18 West Main Street
Somerville, NJ 08876Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.savornjrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 908-685-1975 x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Seven Days
Lunch: Monday- Sunday 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday- Sunday 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Offers On Premise Catering and Off Premise Delivery Packages Avaliable
A word from Savor Restaurant
Located in downtown Somerville, our Chefs create a menu that bursts with flavor and variety. We have over 100 seats within our two dining rooms and an additional 30 seats in our outdoor patio. (currently closed for the season) We also cater to private events both on and off premise for any occasion. We look forward to seeing you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Savor Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (6)neighborhood gem (6)great for lunch (6)good for groups (3)special occasion (1)fit for foodies (1)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- SavorSusanDined on 10/18/2014Consistently good food .have eaten there several times . Bread is bad served with butter packets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional As AlwaysRICJRDined on 9/19/2014I have been to Savor numerous times now for both lunch and dinner. I enjoy the fact that this restaurant is consistently good overall whenever I go there. This past time I enjoyed sitting outside in there patio. It is normally hard to get a seat in the patio area, however, lucky there was a seat available. For starters, I had the crab cake app and then the fettuccine with sausage. I really enjoyed their homemade pasta, which was something new I choose this time around. Overall, a great place for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful lunchKarenDDined on 9/19/2014After hearing good reviews about Savor I decided to try for lunch with a friend. We enjoyed our lunch, eggplant stack was a nice app to share and salads were fresh and healthy choices. Bernie was an excellent server. Upon leaving we took dinner menus and plan to go back to Savor soon for dinner.Special Features:
- Delicious and great for first date.Fox1Dined on 9/16/2014The food and ambiance met all expectations. We started off with oysters that were big and tender, shrimp cocktail was chilled and fresh. My veal entree was spectacular and she raved about the scallops. Capocinos and creme brelle were a great way to finish. Really delicious. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RICHVIPDined on 8/25/2014enjoyed their food samples at a food tasting and was looking foward to dining there. was not disappointed. apps and main course were delicious. only negative- sat by open front entrance which was nice, but noise from traffic was distraction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good!nysmindDined on 7/10/2014Have been to Savor three times ... twice for lunch and once for dinner. Each time the food has been wonderful and the restaurant staff friendly & attentive. And it's a BYOB which keeps the tab very reasonable.Special Features:
- The following 44 reviews are from the Savor Restaurant reviews archive.
- Average fare in average spaceGeorgiapeach1974Dined on 5/31/2014DH and I dined here hoping for a neighborhood gem but weren't wowed. The restaurant seems to lack identity. Is it a steak and seafood place? Is it a trattoria? Why does it look like the restaurant side of a pizzeria and then have strange, modern city-scape art? Salads were uninspired; dressings and croutons seemed boxed or bottled. Steak and veal were nicely cooked but then oversauced, which lent them a stewy quality. Veggies were fresh and perfectly cooked. House-made apple walnut cheesecake was the highlight. Service was efficient, polite, and unobtrusive. Overall, Savor felt very average. Nothing was wrong, but nothing made us say WOW either.
- DinearoundVIPDined on 5/27/2014Very good. Not crowded so service was good and noise level low. Food entrees were very good, especially the eggplant appetizer and the scallops.Special Features:
- Definitely recommendableGoodeaterVIPDined on 5/25/2014From what we saw, everything -even the chicken tenders for our young niece - was freshly prepared in house. We ordered sandwiches, the ingredients were higher quality and tasty. They can modify the menus for kids. There are so many restaurants in this town, but I would def come back to Savor!Special Features:
- Nice local spotGeorgeGDined on 5/11/2014Went to Savor for Mothers Day Dinner, the service was great, not overbearing. The fried Calamari appetizer was good. There were 3 of us, we ordered, the NY Strip, Parmesean Crusted Chicken & Lobster Ravioli. Only gave the food 4 stars, as I ordered the steak medium well, was more medium. I like meat well done, I've had occassion(not at Savor) where I order a well done steak and hear responses like "the chef's not going to like that", so at a better place, I ask for medium well. It wasn't mooing, but undercooked for me(and I don't like sending food back). The Chicken & Ravioli dishes were very good. The capuccino's and deserts were very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, relaxing diningEHBranchburgVIPDined on 4/27/2014Excellent, relaxing dining at Somerville Center - great seafood as well as lamb. BYOB makes it a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencelocaldinerDined on 4/26/2014I have dined at Savor in the past and had a good experience but my most recent visit was truly great. It was a beautiful day outside and the 2 hostesses were so amazing in accommodating our group. They were beyond friendly and made sure we had a seat in the sun! When it got cold outside they were so helpful in getting us an indoor seat. Our designated server was busy so another server helped him out - Jose. Food was great and we were able to relax for a few hours. My out of town friends were very impressed and would love to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good MealcharlieoDined on 4/20/2014We started zucchini stuffed with crab, it was very good. The zucchini was crisp, the crab was tasty and the butter sauce was a great finish. I had the Veal Chop, it was cooked perfectly, as were the vegetables. I would have liked less sauce on the chop, next time I would ask for it on the side. My friend had the lamb, again perfectly cooked. I wouldn't hesitate to come back.Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerdevinegrantDined on 4/19/2014My husband and I ate at Savor for the first time on Sat. April 19th. The food was excellent. I had the rack of lamb and he had the fish special, flounder stuffed with crabmeat. The entire meal was great even the vegetables, simple and cooked just right. We really enjoyed sharing the mussels as an appetizer. Service was very good and the atmosphere very nice. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SavorGrouponDinnerVIPDined on 3/19/2014Best meal of the week! There were four of us dining and we all loved everything that we ordered. Salad with apples & goat cheese was wonderful, crisp, fresh, tasty and generous. Scallops were prepared perfectly, lamb was fabulous and prepared to order, not overdone. Even the chicken sorentino was excellent. All portions were generous and included vegetables that were fresh & bright, not overcooked as you often get. Desserts are made on site and the carmel-apple cake, was cheesecake like and yummy. BYOB and out door dining will make Savor a favorite in the spring.Special Features:
- Our Favorite Restaurant!RICJRDined on 2/28/2014I have been to Savor a few times now and have yet to be disappointed. Love everything about this restaurant. This past visit my wife had the Atlantic Salmon and I tried the Bone in Ribeye and we both enjoyed the meals. I would recommend saving room for the tiramisu and caramel apple cheesecake. All of the desserts they make right on premise which is a nice touch. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Place In Somerville!lezliejDined on 2/26/2014Savor is a great place for a nice relaxing dinner. Love the atmosphere! The flame heaters outside are a nice addition to the restaurant. My server was very friendly and knowledgeable. The menu has a lot of variety and the prices are reasonable for the high quality of food, so it fits everyone. The mixed green salad and the Mahi Mahi Special were delicious choices. I will definitely return with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2014The food was so good and the staff was kind and attentive. All four of us enjoyed our meals and the appetizers. It's a byob so better yet. Try for a fun night out or a relaxing Sunday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy quietly elegant and very tastyCaddycatDined on 2/22/2014A good choice for a special occasion or a lovely dinner. Our service was personal, the food was done perfectly. We recommend the club steak which was tender and done perfectly. The vegetable accompaniments were not overdone retained their flavor. At first we were hesitant of trying the eggplant appetizer, but after our server explained how it was put together we here very happy that we got it. It was divine. It was too cold for the outside dining, but I'll bet it would be a nice dinner to have outside on a beautiful day. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodFabulousDined on 2/21/2014I have been to Savor on about 4 occasions and everything was wonderful every time. My husband and i went when the weather was warmer and sat outside, everyone was out and about, there was a band playing for some type of outing on Division street, the Atmosphere was perfect. I also went on two occasions for girls night out and everyone in the group had a blast. Absolutely no complaints from anyone. It is a BYOB and the great thing is there are two liquor stores in walking distance. i highly recommend Savor.Special Features:
- good overalllocaldinerDined on 2/14/2014wanted to try something new for V-day - overall good place to dine.Ii was expecting a bit more sophistication and quality considering some of the prices of main dishes but the food was good. I did not like that the sides were the exact same for the filet and pork chop - needs more variety but both were cooked to perfection. service was great and our server was very knowledgeable. I would come back to Savor for a more casual night experience versus a special occasion. Love the BYOB aspect. I would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable and deliciouslovetodineVIPDined on 1/25/2014We had an enjoyable dinner here saturday night with another couple. Two of us had the salmon special which was a unique preparation for me - a salmon rolatini stuffed with crab meat. It was light and delicious. The wait staff is very accommodating and we had a delicious meal and a good time. We will return often.Special Features:
- Excellent as always, triedemunoz128Dined on 1/18/2014Excellent as always, tried something new and it didn't disappoint, which will make choosing next time all the more difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!!!Luv2EatDined on 1/11/2014We went to this restaurant because it was owned by the same family member of another restaurant we used to go to. The food was outstanding. You did not even need a knife to cut the steak, that is how tender it was. BYO which is also a plus! Great atmosphere and great people! OUTSTANDING SERVICE!!!!! A+++++++++++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Training new serverSteveDVIPDined on 1/10/2014Or server was in training and couldn't remember what was on the menu and didn't even speak English very well. Not impressed with the service. Luckily, the person training him took over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was fine, but a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/10/2014The food was fine, but a little bland - we had the gnocchi primavera, which was in desperate need of salt, and the lobster ravioli, which tasted like it came out of a bag. Given the level of service and decor, we expected the quality of food to be better - as it was, it was about the same level of a mid-tier chain restaurant.
- Gem in SomervilleTom123Dined on 12/20/2013Outstanding food and service. Relaxed, warm and friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If they only had good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/9/2013New and very pricey restaurant. Have the nerve to charge $18+ for some appetizers! Expensive, would not mind if the food was good. Unfortunately cannot say that about the new Savor. Needs to step it up if they want to succeed.
- Disappointedlee4352Dined on 11/8/2013Basically, it's diner food. The ambiance is good... in this case, misleading. When the waiter described one of the appetizer specials as having certain ingredients and "... other stuff", I became suspicious. Many dishes on the menu come with mashed potatoes, another sign that this restaurant wasn't going to serve high- quality cuisine. It was a fun night, because of friends that had accompanied us, but not one person commented on the food... yet another sign!
- The food was outstanding,emunoz128Dined on 11/2/2013The food was outstanding, we've been there twice since it's opening and we have not been disappointed. We brought friends with us this time and the food was enjoyed by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scampi's to SavorameliasgrandmaVIPDined on 11/1/2013The menu was varied, leaning to seafood, as you would expect from an incarnation of Scampi's, but there were also beef, chicken, and lamb selections. The server was very flexible, and offered different sauce choices when i questioned the ingredients in one variety. Food was tasty, and not overcooked, as is sometimes this concern with fish. All in all, a good choice.Special Features:
- SavorsBanditDined on 10/31/2013They will soon be getting a local wine license but you can BYO we were told anytime. I would make reservations do to the limited amount of tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savor in Somerville.wineanddineVIPDined on 10/26/2013Frequently disappointed by the promises offered by certain Somerville restaurants, I was very satisfied with my dinner here. The food was very satifying (the mushroom ravioli, while not made in house, was from a very good source I was told). The mussels, as a starter, were also a good choice. I think 3 1/2 to 4 stars on the food. The setting is a little plain, but the service is attentive and very friendly. I would recommend them to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WAITER ASKED FOR OUR ORDERkarlVIPDined on 10/25/2013WAITER ASKED FOR OUR ORDER AFTER VIEWING MENUE FOR 2 MINUTES. ASKED HIM TO RETURN IN A FEW MINUTES. 20 MINUTES LATER HE RETURNED. BOTH COURSES DROPED OFF, NEVER ASKED IF WE NEEDED ANYTHING ELSE, NEVER STOPPED BY TO ASK HOW OUR FOOD WAS. NEEDLESS TO SAY WE AVOIDED DESERT AND WILL AVOID THIS PLACE.
- Great PlaceRyanDined on 10/17/2013I came with my girlfriend and I and we went to celebrate her 25th birthday. We arrived and were seated right away. The server was very friendly. We ordered the bacon wrapped scallops for the appetizer and it was delicious. For the entree I ordered the flat iron steak, and my girlfriend got the stuffed chicken I was very pleased. The only reason is why this place did not get a perfect rating was because, I booked my reservation through Open Table, and mentioned it was my girlfriends 25th birthday. So i ordered the dessert willing to pay the 8$ just so they would sing to her. They did not. The person who brought the food just plopped it down, and I was a little upset. Moments later the table next to us starting singing happy birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service from Kris. FoodOxfordgalDined on 10/16/2013Great service from Kris. Food came to the table hot and well presented. A wonderful meal.Special Features:
- First time at SavorPollyDined on 10/12/2013Our party of seven was pleased with the appetizers and our entrees and appreciated the wait staff giving us complimentary desserts and coffee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bright Spot in DiningHPFrankDined on 10/1/2013My wife and I enjoyed an excellent lunch. The appitizers and entres were well made and absolutely delicious. Their bread basket contains olive rolls that are to die for. In addition to containing nice fresh greens, my Mixed Greens Salad was full of other great ingredients. My wife's Artichoke Francaise appitizer was both creative and tasty. My Mushroom Ravioli entre had loads of mushrooms and was fantastic. My wife very much enjoyed her Fish and Chips. They do not skimp of the ingredients in this restaurant. Service is attentive, friendly and professional. The atmosphere is nice. The don't have a liquor license but I understand you can bring your own (we did not). We will definitly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savor the bestCaroleDined on 9/28/2013The ambience indoors is warm, the wait staff is very attentive. We enjoyed a mixed salad, fried calamari and stuffed chicken breasts. Portions were excellent and prices are reasonable for a good meal. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceAmy30VIPDined on 9/27/2013Very nice place, good food not great, very nice outdoor seating, very nice staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.