clean. Décor still the same with old gears on the walls and such which had my dad laughing a little. Extensive alcohol list with some good wines. I ordered the chicken cordon bleu and it was quite dry and not overly impressive. The service was good but there were some long waits between ordering drinks and getting our dinner order but not terribly long. Overall was good but didn't stand out to other chain restaurantsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gross SteakLindsayDined on 11/15/2014My father was in town and we couldn't get a table at The Keg so decided to try Sawmill. It was brutal. The service was slow, almost nonexistent. The steaks were gross! I was embarrassed as this is alberta and should be the one thing that's good everywhere. Then then put a huge party in front of us so we had to squeeze through just to get out- never mind trying to hear over them. I won't be going back
- Classic SteakhousekopperDined on 11/14/2014We landed at the airport on a chilly November evening, and wanted a good steak dinner. My friend suggested the Sawmill, so we drove directly to the restaurant and had exactly that. It is a steak restaurant in the 1970's mode - think The Keg before they became a big chain and the food quality went downhill. The decor is still very old-school, but that didn't keep us from enjoying the food. Good meal for the price point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generally Good Dinning ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2014We were a group of four. The meal overall (all of us ordered prime rib), was good. Wish they had a better selection for vegies and more vegies than they served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!TheBakersDined on 10/31/2014Food was fantastic, as always, but the decor needs a bit of updating. It feels a bit old.Special Features:
- Cool FoodBrendaleeDined on 10/31/2014I was surprised that the baked potato with my meal was cold. I was here a few years ago, and the same thing happened. I noted that my prime rib was also only luke warm! The food was tasty but was disappointed because it was not piping hot. I did send back the potato for a hot one, and just nibbled away at my luke warm prime rib. (I didn't feel comfortable sending back a second item after already sending back the potato.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticsocksandjeansDined on 10/31/2014It was the best. We seem to go to the keg a lot kind of forgot about you guys until we were driving around Calgary trail and seen it and was like we need to go there next date night. So on Friday 31 of October we did and loved it. The only thing and we agree very minor we did not even mention it was that my Caesar salad had no dressing on it. Everything eles was superb! I felt like that was just a minor oversight. We will be going to the sawmill every date night and look forward to trying other dishes. We had the couples steak and lobster and found it to be reasonable and delicious.Special Features:
- Quite AttomspherefoodwasgreaatDined on 10/26/2014The service was great. When we first got there we were told about the specials and then asked about drinks. she gave us enough time to review the menu before asking us what we want. It was a very peaceful and romantic evening.Special Features:
- Great food / Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Asper usual, the food and service were excellent ! We will be back !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014Everyone is great and we always get great service here. Myra is a great server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They do a great job on steakLooking4GFfreeDined on 10/18/2014They do a great job on steak but their lemon chicken which was supposedly gluten free was so spicy I couldn't eat it. Thankfully they remade me another one with te sauce on the side. Their Gluten free options are limited. It was very busy and we waited over an hour for our entree. Not our best dining experiencen at the SawmillI would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!GoodoDined on 10/17/2014Our server Myra was awesome! She was so knowledgable with the wine list, she knew the answer to all our questions and she made perfect recommendations. Plus the food was so good. I'm glad I chose to take my husbands grandparents here. Thanks for an awesome night Myra and staff !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Edmonton South Side LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014We enjoyed our Thanksgiving here, the meal was very good & plentiful and reasonably priced. We were seated at the 1st booth inside the door & found it too busy. The restaurant looks abit tired, the table had chips & the ambience could definitely be improved with different lighting. All in all a good Dinner.Special Features:
- thanksgiving dinner was smashingRuttigerDined on 10/12/2014My wife and I had a lovely evening and our waiter was super.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Usually i would recommend sawmill anyday, i generally love their food, however the thanksgiving special wasn't very good at all. The stuffing was jelly like texture and so were the potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime ribKayeDined on 10/12/2014Super great prime ribs and brunch. Love the Yorkshire pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksgivingLynnieDined on 10/12/2014The Thanksgiving special was fabulous. Amazing butternut squash soup, huge portions in the main turkey/stuffing entree, delicious pumpkin pure. Price was even more amazing! A wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Again!GeneDined on 10/12/2014Sorry, but what I have to say takes more room than you can provide
- DisappointingTuskerDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I went out to celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary at this restaurant. The service was ok but the food was not what we were expecting ... well below par when you are spending $100 for a meal with a drink each. I would not return here - I would go to the other steak house and bar in South Common. We have been there several times and have always left wanting more.
- BeagleladyDined on 10/7/2014Went with visitors from England and they enjoyed the prime rib and Yorkshire pudding. Our waiter was very attentive and offered great suggestions when unsure of what to order.Special Features:
- Awesome service! Fantastic meal!WanderingwandaDined on 9/27/2014We went here on a Friday night. I made reservations. We were seated immediately and our server made sure our food arrived perfectly timed so we were finished with the one course before the next came. We had wine as per the recommendation of our server, sterling, and it was very good, a bit dryer than we like but the taste was excellent. We could not have had a better meal. We had the meal for two, steak lobster shrimp mashed gravy and vegetable, a wonderful salad to start and desert afterwards. It was a great experience and our server, Sterling, was absolutely amazing. Over would definatly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- einalemDined on 9/26/2014I'll recommend this restaurant to my friends and relatives.Special Features:
- Delicious !SYLBYLDined on 9/21/2014We had a wonderful brunch.Every morsel was delicious and made you want to go back for seconds.Of course this is impossible if one wants to partake of as many different foods offered.One must first look in every corner to see what is all there.Things are easily missed.Overall a very good dining experience.Special Features:
- Not bad, not greatEaterDined on 9/15/2014We had lunch with friends and as couples everything was good. The restaurant seems a bit dated and the menu didn't have the options I had hoped for. The food we got was very tasty however. The steak was a little under cooked so it was not all eaten but other than that it was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food are excellent, sevice is poorhoneybeeDined on 9/11/2014Me and my bf been eating on the southside location for a few years. This time we came for birthday dinner and friends came over from Hong Kong. We had reservation but no one at the front for at least 10 mins. The waitress I think is quite new, keep take away the glasses and plates before she asked that we were done. She dropped a steak knife on me, it scared me badly. The way she served us is trying to clean every single thing on the table even the water glasses and rush us to leave.. She definitely needs training! I am totally disappointed how my bday dinner was like that plus my overseas friends are not impressed either.Special Features:
- AMAZING SERVICECorrie2113Dined on 9/6/2014My boyfriend and I went here with Family for our birthday (we have the same birthday). Steve was our waiter and was absolutely amazing! The food was fantastic and I was very glad we opted for the Sawmill for our birthday dinner.Special Features:
- AwfulPrincessDined on 8/30/2014I went there for dinner for my 27th birthday and had 10 guests. I would assume all together we spent at least $800-$900. I would never recommend anyone to go there. The food was terrible and the service was not what id expect when spending that much money. Im in the service industry and I carry myself in a much better manner then the server we got. Our server mussnt make very much in tips :/Special Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Service was fantastic and food was very good but surf and turf had only 1 shrimp and 1 scallop? Really? should have been at least 3 of each!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude serviceveggetteVIPDined on 8/22/2014We came for a bday party. The restaurant upon entering had a disgusting smell. Waitress was rude and mumbled comments under her breath as if we couldn't hear. Food was overcooked and hard to get refills. I think it's just this location but we will not be returning.
- Great SteaksRomanDined on 8/21/2014The three of us each ordered a variety of steak cuts and sides and all three of us each thought it was the best steak we had in a long time. Service was attentive but not in your face. Plan to check out their Pub on the next visit.Special Features:
- Something is missing/decliningchanclanDined on 8/19/2014dined at Sawmill few times over number of years and something seems missing or declining. The stuffed baked potato was dry. Asked for my steak to be rare and received medium with some areas medium well. colleague ordered escargot -- have not seen what looked like some sort of salsa baked on top of the escargot..not appealing. The special mushroom/gravy/spinach/blue cheese sauce was nothing special in my mind. Crab cakes needed more crab. This was a business dinner with folks from NJ so did not mention too many of these to server but Sr. Mgmt did mention that we'd probably re-consider returning in future. Overall, I'd rate experience as Fair, certainly not poor but would be a bit of stretch for good.
- outoftownvisitorDined on 8/11/2014We were introduced to Sawmill when taken to this restaurant in Fort Saskatchewan by family. We decided to take family from Edmonton to the same restaurant on the South Side. Obviously we were impressed with our first experience at Sawmill (we were visiting from Oakville, Ontario) so knew we would not be disappointed with a second visit.Special Features:
- Not as great as I was expectingLia773Dined on 8/11/2014Sawmill Capilano had given me such a good experience a few months ago that I was so excited to go back for steak and lobster night but booked it at the south side location and I was not really impressed with the food. It wasn't very good.
- Romantic night outMrT78Dined on 8/9/2014Had a awesome time out , friendly staff , great enviroment , food was amazing and had a incredible night would love to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sawmill reliable choicesillverwillowDined on 8/8/20145 of us attended on a Friday night unfortunately we were put at a table right where all the staff traffic went in and out of the servery. The steak is a very safe choice. There was a special on increasing the steak size for $3. Two of my companions chose that and were happy with the choice. There isn't anything new or inventive on the menu. So if you want a safe steak and potato meal this is the place to go. Their Sunday brunch is a much livelier event with good basic selections on the carvery and the veg are all very fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 571 reviews are from the Sawmill - Edmonton South reviews archive.
- RenosSteakphenomanolDined on 7/27/2014Your really need to renovate the outside totally, when we walked up we really wondered if it was even in business!!! Not inviting at all very disappointed!!! If someone was coming in from out of town I would take them somewhere else just cause if the outside. But the food was great! Even a relocation would be a asset!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The 70th Birthday BashmissmaraDined on 7/12/2014We attended The Sawmill on Calgary Trail for my mom's 70th Birthday Party. It was a great experience for everyone. The food was awesome and the service was excellent. There were 20 guests at our table which makes it difficult for the servers but we were fortunate as our server never complained and he did an excellent job of remembering all of our orders. I highly recommend this Sawmill and look forward to another dining experience there.Special Features: