Savoy Bar and Grill Albuquerque
10601 Montgomery Blvd N.E.
Albuquerque, NM 87111Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Savoy Bar and Grill Albuquerque
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.savoyabq.com/ourstory.php
- Phone: 5052949463
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner Daily: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For the truly magnificent and special private setting, we created the “Napa Room”-equipped with a private patio deck and fireplace, state of the art audio/visual dropdown equipment and enough space for 40-50 guests.
A word from Savoy Bar and Grill Albuquerque
Abundant and beautiful California Wine Country in the Northeast Heights. Welcome to “Savoy”! A sun-filled, unpretentious but sophisticated, wine-friendly restaurant. As you walk into the dramatic high-ceiling entryway, you are moved in all directions. To the East you have a frosted view of the tasting room, loaded with fresh flowers and walls of glass-encased wine. To the West you get a glimpse of the lounge bar leading to the vine-covered patio. Light, open and airy with butter-colored walls, dark wood and black & white photography of wine country all come together to create an elegant yet surprisingly comfortable atmosphere in the main dining room. The dark and contemporary edge to the room is offset during the day with an abundance of natural light from large windows and three strategically placed skylights. That oven will be our culinary focal point for the exhibition kitchen, where our guests will see and smell the citrus roasted duckling, the roasted platter of shellfishContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Savoy Bar and Grill Albuquerque - Best Restaurants in Albuquerque ›
Savoy Bar and Grill Albuquerque reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (22)romantic (16)neighborhood gem (13)notable wine list (13)fit for foodies (10)great for lunch (10)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- We will be backFrankABQDined on 8/28/2014Had a great lunch here but more importantly was our service. Our server, Laila, went above and beyond our expectations. She was knowledgeable about the menu, and anticipated our needs. While the food was excellent as always, Laila made the day special. We will be back shortly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & musicTizaseatsDined on 8/23/2014We enjoyed the soloist in the patio. Food was very good especially the salad special with avocados. Service was a bit sketchy.Special Features:
- Place of choice for business lunch!HappyDinerDined on 8/22/2014Savoy is fast becoming my place of choice for business lunches. The food is great, the staff always professional and more often than not it is a place that garners, "Ooohs, and Aaaahs" from my dining companions; many also tell me it is a restaurant they always see, but have never visited. Please make it a point to take a business contact to Savoys for lunch, you will get serious points for the hidden gem, your business contact will spread the word and the restaurant will reap the rewards! Let's make this a win-win for everyone. Enjoy.Special Features:
- great lunch menudiniDined on 8/12/2014moderately priced good food for lunch. salads, appetizers, full entrees. decent wait service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Special CelebrationJJJLDined on 7/15/2014Savoy is our special place for special celebrations ! Great ambiance ! Great Food ! Great Service ! Never Rushed ! And right in my neighborhood!Special Features:
- Like the Energizer BunnyalbqdenDined on 7/15/2014I'll keep going and going and going back! Best restaurant in the Heights for a quiet, delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experiencefood4funDined on 7/14/2014We really enjoyed our fine dining experience at the Savoy. I was visiting my mom and so pleased to see that there is a fine restaurant in the heights. I think it is the only one, and I recommend it strongly.Special Features:
- Great StaffHuppnJennDined on 7/9/2014Our waitress was super friendly and welcoming (as we are new to the area) and even the bartender came over and talked to us, welcoming us to ABQ. The food left a bit to be desired but the staff and service was enough to bring us back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently excellentfoodsnobDined on 7/1/2014We always go to Savoy to celebrate or if we're hosting guests. Their food and service is the most reliably as close to perfection anywhere. Super tasty, healthy and always satisfies with something to pique our curiosity. The quality of their ingredients occasionally allows me to splurge guilt-free on dessert!Special Features:
- Awesome dining!SeeyathereDined on 6/24/2014This was our first visit to Savoy to celebrate a birthday. The food was fantastic, wait staff very attentive and atmosphere was perfect. We are planning to go back. Thank you to Savoy for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Great For Lunch or DinnerJamonDuoDined on 5/9/2014What a great spot for either lunch or dinner. Savoy is becoming our "go to" place for great food and unwinding after a long day.Special Features:
- The following 231 reviews are from the Savoy Bar and Grill Albuquerque reviews archive.
- Savoy Restaurant May 2, 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014The food is great and the ambience is quiet and elegant. Not all the tables were full. Our waiter seemed distracted and disinterested. It took too long to get our drinks and he didn't come back often enough. All in all a wonderful place although a little pricey. The service was not what you would expect at such a high-end restaurant.Special Features:
- Unexpected and fabulousDineoutalotDined on 4/27/2014A colleague and I had endured a dearth of good food while on business travel a few days in New Mexico. Savoy came recommended (by a bartender at another restaurant!) and totally lived up to expectations. The food was fabulous...and if they have their carrot soup with ginger you HAVE to have that. The service and decor were also outstanding, but the nicest surprise was their absolutely lovely and unique wine list and the ample pour flights you could select.Special Features:
- Easter at the Savoymikey1Dined on 4/20/2014We had a party of 5, with a variety of tastes. The menu offered something for all, and the execution of our selections was excellent. Everything was served in an appropriate sequence and we not hurried at any time. We have been several times, and all were a quality experience. Recommend to anyone in the heights looking for a not highly advertised gem.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchPRMHDined on 4/20/2014Savoy used to offer a weekly Sunday Brunch, but I suppose the demand wasn't high enough. Too bad, the Easter Brunch was great! Our only complaints were that the asparagus was a bit over cooked and the wasabi mashed potatoes needed a bit more wasabi to get the effect. The service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Unexpectedly peacefulNMtravelersvelersDined on 4/19/2014My husband and I dined at Savoy some time ago and after being stuck with a table in what seemed like the path for all the wait staff to and from the kitchen, we just didn't go back. This time I requested a quiet table and that is exactly what we had--a wonderful corner table in the fireplace room that made the evening very enjoyable. Our waiter was professional and attentive, and the food was excellent, as was the wine. We will return and we will always be certain to request the fireplace room.Special Features:
- Great experienceDAGallegosSrDined on 3/9/2014I was surprised I now wish I had tried Savoy long ago. Everything is well done from the wait staff to the food. My highest recommendations. Visit today!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating Mom's 85th BirthdayGoodellclDined on 3/3/2014Since I am gluten and dairy free, and I like good food, it is sometimes challenging to eat out. Given that this was my Mom's 85th birthday I was looking for someplace special, upscale, but also given her age I wanted a quiet, warm environment. Mom likes fish while Dad likes meat, so there's that as well. I settled on a comfort food lunch enjoying the winter squash and red chili soup, and the green salad. The salmon was Mom's choice, and she said several times that it was the best salmon she'd ever had. Dad got his favorite French onion soup and the forest ham and cheese sandwich. Our meals were excellent, the service was great, and we stayed for a couple of hours enjoying the after lunch quietness over coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went here for ABQ restaurantMmmmmqDined on 3/1/2014Went here for ABQ restaurant week. It was a great deal for two people that included an appetizer, main course, and dessert for $30. We had the fresh catch of the day and prime rib. Both were good. The desserts-- incredible. We usually don't order dessert but got one of each and they were awesome. The table next to us immediately looked over and said "we should order the dessert too" would definitely recommend again!Special Features:
- disappointingChuckDined on 3/1/2014We have been here for lunch but dinner was a bad experience. The French onion soup was the worst ever. The prime rib was dry and no au jus was offered. We expected more from a "steakhouse". The waitress was not up to par, more like diner material.
- Great FoodSteveDined on 2/28/2014As a party of four, we each tried a different entree on their Restaurant Week menu and we each enjoyed what we ordered. The greens in the salad were fresh and crisp and dressed well. The creme brulee dessert was great but you really have to like coffee flavored ice cream to enjoyed the bundt cake dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experience at SavoyJoshuaDined on 2/27/2014I am sad to say that my friend and I had a bad experience at Savoy. First, we wanted to make a reservation for 6:30, but we were told that the only times available were 6:00, 7:00, etc. When we got to Savoy, the restaurant was practically empty and stayed that way the whole time we were there. The waiter was dismissive and seemed in a big hurry. The food was mediocre, at best, and my risotto cake was literally burned. I had to ask the waiter to have another one made. The dessert was cold and tasted like it had been made the week before and kept refrigerated until we ordered it. I have had great experiences dining in the bar area, and so if I ever do go back to Savoy, that is where I will choose to dine. VERY disappointed!
- Slow Service - Restaurant WeekABQdinerDined on 2/26/2014For my first visit to Savoy, I had high expectations. The food was good, but still left something to be desired. The appetizers were great, my husband's steak was very good, but my chicken was just OK. Desserts were good but not great. My real frustration was the exceptionally slow service between courses - however, this was during Restaurant Week, so they may have been busier than usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014Went for anniversary - have been before. Good food as usual. Service was a little slow but they were busy and we asked to sit at different table than where hostess was trying to seat us. May have messed up the timing for the waiters. I was disappointed when I asked them to box up the remainder of my meal to take home only to find out the next day they didn't include my potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Dinner OutRonGDined on 2/19/2014Took our out-of-town (NY) guest for a nice dinner out and we were not disapointed. The fireplace room is the best seating for a quiet table and good conversation. My wife and our guest enjoyed the cedar planked samon and I experimented with the special antelope. The food was very good and the service excellent. We have been to Savoy for special occasions before and will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in ABQabqmikeDined on 2/17/2014ABQ is just beginning to get a number of good restaurants. Savoy has been there for a number of years and consistently is among the best. Both the bar and dining room food is always good. The place looks special and that really makes the night more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good but theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014The food was good but the portions seemed meager for the price. Presentation was nice, I ordered their scallop and shrimp special for $30 and got two small shrimp and two medium scallops over some mashed potatoes, along with 3 wilted carrots. Really? For $30 bucks you could have added a extra shrimp or scallop to make seem like you are getting your money's worth. My husband ordered tenderloin medallions with wine sauce, again good,but only 5 small pieces of tenderloin.Special Features:
- Always Spot OnDrummerDined on 2/8/2014As always service and food was excellent which have made my wife and I regular customers. Never disappointed with specials and always a great find on the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cannot Go Wrong!JamonDuoDined on 2/3/2014Great place, superb food and mellow atmosphere. Food is super fresh and special requests are never a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinnerHappyDinerDined on 1/29/2014We celebrated my mother's 84th birthday at Savoy. The restaurant was elegant, the waiter was wonderful and very knowledgeable about the new menu. The food was excellent & well presented. The waiter brought birthday truffles with a candle at the end of the meal -- all in all, perfect for a birthday celebration.Special Features:
- Great food, and great varietyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014Their food selections are always tasty and well-prepared. We go to Savoy for special occasions, and are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014My dish, one of the nightly specials, was fantastic. My friend's filet, while cooked perfectly, was quite small. Neither of us are 200 pound monstrosities who normally eat at buffets, and even by our standards it was a meager portion.Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerGmanusmDined on 12/30/2013Everything was excellent...food, service, quality and atmosphere. The menu has something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas EveDanielBDined on 12/24/2013A very nice prie fix menu on Christmas eve and the staff worked with us on adjustments to make sure things were gluten free. Additionally once they realized we had questions about items on the menu containing gluten, they quickly realized that our first server was "overwhelmed" with a very large table and they switched the table to another server. She was very attentive to us and didn't miss a beat. Food wise the pancetta wrapped scallops were fantastic as well as the beef tenderloin. The pumpkin creme carmel is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointed by SavoyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/14/2013The food and service were disappointing. The appetizer was the chile relleno. Overall the appetizer had potential, but the chile was so overcooked that is practically disappeared and was virtually undetectable among the cheese inside. The entree was ravioli, and although it had a good taste, the pasta was undercooked and there were about a dozen whole cloves of garlic on the dish....overkill. Server was fair - but did not read the specials and seemed to be distracted. However, great cocktails.
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/14/2013I brought my out-of-town visitors here for dinner, and we all loved it. The food was prepared perfectly, and the service was excellent without being overbearing or stuffy. One of my favorite restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSteveDined on 12/6/2013Very generous servings and great tasting food! Service was slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NotableDrummerDined on 12/4/2013As always Savoy out does itself. My duck breast was perfect as was the calamari. My partner had the mussels appetizer which had an outstanding broth with the mussels perfectly cooked. For entree she had the vegetable and goat cheese ravioli with brasied pork belly which she loved. Wine list is extensive with plenty of good buys. Desert as always is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Concern about a snagOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2013Savoy is one of our favorite restaurants, But Tuesday night it fell short on our main course. The filet mignon was dry and lacking sauce a my wife's salmon was not up to previous standards. We will likely still go back because of great meals in the past, but we are concerned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointmentSkyKingDined on 11/2/20131st visit-weeknite was great. Last visit-Sat. nite-not so much. No prime rib, which was what we wanted. Disappointed with spotty service. Wish menu items were always available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.