Savannah Red Restaurant and Wine Bar
100 West Trade Street
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
Savannah Red Restaurant and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://marriottmodules.com/charlotte_marriott_city
- Phone: 7043638161
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Jean-Pierre Marechal
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Rachel Smoot 7043638161
A word from Savannah Red Restaurant and Wine Bar
Savannah Red encompasses the purest example of Charlotte Cuisine. From the local to the extraordinary, our menu is inspired by soulful traditional southern flavors. Chef Jean-Pierre Marechal and Chef de Cuisine Billy Brown adapt a modern and innovative technique to an autograph style signature only to Savannah Red. Our upscale restaurant and wine bar are nestled in the midst of Uptown Charlotte. The exceptional décor and wine bar offer the perfect backdrop for cocktails, dinner or conversations. A dining room that seats over thirty and a private party space that can accommodate up to fifty people make Savannah Red the ideal venue for any special occasion. We offer over thirty wines by the glass, and extensive wine list. We invite you to share our dedication to personalized service and a passion for our craft that defines the essence of Savannah Red.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Savannah Red Restaurant and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Savannah Red Restaurant and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (11)special occasion (9)fit for foodies (8)notable wine list (5)neighborhood gem (3)good for groups (2)Show More
- Really nice for a hotel restaurantEat2liveDined on 8/29/2014Last minute choice. Very happy with it. Small and intimate tucked away in the Marriott City Center Hotel. Service was attentive. Food was very good. Nice location in heart of downtown Charlotte.Special Features:
- Loved the atmosphereFlygirleatsDined on 8/26/2014I booked this restaurant after reading great reviews about their food and service! Let me tell you that their service was very personal! The waitress (she has a beautiful accent but I forgot her name). She was very attentive and personal and she really let us enjoy our evening. Even at 9:45, they close at 10, I told her sorry we're taking so long (I used to wait tables) she responded we could stay as long as needed. I liked that. And they were very generous about storing a cake I had made for a friends birthday. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't get any betterSrfrgrlHyznbrgDined on 7/25/2014The atmosphere, food, wine & wait staff were most impressive. Maria was our waitress and was super personable, professional and didn't falter when my husband said "surprise me" and asked her to pick what he would eat for dinner. She brought out a perfectly presented steak wrapped in bacon, medium rare with several shrimp cascading around over and around it. The catch of the day that I had was surrounded by incredible black rice and beans. By far the best meal I've had since moving to the South. We were also impressed that both Maria and Chef Patrick took time to chat with us table side after dinner. Top notch restuarant made even better by super staff! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014This was the first time I tried this restaurant. I was impressed with the service and fine dining experience. I would definitely recommend a friend to this restaurant. The waitress Marie was great. She was very pleasant to be around.Special Features:
- Ambiance is amazingFoodie4lifeDined on 7/25/2014Service was impecable. This is a great place for foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surpriseddineoutDined on 7/24/2014We found restaurant week and celebrated husband's birthday. Found this place very relaxing and intimate. Food was very good. Really enjoyed the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in Interesting SettingSethVIPDined on 7/22/2014Food was surprisingly great at this restaurant, I'd highly recommend it.Special Features:
- LolaDined on 7/22/2014Ordinary. We hoped for better but frankly nothing was better than just ok.
- AlliecatDined on 7/19/2014The resturant was great and a true find. Will definetly go back even without Queens Feast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!Queensfeast2014Dined on 7/18/2014The food, staff and environment were great! Loved the local touches in some of the dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's Happened to Savannah Red?LAJOHAVIPDined on 6/28/2014I have always loved Savannah Red but things have definitely changed. My husband & I had a 7 pm reservation for our anniversary dinner, and we were the ONLY diners there the entire time on a Saturday night. Not very festive! They previously had impeccable service, with a sommelier, and a wait team, but on this night, one lady was our sommelier, bartender, and wait staff (...chef? :/) She did a fine job, but it was just different from what we have experienced in the past. The recipes seem to have changed as well, and were okay, but not as good as before. They have a great concept, but I think they may price themselves out of the market. Honestly, we would have paid about half what we did at another restaurant for the same quality.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 50 reviews are from the Savannah Red Restaurant and Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Great service in quaint placeDavidRDined on 6/21/2014Love the food and service. Very personable service. Great food. Love this place Maria is excellent.Special Features:
- Don't miss this great find.CEOTravelingVIPDined on 4/25/2014We have eaten at just about every uptown Charlotte and missed SR. What a great meal and great service. The Red Snapper w duck sausage risotto was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperiencehappytimesDined on 4/10/2014This restaurant offers a beautiful setting to enjoy culinary excellence! We were given special attention and a wide range of options to accommodate a gluten free diet. Chef Scott prepared an amazing meal! Maria was gracious and accommodating! We plan to return to Savannah Red for a special occasion with a group in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely mealBethVIPDined on 4/2/2014A group of us dined and everyone loved their meal. Well prepared, fresh ingredients, creative Southern cuisine. Surprising for a hotel restaurant.Special Features:
- Great, as alwaysVeganDined on 3/22/2014We try always to eat at Savannah Red when we're in Uptown Charlotte. The food never disappoints (even my special request Vegan meals), the server, Deanna, is wonderful, and the atmosphere is almost always subdued and romantic.Special Features:
- excellent food and serviceMarleyDined on 3/15/2014original and well prepared food at a fair price. the service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Solid GoodAnni2014VIPDined on 3/7/2014Food was good. Some nice touches from the chef. Steaks were OK but sides were very good. Appetizer was just OK. Service was simply outstanding. Small space and not a lot of ambience to speak of.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The menu looks great on paperFoodluvrDined on 2/15/2014The menu looks great on paper but the food (and there were four of us) missed the mark.
- Great restaurantTommyDined on 2/15/2014I love the restaurant, friendly staff, good food and all around good atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmospheredmitch1911Dined on 2/14/2014The people was wonderful and the restaurant was warming and inviting. Enjoyed the my visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite possibly the best restaurantwranglerjoanDined on 2/14/2014This was our second visit to Savannah Red, and our was as perfect as the first! The service is impeccable. Kimberly, our server is remarkable with her timing and attention to detail, as is the rest of the staff. The food is excellent. Expect a different twist on food here and trust them! Red lentil soup was divine, and red velvet ravioli stuffed with mascarpone and ricotta with peppercorn was amazingly good. Nice pace and high quality. Also, be sure to finish off with coffee. You get an individual press at your table with biscotti. Fabulous and highly recommended!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner if you can find itFudiFromCaliDined on 2/10/2014Took my wife to this place for our anniversary. The description in OpenTable did NOT say this restaurant was In hotel. After missing the 3x3 sign a couple times we finally found the place after wandering both outside and inside the hotel. Once inside we had a great dining experience. The server was friendly and highly professional. The food was very good. My wife's pheasant was a little dry, however my elk was perfect. The portions were as to be expected at a upscale restaurant, however, we did not leave hungry. All in all a pleasant dining experience. I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic Southern Gem - in a hotel!BigeyeVIPDined on 2/4/2014I love southern food and adventurous, creative dining & Savannah Red was a fabulous combination of both. All 3 courses were 10's (& I'm a sophisticated foodie). The service was also outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tender steakDougDined on 1/25/2014I had the most tender filet mignon I have ever eaten. Looking forward to going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2014My wife and I had dinner at Savannah Red not knowing it was part of the Marriott in Charlotte, but wanted to take advantage of Restaurant Week and a new experience. Deann, our server was friendly, attentive, but not obtrusive. The atmosphere was comfortable and due to the early hour (5:30-6:30 on Saturday) was semi-private. The three course set meal associated with Restaurant Week was outstanding. The Scallops and Filet were prepared perfectly. The flight of wine offered by SR that evening complemented the dishes perfectly. Compared to the revieews that i had read from a year ago, we found Savannah Red to be a top notch restaurant and would recommend it without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savannah Red HotKerryVDined on 1/23/2014Bar area is separate from dining area and dining area was intimate with 10-12 tables, seating about 35 people. Scallops and buffalo short ribs were excellent as appetizers. The pheasant and tile fish were excellent dishes as well all served up with a little southern flare. Desserts were enjoyable but not spectacular though they did light my bread pudding on fire as a novelty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meal reviewStiveDined on 1/22/2014The wait staff needs to be more attentive. The kitchen needs to be more acomodating. The portion sizes need to be larger. The prices should be adjusted downward. I do not plan on going back.Special Features:
- Fancy!JaymeVIPDined on 1/20/2014Was thrilled to try Savannah Red as a part of Queen's Feast, and it didn't disappoint. First I'd like to mention our server Deanna, who was flawless. Loved her. Her helper was a blonde girl with an accent, perhaps Russian?, who was also a delight. Great service. The food was also quite good, but not an absolute knock-out. Neither the fish nor the steak were exceptional in flavor. All the supporting characters, however, right down to the cornbread and the palette cleansing sorbet were delicious. Well, the bread pudding gets a B+ - surprisingly, I've had better bread pudding. Overall, a very nice dining experience, and well worth it for a classy date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itDavidRDined on 1/17/2014Went there with another couple. Service was great. Not a big seating area quick was great. More intimate scene. Service was top notch and food was great at each course. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningPhilDined on 12/28/2013The service and food could not have been better. I am a visitor at Savannah Red's and will continue to make it my favorite location to dine in the Queen City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usual.VeganDined on 11/12/2013It's become my new favorite restaurant in Charlotte. I brought a friend for her Birthday who said she had the best Fillet Mignon ever. Service is always perfect.Special Features:
- Hotel RestaurantsFoodie49Dined on 11/9/2013Most are not up to par as the primary is rooms. However, the food, chef, and staff do everything they can to create a great experience. I chose it for the entrees, they had their special dishes but then they had "From the Grill" which offered a meat and 2 sides. Due to a diet, this was perfect, it provided an ala carte version which could be tailored at a reasonable price with excellent selections and a variety of sides to choose from. This made us very happy! I chose the Elk and she chose the Grouper, both of which were delicious as well as the sides(smoked cream corn is wonderful with the meats). I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerNicoleDined on 11/2/2013My husband and I had a wonderful experience at Savannah Red while celebrating our wedding anniversary. The food was incredible and the service was outstanding. We will definitely keep it in mind when planning our next special occasion.Special Features:
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 11/1/2013Went to Savannah Red for first dinner out after having our 2nd child. It was perfect. The service was great. The dining area is small and it was slow, but we were never rushed. If you are going out to be seen, this is not the place. If you want good food and great service and a quiet dinner, I highly recommend!Special Features:
- Amazing atmospherePartyof4Dined on 11/1/2013The food here was amazing and so was the overall atmosphere. The waitress Deanna absolutely is this restaurants biggest asset! We ended up coming back only an hour or so after we left for drinks because we had enjoyed ourselves here so much. Any one of the four of us dining that night would highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemVeganDined on 10/19/2013Because we were staying at City Center Marriott, I made a reservation at Savannah Red, the in-house restaurant, for convenience just hours before getting there. I am strictly Vegan and often wind up having rather mediocre meals, so I was thrilled and delighted with the very creative and delicious meal that been especially planned. The wine choices were comprehensive, service was professional and friendly, and the atmosphere/decor just lovely. This will be our restaurant of choice in Charlotte, even when we're not staying overnight.Special Features:
- Fantastic Experience all around!jiminimDined on 8/3/2013We all ordered different dishes and we all samples each others choice. We were all in agreement -- all the food was wonderful! The service was friendly, prompt and they knew the menu and were able to answer all questions asked about anything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food!MosesDined on 7/27/2013The place is a bit small. So I was disapointed at first because I didn't know that it was so small from the photos. The steak was awesome and it hanged everything. Service was also awesome. So all in all, I'd definitely recommend it. And small doesn't mean ugly. The interior itself is pretty. Well, maybe not the photos on one wall but the paintings and furniture, chandelier are fantastic.Special Features:
- The hidden gem of uptown Charlotte!Mako531Dined on 7/26/2013AMAZING AS ALWAYS!! Every restaurant week (twice a year) I come here... I have a very tight budget so unfortunately I can't frequent more often! BEST RESTAURANT WEEK SPOT!! Always consistent. The help is fantastic and you get the extra 2 courses (amuse bouche and sorbet) for free!! You are doing yourself a favor by trying this great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.