2 Chase Road
Scarsdale, NY 10583Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.savonarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (914) 798-0550
- Hours of Operation:
April to Labor Day
Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Andrew Masciangelo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private dining for up to 30 guests can be arranged in our private dining room. We are prepared to tailor an event considering every detail. Contact Brittany at 914 798 0550
A word from Savona
SAVONA, SCARSDALE is the second location of ZAGAT Top 5 Italian Restaurant, SAVONA, in Philadelphia. Consistent, creative, high quality dining and seamlessly orchestrated service has been the hallmark of SAVONA's success for 15 years. Now, Executive Chef, Andrew Masciangelo, and Chef de Cuisine, David White, offer their soulful regional Italian cooking here in Westchester, New York. Their farm to table philosophy involves handling products as few times as possible to capture the natural flavor intensity of each ingredient. Culinary excellence is supported by a killer wine program featuring an extensive array of wines by the glass created by Fred Dex, Master Sommelier. A 20 foot white marble bar, sexy lighting, dramatic drapery, contemporary leather chairs and thick butcher block tables set the stage for high quality dining. We look forward to welcoming you to SAVONA.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Savona reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (52)fit for foodies (46)great for outdoor dining (24)special occasion (21)hot spot (20)notable wine list (17)romantic (16)vibrant bar scene (14)good for groups (12)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (8)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/13/2014food is 3.5 stars. Entree & dessert portions were on the small side although appetizer portions were right. Priced high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Restaurant for a GNOscvwestchesterDined on 11/12/2014My friends and I tried Savona for the first time for restaurant week. The butternut soup was good and the artichokes were decent for apps. The braised short rib was quite good (Celery puree excellent). The salmon was good but the fennel was just average. The highlight was the delicious pumpkin panna cotta dessert. The brownie was good but not spectacular. Service was very friendly but slow. We waited quite a while for our appetizers although the restaurant was quite busy. The entre and dessert was served in a more timely fashion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nene071188Dined on 11/12/2014The food was great. our server was super attentive. no complaints. the only thing i would say was it was cold , i believe the ac was on. thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner With FriendsBayman72Dined on 11/11/2014Savona is fairly close to home, and we ate there with friends for the first time on Tuesday evening. The entire staff was warm and welcoming, well versed in the menu, and eager to help. As a bonus, it turned out that wine by the bottle priced under $100 was half price! The food was innovative and quite tasty. Portions were adequate. Dessert - apple sorbet - was my favorite. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2014The food was very good. The martinis were not too expensive. The polenta was out of this world deliciousSpecial Features:
- DisappointedalexbellVIPDined on 11/10/2014I really expected to like this restaurant but was very disappointed. The soup was warm not hot. Probably would have been very good at the proper temperature. Salmon was warm and accompanying grains were cold. Dessert was the right temperature but nothing to talk about. Didn't send food back; just won't go back again.
- Innovative menuJunebugDined on 11/5/2014Excellent food, great service, pleasant atmosphere disrupted by odd music choices at a touch too high a volume.Special Features:
- Recommend for Japanese guy !!GOTOMegDined on 10/31/2014I know this restaulant is not "for family use", but I really appreciate accepting us including 1 kid and 1 baby ! I love their food and wine. I am a Japanese and I think all of their food suits for Japanese people, too. Their wine list includes a lots of American wines and worth trying :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableMomma1Dined on 10/17/2014We've ordered take away from this restaurant before. Dining in was enjoyable. Our waiter was well informed and attentive. The food was very good, with generous portioning. The artichoke heart appetizer is delish!!! Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot Spot but it"s NotMikeDined on 10/11/2014One would think this trendy restaurant served extraordinary food in an exceptional setting. It is expensive and loud with an unaginative menue consisting of very orinary food. Save your money. There are better choices.Special Features:
- Lucky findJeffDined on 10/11/2014We were looking for a place to eat near the highway on our way up to New. England. Savona fit the bill with respect to location and proved to be a fine restaurant. It's hard to gauge the good quality because we just had an hors d'oevre and a spcialty pizza, but what we had was excellent. Great bread! Mae would have liked the music to be a little quieter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scarsdale restaurantGourmuttsDined on 10/10/2014We were seated promptly. The food was wonderful, from appetizer through desserts. The only drawback was the amount of time we had to wait for our wine. The wine list, although extensive, had very few bottles for under $50.00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly PleasedMagpie55Dined on 10/5/2014We Dined at Savona Sunday night to celebrate a special occasion. The staff was efficient, and friendly. They made us feel as though we were the only guests in the restaurant. (very impressed with the service). While everything was delicious, I especially recommend the striped bass. delicately seasoned and cooked to perfection. The restaurant was fully occupied but not noisy. We may have just hit it right with a quieter crowd. Very relaxed and comfortable. All in all we had a very delightful experience and will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedWoodieVIPDined on 9/24/2014Had dinner Wednesday night. Place was half empty. Given that, would have expected better service. Asked waiter for wine suggestions, and he didn't have any, surprising since they tout their wines. Then had to pour our own wine during the meal. Sounds a little elitist, but I think good service includes the waiter coming over to check our glasses to see if we need more wine or water. Food was okay. Ordered the branzino, a part of which tasted like it was burned. The big plus is that it's local and you can get a decent meal. Have eaten here several times before. Will probably come back. Hope the disappointing service is not the norm now.
- Lisa MLadyLisa99Dined on 9/23/2014Ate at Savona several times and found the food to be very fresh and consistent. I highly recommend it to anyone. Also has a great embiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great atmosphereWestchesterFoodieDined on 9/23/2014We were there on a Tuesday, so they were doing "Il Laboratorio". This is where you can try the potential new fall menu items and give feedback. I tried what was their play on mac and cheese, with torchio pasta and crab. It was delicious! I hope to see this on the fall menu. I also had the new butternut squash soup; it did not fail to impress. I also tried one of their new cocktails: Cucumber Cooler. It was so light and fresh, served with fresh rosemary. Although I did not opt for wine, I was told that Tuesday they have a promotion for 50% off bottles of wine less than $100. Definitely keeping that to remember. Overall I would highly recommend this adorable neighborhood spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!TheSuit1Dined on 9/22/2014I've been here at least 25 times, always great fresh food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scarsdale StapleFan4calVIPDined on 9/19/2014We are glad Savona has opened and been well received by Scarsdale residents. It isn't always easy to get a table here. We are pleased with the pasta entrees and the good wine selection. We do think the pasta portions have shrunk since they first opened. The short rib portion was fine though the sweet potato shavings or curly fries were not crisp. My wife's shrimp pasta was not big enough or had little pasta for some reason, ditto the spaghetti with meatballs. Pizza was fine as was the Malbec. Service was fine and attentive. Let's see what happens next time.Special Features:
- ScarsdaleeaterVIPDined on 9/12/2014Food great but service poor. First They gave us some other tables food. Then when our food came, one of the plates was not how it was ordered and without the right side dish. Meal took forever to come. The the open table check that we used was applied to the wrong credit card.
- Savona(Rola)AndyMorseVIPDined on 9/6/2014We felt like the gentleman above...locked in a box...but an outrageously noisy box. Yet the food was just marvelous and the bartender/waiter knowledgeable and gracious. A woman who was attractively poured into a tight fitting alluring dress easily won the guest screaming contest..and was a close second in the most vapid while opinionated tournament! In a way my wife and I enjoyed it very much..we had just seen a marvelous new Woody Allen and the contrast of dialogues made the film seem better than it was..BTW try the fried artichoke starter..mouthwatering..but I think we'll go back!Special Features:
- Not BadRoccoVIPDined on 8/14/2014Over all not bad, very nice menu and choices. The only thing I can say is we asked to make sure the shrimp would not be over cooked AND IT WAS.. Still would give this another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- freddiVIPDined on 8/9/2014we had terrific food and terrific service.Such a nice experience in the burbs.We shared a lot and no one was made to feel uncomfortable doing that.Special Features:
- Great restaurantMela914VIPDined on 8/1/2014This was the second time my husband and I went there. I had previously been w my sister and a bunch of friends. The food is consistently good. I highly recommend the vegetable antipasti. Grilled to perfection and just the right amount of flavor. My husband actually ate the asparagus and he hates asparagus! I also really love the beef short ribs. Amazing flavor and the meat just falls apart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good service.jessDined on 7/30/2014Limited but good menu; limited wine list by the glass, wonderful service. Would go back, but not too soon, giving the menu a chance to change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice neighborhood placeGrouchoVIPDined on 7/26/2014We have been here twice now and enjoyed both visits. The service is warm and friendly. The ambience is relaxing and cool. They are helpful with menu advice. They bar makes a mean dirty martini! Overall I like the menu, there are enough choices that I won't get bored quickly, and lots of lighter options. The pork chop is to die for! My only complaint is that on a very busy Friday night it was so loud, conversation was a struggle. Service did keep up though.Special Features:
- Does Not DisappointLisaDined on 7/24/2014Have been to Savona many times - girl's night out, a date with my Husband and as a family. Like the ambiance/decor and they have a nice bar if you want to just have a few drinks. The menu keeps some favorites as well as makes changes for variety/interest. All around good choice and a welcome addition to Scarsdale Village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 176 reviews are from the Savona reviews archive.
- Outside only!AlwaysVIPDined on 7/18/2014Food pretty good - go during week. Small portions. Sit near window if inside.
- Wonderful dinner close to homeborn4shopDined on 7/18/2014I was pleasantly surprised at how this great place existed in Scardale and I hadn't been there before. The menu was creative and we ordered an assortment of different things and shared them all so we could taste more. Especially liked the veal ricotta meatballs and the risotto. My daughter noted how good the servers were and quick to return to see if we needed anything. Very chic decor. Will definately go back! Only hope I can get a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!FabULousDined on 7/13/2014We celebrated our small wedding luncheon here a year ago and have been going back ever since! We love the food, the ambiance and general atmosphere. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodcircusblossomVIPDined on 7/10/2014My husband and I frequent Savona on our "date nights." The food band wine list are both very good, the service is attentive without being over bearing and the atmosphere is very relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hard to get a reservationlkf172VIPDined on 7/3/2014i can never get a reservation at savona on a saturday night, so luckily, i was able to go on a thursday. although my husband and i had a reservation for 2, we decided to sit at the bar and eat dinner there. the bar is great, very big, comfortable and spacious. they were very attentive. the food was so fresh and delicious, we commented that we hope to have italian food this good when we are in italy in a few weeks! thank you to the bartender for the complimentary port! i will go back when i can, if i can get a reservation on a saturday night!
- Favorite Local Dining SpotCheeseFanDined on 6/5/2014Savona never disappoints. The food and service are outstanding. The menu changes constantly, without it being a wholesale turnover of the menu. Some favorites are always there (fried artichokes, cheese plate, salmon with white beans) while the crostini and other items change. The chef likes to play with seasonal vegetables and this often manifests in the specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...for a priceZamnycVIPDined on 6/5/2014Savona serves excellent food in an upscale ambience on a busy corner at the edge of Scarsdale's charming village. There is outdoor seating and a neighborhood feeling, but the prices are high for what it is ($30 for a slab of red snapper, $20 for a plate of pasta). Our waiter was affable but inexperienced, enthusiastic and eager to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeLaneyVIPDined on 6/2/2014Perfect restaurant. The food is delicious. Haven't tasted anything I don't like. Especially good is anything with quinoa or faro. The chicken is soooo good as are the short ribs and salmon. Try anything. Wait staff is very accommodating & professional. I like the ambience and now that the weather is nice you can sit outside. We will continue to dine at the really good local restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner at SavonaHollyVIPDined on 6/1/2014Had a great dinner with my husband; sat outside on a lovely night. Ordered the octopus, good; shared a spaghetti pasta with meatballs, outstanding. Next time I will order this for myself. Then we shared Swordfish over asparagus, terrific. Then dessert of 2 gelato sandwiches, really good. He got nutella and I vanilla type. By the time we finished, even sharing, we were stuffed. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- special occasionSageDined on 5/29/2014The perfect place for a quiet elegant Birthday celebration .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food but slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/25/2014The last couple of times we've been to Savona the service has been really, really slow. They take our order and the food from the kitchen takes longer than usual. Happy when the tasty food arrives but not happy with the long wait.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014Our college graduation celebration could not have been better. Courtesy, expertise, pleasure, imagination, service made for an unforgettable evening for a family. Highlights Bressler cab, cavatelli, radish ravioli, farrotto....Sicilian vino dolce. Impeccable and we received perfect attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperianceDinoVIPDined on 5/21/2014Another wonderful spur of the moment dinning experience at Savona. Great staff, great food and great scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedGlobaltrotterVIPDined on 5/17/2014Savona used to be one of our favorites. We went regularly since Day One. We brought friends for the great food and extensive wine list. We returned after the long winter, we were totally disappointed. The menu is identical but the quality has declined substantially. The short rib was tender but tasteless - my boy pushed it aside. My farrotto with clams and escarole was bland with 6 tiny pieces of clams in it. My husband pasta was bland with little sauce. It is ashamed that they cut corner as it's a nice place to start. We notice the manager and the servers are all new. When we shared our disappointment, they were very polite and reduced our cheque by 50%. Unfortunately we will not go back again.