168 West Crescent Ave
Allendale, NJ 07401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.savininj.com/
- Phone: (201) 760-3700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 1:00pm - 9:00pm,
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Tuscany and Chianti Rooms can hold private events of up to 100 guests. Both feature state-of-the art audio and visual equipment with WiFi for guests use. Every type of event from small celebrations, rehearsal dinners and corporate events can be easily accommodated.
A word from Savini
Awarded 3 Stars "EXCELLENT," by The Bergen Record - 9/23/11. Voted "BEST OF BERGEN 2008" by (201) Magazine - February 2008. Savini is a Sophisticated, Award Winning, Northern Italian/Continental Restaurant. Considered one of the most attractive restaurants in Bergen County, food is served at Savini in what was once a colonial home. What remains of the original only contributes to the aesthetics. But it is a positive culinary experience that diners seek and that is what they get at Savini. It excels in the three most significant barometers of a restaurant's health: Food, Service and Atmosphere. The cuisine is Northern Italian/Continental. Specialties cover the gamut – a selection of fresh fish delivered daily, homemade pasta, veal, chicken, steaks and chops. Enjoy coffee, and after-dinner drink and perhaps late night music in the lounge. Our cuisine and menu will please the most discerning palate and is both distinctive and unique.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Savini reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (88)neighborhood gem (72)fit for foodies (60)good for groups (54)romantic (38)notable wine list (24)great for lunch (19)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Jess lGiant1Dined on 11/21/2014Alway can count on a good meal here and they will always look to please even changing recipes to your wishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch for 7caroleDined on 11/17/2014Seven women met there for lunch during the week. The food was delicious, the service was perfect, They gave us a nice round table - a perfect place for lunch. I'll have to try it for dinner, but I'm sure it will be excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyabledinnerwithfriendsDined on 11/13/2014Always reliable...friendly, comfortable, delicious, professional just a few of the words that come to mind when describing Savini. The dining room is perfect! Warm and inviting, whether for two or twelve. The food and service are consistently top notch. Friends come OUT of the city to meet us at Savini...it's no wonder this restaurant has enjoyed such a well-deserved reputation as one of NJ's best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- redskinsDined on 11/8/2014My favorite restaurant in the northeast and Im from DelawareSpecial Features:
- Best italian around bergen areaChrissyDined on 11/7/2014Love the place food and staff great rest everytime is perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/3/2014We had been to Savini in the past and it was always a good experience. We went to celebrate our 30th Anniversary. Our waiter was less then cordial. He seemed disinterested and cold. As far as our dinners dish was good but my husbands veal was tough. Needless to say we were disappointed. It will be awhile before we return.
- ImprovedBrennaDined on 11/3/2014Haven't been to Savini for about one year. Huge improvement since the last time. Food was delicious, wait staff very attentive and friendly. Would recommend to anyone to give it a try you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great Meal!!!ByrdVIPDined on 11/2/2014The service was outstanding and the meal was fantastic. The only draw back is the parking. You have no choice but to use their valet parking. Besides that, it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentJustjessnjoyVIPDined on 10/31/2014Every time we dine here we have excellent service, food and atmosphere...Special Features:
- Thursday NightJoniBeeVIPDined on 10/30/2014Savini is far from home, but when we are in the area it has been our restaurant of choice. We have always been pleased with the service and food. This Thursday night was different. Service was very good as always, but the food was not up to par. Caesar salad did not seem fresh and the Bronzino looked like an appetizer instead of an entrée. The Bronzino tasted as if it had been frozen, and was pricey for its size - not what we expected from Savini. Since our previous meals were very good, I'll chalk this one up as an off night and maybe give them another try the next time I'm in the area. Also the Budweiser born on date was from June...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great in every wayRobertDined on 10/26/2014We dine at Savini whenever we want to mark a special occasion, or to spoil ourselves. The food is delightful. As important to us is how welcome and comfortable we are made to feel.Special Features:
- PatmacDined on 10/26/2014A lovely setting, delicious food and overall a very pleasant experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDee711222Dined on 10/25/2014We celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary dinner at the restaurant. Everything from the appetizers to the entree were excellently prepared and very delicious. The restaurant atmosphere also is very relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CalmingTytymomDined on 10/25/2014With a calming atmosphere this restaurant is perfect for parents who need to get away from the constant noise of their children. Set in a very quiet dining room so I'm not sure about a group night out here but for an anniversary dinner or date night it's just perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steady and goodprm8VIPDined on 10/24/2014This place always meets our expectations. Sully the main person knows us by name and our desired location to sit. He comes and sits with us and shares a good recemmnedation. This place never faulters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2014I have been to this place many times and it is always a great experienceSpecial Features:
- RediscoveredQueenDined on 10/22/2014Ate here a few times and I had good experiences but was always side tracked on business functions. I went this time with my husband and a friend and had time to really enjoy the place. Best rigatoni Bolognese that I've ever had. The wait staff was friendly, knowledgeable and went above and beyond. I am looking forward to a return trip!Special Features:
- You should try Savini!LarryEatsVIPDined on 10/15/2014Without reservation [no pun intended] this has got to be the best of the best in Bergen County! But don't take my word for it. Try it and see-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DoonyDined on 10/11/2014Enjoyed the food and the service but the tables for two are too close together.. ... A woman sitting next to us was literally staring at us while we trying to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as usualPhilipVIPDined on 10/10/2014On Thursday I made a Friday reservation for one person (and Friday is always very busy). I requested a table with good light for me to read my newspaper. As usual, Savini accommodated my request and I had a long and relaxing dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerDined on 10/8/2014Food, service, cordiality, marvelous as always. I am never disappointed when I eat there. Always have a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb family Sunday mealguidoDined on 10/5/2014The food is always excellent and the service is superb. It is the perfect place for a late afternoon Sunday meal. We were there with our children and their grandparents and were there for over 2 hrs without ever feeling rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ConsistantLove2eatDined on 10/2/2014Savini is a wonderful neighborhood gem, the food is always great, the service outstanding & the atmosphere & decor are enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentPhilipVIPDined on 10/1/2014We have dined at Savini numerous times. Atmosphere/décor, service and food are consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningNYNYDined on 10/1/2014If you are looking for a restaurant that represents quality, fine dining and good service- it's Savini's From the moment the valet takes your car till you leave you are treated with respect, served a very nice meal by an attentive, friendly and professional staff. Always enjoy going there.Special Features:
- Always delivers...HardtopleaseDined on 9/28/2014Each time we've been to Savini's we've had a wonderful dinner. The food is prepared and presented well. The service excellent. I like to go there for special occasions because it definitely feels special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Wait staff is excellent, attentive and professional in their service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CozyDined on 9/25/2014Wonderful atmosphere, and amazing pasta. Thanks for always making our experience amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at SaviniGratefulDinerDined on 9/22/2014My boyfriend travels a lot and eats out constantly. For his birthday I wanted to chose a restaurant that would meet/exceed his expectations. We were not disappointed - Dinner, Wine, Atmosphere and Service were all outstanding. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014We had a lovely dining experience and the décor of the place is lovely too. The staff was excellent- from the hostess who sat us down to the waiters and bus boys. Manager was also extremely professional and gentile. We celebrated a birthday and the birthday acknowledgement at the top of the menu was very clever and a nice touch. Also, how nice of the Manager to offer an after drink to all of us at our table. Very impressive. The food was absolutely delicious. We had a lovely dining experience and will definitely go back for dinner. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant Dining ExperienceRonnieDined on 9/19/2014The food here and the service are excellent. The wine list is quite limited, but they have a full bar if people prefer mixed drinks. It is a good choice for a special occasionSpecial Features:
- Excellent All AroundPhilipVIPDined on 9/18/2014Food was very good, service excellent, ambiance excellent.Special Features:
- Terrific as usual!JoeWDined on 9/17/2014Enjoyed a great meal celebrating our daughter's birthday several days ago. The food is always great and the service attentive. Savini's has been a local go-to for many years now which is a testament to their focus on quality all around.Special Features:
- Great food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Enjoyed my business lunch meeting and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFoodieDined on 9/15/2014Great place ... great food and wonderful atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDisappointingVIPDined on 9/14/2014Have been eating here for many years. Savini's food has always been consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/14/2014Planned a Birthday Party for my Mom's 90th and her little sister's 88th. Made to feel special from the moment we arrived. Great service, fresh seafood, excellent Entrees, wide selection of notable wines at reasonable prices. Warm, cozy decor. THANKS Savini!Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The atmosphere and the service was impeccable and the food is always delicious and fantastic.Special Features:
- Always AmazingtsmscmaDined on 9/10/2014Another great meal at Savini's. The Florida Snapper Special was outstanding and the Filet with Gorgonzola was as well. The crab and lobster on avocado appetizer was excellent and so fresh; it was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a fantastic experienceSueHHIDined on 9/9/2014Savini is simply one of the best Italian restaurants in New Jersey. The food is always superb and the menu has more choices than you could ever need. The staff is amazing! Professional and friendly and they make everyone who walks through their doors feel like a "regular." This is now my family's go-to restaurant for special occasions. Simply the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.