Savoie French Italian Eatery
2015 Birch Rd. Suite 720
Chula Vista, CA 91915Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Savoie French Italian Eatery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.savoieeatery.com/
- Phone: (619) 591-5747
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, French
- Executive Chef: Ricardo Macias
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Room seats up to Thirty Guest.
- Entertainment: Live Music Friday Saturday
A word from Savoie French Italian Eatery
Welcome to the first and only French and Italian eatery in Chula Vista.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Savoie French Italian Eatery - Best Restaurants in Chula Vista ›
Savoie French Italian Eatery reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (29)good for groups (27)special occasion (23)romantic (20)neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (15)late-night find (15)notable wine list (13)vibrant bar scene (13)great for lunch (13)hot spot (10)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- excellentpanchonniDined on 11/8/2014We celebrate mi sister birthday and was a great celebrate, excellent service, food , wine. I recommend at 100% Thanks SAVOIE!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great service!4ladiesndadDined on 10/24/2014Went with my family for my wife's birthday. Courteous wait staff seafood good and cucumber martini was savory!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Identity ConfusionSDMomDined on 10/12/2014Wish to give them a great review - they are trying. The space is large with a decor I can't understand, (both a potted succulent [nice] and cheap flower vase [dumb] on same table, white animal heads on the walls, but pretty french serving platters as decor on flat surfaces.) The seating was very comfortable. Sunday night was nearly empty but not quiet. The music for evenings is a disturbing loud bass driven techno sound we hear at a Gaslamp club or bar - not a french restaurant on a Sunday night. The wait staff were learning their jobs, and are not yet comfortable or confident, but are earnest. The chef is the pro on sight - roasted meats are top shelf and perfectly cooked. Sides were very good. Overall, it was at odds with itself.
- Tasteful Addition To EastlakeRobertDined on 10/10/2014For a community severely LACKING in dining options, Savoie is a welcomed addition to the community. This is the quality of restaurant that you would normally find in the Gas Lamp, or La Jolla. If you enjoy upscale dining, like a good atmosphere, and appreciate good food, than Savoie is perfect for you. The best thing is no more do we have to drive into the city to get decent fine dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot for dinningKSisnerosVIPDined on 9/27/2014This place was awesome. The service by Salvador was awesome. He never let our cups go empty. My only complaint was the brussel sports weren't cooked long enough, but the risotto and the ribeye were amazing.Special Features:
- Savoie with pumpkinjillianhDined on 8/31/2014This is the 4th time we came here. The ambiance is welcoming. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing restaurant and foodieFinestVIPDined on 8/29/2014I had a great time at this restaurant, ask for Hazza is a great server, he is a greatSpecial Features:
- Better & BetterbigmattVIPDined on 8/29/2014My lady & I have been dining here ever since their opening. Every time we go, it has improved in some facet. The menu and wine list has expanded in choice and quality. Mario is responsive to critique and suggestions offered. Waiter Peter has been with us since the outset and he too is attentive to our needs. Nothing but positives. It is by far the best restaurant and venue in Chula Vista and surrounding environs!! (prices are reasonable) If you haven't tried it by now, you should!! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diner114Dined on 8/14/2014it is my new favorite place....love the service the food and the ambiance is perfectSpecial Features:
- Good AtmosphereetLyannaVIPDined on 8/8/2014the atmosphere was great, the decor was rustic but still classy. the menu is not that complicated, which is great. the roast duck and lamb lollipop were great. we came on a friday night so the service is a little slow. will definitely go back and recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Great for special occacionFinestVIPDined on 8/1/2014Best place at Otay Ranch for a romantic date !! Great music, food and servicesSpecial Features:
- The following 17 reviews are from the Savoie French Italian Eatery reviews archive.
- Great ServiceCynpaVIPDined on 7/13/2014Sunday afternoon is the perfect time to go. They weren't very busy and the entire staff was attentive to us. Our waiter Michael made some great food recommendations, and dessert was delicious. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerchas980VIPDined on 7/6/2014My wife and I ate here Sunday night and it was delightful. Large portions though, we didn't finish either the salmon or the duck pasta. They were both very good. Service was very attentive. We defintely will be back.Special Features:
- Our dinnerArandaDined on 7/3/2014It was 3 of us and had 4 drinks (vodka) each also mussols fried calamari and gazpacho, mussels were very fishi smelling, calamari was good and gazpacho meat very thick, bad service and check came for stunning 302 dollars Extremely expensive for such a poor food and service qualitySpecial Features:
- Hope it improvesEatAlohaDined on 5/23/2014Wanted experience to be great, but it was only good. Pricey for actual quality of food. Willing to give it another try down the road.Special Features:
- Eli29Dined on 5/11/2014Restaurant is beautiful decorated !!! ..... Food was good especially the pasta with duck. The server did need some training, food was brought out not in a timely manner. Kept forgetting some items. Not knowledgeable with the food, did not know what Sear Ahi tuna was? .... I believe there is better service at the Lounge Bar area.Special Features:
- Loved it!hulajhomDined on 5/10/2014So wonderful to have this delicious restaurant in my neighborhood! Absolutely loved the food, the ambience, the whole setting! Made me feel like I was on vacation somewhere -- not just minutes from my home! Definitely will be coming back here!Special Features:
- Family friendly with elegance.PaleoLvrDined on 4/23/2014Great atmoshpere, food is really good. Even when my appetizer came out a little cold, the waiter didn't try to have the kitchen re-heat it. He brought me a new one and one "to go." Great for a business meeting with a client, and perfect for a classy, upbeat date with out breaking the bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savory SavoieAbbyDined on 4/19/2014Great food, service and atmosphere. Menu is varied and portions are generous. Excellent service. Friendly staff. Never felt rushed. Was a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet Mignon a winnerBobLVIPDined on 4/16/2014The Filet Mignon served on a Portobello mushroom and topped with a reduction sauce is excellent. The Short Rib Lasagna had only a few traces of Short Rib which was very disappointing but otherwise was tasty.Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/27/2014Our second visit to Savoie...both times our food has been outstanding...Veal Milanese and a Veal Chop...both cooked exactly as ordered. The service, while attentive, was a a little leisurely for our taste, but that's a minor comment. Highly recommended...we'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service and overpricedMarthaDined on 3/23/2014Service was very slow. Our dinner order was taken after appetizer got to our table. I ordered the Diane steak dinner and my husband ordered the seafood stuffed Sole. My steak was sent back as it was cold. I requested to have sauce on the side because it had no flavor. When they served me again it was hot but they ignored my request of having sauce on the side and none on the meat. The table behind us asked the waiter for advice on a fish enter or the steak Diane and he responded that he could not recommend as one was fish and the other was meat entre. Any restaurant staff knows better. Their quality of staff, food and service did not meet the overpriced food they have on their menu. I was really looking forward to going now I never will.
- Tasty!Judie1170VIPDined on 3/17/2014Reasonably priced and delicious entrees. Service was a bit "slow" but friendly. We will definitely be back to try the other entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Start, a Few Kinks to Work OutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2014This was our first vivit to Savoie, and we were favorably impressed. Our party of six arrived on time for an 8:00 PM reservation and was seated promptly; our server was very courteous and attentive. Entrees that stood out were the ribeye steak (cooked perfectly medium-rare) and the Steak Diane. Sides of asparagus were HUGE (largest asparagus stalks I've ever seen!). Savoie is off to a good start and we would definitely return, but there are a few service kinks to work out...specifically, our appetizr, salads and entrees all arrived and were served at exactly the same time (a timing issue that needs a little more attention). The other comment is that the music, while lively, was way too loud for a restaurant (not a bar!). Minor comments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceTesla2014VIPDined on 3/14/2014Great place horrible service. We asked for a high chair and booster chair at least 10 times. They promised to find something but ultimately did not follow up. When we reminded them after we had completed dinner they simply applogized and left. Would probably say that this is not a kid friendly place at the end of the day. Also the have a significant count of staff but it is unclear what they are all doing. It appears there is a lot of confusion and redundancy with limited to no outcomes for the customer.
- This was our 2nd visit toJoeMac27VIPDined on 3/7/2014This was our 2nd visit to this new restaurant and they are still figuring things out. While we find the food is generally very good - and a little different, which is nice - they remain inconsistent. For example, the carpaccio is outstanding, nice and thin, but this time it had way too much lemon. Their meatballs are MASSIVE and very tasty, but a touch dry this time through. And the staff is still very green; everyone's very nice and eager to please, but they seem a tad nervous and uncertain and our impression remains that not many of them have worked in a restaurant before. We will continue to try Savoie, as the area desperately needs another dining option, and we'll hope they get their feet under them sooner rather than later.Special Features:
- Give It A Chance!!!bigmattVIPDined on 2/22/2014This restaurant opened about three weeks, dined here for a second time. Service much improved. Swordfish very good once again, veal chop, not so good. For veal, I was expecting much more tender meat. When first served, was not hot enough so sent it back and then it was fine. Caesar salad disappointing since they are supposed to be following the original TJ receipe. Need better bread offering rather than an American bun. Mgr Mario promised better bread is coming. Wine list has been increased, but still more to be added. Wine prices reasonable. A review elsewhere by another diner criticized a $64 entree as too expensive an item. Did not note that entree is a 28 oz ribeye FOR TWO!!!!!Special Features:
- Beautiful decorationdmmlDined on 2/16/2014The restaurant has only been open one week so you can tell it’s a little disorganized but they really made a effort to accommodate and provided great service, it was a large party of 12 and food came out at different times, no wine list they brought a handwritten list with no prices, the ambience is very special looks like a fairytale, the place has great potential once they get better organized, the food is good, the white pizza, the lobster cannolli and lobster bisque very good as well, their polenta not good at allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.