2 Chase Road
Scarsdale, NY 10583Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.savonarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9147980550x
- Hours of Operation:
April to Labor Day
Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Andrew Masciangelo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private dining for up to 30 guests can be arranged in our private dining room. We are prepared to tailor an event considering every detail. Contact Brittany at 914 798 0550
A word from Savona
SAVONA, SCARSDALE is the second location of ZAGAT Top 5 Italian Restaurant, SAVONA, in Philadelphia. Consistent, creative, high quality dining and seamlessly orchestrated service has been the hallmark of SAVONA's success for 15 years. Now, Executive Chef, Andrew Masciangelo, and Chef de Cuisine, David White, offer their soulful regional Italian cooking here in Westchester, New York. Their farm to table philosophy involves handling products as few times as possible to capture the natural flavor intensity of each ingredient. Culinary excellence is supported by a killer wine program featuring an extensive array of wines by the glass created by Fred Dex, Master Sommelier. A 20 foot white marble bar, sexy lighting, dramatic drapery, contemporary leather chairs and thick butcher block tables set the stage for high quality dining. We look forward to welcoming you to SAVONA.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Savona - Best Restaurants in Scarsdale ›
Savona reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)great for outdoor dining (35)fit for foodies (30)special occasion (24)hot spot (16)notable wine list (16)vibrant bar scene (14)romantic (14)kid-friendly (11)good for groups (10)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (6)late-night find (6)Show More
- ScarsdaleeaterVIPDined on 9/12/2014Food great but service poor. First They gave us some other tables food. Then when our food came, one of the plates was not how it was ordered and without the right side dish. Meal took forever to come. The the open table check that we used was applied to the wrong credit card.
- Savona(Rola)AndyMorseVIPDined on 9/6/2014We felt like the gentleman above...locked in a box...but an outrageously noisy box. Yet the food was just marvelous and the bartender/waiter knowledgeable and gracious. A woman who was attractively poured into a tight fitting alluring dress easily won the guest screaming contest..and was a close second in the most vapid while opinionated tournament! In a way my wife and I enjoyed it very much..we had just seen a marvelous new Woody Allen and the contrast of dialogues made the film seem better than it was..BTW try the fried artichoke starter..mouthwatering..but I think we'll go back!Special Features:
- Not BadRoccoVIPDined on 8/14/2014Over all not bad, very nice menu and choices. The only thing I can say is we asked to make sure the shrimp would not be over cooked AND IT WAS.. Still would give this another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- freddiVIPDined on 8/9/2014we had terrific food and terrific service.Such a nice experience in the burbs.We shared a lot and no one was made to feel uncomfortable doing that.Special Features:
- Great restaurantMela914VIPDined on 8/1/2014This was the second time my husband and I went there. I had previously been w my sister and a bunch of friends. The food is consistently good. I highly recommend the vegetable antipasti. Grilled to perfection and just the right amount of flavor. My husband actually ate the asparagus and he hates asparagus! I also really love the beef short ribs. Amazing flavor and the meat just falls apart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good service.jessDined on 7/30/2014Limited but good menu; limited wine list by the glass, wonderful service. Would go back, but not too soon, giving the menu a chance to change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice neighborhood placeGrouchoVIPDined on 7/26/2014We have been here twice now and enjoyed both visits. The service is warm and friendly. The ambience is relaxing and cool. They are helpful with menu advice. They bar makes a mean dirty martini! Overall I like the menu, there are enough choices that I won't get bored quickly, and lots of lighter options. The pork chop is to die for! My only complaint is that on a very busy Friday night it was so loud, conversation was a struggle. Service did keep up though.Special Features:
- Does Not DisappointLisaDined on 7/24/2014Have been to Savona many times - girl's night out, a date with my Husband and as a family. Like the ambiance/decor and they have a nice bar if you want to just have a few drinks. The menu keeps some favorites as well as makes changes for variety/interest. All around good choice and a welcome addition to Scarsdale Village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside only!AlwaysVIPDined on 7/18/2014Food pretty good - go during week. Small portions. Sit near window if inside.
- Wonderful dinner close to homeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/18/2014I was pleasantly surprised at how this great place existed in Scardale and I hadn't been there before. The menu was creative and we ordered an assortment of different things and shared them all so we could taste more. Especially liked the veal ricotta meatballs and the risotto. My daughter noted how good the servers were and quick to return to see if we needed anything. Very chic decor. Will definately go back! Only hope I can get a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!FabULousDined on 7/13/2014We celebrated our small wedding luncheon here a year ago and have been going back ever since! We love the food, the ambiance and general atmosphere. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodcircusblossomVIPDined on 7/10/2014My husband and I frequent Savona on our "date nights." The food band wine list are both very good, the service is attentive without being over bearing and the atmosphere is very relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hard to get a reservationlkf172VIPDined on 7/3/2014i can never get a reservation at savona on a saturday night, so luckily, i was able to go on a thursday. although my husband and i had a reservation for 2, we decided to sit at the bar and eat dinner there. the bar is great, very big, comfortable and spacious. they were very attentive. the food was so fresh and delicious, we commented that we hope to have italian food this good when we are in italy in a few weeks! thank you to the bartender for the complimentary port! i will go back when i can, if i can get a reservation on a saturday night!
- Favorite Local Dining SpotCheeseFanDined on 6/5/2014Savona never disappoints. The food and service are outstanding. The menu changes constantly, without it being a wholesale turnover of the menu. Some favorites are always there (fried artichokes, cheese plate, salmon with white beans) while the crostini and other items change. The chef likes to play with seasonal vegetables and this often manifests in the specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...for a priceZamnycDined on 6/5/2014Savona serves excellent food in an upscale ambience on a busy corner at the edge of Scarsdale's charming village. There is outdoor seating and a neighborhood feeling, but the prices are high for what it is ($30 for a slab of red snapper, $20 for a plate of pasta). Our waiter was affable but inexperienced, enthusiastic and eager to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeLaneyVIPDined on 6/2/2014Perfect restaurant. The food is delicious. Haven't tasted anything I don't like. Especially good is anything with quinoa or faro. The chicken is soooo good as are the short ribs and salmon. Try anything. Wait staff is very accommodating & professional. I like the ambience and now that the weather is nice you can sit outside. We will continue to dine at the really good local restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner at SavonaHollyVIPDined on 6/1/2014Had a great dinner with my husband; sat outside on a lovely night. Ordered the octopus, good; shared a spaghetti pasta with meatballs, outstanding. Next time I will order this for myself. Then we shared Swordfish over asparagus, terrific. Then dessert of 2 gelato sandwiches, really good. He got nutella and I vanilla type. By the time we finished, even sharing, we were stuffed. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- special occasionSageDined on 5/29/2014The perfect place for a quiet elegant Birthday celebration .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food but slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/25/2014The last couple of times we've been to Savona the service has been really, really slow. They take our order and the food from the kitchen takes longer than usual. Happy when the tasty food arrives but not happy with the long wait.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014Our college graduation celebration could not have been better. Courtesy, expertise, pleasure, imagination, service made for an unforgettable evening for a family. Highlights Bressler cab, cavatelli, radish ravioli, farrotto....Sicilian vino dolce. Impeccable and we received perfect attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperianceDinoDined on 5/21/2014Another wonderful spur of the moment dinning experience at Savona. Great staff, great food and great scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 163 reviews are from the Savona reviews archive.
- DisappointedGlobaltrotterVIPDined on 5/17/2014Savona used to be one of our favorites. We went regularly since Day One. We brought friends for the great food and extensive wine list. We returned after the long winter, we were totally disappointed. The menu is identical but the quality has declined substantially. The short rib was tender but tasteless - my boy pushed it aside. My farrotto with clams and escarole was bland with 6 tiny pieces of clams in it. My husband pasta was bland with little sauce. It is ashamed that they cut corner as it's a nice place to start. We notice the manager and the servers are all new. When we shared our disappointment, they were very polite and reduced our cheque by 50%. Unfortunately we will not go back again.
- Food/ambiencesalmonidDined on 5/15/2014My filet mignon was very good. However, my wife had a NY Strip steak and it was terrible -- tough and tasteless. We did not send the meal back as that always sets into motion all kinds of other issues -- foremost of which is not eating with the rest of your party. Although the restaurant is visually very nice, we were unecessarily seated looking at a brick wall for the entire meal. There were other tables more centrally located throughout the restaurant available so it was a mystery to me that we were relegated to the most unpleasant table. Meals were overpriced relative to other similar restaurants in the general area. As restaurant fanatics, we do have a grasp of restaurants and value. The service was very good.
- Disappointing MealnyretiredgalVIPDined on 5/15/2014We've been to Savona many many times and have had good experiences. This time however, we were very disappointed and won't be back for a very long time if ever. My fish portion was maybe 4 oz and the price was ridiculous. My husbands steak was extremely tough. The service was spotty and the tables so close we heard every word of the annoying conversation next to us.
- Traveling FoodieJSW228VIPDined on 5/14/2014I live in Manhattan and actually left my Island and came to Westchester for this restaurant. I tried it once before and was impressed. Not so this time. First surprising fact was that there was no champagne available. I wanted a glass to start the meal but there was only Prosecco or Rose available as a light bubbly beverage. The appetizer was dry and bland and dinner was good but not impressive. I don't even remember what I had and it was a week ago. Not worth a trip but if you're in the area and know what to order you'll have a nice meal. Don't rely on waiter recommendations. The restaurant is very pretty and service is cordial.Special Features:
- Good sometimesMcdcathyDined on 5/11/2014Our experience this Mothers Day was just okay. The veal was tough & fatty. Even though we made two servers aware of this & my plate was full when it was taken away, it was still on the bill. We had to sit outside because they were fully "booked". Every table was empty. My dining companions all had pasta & enjoyed it. We have always had pleasant dining experiences here, so I think they were just having an off day. However, stick to the basics like pizza & pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2014I had a great business lunch at Savona. The dining room was quiet and the staff was attentive. I will definitely keep this place in mind for all of my future business lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food...bar service not so goodFrequentdiner123VIPDined on 5/2/2014Our overall experience was good however while we waited for a table it took us OVER 10 minutes to get a drink at the bar. The bartender thought it was more important to polish glasses than take care of customers. This set a bad tone for the rest of the night! Thank goodness for a manager who was on the ball and came over to ask us for a drink! Food was very good though... Hopefully the bar service will improve!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good- but beware of prucingBigsamDined on 5/1/2014Overall a good sining experience. Prices in website menu in accurately reflect actual prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too saltyWCFoodieDined on 4/26/2014I had the salmon and it was too salty to even eat! I've notice on several occasions that the food is over salted. It doesn't make me want to go running backSpecial Features:
- Get your staff in orderBellaDined on 4/24/2014After a misunderstanding about the number in our party, the hostess finally took our order. Our waitress never bothered to come over and find out if a fourth was going to show. How long we would be sitting there if i didn't summon the hostess??? Our assigned waitress started our evening, my birthday, by telling us things constantly change at the restaurant so don't hold her responsible if we can get what we're asking for. So unpolished and not supportive at all of her EMPLOYER. Throughout our meal we maybe saw her once or twice more. She was surly and totally unattentive. Never came over to ask how the food was, never offered a second glass of wine. WOW did not expect this from Savonna.Special Features:
- Good BUT....TappanTravelerVIPDined on 4/24/2014To start with, all parking is on street and metered. Good news is that if you luck out, the meters go off at 6:00 PM and you can load them for three hours if you come early (bring a few $$$ in quarters). Restaurant is essentially one big store. Seated immediately, I had to request a table change because the front door was wide open and a cool breeze blew through. Went back as far as I could. Our server was terrific and her back-ups attentive. She was helpful and gave excellent guidance. Menu items are truly creative and unique. If you go, treat yourself to one of their unique appetizers or soups. Now comes the BUT...expensive with a capital "E". Four people in my party $297+ without tip. A unique experience for me but unlikely to return.Special Features:
- overpriced for the qualityEatnOut63Dined on 4/10/2014overpriced for the quality of food, although they have terrific deserts
- A great place. The food, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/9/2014A great place. The food, service and ambience are all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedHBWBDined on 4/8/2014The restaurant was fairly empty. The service deteriorated drastically throughout the meal. The waiter disappear rarer after we oredered. The appetizers were quick but the entrees took forever. The waiter took ten minutes to offer us cheese for our pasta. The check took forever as well. We had to search for the awaited many times as he never checked on us. The food was mediocre at best. The sausage pasta had very little taste.Special Features:
- Food was solid. Love the pastaSlimDined on 4/6/2014Food was solid. Love the pasta and the gelato dessert w/ espresso.Special Features:
- Better and Better....MarjoVIPDined on 4/4/2014My husband and I have been enjoying the food at Savona since it opened. The food--and warm, lively atmosphere--have always been a delight. Our recent dinner there with friends was no exception. Fabulous appetizers, pizzas, pastas, main courses, desserts ...and a terrific wine list will keep us coming back for more. Top-notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- has a good vibe ..service fairapplepieDined on 4/1/2014good local spot; busy bar; not attentive service; would go back because it is convenientSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If onlymicheleVIPDined on 4/1/2014If only the Chicken under a brick was not so good. Then I would try other things. But, I can't seem to manage it.
- True ScarsdaleFoodieDined on 3/31/2014The food was excellent. Great wine choices. Prices of menu were exorbitant. Classic Scarsdale attitude in charging such prices. Not kid friendly at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.