360 San Lorenzo Ave
Coral Gables, FL 33146Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sawarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (305) 447-6555
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Dinner Sunday Thru Thursday 4:00pm - 11:00pm and Friday and Saturday 4:00 pm - Midnight.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Several different indoor/outdoor, on-premise/off-premise options available.
- Private Party Facilities: Sawa has several options for special events. Two element inspired outdoor lounges seat up to 20 each and are great for birthdays, corporate happy hours, graduations, and other social style occasions.
Sawa's indoor room is available for a more private dining venue. For formal dinners, the room seats 45. For standing and social functions, the room can accommodate up to 150. This room provides direct access to the bar, can be accommodated for DJ's, has a TV and hookup for presentations, and decorating options are available.
Outdoors we can accommodate groups of up to 70 seated. Week day restaurant buy-out options also available for max capacity of 170 people.
We specialize in events and are very flexible in customizing your event to fit your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Coordinator 3054476555x
- Entertainment: Bellydance Performances Friday, and Saturday at 8:00pm and 10:00pm
Theme Night Thursdays Showcase Special Themed Performances every Thursday at 8pm and pair with Drink and Food specials.
- Special Events: Miami Spice- August 1-September 30.
New Years Eve Dinner with elaborate entertainment
A word from Sawa
Located in beautiful Merrick Park in Coral Gables, Sawa, which means togetherness, uniquely combines contemporary Mediterranean cuisine and sushi, live performance, lounging, and a fresh nightlife atmosphere to Coral GablesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Sawa reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (18)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (12)special occasion (9)neighborhood gem (9)scenic view (7)romantic (6)hot spot (6)great for lunch (6)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- top food in pleasant outdoor patioPinecrestGuyDined on 10/18/2014I recommend this restaurant. The food was very good. I would have given it an excellent, as the tapas were wonderful, but my wife's seafood rizotto was only mediocre. Everything else, though, was excellent. The service was friendly and attentive and the belly dancing livened things up every 45 minutes or so.Special Features:
- Good, As ExpectedGMasDined on 10/14/2014It was our second visit and everything was good. The only thing one can say was not so good has to do with the restaurant's location below a gym or something because there is frequent thumping noise emanating from above sounding almost like thunder. (not as loud) After a while the noise becomes insignificant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrnkVIPDined on 10/4/2014unfortunately, everything but the food was very acceptable.Special Features:
- A Pleasant SurpriseGMasDined on 10/1/2014A great first time experience with a great happy hour food menu.Special Features:
- love2eatDined on 9/27/2014It was a little bit hot to sit outside but fans needs to stay onSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014Went there for my wife's bday lunch with some friends and everything was awesome. Hummus platter was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could not have asked for more!borntotravelDined on 9/21/2014Ate here for Miami Spice and was delighted. The servers were great and every dish on the Spice menu was delicious. Lovely atmosphere outdoors under the palm trees ar Merrick Park. Highly recommended, especially the panna cottta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely cuisine!PigFoxDined on 9/5/2014Sawa offers fantastic Mediterranean and Japanese food. My boyfriend and I shared the vegetarian tapas which was a unique option to find. The service was so polite and helpful. I would definitely recommend the tempura grape leaves and that fantastic chocolate soufflé and pistachio icecream! We even had a belly dancer perform right by our table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exelentromanticdine1Dined on 8/23/2014it was very good, when i visit miami i will come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the visitSteakEnthusiastDined on 8/22/2014Went for Miami Spice in the evening first time. Chef is definitely good. We ordered one of everything. 10 people and all the plates were delicious. Filet was tender and juicy,fish,ribs,ceviche,sushi all perfectly made. This time went for lunch. Only disappointment in food was that the menu changed. Ordered off of the lunch and appetizer menu. Food was delicious. They have a belly dancer which makes it a little more fun.Special Features:
- Great Miami Spice 2014 choice!yaya19Dined on 8/20/2014Size of portions very generous. Great and fast service. Parking a little hard but there is valet at the hotel ($12).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetarians dream!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014Great for happy hour. Small plates and tapas list is extensive. As a vegetarian is can be difficult to eat out, sawa has more than half the menu options for vegetarians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Let Downhooligan27Dined on 8/17/2014I went with my girlfriend for trying the Miami Spice deal and we were very let down with the food. The only salvageable part was the hummus plate. The rest was very mediocre and pricey. Won't go here again.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Great location, nice ambience, food OK, the steak was not as tender as one would expect, ceviche was OK, the baby back ribs appetizer was very good, the dulce de leche dessert was good, and the service was good as well. May try it one more time.Special Features:
- EnjoyableJCJCDined on 8/2/2014Went for lunch on a saturday with my daughter. The service was very good and the food was awesome. Had the Miami Spice menu which was very reasonable to try it out. I had the mango flavored and she had the lychee flavored bellinis, they were 2 for 1 - yummy. I tried the dumpling sampler and she had the asian salad both very good. Main entrees were mushroom burger and tuna tataki both very very good. Desserts were coconut panna cotta and assorted baklavas wow the perfect touch to finish the meal. I really enjoyed the visit and the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Sawa!Bfunkyeats2000VIPDined on 8/1/2014The Staff, the food, and the ambience are awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sawa is SO SOCJuneVIPDined on 8/1/2014For appetizers, we ordered the BURRATA SALAD with heirloom tomatoes, kalamata olives, arugula, balsamic vinaigrette, It was delicious but very small The ceviche was also delicious. The main dishes: Marinated miso salmon, sushi rice, asparagus, Very good. The N.Y. STRIP STEAK 12 oz, green peppercorn butter, mediterranean broccoli, was very hard to chew and no flavor Dessert: CRÈME BRULEE vanilla custard, caramelized sugar, Very small and DULCE DE LECHE BANANA SPRING ROLL dulce de leche, banana, vanilla bean ice cream Overly fried. Overall not very enjoyable dinner It still cost us over $100 with drinks. Not a great atmosphere unless you enjoy dining with loud screaming patrons at the tables and bar.
- Good but not great. Disappointed.FoodiequeenDined on 8/1/2014Food was very good. Server was attentive but slow. Took forever to get entree and dessert. Smokers all around were greatest negative and huge annoyance. Left restaurant smelling like cigarettes and cigars. Will probably not patronize restaurant again because of smoking issue.Special Features:
- The following 125 reviews are from the Sawa reviews archive.
- very nicemariagonzaVIPDined on 7/19/2014the food was excellent the service was so kind and special they have food dog thta really niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrnkVIPDined on 7/5/2014has no indoor dining as it's just a few tables by the bar.Special Features:
- Nice Happy HourSFCADined on 6/17/2014Good Happy Hour prices on drinks and a variety of nice healthy bar foods, fun atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Great for a Late Night MealamyjessDined on 6/6/2014Fun, energetic restaurant with bar located inside. Seating is outdoors in a nice open air setting in Merrick Park. Tapas style food. Standouts were the spare ribs & tuna tartare. Open late. Nice staff. Hookahs available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandiVIPDined on 5/31/2014In the mood for a different dining experience, try Sawa at the Village of Merrick Park. Mediterranean food at its best in a beautiful outdoor setting and a very attentive staff. The menu is vast and so are the drink choices. Try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Good at all!AntonioVIPDined on 5/10/2014This restaurant should not take reservations late night if not prepare to do it. As soon we got the table the server rush the order saying the kitchen was about to close. Terrible sushi plates, terrible soup of the day (old and dry salty) terrible Mediterranean plater.
- good food..poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/9/2014Food was good. Nice ambience. Liked the menu. But They didnt have enough people. Our dinner took over 1 hour. Kitchen was backed up. My dh was upset.Special Features:
- Outdoor DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/5/2014Great Outdoor Dining. Dont like the inside seating as much. I think the place is best suited as an outdoor venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Sawa never received my reservation through open table, thank god I called beforehand!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!AnaKarenGDined on 4/25/2014From the hostess Ana Maria to the servers Chong and Nadia to the Mgr. Pavel..Service does not get any better. Amazing staff, great wine selection and good entrees. Ih yeah, awesome hookahs! Both servers were on top of their game. Kept the coals and the wine coming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely outdoor settingMariTFVIPDined on 4/25/2014This is a great Happy Hour spot to meet friends. It has very friendly service and a lovely outdoor setting where you can have a conversation and not be drowned out by the crowd. Everything on the menu is tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandiVIPDined on 4/25/2014If you want good Mediterranean food and an enjoyable setting, head to Sawa. Surrounded by the shops at Merrick Park, it's a perfect break for lunch. Great kabobs and tapas. If daytime sit outside, but ask for a shaded table. Can be a bit hot in the summer months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SAWA the Amazing RestaurantLaChelaDined on 4/18/2014We loved, the place beautiful,The food exquisite,they have everything, fish, meat, lamb, sushi, we enjoy the beautiful show at 8:00 pm that girl dance like a Angel, gorgeous, excellent, and we make hookah awesome!! Definitely we recommend and we want to come back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Happy Hour in Merrick Parki82dayVIPDined on 4/18/2014sushi and drink specials for happy hour rock. The server Lourdes is great.Special Features:
- very impressed!!!DV5150Dined on 4/12/2014It was our 2nd option for Saturday night but I think it'll be on th top of our list from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good overall. Staff friendly-FoodieVIPDined on 3/10/2014Very good overall. Staff friendly- server tried hard. Stays open until 11 PM on week nights which is a plus. Pleasant, quiet surroundings outdoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Communication / ServiceRodriguez26Dined on 2/15/2014I was really bummed to have experience for the first time and be embarrassed with all my guest having to cancel their order after waiting for 1 hour and 45 minutes. They over booked themselves with a bunch of group parties and mines was able the one who had experience the worst , everyone was really upset and what makes it worst is that one of the waiter said " Please be patient , It looked as if you were having a good time" yeah we were however we were hungry, and patient enough to wait for 1 hour and 45 minutes for dinners and some samplers and once they brought the checks it was a mess, and nothing was even discounted.The lack of communication was horrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique menu in a great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014In Merrick park, a great restaurant for date night or a night out with friends. Menu is a mix of Mediterranean and Japanese food, has hooka, and belly dancing shows. The price is high, but not outrageous, for a appetizer/dinner/wine/dessert about $100- we had a great time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unhappy CustomerToDiforDined on 2/14/2014Food took about 45 min to arrive (maybe longer)after placing the order. When it finally arrived, I had lost my appetite completely. In addition to that, the dish I ordered did not indicate the entire contents, which included Mushrooms that I'm allergic to. Waiters/Waitresses although super polite, could do nothing to compensate for the slow Chef/Kitchen service received. Not worth the very lengthy driving time.Special Features:
- A- OverallASANDined on 2/14/2014The food and drink was excellent though the prices were a bit on the high side. Otherwise, I am going to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itloveitDined on 2/13/2014Valentine's Dinner, amazing food, hookah, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistently fantastic!LuvdinningVIPDined on 2/7/2014Amazing service and friendliest staff you can find. Food is great and ambiance is perfect. Manager and waiters all go out of their way to make everyone feel special....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.