360 San Lorenzo Ave
Coral Gables, FL 33146Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sawarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3054476555
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Dinner Sunday Thru Thursday 4:00pm - 11:00pm and Friday and Saturday 4:00 pm - Midnight.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Several different indoor/outdoor, on-premise/off-premise options available.
- Private Party Facilities: Located in the beautifull Village of Merrick Park in Coral Gables, Florida. "SAWA" is a unique, ecclectic restaurant and lounge inspired by the four elements of life "Earth","Fire","Water" and "Wind". Sawa offers a creative and delicious Mediterranean/Japanese dual-concept menu.
- Private Party Contact: Events Coordinator 3054476555
- Entertainment: Bellydance Performances Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at 8:00pm and 10:00pm
Sunday Night, Arabian Night 9:00 pm to 1:00 am
- Special Events: Miami Spice- August 1-September 30.
Fashions Night Out Offical Red Carpet Afterparty September 6th at 7pm
New Years Eve Dinner with elaborate entertainment
A word from Sawa
Located in beautiful Merrick Park in Coral Gables, Sawa, which means togetherness, uniquely combines classic Mediterranean cuisine and sushi, live performance lounging and a fresh nightlife atmosphere to Coral GablesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Sawa reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (17)good for groups (11)special occasion (9)great for lunch (9)late-night find (6)neighborhood gem (6)scenic view (6)fit for foodies (5)romantic (4)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- exelentromanticdine1Dined on 8/23/2014it was very good, when i visit miami i will come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the visitSteakEnthusiastDined on 8/22/2014Went for Miami Spice in the evening first time. Chef is definitely good. We ordered one of everything. 10 people and all the plates were delicious. Filet was tender and juicy,fish,ribs,ceviche,sushi all perfectly made. This time went for lunch. Only disappointment in food was that the menu changed. Ordered off of the lunch and appetizer menu. Food was delicious. They have a belly dancer which makes it a little more fun.Special Features:
- Great Miami Spice 2014 choice!yaya19Dined on 8/20/2014Size of portions very generous. Great and fast service. Parking a little hard but there is valet at the hotel ($12).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Let Downhooligan27Dined on 8/17/2014I went with my girlfriend for trying the Miami Spice deal and we were very let down with the food. The only salvageable part was the hummus plate. The rest was very mediocre and pricey. Won't go here again.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Great location, nice ambience, food OK, the steak was not as tender as one would expect, ceviche was OK, the baby back ribs appetizer was very good, the dulce de leche dessert was good, and the service was good as well. May try it one more time.Special Features:
- EnjoyableJCJCDined on 8/2/2014Went for lunch on a saturday with my daughter. The service was very good and the food was awesome. Had the Miami Spice menu which was very reasonable to try it out. I had the mango flavored and she had the lychee flavored bellinis, they were 2 for 1 - yummy. I tried the dumpling sampler and she had the asian salad both very good. Main entrees were mushroom burger and tuna tataki both very very good. Desserts were coconut panna cotta and assorted baklavas wow the perfect touch to finish the meal. I really enjoyed the visit and the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Sawa!Bfunkyeats2000VIPDined on 8/1/2014The Staff, the food, and the ambience are awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sawa is SO SOCJuneVIPDined on 8/1/2014For appetizers, we ordered the BURRATA SALAD with heirloom tomatoes, kalamata olives, arugula, balsamic vinaigrette, It was delicious but very small The ceviche was also delicious. The main dishes: Marinated miso salmon, sushi rice, asparagus, Very good. The N.Y. STRIP STEAK 12 oz, green peppercorn butter, mediterranean broccoli, was very hard to chew and no flavor Dessert: CRÈME BRULEE vanilla custard, caramelized sugar, Very small and DULCE DE LECHE BANANA SPRING ROLL dulce de leche, banana, vanilla bean ice cream Overly fried. Overall not very enjoyable dinner It still cost us over $100 with drinks. Not a great atmosphere unless you enjoy dining with loud screaming patrons at the tables and bar.
- Good but not great. Disappointed.FoodiequeenDined on 8/1/2014Food was very good. Server was attentive but slow. Took forever to get entree and dessert. Smokers all around were greatest negative and huge annoyance. Left restaurant smelling like cigarettes and cigars. Will probably not patronize restaurant again because of smoking issue.Special Features:
- very nicemariagonzaVIPDined on 7/19/2014the food was excellent the service was so kind and special they have food dog thta really niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrnkVIPDined on 7/5/2014has no indoor dining as it's just a few tables by the bar.Special Features:
- Nice Happy HourSFCADined on 6/17/2014Good Happy Hour prices on drinks and a variety of nice healthy bar foods, fun atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Great for a Late Night MealamyjessDined on 6/6/2014Fun, energetic restaurant with bar located inside. Seating is outdoors in a nice open air setting in Merrick Park. Tapas style food. Standouts were the spare ribs & tuna tartare. Open late. Nice staff. Hookahs available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandiVIPDined on 5/31/2014In the mood for a different dining experience, try Sawa at the Village of Merrick Park. Mediterranean food at its best in a beautiful outdoor setting and a very attentive staff. The menu is vast and so are the drink choices. Try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Good at all!AntonioVIPDined on 5/10/2014This restaurant should not take reservations late night if not prepare to do it. As soon we got the table the server rush the order saying the kitchen was about to close. Terrible sushi plates, terrible soup of the day (old and dry salty) terrible Mediterranean plater.
- good food..poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/9/2014Food was good. Nice ambience. Liked the menu. But They didnt have enough people. Our dinner took over 1 hour. Kitchen was backed up. My dh was upset.Special Features:
- Outdoor DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/5/2014Great Outdoor Dining. Dont like the inside seating as much. I think the place is best suited as an outdoor venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 117 reviews are from the Sawa reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Sawa never received my reservation through open table, thank god I called beforehand!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!AnaKarenGDined on 4/25/2014From the hostess Ana Maria to the servers Chong and Nadia to the Mgr. Pavel..Service does not get any better. Amazing staff, great wine selection and good entrees. Ih yeah, awesome hookahs! Both servers were on top of their game. Kept the coals and the wine coming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely outdoor settingMariTFVIPDined on 4/25/2014This is a great Happy Hour spot to meet friends. It has very friendly service and a lovely outdoor setting where you can have a conversation and not be drowned out by the crowd. Everything on the menu is tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandiVIPDined on 4/25/2014If you want good Mediterranean food and an enjoyable setting, head to Sawa. Surrounded by the shops at Merrick Park, it's a perfect break for lunch. Great kabobs and tapas. If daytime sit outside, but ask for a shaded table. Can be a bit hot in the summer months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SAWA the Amazing RestaurantLaChelaDined on 4/18/2014We loved, the place beautiful,The food exquisite,they have everything, fish, meat, lamb, sushi, we enjoy the beautiful show at 8:00 pm that girl dance like a Angel, gorgeous, excellent, and we make hookah awesome!! Definitely we recommend and we want to come back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Happy Hour in Merrick Parki82dayVIPDined on 4/18/2014sushi and drink specials for happy hour rock. The server Lourdes is great.Special Features:
- very impressed!!!DV5150Dined on 4/12/2014It was our 2nd option for Saturday night but I think it'll be on th top of our list from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good overall. Staff friendly-FoodieVIPDined on 3/10/2014Very good overall. Staff friendly- server tried hard. Stays open until 11 PM on week nights which is a plus. Pleasant, quiet surroundings outdoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Communication / ServiceRodriguez26Dined on 2/15/2014I was really bummed to have experience for the first time and be embarrassed with all my guest having to cancel their order after waiting for 1 hour and 45 minutes. They over booked themselves with a bunch of group parties and mines was able the one who had experience the worst , everyone was really upset and what makes it worst is that one of the waiter said " Please be patient , It looked as if you were having a good time" yeah we were however we were hungry, and patient enough to wait for 1 hour and 45 minutes for dinners and some samplers and once they brought the checks it was a mess, and nothing was even discounted.The lack of communication was horrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique menu in a great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014In Merrick park, a great restaurant for date night or a night out with friends. Menu is a mix of Mediterranean and Japanese food, has hooka, and belly dancing shows. The price is high, but not outrageous, for a appetizer/dinner/wine/dessert about $100- we had a great time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unhappy CustomerToDiforDined on 2/14/2014Food took about 45 min to arrive (maybe longer)after placing the order. When it finally arrived, I had lost my appetite completely. In addition to that, the dish I ordered did not indicate the entire contents, which included Mushrooms that I'm allergic to. Waiters/Waitresses although super polite, could do nothing to compensate for the slow Chef/Kitchen service received. Not worth the very lengthy driving time.Special Features:
- A- OverallASANDined on 2/14/2014The food and drink was excellent though the prices were a bit on the high side. Otherwise, I am going to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itloveitDined on 2/13/2014Valentine's Dinner, amazing food, hookah, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistently fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/7/2014Amazing service and friendliest staff you can find. Food is great and ambiance is perfect. Manager and waiters all go out of their way to make everyone feel special....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level quiet outdoorsFoodieVIPDined on 1/24/2014Noise level quiet outdoors but noisy indoors. Server was well meaning but not very helpful and food from kitchen all came at once- but food is very good and setting pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Friendly Staff, but SLOWCatiFdzDined on 1/20/2014The food, for the most part, was quiet good. The soups and Lebanese sampler were delicious. The kabobs were decent but not worth the price tag. Our waitress was very friendly, however, she was not the most attentive person.Special Features:
- never againfoodjunkievDined on 1/18/2014Our waitress was so rude. It took forever to get service. We were seated for 20 minutes without being asked for water. She said she would take our orders after she gave us water. It has been over 10 minites and another waiter took our order instead. After the gentleman took our order for my party of 7, she was finally able to take our order. When we told her it has already been done she immediately walked away and started to ask who took our order as shes the waitress in charge of the table. Finally our food came in. The food was great. Then came our hookah. The waitress set up our 2 hookahs and within 25mins we ask her to change the charcoal as it was burning our throat. Her response? You used it all up you need to buy another head.Special Features:
- Who let the dogs out?cherDined on 1/10/2014I don't think dogs should be allowed to sit at tables during dinner...The tables are close together and I was startled when I went to sit and a large dog was sitting right next to my chair....I love animals, and own 4 large dogs, but there is a time and place. I had to ask for my table to be moved and I felt for a fine dinning restaurant that this should have never happened. It was nice to see the dogs in the park area. Our waiter Carlos was very nice and the Manager Chelsea Crisler was very pleasant in making us feel very welcomed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant service but slowOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/19/2013Great food atmosphere and waiter really nice but service extremely slow they did not appear busy we were only table inside but maybe they had waiters that didn't show. Will try again but will make sure have a couple hours for dinner. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice, excellent service,anoukDined on 11/2/2013Very nice, excellent service, Amazing belly dancer!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was goodTokyoVIPDined on 10/26/2013Sawa had a variety of Japanese, middle eastern food. Flavor was ok. I had a bento box and it was pricy for such a little meal.Special Features:
- Fun, friendly, & fabulousnikwolDined on 10/18/2013Sawa was great for a Friday night girls' night out. We loved everything we ordered, from the Mediterranean Sampler appetizer, to the delicious salads with Kebabs. Good wine list, fun entertainment (we loved the belly dancing), & a very pleasant & efficient server made the evening loads of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun!WhiteyDined on 10/11/2013We had a great time with our kids at Sawa last Friday. They have a belly dancing show on Fridays and Saturdays which was very nice, the kids were able to participate and had blast =) The food and service were good as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.