168 West Crescent Ave
Allendale, NJ 07401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.savininj.com/
- Phone: 201-760-3700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 1:00pm - 9:00pm,
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Tuscany and Chianti Rooms can hold private events of up to 100 guests. Both feature state-of-the art audio and visual equipment with WiFi for guests use. Every type of event from small celebrations, rehearsal dinners and corporate events can be easily accommodated.
A word from Savini
Awarded 3 Stars "EXCELLENT," by The Bergen Record - 9/23/11. Voted "BEST OF BERGEN 2008" by (201) Magazine - February 2008. Savini is a Sophisticated, Award Winning, Northern Italian/Continental Restaurant. Considered one of the most attractive restaurants in Bergen County, food is served at Savini in what was once a colonial home. What remains of the original only contributes to the aesthetics. But it is a positive culinary experience that diners seek and that is what they get at Savini. It excels in the three most significant barometers of a restaurant's health: Food, Service and Atmosphere. The cuisine is Northern Italian/Continental. Specialties cover the gamut – a selection of fresh fish delivered daily, homemade pasta, veal, chicken, steaks and chops. Enjoy coffee, and after-dinner drink and perhaps late night music in the lounge. Our cuisine and menu will please the most discerning palate and is both distinctive and unique.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Savini reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (80)neighborhood gem (61)fit for foodies (40)romantic (38)good for groups (38)notable wine list (21)vibrant bar scene (20)great for lunch (18)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The atmosphere and the service was impeccable and the food is always delicious and fantastic.Special Features:
- Always AmazingtsmscmaDined on 9/10/2014Another great meal at Savini's. The Florida Snapper Special was outstanding and the Filet with Gorgonzola was as well. The crab and lobster on avocado appetizer was excellent and so fresh; it was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a fantastic experienceSueHHIDined on 9/9/2014Savini is simply one of the best Italian restaurants in New Jersey. The food is always superb and the menu has more choices than you could ever need. The staff is amazing! Professional and friendly and they make everyone who walks through their doors feel like a "regular." This is now my family's go-to restaurant for special occasions. Simply the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnermeredithDined on 9/8/2014The food and wait staff were very good. The bar was loud and a woman who drank too much unfortunately began wandering into the dining room to accuse an elderly woman of criticizing her outfit. Other than that, it was a nice night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Picky71Dined on 9/7/2014Service and food has never disappointed us. One of our favoritesSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable as always!!PhilipVIPDined on 9/7/2014We have been to Savini many, many times. The atmosphere and service were excellent. The food was, for the first time for us, "OK", but clearly an aberration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciouspittypieVIPDined on 9/6/2014A wonderful restaurant in my neighborhood. Food is always delicious, service is always on point. We came for my birthday and were not disappointed. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Awesome Drive-byKGD113Dined on 8/29/2014I wanted to take my father out for his 83rd Birthday. I made an online reservation that was so We were immediately greeted and seated promptly. The staff was extremely patient and repeated the menu countless times until my Dad who is hard of hearing heard all of the specials. The food was prepared perfectly. The managed came over and introduced himself asking if we were enjoying our meal. I mentioned that it was my fathers birthday and how I found the restaurant. The manager returned to the table with the special menu that read "Happy Birthday Roy" my dads name. Needless to say this gesture made my dads day. I will return to this excellent restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is top-notch.TitoDined on 8/27/2014Food is always solid. Price point is slightly more affordable than comparable fine dining restaurants in the area, but the service is really what makes this place special. Went for a bday and they printed us special menus, did the whole bday dessert show, etc. Maître d' was always dropping by to make sure everything was up to par, seating was comfortable, etc.Special Features:
- FantasticPamdDined on 8/23/2014We've have family events at Savini with over 100mpeople, and just recently dinner for two. It's always great, no matter want the event!Special Features:
- ExcellentDisappointingVIPDined on 8/22/2014Consistently wonderful! Extraordinary specials and excellent staples on menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Absolute Best!LFalkVIPDined on 8/22/2014Savini is definitely the BEST restaurant in Bergen County by far! The food is always excellent and the service is top notch! You have to love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spotKittyDined on 8/21/2014We came for kid's birthdays and they created special menus for them, were attentive to food allergies and made our family feel like welcome regulars! Appetizers were excellent, some entrees better than others but the mood, service and experience is above average so great local spot! We would return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/20/2014The food is excellent and service is to match. We ordered the Red Snapper and the Veal Filet Mignon medallions. Both did not disappoint. Loved the peach and arugula salad with its terrific dressing. Chocolate mousse cake dessert and cappuccino and a nice Tuscan Red ended a memorable evening. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to all.Special Features:
- Great serviceDaveDined on 8/15/2014Service was wonderful. Our needs were met without our needing to ask. Wait staff was attentive and not intrusive. Waiter's wine recommendation was great. Peach melba for dessert was a real treat. Look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinnerluv2eatoutDined on 8/10/2014The restaurant staff is very accommodating and thoughtful. Menu's were printed with the Birthday girls names on them. Very nice touch. The food was not especially good. Overpriced and mediocre. I ordered a special with lobster which was overcooked. My husband ordered a lamb special that was nicely done. A shrimp dish & chicken picata were average. Filet mignon was cooked as ordered and enjoyed. All in all for the price I expect more.Special Features:
- TastewithclassDined on 8/10/2014Great food nice atmosphere service friendly and knowledgeable . Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet mignon inferior quality.DonaldDined on 8/7/2014The filet mignon was of inferior quality. Tasted bland, so may have been previously frozen, or imported like from Australia. Also was served under cooked, although it was sent back and fixed. Manager apologized and gave us complimentary dessert which was appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatpjhartDined on 8/7/2014Always a fantastic meal, great service and a terrific atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as always!!!PhilipVIPDined on 8/6/2014My wife and I have dined at Savini numerous times, and we are never disappointed. Food, service are ambiance are excellent!!Special Features:
- A fine restaurantMannyVIPDined on 7/27/2014I have been to Savini several times for different occasions. The total dining experience is wonderful. Ambiance, food and service is the best. Never had a bad experience or problem here.Special Features:
- Nice Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/26/2014We dined here recently on a Saturday night for dinner. The place was busy and almost all the tables were filled (a good sign!). This restaurant has a nice atmosphere and service is very professional and friendly. The prices are reasonable, a huge menu to choose from with specials, and you get nice sized portions. I was surprised they didn't desserts listed on a "menu", instead the maitre d came to the table and read them off. But overall, it was a nice dining experience and would go back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014There was a table of 10 people having a meeting. They were very loud and annoying.Special Features:
- Savini's is the bestseasideDined on 7/23/2014I always enjoy the wait staff and the food. Go there as often as I can - although quite a hike from Wayne, where I liveSpecial Features:
- Diane14Dined on 7/19/2014Tables for two are too close May be better if you are dining with four peopleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DetorreDined on 7/18/2014Had a small group for dinner for the bride to be. After eating we sat at the table talking and the wait staff was more than patient with us. We never felt rushed even though it was a Friday might during dinner time.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure, even with kidsCarolADined on 7/14/2014As Allendale residents, we come here occasionally, for dinner as well as drinks at the bar. The wait staff is very pleasant and well trained. They treat kids well, and don't make the parents feel as if children are not welcomed. The food is always excellent - this time I ordered an appetizer (eggplant rollatini) and a endive salad. Both were well seasoned, and even tho they were appies, I still had left overs. It can be a bit pricey tho.Special Features:
- Will Try Again, But....ReviewmanVIPDined on 7/12/2014We REALLY wanted to like Savinii -- the atmosphere is very nice. The service is really really good. Water glasses were refilled regularly and the waiter was on top of his game the entire time. Now for the negatives -- there really is only one but it's a biggy. The food wasn't so good. We ordered Veal Milanese and Chicken parm. To be frank, the moment I saw my wife's dish I knew she wouldn't like it. She barely ate anything. To be exact, she took only a couple bites. For me, the chicken parm looked good, but was rubbery to eat. The beans were soggy. My feeling is that the food was prepared earlier and microwaved to heat it up. We'll try it one more time to see if this was an off day, but right now, I cannot recommend.
- Great food, but Eat FastRonnieDined on 7/10/2014The service and the food at this restaurant are excellent. Waiters don't hover, but are attentive. However you are conscious that the management wants to move the tables along quickly. My husband was asked twice whether he was finished and whether his plate could be removed while he was still eating.Special Features:
- BillVIPDined on 7/2/2014Love the snapper marachiara over linguini friendly service and bartenders are the bestSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Menu and food were great. Service was excellent. Had a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/29/2014Have been wanting to try this place for a while. Very impressed with decor & feel of the place, along with service & food. We will definitely be coming back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegance in a suburban settingArlenaDined on 6/27/2014In a suburban neighborhood you would n't expect to find an refined restaurant where the ambiance is pleasant and the service is top notch. The Italian food is very good.Special Features:
- A Special PlaceLWW41Dined on 6/24/2014This was my first time dining at Savini. I was expecting to find a quaint, quiet spot as I was alone for a Tuesday evening. I was warmly greeted and promptly ushered to my table by the hostess; at my reservation time and walked through a restaurant that was almost full and with boisterus conversations heard throughout the restaurant. While talking to the waitress about menu choices, one of the other staff filled my water glass and another brought me a bread, olives and cheese plate. Each of the three dishes I ordered arrived very well prepared, tasty and in a nice progression to allow some time in between to digest the previous course. The staff were constantly helping each other when one was busy. Excellent Food & Five Star Service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellent.PhilipVIPDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I, and many times with friends, dine at Savini a lot. It is always enjoyable.Special Features:
- Lunch or dinner you can't go wrongFavfoodplaceVIPDined on 6/20/2014Savini has been a go to place for Me for a long time - I moved away 2 years ago and went by for both lunch and dinner while I was back in town- they have only gotten better . I had the tilapia specula for lunch - delicious . The service was polite and our meal was timed perfectly. The is the GEM of New Jersey . Worth the trip !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding, as usual!DonnaDined on 6/19/2014Savini never disappoints. Food, service, ambience, all done to perfection!Special Features:
- Great as always!PhilipVIPDined on 6/8/2014My wife and I have dined at Savini numerous times. The food is always very good, the service is outstanding, and the ambiance is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfiedBrenVIPDined on 6/7/2014We had a very enjoyable dinner with my brother and sister-in-law. We were all pleased with our choices. The waiter was very personable and professional. Delicious and fresh watermelon, figs and goat cheese salad. Entrees were all presented beautifully. Will definitely go back. Consistent,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 35yearsmarriedbliss29plusandcountingDined on 6/3/2014We went to Savini's for our 35th wedding anniversary. The waiter asked us if we came for a special occasion. When the menus arrived, the sheet with the daily specials had our names and "Happy 35th Aniversary" printed on the top. What a pleasant surprise. Our dining experience was top drawer. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.