Savory Square Bistro
32 Depot Square
Hampton, NH 03842Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Savory Square Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.savorysquarebistro.com/
- Phone: 6039262202
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Heidi 6039262202
A word from Savory Square Bistro
Bonjour! Located on NH's beautiful seacoast, The Bistro provides guests with a cozy and quaint dining experience. We have a small candlelit dining room and a separate room for the lounge which offers the full menu, has high tables, two TV's, a fireplace and a 14 seat bar. Relax and enjoy a fine multi-course meal in the dining room or pop into the bar for a beer and an appetizer...The Bistro's casual yet elegant atmosphere welcomes all who enjoy good food, good wine, and good times! Bon Appetit! Open Tuesday-Saturday. Dinner only. Reservations recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Savory Square Bistro - Best Restaurants in Hampton ›
Savory Square Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (47)fit for foodies (40)special occasion (30)romantic (29)vibrant bar scene (20)notable wine list (13)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)good for groups (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014Decent place tucked at the back of an odd but not unpleasant strip mall/village square. Service was good although it took several minutes for us to be greeted. Food was okay, but not great. More top grade catering school than gourmet. Wine very good. Lots of dishes were 'off the menu' leaving very little for meat eaters in our party. Enjoyable enough.Special Features:
- Great place to enjoyAllenDined on 10/23/2014Been there many toimes,continues to be a neighboerhood GEMSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy spot, French inspired foodCathyVIPDined on 10/17/2014Separate rooms for the bar (which has music) and dining. Good quality beef and lamb perfectly cooked with flavorful but not overly salted sauces. plentiful servings of vegetables with the entrees. Strange was the Caesar salad on the menu with all sorts of vegetables and no anchovies. I.e. Not a Caesar salad. They did bring me a salad with romaine, Parmesan and croutons but alas not an anchovy to be had. Very good service with a quiet and cozy atmosphere.Special Features:
- Savory Square BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Great atmosphere, great service, great food what more can you ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bar!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed a cocktail at the bar before dining. The Italian cheese board was wonderful and filling!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousfoodieDined on 10/11/2014It was a great find and the food was very good. The selections were impressive and inventive. Our choices were delicious from the crab appetizer to the main course. The service was excellent from the host Brian to our waitress. My smart phone had died and I could not bring up my coupon so I asked if there was a charger and Brian charged it and helped me connect to their Wi-Fi so I can redeem the coupon. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumLadyFromRyeDined on 10/11/2014The beef short ribs are delicious! The bread and garlicky dipping oil was also a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- savory squaremomtDined on 10/3/2014The food from appetizers through to dessert is wonderful...a little gem in Hampton..nice to see the chef chatting with guests..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertaining eveningluvgoodmusicDined on 9/27/2014Had a relaxing dinner in the lounge. The service was excellent. The menu allowed for a variety of choices all of which were intriguing. The scallops and the filet were chosen and were prepared perfectly. The lounge had great live music mixing a variety of selections ranging from the 40's to the 80's. Not too loud just about right to be able to converse well. Looking forward to returning to sample other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElizabethDined on 9/27/2014The new fall menu promises to be very exciting. Order the double pork chop only is you can eat 3 lbs of meat - the dish was very good but less would have been more.Special Features:
- Unexpected findHollmarkVIPDined on 9/24/2014Great meal from the caprese salad we shared , my husband ordered from the bar menu the meatloaf that was very tasty with tri colored carrots and yummy mashed potatoes , i had the pasta with salmon, excellent as well . We shared the strawberry shortcake with the homemade biscuit that was very moist and flavorful will Deffinetley return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AllenDined on 9/12/2014Excellent food and service,the reason to return againSpecial Features:
- PerfectKarandeDined on 9/10/2014A great night with friends... everything was perfect.Special Features:
- good food/atmospheresanfoodieDined on 8/28/2014The cocktails were fantastic, ambiance and table setting were very nice as well. Food was good. My only dissatisfaction was with the scallops, they were missing that good pan seat crust and I felt they were undercooked even after I sent them back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceBobGDined on 8/27/2014Food and service was outsdanding. Price reasonable except for very small ice tea. I was also charged for the second one l ordered. Atmosphere was ok. Food and service made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014The dining experience was fabulous! The food was amazing from the apps, salad to desserts. Everything was fresh , the presentation was wonderful. I throughly enjoyed the experience. I will be back very soon! The staff was attentive and the service was good. I loved this restaurant and will be back again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/13/2014Surprisingly good food here & an interesting, varied menu. Service was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsvtformeDined on 8/9/2014We dine here about once a month and have never had a bad meal. I love that they have "smaller" portions as an option. More restaurants should do the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely gem--Sdmill9Dined on 8/1/2014Great evening dinner! Nice atmosphere. Great specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatFoodieloverstimes2Dined on 7/29/2014We have been to the Savory Square Bistro several times and we've never been disappointed. The quality and presentation of the food is excellent and always delicious. The wait staff and hostess on our last visit were warm and welcoming and very accommodating. It is always a special treat and I look forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprisetonydDined on 7/24/2014Found this restaurant, buried at the back of a parking lot, by accident...a very pleasant surprise! Food provides imaginative twists on some favorites...everything was very fresh and delicious. Simple apps like caesar and caprrse salads were elevated to an art form. My wife had the zucchini linguini; I had the shrimp scampi...both were excellent, and the homemade desserts wete incredible. The people were attentive, with the chef delivering some dishes himself. We highly recommend this place for a special occasion or simple dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulKimberly22Dined on 7/18/2014We have dined here before, but this was the best. I ordered the seafood portofino and it was truly outstanding! My husband ordered the short ribs and loved them, but was very disappointed in the quantiity. He only received two - and he left the table still hungry. Two really isn't enough when ordering them. He gets them at other places and gets 4-5. Other than the quantity, everything was good.Special Features:
- trained Chef, ex hospitalityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Car next to me in the lot had an open beer in the console, decor inside was nice, manager who greeted us was pleasant, waitress was nice, knowledgeable, Lobster and wild mushroom app tasted good, but was way to creamy and heavy, suggestion would be less sauce. Filet was cooked perfect and truffle oil mash was great, wife's duck was ok, a little tough, sauce was good. Dessert was brought out by the Chef who reeked of fresh cigarette smoke! Creme brulee was not good, sugar topping was not done correctly and was chewy and not crisp. Overall I wish we went to a different place for our 16 wedding anniversary. Sorry to saySpecial Features:
- Fun Night WIth NeighborsKarandeDined on 7/17/2014Savory Square is our 'go to' local restaurant. Food and service are consistently fantastic. This week we dined in the Tavern and we had the added pleasure of young musician - who was great!Special Features:
- solidblueknightDined on 7/12/2014staff very attentive, food enjoyable, price reasonable considering qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in the middle of HamptonHamptondocDined on 7/12/2014In a non-descript building that used to house a local newspaper's offices is a bit of Europe-- dark wood, intimate seating, sparkling wine glasses, attentive waitstaff in black and white. The owner teaches cuisine and his commitment to "the dining experience" is clear in every detail. The menu covers the spectrum of food tastes. We had the duck breast and curried tilapia. The duck was perfect-- medium rare, tender and flavorful. Even though we were assured the fish was fresh, it seemed a bit mealy and bland although the sauce was good. The strawberry shortcake was the best I have ever had!... warm biscuits, minced fresh strawberries, strawberry sauce and just enough whipped cream.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceFoodieDined on 7/11/2014We were very happy with our experience at this restaurant. The food was exceptionally good. The portion size was ample. The atmosphere was delightful -- an intimate bistro size place. We ordered the tenderloin and shrimp combination and the seafood portofino. I would definitely come here whenever I am in Hampton and would wholeheartedly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeidiHeidiDined on 7/11/2014Hello, Our dinner experience @ Savory Square Bistro was fantastic! The staff, ambiance and of course the food was spectacular. Thank you so very much for making our "girls week-end away a memorable & tasty experience! We will be back and look forward to another great meal. Kind regards, HeidiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousfriendlyfoodyDined on 7/5/2014We found this place through restaurants.com. The food was spectacular and we tried things I had never tried before. I don't eat meat, and found plenty of options that suited my palate. My boyfriend and were still talking about how great dinner was the next day. I highly recommend!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2014The food was excellent. Service was great. Needs better quality control in terms of dishwashing- I had my spoon replaced twice because there was some gunk stuck onto the spoon and dried up on both replacements. Scallops were slightly saltier than expected, but texture was excellent. Overall the food's taste outweighed the spoon issue.Special Features:
- phatmanDined on 7/4/2014I look forward to the interesting menu items that are so carefully prepared. I got the duck which was cooked perfectly and the seasoning was excellent, just enough without overbearing the perfectly seared meat which was prepared exactly as ordered. My wife got the cedar plank salmon which she finished every last bite. The wine list is an interesting mix of well thought out selections that compliment the menu at reasonable prices. The owner personally greeted us and brought us to our table. It is a friendly comfortable atmosphere and all the staff are friendly, knowledgeable with just the right balance of attentiveness. I would recommend this to anyone who appreciates interesting, well prepared, quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Place was great for date night! Had excellent meal and wine list is great as well!Special Features:
- The following 140 reviews are from the Savory Square Bistro reviews archive.
- Good Night OutGoodNightOutDined on 6/28/2014We stumbled upon this restaurant and it was excellent. Both of us had the filet and they were cooked perfectly; medium for her and medium rare for me. Staff was well trained, courteous and friendly. You need to be aware that it is a small restaurant so reservations are a must. The building is set back off the street so it is easy to miss. The owners have erected some signs which does help. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElizabethDined on 6/27/2014The food is fabulous. Innovative combination of flavors and textures, well prepared and nicely presented. Service is friendly and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food ExperiencejandsouttoeatVIPDined on 6/27/2014This is a special place. You can have outstanding food at the high or lower cost end. We had a delicious salad with scallops, and a great tasting flatbread for around $30. They have a mid-week special of $50 for two three-course meals which we look forward to trying. The restaurant is a part of a French cooking school.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Affordable FrenchsmartdinerDined on 6/21/2014The seafood and fish were tasty and nicely prepared. Good value. The desserts were excellent specially the poached pear and the chief's version of chocolate smores. I feel, the "Citrus Salmon" could be extra special if Blood Orange was used. Best location -- in the old train depot with lots of cute shops and not far from " the Beach."Special Features:
- Excellent!!GueraDined on 6/21/2014The food was SO delicious!! Great service!! Loved the atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint,pricy but yummyBubbyDined on 6/20/2014As we were staying in a near by hotel, thought it would be fun to check out a great restaurant within walking distance. Even though the dining room is small, the tables were always full and there didn't seem to be any people waiting, despite it being a Fri pm @7. The host Brian was terrific, very out going, friendly with a great smile. Our server seemed new as she was a little unsure of a couple of our questions. She did fine but didn't seem as smooth as some of the other servers .The food was great, to start we had escargot,my husband ordered the steak with lobster scampi and I had fillet mignon portabella. With the exception of it being just a bit more expensive even with our $25 restaurant .com certificate than we thought, it was nice.Special Features:
- Delectable Dining ExperienceNoraDined on 6/14/2014I cant remember when I have had such a wonderful time. I highly recommend the Cheese Board and also try their Fresh Pea Risotto. The service was outstanding. The staff were genuinely friendly. Very refreshing experience.Special Features:
- Another wonderful experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014We visited on Friday night (6/13) and had Craig J. from start to finish everything was exceptional. We can't stop talking about Savory Square Bistro and we've recommended it to several people. We want to thank you for making each of our experiences so personal and amazing. From the atmosphere, to the service, to the food it's all wonderful! I also want to make a note at how much we appreciate the chef (Paul) taking a moment to come out to the dining area to visit and ask everyone how their meals are. Thank you, thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.