200 Spring Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.savorenyc.com/
- Phone: 2124311212
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11am - 2pm Saturday: 2pm - 12am Sunday: 11am - 10pm Monday - Wed 12pm - 11pm Thursday - Saturday 12pm - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mauro Mafrici
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full off-site catering available for all kinds of parties
- Entertainment: Only during parties
- Special Events: Monthly Wine Tasting Dinners and all major Holidays Menu
A word from Savore
What the critics say about Savore "The featherlight pasta should make any Tuscun proud especially when tossed with a fine wild boar ragu" Ruth Reichl NEW YORK TIMES "Savore has the palpable ring of a true trattoria and serves food most Americans never thought could taste so good until now - at least on this side of the Atlantic" John Mariani WINE SPECTATOR "I Have found further unenriched satisfaction with plainly grilled fish, lightly napped with white wine and lemon zest..." Andy Birsh GOURMET MAGAZINE "SOHO certainly claims its fair share of jam-packed eateries. Savore serves solid Northern Italian cooking, complemented by an excellent selection of wines. Savore Has been selected as a notable restaurant in its category and is recommended by MICHELIN's team of professional inspectors. "Savore is not just another Italian restaurant. Its menu is based on Florentine dishes from Renaissance, and the moment you walk in, you feel like in Florence" Maria Hodgson NEW YORK OBSERVERContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Savore reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (26)neighborhood gem (26)notable wine list (17)fit for foodies (16)romantic (16)special occasion (14)good for groups (12)great for lunch (11)late-night find (6)scenic view (6)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Love!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/14/2014This restaurant was phenomenal. From the outdoor seating, the impeccable wait staff, and the delicious wine; I recommend Savore to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last min. rehearsal dinnerlastminordealDined on 9/12/2014We were looking to schedule a last min. rehearsal dinner the night before our wedding. Paolo was so kind and accommodating for our whole family, including our young nieces and nephews. The food was amazing, and the service was outstanding. I would highly recommend Savore for large or small groups. Great food, great wine, great time. Thanks Paolo!Special Features:
- Savor SavorePimientaVIPDined on 9/1/2014Love to sit outside and watch the passing scene while enjoying very nice salads, pasta and wine. A perfect place to enjoy a warm afternoon.Special Features:
- Fabulous!NancyOTRVIPDined on 8/16/2014In 5 days we visited 7 of the most wonderful dining establishments in Soho. Savore was by far the best food, wine, service and feel. We were never rushed, our evening was leisurely and relaxed. The staff was amazing and absolutely dear. I will always go back to Savore! Pay them a visit; you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- msbettybooDined on 8/6/2014I have lived in Soho for over 24yrs..I think that Savore is one of the neighborhood gems..from the food,the wine list and the attention to detail.The service is superb..Looking forward to returning soon..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodcaliDined on 8/5/2014We and two other couples went there to celebrate my birthday. We have been there before and always found the food to be delicious! For a good Italian meal, I would certainly recommend Savore! Also, their prices are great for the portions. Their flatbread is the best that I've had and everyone raves about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014I have been coming to Savore for a couple of years and it is always a memorable dining experience. Recently we went with the group of 10 to celebrate my husband's birthday. The wait staff and the owner is always extremely accommodating and helpful at Savore. Regarding the food it is always the best. For the appetizer I had a one of my favorite grilled octopus with aioli sauce and my husband had lobster salad with asparagus and blood orange dressing. For my entree I had absolutely delicious lamb chops perfectly cooked and my husband had a half moon shaped agnolotti filled with goose in a truffle puree. Our friends who joined us for the birthday were so amazed with the food and happy that I helped them to find a new favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014What I love the most about Savore is consistency .The food , service and ambience is always great . Either you go with regular menu or restaurant week. On a summer night I was seating outside and enjoy lovely dinner along with the beauty and passing life on Spring St . What a night ... Couldn't be better . Couldn't ask for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014The location is perfect we were a party of 7 and was able to find on street parking which is a plus in the city. The food was Ok, the service left a little to be desired. A bit of a language barrier with the waiter and very slow service. The bread for the table was burnt I had to ask the waiter 3x for olive oil, twice for lemons for our water. The restaurant wasn't crowded so I felt that they should have been able to better accommodate our party. They ended up charging my credit card twice. Overall on a scale of 1-10 I would say a hard 5.Special Features:
- Lovely!AnnateresasDined on 8/3/2014I had the good fortune to visit Savore during Restaurant Week and so my three course meal was spectacular value! The waiter was very attentive and I felt at home and looked after despite visiting NY for a business trip and having to dine alone. The tiramisu was beautiful and I very much enjoyed watching bustling Soho go about it's business through their open facade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMichellekmccDined on 8/1/2014Went to this restaurant for restaurant week and had the best time. The service was excellent; so friendly and attentive. Food was excellent and a good variety for all people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic and quaintCellabellaDined on 7/29/2014This is a great authentic Italian experience. The ambience is casual enough, but still elegant since it's delicious Italian food and wine. The service was friendly and great. It's a neighborhood gem that I will definitely return to! No hassle, no wait, delicious food!Special Features:
- Nice, intimateLMRjerseygirl1Dined on 7/27/2014Our family went for our daughters 14th birthday. We enjoyed the experience of being in the city. I would recommend it as a good place for dinner for two, or a group when u can enjoy the wine. Portions a decent size, and stick to the menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014great food and service, I would recommend this spot for a lovely dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PainterDined on 7/25/2014The pasta was severly undercooked and the waiter was unresponsive to suggestions.Special Features:
- Super fast !2guysNYCDined on 7/23/2014Great food and the service was extremely fast. We all had our meals 10 minutes after we ordered!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Un resto Italien très recevantQuebecoisgourmantsDined on 7/21/2014Le service était vraiment très bon, on nous a traité au petits oignons. Par contre l'entrée de mozarella de buffala n'était pas très gouteuse et les tomates pas mûres. L'entrée de trois thons (carpacho, tartare et tataki) était très savoureuse. Les pâtes étaient honnêtes, sans plus. Le Tiramisu étaient vaut le détour. Bref, une agréable soirée pour l'ambiance terrasse et le service, mais le souper ne passera pas à l'histoire.Special Features:
- PastaOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/18/2014Close your eyes and imagine pasta that melts in your mouth ... need I say more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2014I have been coming to Savore for the past few years and it is always fantastic. Delicious food, great service and nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014I've been to Savore many times. Each time the food and the service is great and very consistent . I always have paperdelle pasta and Branzino . Just love those dishes... Of course for the desert I choose ring cake , hard cookie with cream and banana , absolutely out of this world. Our fabulous waiter Jaime makes us feel special each time and let us enjoy even more. Thanks Jaime and Savore restaurant to make my dinner very memorable experience .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but...GibaDined on 6/26/2014Good food, a little overpriced and unpleasant at the end because they include direct in the check/account 20% of service (after taxes) without asking you or having you the opportunity to evaluate the service. In my view they evaluate the profile of the client, if you are not American like my family.....This situation argues against the restaurant.
- Made my birthday a memorable one!artimitateslife13Dined on 6/13/2014I recently celebrated my 30th birthday and brought a group of 12 based on past reviews that suggested Savore as a great spot for groups. The table was ready for us as soon as we arrived and the staff were all attentive and helpful. All of the food and wine was tasty and brought out promptly. Though I wouldn't say it was the best Italian food I've ever had in New York (a lofty statement!) I did enjoy all that I ate and my friends did too. For the occasion it was a positive experience and made my night special!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/12/2014The servers had been very understanding and patient. Even though my reservation was for early in the evening, my friend (whom I had not seen in years) and I had been left alone just long enough so that we could play catch up. They had not overtly rush us out either, or else they were very good at it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 364 reviews are from the Savore reviews archive.
- Nice food, good serviceAlessioVIPDined on 5/14/2014I was happy with my dinner at Savore. They had nice food and the service was good.Special Features:
- Great timeneighborVIPDined on 5/11/2014Wonderful Italian food and wine, starting with the finest bread served in Manhattan. Every bite is delectable. And the desserts were incredible.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!JilandaDined on 5/3/2014The restaurant was recommended by a friend. Excellent food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Another Excellent Dining Experienceantiques1Dined on 4/28/2014I brought a friend to Savore today after I had a great dining experience a few weeks ago. The food was perfect. Really enjoyed the salmon and mussels with tomatoes. Light, fresh and delicious. Service is impeccable. Wait staff always available but never in your face. We were able to relax and enjoy a leisurely lunch without feeling rushed. Can't wait to return for another delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchgourmetgirlNYLAVIPDined on 4/25/2014It was a sunny day and they opened up the front of the restaurant letting fresh air and sunshine stream in. The bread is delicious, it was hard not to fill up on it. I had the pasta with mushrooms which was fantastic. Huge portions! I took half my lunch home and enjoyed it again for dinner. Great time.Special Features:
- Felt like ItalyWTimponeDined on 4/20/2014Four of us spend a late afternoon on Easter Sunday at Savore. It was a sunny, Spring day; we sat outside. The food was carefully prepared. It ranged from simply prepared, delicious artichokes, a wonderful grilled octopus salad to assorted pastas (light as a feather gnocchi, squid ink spaghetti, cheese ravioli) to Tuscan style steak and grilled sea food. All of it was tasty and well-prepared. Service was attentive and unobtrusive. We lingered for three hours without a hint of chagrin by the owners. It felt like a Tuscan Sunday. My guests are still gushing about the meal and the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable BirthdayMissMVIPDined on 4/17/2014Celebrate my birthday dinner. Food is excellent as always, great service with reasonable price. Must have Tagliolini, pasta dish.Special Features:
- Too bad it was so empty, ifCarouselVIPDined on 3/25/2014Too bad it was so empty, if more people knew of the food and service it would not be so empty.Special Features:
- Great location, service, and menu!albanylibDined on 3/22/2014We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Savore -- a lively spot in the Soho neighborhood. The seating is a bit tight (typical in the city), but the service was spot-on, the ambience classic, and the food scrumptious! I had the best salmon I have ever eaten. We look forward to enjoying another meal at Savore.Special Features:
- excellent foodfoodieVIPDined on 3/15/2014this is a truly authentic italian restaurant with excellent service. there are only a few tables, so the noise level is low.. servers are very informed on the items on the menu. food is really delicious--especially the octopus salad (polipetti) as a starter. will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAMILY DINNER FOR 10GIGIDined on 3/14/2014I MADE A RESERVATION HERE THROUGH OPEN TABLE TO ACCOMODATE 10 PEOPLE. I DID A LITTLE RESEARCH AND FIGURED SINCE ITS BEEN A STAPLE IN SOHO FOR MANY YEARS THEY MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT. THE ATMOSPHERE WAS A LITTLE DIM AND IT WAS SUPER LOUD BUT BESIDES THAT EVERYONE HAD A NICE TIME AND REALLY ENJOYED THE FOOD. THE CALAMARI WITH MIXED VEGGIES WAS A HIT AT THE TABLE AND I THOUGHT THE PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM APPETIZER WAS FANTASTIC. I GOT THE SPECIAL WHICH WAS A FILET OF SOLE, AND BEING A PESCATARAIN I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST OK BUT THE BRUSSEL SPROUT, SWEET POTATO MASH UNDERNEATH WAS REALLY GOOD. OVERALL IT WAS A GOOD ITALIAN RESTAURANT WITH TENTATIVE WAIT STAFF , AND REASONABLY PRICED FOR A BIG PARTY WITH LOTS OF FLOWING WINESpecial Features:
- great food but loud placeJjnycVIPDined on 3/7/2014booked for restaurant week for 6 of us. Everyone loved the food and wine. Service was efficient. It was a bit loud so it made it hard to hear someone at the table if they weren't next or across from you, but the food was good enough to justify going back. we had funSpecial Features:
- Great food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/6/2014Every appetizer, pasta and entree we had was great. The room and tables were a bit small for our large group of 10, but there wasn't any complaining when the food started coming. We will definitely be back, but probably with a smaller group next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine SpotDannyDined on 3/5/2014Went here for a date. Reasonably priced, very solid wine list if you're wise to such things. Fine choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never againPopcornDined on 3/4/2014Over priced and portion was way to small. I ordered the gnocchi which were very over cooked to the point were the gnocchi were almost a jam like consistency. Being that i am not a chef i cannot judge but being italian and haver lived in Italy for 6 yrs the overall understanding is that gnocchi are supposed to have some tenderness and crunch to them since they are potato based. The meat sauce was flavorless. My friend had a plate of chicken which for $38 i expect 1lb of meat but no there was only 2 chicken wings on the plate which barely had any meat on them. Chicken was cooked well and was the highlight of the meal. In total i spent $70, i would never come back nor would i recommends this location.
- Such a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2014I went to Savore on quiet Sunday night . From the moment I walked in, I was greeted and seated immediately . Savore even honor my request to have a quit table. The staff was very professional and polite. Even if I'm not a wine person , the waitstaff recommended some special cocktails which was just perfect . I had a new on the menu kale salad and the Mediterranean sea bass which was made to perfection. Thanks to the chef. My chocolate mousse was a perfect way to finish the dinner. It's a great feeling to know that places like Savore exist , and never disappoints. I highly recommend this great Italian restaurant. Thank you Savore for amazing experience . I will be back many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CiboCiboDined on 3/2/2014I was impress about the quality of food. Authentic Italian food. Where tomato taste as tomato. The pappardelle were perfect cook aldente.I really enjoy my bufala mozzarella with extra virgin oil and homemade Focaccia. I felt I was in Tuscany when I dipped the bread in the green-yellow color of extra virgin oil, sipping a glass of Montepulciano wine that the owner suggested me from the list. Perfect choice. A diner to rememberSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.