2500 SE Clinton St
Portland, OR 97202Neighborhood:
Downtown Portland - SE
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.savoypdx.com/
- Phone: 5038089999
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Su-Th 4:00pm-12:00am
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Josh Hedrick
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: On most Thursday nights we feature our series of Live Bands. If you"re interested in seeing our line up, please visit our schedule at www.savoytavern.tumblr.com.
A word from Savoy Tavern
The Savoy Tavern was established May 5th 2005 with the sole intention of bringing the dishes and tastes of the Midwest to Portland Oregon. Since then we have been serving up mountains of fried cheese curds, rivers of Friday fish fry"s, and hours and hours of happy hours for our guests. The Savoy's room has been described as a dark, cozy, sleek, modern interior with homey Midwest charms. Our goal is to provide our guests with the best value in food, beer, wine, and cocktails. Our food will bring you back to the home cooking of the Midwest, and back again through our front door. We pride ourselves on our regulars, our neighborhood, our staff, and above all, our good ol' Midwest hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Savoy Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
- I dined at Savoy Tavern withOhiotoPortlandDined on 8/25/2013I dined at Savoy Tavern with a party of 8. One hour after ordering our food, the server came to us and told us that the printer must have malfunctioned because our orders never went through. (I'm skeptical that it was a technology error.) He re-rang the orders and offered us the option of desserts on the house. We waited almost another 30-45 minutes for our entrees. An assortment of desserts were served, as promised. Of note, the desserts were not excellent. I was a bit disappointed in the overall service (waters not refilled, second round of drinks not offered, plates cleared late, etc.) Everyone was VERY pleased with their entrees, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday funFive4dinnerDined on 7/22/2013We dined here for a Dads birthday dinner, over all the experience was wonderful, food was great. Ambience was okay but it was a very warm day and the air conditioning wasn't keeping up with the heat from the kitchen and patrons.Special Features:
- Pick Your SidesaudsDined on 7/17/2013We loved the option to be able to pick our sides to go with dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not that greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2013service was good enough, food was unremarkable, way too noisy, but reservation was availableSpecial Features:
- Comfort food!mwd67Dined on 6/10/2013Cozy restaurant with an upbeat energy level and amazing comfort food! Fried cheese curds for appetizer were amazing! Chorizo-stuffed rabbit and fried chicken were excellent entrees. Sides of asparagus and macaroni and cheese were delicious and satisfying. Service was prompt, friendly and helpful. Two thumbs up for this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice but wait staff slowDrewDined on 5/25/2013Very nice absolutely nothing needs improving but the staff. Our waitress seemed to not be able to help more then one table at a time. And other staff just standing around. It was full. That poor waitress seemed to be helping whole place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.