Sawmill - Edmonton South
4745 Gateway Blvd
Edmonton, AB T6H 5C3Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$30 and under
Sawmill - Edmonton South
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sawmillrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7804361950x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 2:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 2:30pm - 10:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Neil McCandless
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our delicious meals and superb service are among the finest available and has given us a name synonymous with fine dining. Couple that with a beautiful banquet facility, and you have the makings for the perfect party for your next corporate or family event. We realize the confidence you have in your caterer is very important, so feel free to browse through our menu suggestions or drop in for a mid-week lunch and taste our delicious food. We'd be more than happy to meet you and discuss how we can help, and keep in mind we can work with your budget or culinary ideas.
- Entertainment: Join us in our Lounge for Live Music on Friday & Saturdays starting at 7pm.
The Sawmill Loyalty Program was designed to show you, the customer, our appreciation for your loyal patronage. Membership is free!
The Sawmill Loyalty Card has two accounts; a Sawmill Point account and a Sawmill Dollar account. The Sawmill will issue 1 point for every dollar spent. When your account reaches 500 points, 500 points will be debited from the Sawmill Points account and $25 Sawmill Dollars will be credited to the Sawmill$ Earned Account. These Sawmill Dollars can be used to pay for food, beverage and merchandise on future bills at any Sawmill Location.
- Special Events: By joining us one week before or one week after the special guest’s birth date you will receive $25.00 off your guest cheque for dinner or $15.00 off during lunch. 4 or more regular priced entrees must be purchased.
THERE ARE PERKS BY GETTING SOCIAL WITH THE SAWMILL
Want to earn extra Sawmill Loyalty Points? Link your Sawmill Loyalty account to Facebook, and when you visit a Sawmill and earn points, a message will post to your Facebook News Feed / Wall. 25% of the value of your guest check (in bonus points) will be earned each time a message posts. Visit www.myicard.net to get connected.
A word from Sawmill - Edmonton South
This location began a trend over 35 years ago serving the best quality product available at a very reasonable price. "AAA" Alberta Prime Rib and Certified Angus Steaks are the two staples that have made the Sawmill Restaurants the most popular dining establishments in the city. This location is divided into a dining room and pub. The dining room is like no other in the city, first class dining in a rustic Sawmill atmosphere. Surrounded by old sawmill blades measuring 5 feet in diameter and photographs as large as 30 square feet featuring sawmills over a hundred years ago. The pub is reminiscent of an English style with half its draught beer imported from the United Kingdom. Try one or sample them all to decide which will be your pint of choice!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sawmill - Edmonton South reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)good for groups (25)romantic (22)great for lunch (16)fit for foodies (14)neighborhood gem (11)great for brunch (9)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Our server Myra was awesome! She was so knowledgable with the wine list, she knew the answer to all our questions and she made perfect recommendations. Plus the food was so good. I'm glad I chose to take my husbands grandparents here. Thanks for an awesome night Myra and staff !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Edmonton South Side LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014We enjoyed our Thanksgiving here, the meal was very good & plentiful and reasonably priced. We were seated at the 1st booth inside the door & found it too busy. The restaurant looks abit tired, the table had chips & the ambience could definitely be improved with different lighting. All in all a good Dinner.Special Features:
- thanksgiving dinner was smashingRuttigerDined on 10/12/2014My wife and I had a lovely evening and our waiter was super.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Usually i would recommend sawmill anyday, i generally love their food, however the thanksgiving special wasn't very good at all. The stuffing was jelly like texture and so were the potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime ribKayeDined on 10/12/2014Super great prime ribs and brunch. Love the Yorkshire pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksgivingLynnieDined on 10/12/2014The Thanksgiving special was fabulous. Amazing butternut squash soup, huge portions in the main turkey/stuffing entree, delicious pumpkin pure. Price was even more amazing! A wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Again!GeneDined on 10/12/2014Sorry, but what I have to say takes more room than you can provide
- DisappointingTuskerDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I went out to celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary at this restaurant. The service was ok but the food was not what we were expecting ... well below par when you are spending $100 for a meal with a drink each. I would not return here - I would go to the other steak house and bar in South Common. We have been there several times and have always left wanting more.
- BeagleladyDined on 10/7/2014Went with visitors from England and they enjoyed the prime rib and Yorkshire pudding. Our waiter was very attentive and offered great suggestions when unsure of what to order.Special Features:
- Awesome service! Fantastic meal!WanderingwandaDined on 9/27/2014We went here on a Friday night. I made reservations. We were seated immediately and our server made sure our food arrived perfectly timed so we were finished with the one course before the next came. We had wine as per the recommendation of our server, sterling, and it was very good, a bit dryer than we like but the taste was excellent. We could not have had a better meal. We had the meal for two, steak lobster shrimp mashed gravy and vegetable, a wonderful salad to start and desert afterwards. It was a great experience and our server, Sterling, was absolutely amazing. Over would definatly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- einalemDined on 9/26/2014I'll recommend this restaurant to my friends and relatives.Special Features:
- Delicious !SYLBYLDined on 9/21/2014We had a wonderful brunch.Every morsel was delicious and made you want to go back for seconds.Of course this is impossible if one wants to partake of as many different foods offered.One must first look in every corner to see what is all there.Things are easily missed.Overall a very good dining experience.Special Features:
- Not bad, not greatEaterDined on 9/15/2014We had lunch with friends and as couples everything was good. The restaurant seems a bit dated and the menu didn't have the options I had hoped for. The food we got was very tasty however. The steak was a little under cooked so it was not all eaten but other than that it was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food are excellent, sevice is poorhoneybeeDined on 9/11/2014Me and my bf been eating on the southside location for a few years. This time we came for birthday dinner and friends came over from Hong Kong. We had reservation but no one at the front for at least 10 mins. The waitress I think is quite new, keep take away the glasses and plates before she asked that we were done. She dropped a steak knife on me, it scared me badly. The way she served us is trying to clean every single thing on the table even the water glasses and rush us to leave.. She definitely needs training! I am totally disappointed how my bday dinner was like that plus my overseas friends are not impressed either.Special Features:
- AMAZING SERVICECorrie2113Dined on 9/6/2014My boyfriend and I went here with Family for our birthday (we have the same birthday). Steve was our waiter and was absolutely amazing! The food was fantastic and I was very glad we opted for the Sawmill for our birthday dinner.Special Features:
- AwfulPrincessDined on 8/30/2014I went there for dinner for my 27th birthday and had 10 guests. I would assume all together we spent at least $800-$900. I would never recommend anyone to go there. The food was terrible and the service was not what id expect when spending that much money. Im in the service industry and I carry myself in a much better manner then the server we got. Our server mussnt make very much in tips :/Special Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Service was fantastic and food was very good but surf and turf had only 1 shrimp and 1 scallop? Really? should have been at least 3 of each!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude serviceveggetteVIPDined on 8/22/2014We came for a bday party. The restaurant upon entering had a disgusting smell. Waitress was rude and mumbled comments under her breath as if we couldn't hear. Food was overcooked and hard to get refills. I think it's just this location but we will not be returning.
- Great SteaksRomanDined on 8/21/2014The three of us each ordered a variety of steak cuts and sides and all three of us each thought it was the best steak we had in a long time. Service was attentive but not in your face. Plan to check out their Pub on the next visit.Special Features:
- Something is missing/decliningchanclanDined on 8/19/2014dined at Sawmill few times over number of years and something seems missing or declining. The stuffed baked potato was dry. Asked for my steak to be rare and received medium with some areas medium well. colleague ordered escargot -- have not seen what looked like some sort of salsa baked on top of the escargot..not appealing. The special mushroom/gravy/spinach/blue cheese sauce was nothing special in my mind. Crab cakes needed more crab. This was a business dinner with folks from NJ so did not mention too many of these to server but Sr. Mgmt did mention that we'd probably re-consider returning in future. Overall, I'd rate experience as Fair, certainly not poor but would be a bit of stretch for good.
- outoftownvisitorDined on 8/11/2014We were introduced to Sawmill when taken to this restaurant in Fort Saskatchewan by family. We decided to take family from Edmonton to the same restaurant on the South Side. Obviously we were impressed with our first experience at Sawmill (we were visiting from Oakville, Ontario) so knew we would not be disappointed with a second visit.Special Features:
- Not as great as I was expectingLia773Dined on 8/11/2014Sawmill Capilano had given me such a good experience a few months ago that I was so excited to go back for steak and lobster night but booked it at the south side location and I was not really impressed with the food. It wasn't very good.
- Romantic night outMrT78Dined on 8/9/2014Had a awesome time out , friendly staff , great enviroment , food was amazing and had a incredible night would love to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sawmill reliable choicesillverwillowDined on 8/8/20145 of us attended on a Friday night unfortunately we were put at a table right where all the staff traffic went in and out of the servery. The steak is a very safe choice. There was a special on increasing the steak size for $3. Two of my companions chose that and were happy with the choice. There isn't anything new or inventive on the menu. So if you want a safe steak and potato meal this is the place to go. Their Sunday brunch is a much livelier event with good basic selections on the carvery and the veg are all very fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RenosSteakphenomanolDined on 7/27/2014Your really need to renovate the outside totally, when we walked up we really wondered if it was even in business!!! Not inviting at all very disappointed!!! If someone was coming in from out of town I would take them somewhere else just cause if the outside. But the food was great! Even a relocation would be a asset!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The 70th Birthday BashmissmaraDined on 7/12/2014We attended The Sawmill on Calgary Trail for my mom's 70th Birthday Party. It was a great experience for everyone. The food was awesome and the service was excellent. There were 20 guests at our table which makes it difficult for the servers but we were fortunate as our server never complained and he did an excellent job of remembering all of our orders. I highly recommend this Sawmill and look forward to another dining experience there.Special Features:
- Great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014If you want to eat steak the sawmill is a excellent choice. Friendly services with a great steak, use it regularly to have lunch or dinner with customers. The south location is in my opinion the best.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantlOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014The food was above our expectation, and this is THE place for steak! They have a great patio for a summer evening out without kids!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014As usual superb food & service. Loved the fact that since we were a large party - they placed us away from other diners in our own section so we would not be rushed & could visit easily while enjoying the wonderful food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014I enjoyed that it was quiet and great for conversation. My ribs were overcooked, dry and not worth the money.
- Shoe leatherOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2014We have been going to Sawmill for years, and on our last 3 visits, the food really hasn't been great. I ordered a medium rare steak, it came very rare. Even though it was super rare, it was tougher than shoe leather! The veggies were already cold. The lobster tails were good, but they must mix cooking oil or something with the butter for dipping, which probably saves money but really doesn't taste as nice. The booth we were in needed repair, when the people behind got in or out, the whole thing moved. We were also seated right near the entry, which not so romantic with the servers going back and forth all the time...considering it was empty in there, you'd think they would put people in their better seats. Will be our last visit.
- A bit shabbyFishfaceDined on 6/27/2014Sawmill has definitely fallen from its former glory. Decore is aged and the overall atmosphere is not as it used to be.
- Dark and DingySnoopy52Dined on 6/22/2014We ordered the prime rib which was excellant, the Yorkshire pudding was tough and chewy, the gravy tasted like something from a package mix. Other guest ordered steak which was over done. The garlic mashed potatoes where terrible. The air-conditioner was working so it was hot and humid in the restaurant. The whole place reeked of old cooking oil. It was disgusting not a very appetizing atmosphere. The Sawmill did not meet our expectations.
- The following 562 reviews are from the Sawmill - Edmonton South reviews archive.
- ShakespearDined on 6/20/2014The restaurant was extremely hot inside. We couldn't wait to finish quickly and leave. I was sweating through my shirt. It wasn't that warm of a day. It was like a sauna there. I shouldn't be forced to sit outside if I didn't want to dine outside. I was very disappointed there was no salad bar. We were looking forward to that. It's been yrs since we were there. The food was just warm(except the potatoe). The meat was nicely done but my son's primerib was 50% fat(much more than normal). The vegies and deafood side was very bland. The yorkshire pudding was burnt.Special Features:
- GreatfoodGreatserviceDined on 6/16/2014Jaz was an exceptional server who took care of everything we needed :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff for the OccasionDiningDivaDined on 6/15/2014The service was a little slow due to accommodating groups of walk-ins but not really being staffed to handle the extra tables, as well as the pre-booked reservations. Although our server, Jeffrey, was very good at keeping us informed and did an outstanding job for our table. I always staffed for a full restaurant on special occasions as walk-ins are a reality of the industry, especially in a bombing city like Edmonton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers DaynodineDined on 6/15/2014Are fathers day experience was pretty disappointing. Our whole family are big steak lovers, when it came to finding a place to enjoy our fathers day dinner, we decided that the sawmill would be a great place to go. Our food was Luke warm and all our steaks were very dry and had a very strange after taste.
- Hot, Uncomfortable, DisappointingBillDined on 6/15/2014Food stations were poorly maintained and the staff were more concerned about tearing down than ensuring all guests were taken care of. Even Tom Goodchild would not approve. Terrible experience!
- Bad food, place was dirty.MysweetmusicDined on 6/15/2014Will not eat here or recommend this restaurant. Who does the cooking, a junior high good class?Special Features:
- Was a good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Went there for Father's Day Brunch. Plenty of brunch selection and a good price; except they do charge kids no matter how young-- really, my toddler and one year old barely ate! Because they charge young children, I wouldn't go back. But great place for families with older kids!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.