168 West Crescent Ave
Allendale, NJ 07401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.savininj.com/
- Phone: 201-760-3700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 1:00pm - 9:00pm,
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Tuscany and Chianti Rooms can hold private events of up to 100 guests. Both feature state-of-the art audio and visual equipment with WiFi for guests use. Every type of event from small celebrations, rehearsal dinners and corporate events can be easily accommodated.
A word from Savini
Awarded 3 Stars "EXCELLENT," by The Bergen Record - 9/23/11. Voted "BEST OF BERGEN 2008" by (201) Magazine - February 2008. Savini is a Sophisticated, Award Winning, Northern Italian/Continental Restaurant. Considered one of the most attractive restaurants in Bergen County, food is served at Savini in what was once a colonial home. What remains of the original only contributes to the aesthetics. But it is a positive culinary experience that diners seek and that is what they get at Savini. It excels in the three most significant barometers of a restaurant's health: Food, Service and Atmosphere. The cuisine is Northern Italian/Continental. Specialties cover the gamut – a selection of fresh fish delivered daily, homemade pasta, veal, chicken, steaks and chops. Enjoy coffee, and after-dinner drink and perhaps late night music in the lounge. Our cuisine and menu will please the most discerning palate and is both distinctive and unique.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Savini reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (88)neighborhood gem (68)fit for foodies (50)good for groups (47)romantic (36)notable wine list (28)great for lunch (21)vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (13)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (6)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- You should try Savini!LarryEatsVIPDined on 10/15/2014Without reservation [no pun intended] this has got to be the best of the best in Bergen County! But don't take my word for it. Try it and see-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DoonyDined on 10/11/2014Enjoyed the food and the service but the tables for two are too close together.. ... A woman sitting next to us was literally staring at us while we trying to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as usualPhilipVIPDined on 10/10/2014On Thursday I made a Friday reservation for one person (and Friday is always very busy). I requested a table with good light for me to read my newspaper. As usual, Savini accommodated my request and I had a long and relaxing dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerDined on 10/8/2014Food, service, cordiality, marvelous as always. I am never disappointed when I eat there. Always have a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb family Sunday mealguidoDined on 10/5/2014The food is always excellent and the service is superb. It is the perfect place for a late afternoon Sunday meal. We were there with our children and their grandparents and were there for over 2 hrs without ever feeling rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ConsistantLove2eatDined on 10/2/2014Savini is a wonderful neighborhood gem, the food is always great, the service outstanding & the atmosphere & decor are enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentPhilipVIPDined on 10/1/2014We have dined at Savini numerous times. Atmosphere/décor, service and food are consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningNYNYDined on 10/1/2014If you are looking for a restaurant that represents quality, fine dining and good service- it's Savini's From the moment the valet takes your car till you leave you are treated with respect, served a very nice meal by an attentive, friendly and professional staff. Always enjoy going there.Special Features:
- Always delivers...HardtopleaseDined on 9/28/2014Each time we've been to Savini's we've had a wonderful dinner. The food is prepared and presented well. The service excellent. I like to go there for special occasions because it definitely feels special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Wait staff is excellent, attentive and professional in their service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at SaviniGratefulDinerDined on 9/22/2014My boyfriend travels a lot and eats out constantly. For his birthday I wanted to chose a restaurant that would meet/exceed his expectations. We were not disappointed - Dinner, Wine, Atmosphere and Service were all outstanding. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014We had a lovely dining experience and the décor of the place is lovely too. The staff was excellent- from the hostess who sat us down to the waiters and bus boys. Manager was also extremely professional and gentile. We celebrated a birthday and the birthday acknowledgement at the top of the menu was very clever and a nice touch. Also, how nice of the Manager to offer an after drink to all of us at our table. Very impressive. The food was absolutely delicious. We had a lovely dining experience and will definitely go back for dinner. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant Dining ExperienceRonnieDined on 9/19/2014The food here and the service are excellent. The wine list is quite limited, but they have a full bar if people prefer mixed drinks. It is a good choice for a special occasionSpecial Features:
- Excellent All AroundPhilipVIPDined on 9/18/2014Food was very good, service excellent, ambiance excellent.Special Features:
- Terrific as usual!JoeWDined on 9/17/2014Enjoyed a great meal celebrating our daughter's birthday several days ago. The food is always great and the service attentive. Savini's has been a local go-to for many years now which is a testament to their focus on quality all around.Special Features:
- Great food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Enjoyed my business lunch meeting and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFoodieDined on 9/15/2014Great place ... great food and wonderful atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDisappointingVIPDined on 9/14/2014Have been eating here for many years. Savini's food has always been consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/14/2014Planned a Birthday Party for my Mom's 90th and her little sister's 88th. Made to feel special from the moment we arrived. Great service, fresh seafood, excellent Entrees, wide selection of notable wines at reasonable prices. Warm, cozy decor. THANKS Savini!Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The atmosphere and the service was impeccable and the food is always delicious and fantastic.Special Features:
- Always AmazingtsmscmaDined on 9/10/2014Another great meal at Savini's. The Florida Snapper Special was outstanding and the Filet with Gorgonzola was as well. The crab and lobster on avocado appetizer was excellent and so fresh; it was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a fantastic experienceSueHHIDined on 9/9/2014Savini is simply one of the best Italian restaurants in New Jersey. The food is always superb and the menu has more choices than you could ever need. The staff is amazing! Professional and friendly and they make everyone who walks through their doors feel like a "regular." This is now my family's go-to restaurant for special occasions. Simply the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnermeredithDined on 9/8/2014The food and wait staff were very good. The bar was loud and a woman who drank too much unfortunately began wandering into the dining room to accuse an elderly woman of criticizing her outfit. Other than that, it was a nice night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Picky71Dined on 9/7/2014Service and food has never disappointed us. One of our favoritesSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable as always!!PhilipVIPDined on 9/7/2014We have been to Savini many, many times. The atmosphere and service were excellent. The food was, for the first time for us, "OK", but clearly an aberration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciouspittypieVIPDined on 9/6/2014A wonderful restaurant in my neighborhood. Food is always delicious, service is always on point. We came for my birthday and were not disappointed. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Awesome Drive-byKGD113Dined on 8/29/2014I wanted to take my father out for his 83rd Birthday. I made an online reservation that was so We were immediately greeted and seated promptly. The staff was extremely patient and repeated the menu countless times until my Dad who is hard of hearing heard all of the specials. The food was prepared perfectly. The managed came over and introduced himself asking if we were enjoying our meal. I mentioned that it was my fathers birthday and how I found the restaurant. The manager returned to the table with the special menu that read "Happy Birthday Roy" my dads name. Needless to say this gesture made my dads day. I will return to this excellent restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is top-notch.TitoDined on 8/27/2014Food is always solid. Price point is slightly more affordable than comparable fine dining restaurants in the area, but the service is really what makes this place special. Went for a bday and they printed us special menus, did the whole bday dessert show, etc. Maître d' was always dropping by to make sure everything was up to par, seating was comfortable, etc.Special Features:
- FantasticPamdDined on 8/23/2014We've have family events at Savini with over 100mpeople, and just recently dinner for two. It's always great, no matter want the event!Special Features:
- ExcellentDisappointingVIPDined on 8/22/2014Consistently wonderful! Extraordinary specials and excellent staples on menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Absolute Best!LFalkVIPDined on 8/22/2014Savini is definitely the BEST restaurant in Bergen County by far! The food is always excellent and the service is top notch! You have to love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spotKittyDined on 8/21/2014We came for kid's birthdays and they created special menus for them, were attentive to food allergies and made our family feel like welcome regulars! Appetizers were excellent, some entrees better than others but the mood, service and experience is above average so great local spot! We would return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/20/2014The food is excellent and service is to match. We ordered the Red Snapper and the Veal Filet Mignon medallions. Both did not disappoint. Loved the peach and arugula salad with its terrific dressing. Chocolate mousse cake dessert and cappuccino and a nice Tuscan Red ended a memorable evening. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to all.Special Features:
- Great serviceDaveDined on 8/15/2014Service was wonderful. Our needs were met without our needing to ask. Wait staff was attentive and not intrusive. Waiter's wine recommendation was great. Peach melba for dessert was a real treat. Look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinnerluv2eatoutDined on 8/10/2014The restaurant staff is very accommodating and thoughtful. Menu's were printed with the Birthday girls names on them. Very nice touch. The food was not especially good. Overpriced and mediocre. I ordered a special with lobster which was overcooked. My husband ordered a lamb special that was nicely done. A shrimp dish & chicken picata were average. Filet mignon was cooked as ordered and enjoyed. All in all for the price I expect more.Special Features:
- TastewithclassDined on 8/10/2014Great food nice atmosphere service friendly and knowledgeable . Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet mignon inferior quality.DonaldDined on 8/7/2014The filet mignon was of inferior quality. Tasted bland, so may have been previously frozen, or imported like from Australia. Also was served under cooked, although it was sent back and fixed. Manager apologized and gave us complimentary dessert which was appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatpjhartDined on 8/7/2014Always a fantastic meal, great service and a terrific atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as always!!!PhilipVIPDined on 8/6/2014My wife and I have dined at Savini numerous times, and we are never disappointed. Food, service are ambiance are excellent!!Special Features:
- Have only been there for dinner..RamseyResidentsDined on 8/5/2014But, the food is fabulous! Very diverse menu and outstandingly consistent food!! It may not be inexpensive, but it is fantastic if you need a reliable, friendly, yet high caliber ambiance for a meal. Also, works for seniors who need to sit closer to the door due to being physically challenged. Where else can you get escargots that are served to perfection! I had them elsewhere (very close by as a special on the menu) and they were not even close!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.