3773 Willow Glen Drive
El Cajon, CA 92010Neighborhood:
Rancho San Diego
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.savanna-grill.com/
- Phone: 6195924745
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 1:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Miguel Martinez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have multiple banquet packages, or your more than welcome to build your own.
- Private Party Facilities: Our Outdoor covered patio can accommodate over 100 guests. Gorgeous view of Cottonwood Golf Course.
- Private Party Contact: Courtney Olinger 6195924745
- Entertainment: Happy Hour is long here, from 2 to 7 p.m. seven days a week, and again from 10 to closing Sundays through Thursdays. During Happy Hours, enjoy $2 off drafts, plus 45 Sky martinis and specials on the bar menu, such as the $2.50 jumbo fish taco or Angus sliders. Additionally, there are half-price wine specials all day on Wednesdays and Sundays.
Friday Nights: DJ: Hang out in the lounge or on the patio
Saturday Nights: The Players
Savanna Grill is a classy steakhouse and lounge with fabulous floor to ceiling window views of the lush, green fairways of Cottonwood golf course.
The restaurant is the latest venture of well respected local restaurateur Diah Asker, the man that also brings us several wonderful Taste of Italy restaurants. Diah saw the need for a top-class, yet casual and affordable dining venue in East County that would provide a nice upscale setting, a fantastic lounge, a vibrant happy hour setting, nightly entertainment and late-night dining.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/26/2013Was taco Tuesday night. Food was outstanding. Tacos was were terrific and reasonable.Special Features:
- Must go!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/19/2013Amazing place! Great food and drink. No need to drive all the way to downtown for a fun night out.Special Features:
- NOT Ready for Prime Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013Went for Valentine's dinner....unfortunately, this place was definitely not "ready for prime time". The cluster of people around the hostess stand, abundance of empty tables and staff seemingly hustling off to nowhere in particular should have been a clue. After a brief wait we were seated for our reservation. The next clue came in the form of the wine, what should have been one of their better offerings, served in brandy snifters. Appetizers and dinner were ordered, but nothing appeared, not even our server, over the next 50 minutes. The tables around us cycled through, others were seated, similar (even the same) appetizers were delivered, not ours however....nothing too difficult, nothing arrived, ultimately found server and left
- NOT Romantic for Valentine's DayjctippyDined on 2/14/2013This was a Valentine's Day dinner and EVERY open inch of the restaurant had a two top placed in it. Very loud, not a nice romantic dinner AT ALL. I will give this another try, just not on a special occasion.Special Features:
- Tough steak pricey lettuce.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013We went for our Valentines Day and found the ambiance terrific. They have an open modern airy decor with a lovely colorful centerpiece dividing the bar and dining. The bar was very friendly and pleasant, they make a great 'Old Fashioned' and have a decent wine list. The problem was that the menu was reduced as restaurants do on busy holidays, but my $32. Ribeye was like chewing a shoe. It was so tough I had the manager come over and try it and he agreed. He was very amiable and apologetic and offered to replace it or get me something else, opting to have it replaced the new cut had excellent flavor but was equally tough. (My wife's filet was very tender). Paying extra for a poor salad was shameful, but I am willing to try Savanna again.Special Features:
- This was our third or fourthOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013This was our third or fourth visit to Savana Grill and we had been very happy with everything. So it was a logical choice for a nice valentines dinner. They sat us on the covered patio (patiially covered with tacky looking plastic) Table and chairs were very worn. Slow service, said they were out of bread. We ordered from the very overpriced special holiday menu. We finally got our bread with our meals. As we were waiting for our food we heard from tables around us about a special couples dinner. Our waitress never offered that to us. Food was average, when we were expecting great.
- Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013I took my girlfriend here on Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 7:45 PM. Appetizer and Entrees brought out at the same time. Steak Tar Tare is not something I like to rush on. Also the waiter forgot to bring our soup course and placed blame on someone else forgetting to bring it out. I think the staff might require additional training. Take some ownership of guest issues, never place blame. The food was good, but nothing special. For the price I expect a lot better service. Being that I don't live in the immediate area, I don't think I will be returning. PS) Who named all their sushi rolls? Silly.
- The whole place felt greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012The whole place felt great and I loved the design. The service was great and such. It was just the food I did not like. First of all when we ordered tea. They gave us a big jug of hot water, but the hot water wasn't even hot enough. I was wondering how this was gonna last throughout our entire dinner. The tea choices weren't that great either. And then my main course came. I ordered the chicken masala. At first it tasted good and after awhile it started to taste more and more bland. I could barely finish it. I only really liked the sides they provided. But the only good thing was the service. They made sure everything was good and our water was always refilled. There was a lot of loud music so I think group of about 3-6 is good for dinneSpecial Features:
- This was our first time visitingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2012This was our first time visiting this restaurant. We really wanted somewhere to go on Christmas eve and all my normal steakhouses were booked. I think we were lucky Savannah grill was not because once the word about their food gets out this place will be hopping. I ordered the Filet Mignon and it was cooked perfectly. Had a side of beranaise to go with it....this recipe could be amped up a bit, but all in all not a bad meal. Was surprised that ordering a 6oz. steak dinner at $22.00 that came with a veg. and potato did not come with a dinner salad or bread. Monday was a great day to go, 1/2 off on some sandwiches and they made BLT for my picky teens. They all loved them. The ambiance was grat and will visit again.Special Features:
- Very good food and daily specials.RichardC1VIPDined on 12/5/2012Very good food and daily specials. Especially Taco tuesday and prime rib wed with 1/2 off on select bottled wines. The new sushi bar is a beautiful addition.Special Features:
- We went with another coupleOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 11/27/2012We went with another couple for the Taco Tuesday and Sushi. Everything was great. We had a great time too.Special Features:
- Was a little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2012Was a little disappointed because this restaurant was on the San Diego Advantage Card page as a participating restaurant. When I gave them my card with my credit card they were confused and not sure how to use it and said the card wasn't activated. The card was activated. Not sure if they meant their business wasn't activated yet. I didn't know about this place and found it from the "Advantage" card list and decided to try it with our supper club. Enjoyed it nevertheless.Special Features:
- We attended this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2012We attended this restaurant for our anniversary dinner based on a review of their website -- which gave the appearance of a higher-end steakhouse. The interior was very nicely appointed, but empty. The greeter seated us outside - she mentioned it was very nice. The outside dining area -- while having padded chairs and wood tables and overlooking the adjacent golf course -- was definitely of a "bar and grill" with TVs and groups of people cheering on sports teams. The server was adequate he just didn't visit our table often enough to refill drinks. The food was EXCELLENT and lived up to being high-end quality.Special Features:
- Had an enjoyable breakfast,RichardC1VIPDined on 9/23/2012Had an enjoyable breakfast, great price and good food and service, but I noticed the portions have gotten smaller and they have switched to two thin slices of bacon , which used to be thick slices. They alwaws change things and are not consistant.Special Features:
- Disappointed againOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2012We'll start with the good; our server, Jessica, was excellent. Very attentive. We loved the $2 margaritas. There were 4 of us, 2 ate reubens, one had fish tacos, and one had tequila lime fettucine. Only the fish tacos were good. The corned beef on the reubens was processed corned beef and was like beef jerky. The tequila lime fettucine was the worst I've ever had. The taste was weird. It was one of our birthdays so we got a piece of chocolate cake (which was not complimentary). It was extremely dry. We ended up leaving 3/4 of it on the plate. We've given Savannah Grill three tries and have been disappointed each time. This was our last.Special Features:
- Food not up to par.FlemingsloverVIPDined on 8/23/2012Have been to Savannah Grill several times. This time, not up to par. Steaks were extremely over salted, Mashed potatoes missed the mark - they were pasty. The salad got smaller with no dressing on it. Chicken marsala just okay and gave our guest a stomach ache. Don't know what happened but reluctuant to go back after this time.
- Savanna Grill was just ok.Brat1016Dined on 8/19/2012Savanna Grill was just ok. The restaurant itself seems like it has good potential but was fairly rundown. They were out of things we tried to order and the food was so- so when it came out. Finally, we had to call the waiter over for simple things like silverware and water refills. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it, but if you do go, don't expect greatness.
- This restaurant advertisedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2012This restaurant advertised a dish (and showed in their menu) that was not available. Management seemed far from apologetic. I understand things happen, its how you deal with adversity that counts. Management was dressed unbecoming a representative of this establishment. Also, did not seem concerned about it or his clients.Special Features:
- Embarrassing ServiceGroupDinnerDined on 7/29/2012HORRIBLE service! Our waiter did not know the menu at all and didn't not bring me the meal I ordered; after three attempts and about 30 minutes. Ended up skipping the meal as the rest of my party had already finished their food by time my third wrong order came out. I thought I was on hidden camera; ordered an entree salad and received fish on a bed of rice, and was told they don't have an entree salad. When I pointed it out in the menu I was brought a salad, but not the one I ordered (it had bacon in it which I found out after taking a bite- I'm vegetarian). Then was brought the appetizer salad, about 3 oz of food. After hunting him down, the manager did come to the table and tried to apologize. Wait staff needs serious training.Special Features:
- Savana grill is the best steakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2012Savana grill is the best steak house on thursday's as all steaks are $14.00 service is great
- This place is hit or missOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012This place is hit or miss with the food. The service has always been great, however the lamb chops were over salted and the steak was under seasoned during our last visit. I appreciated that the waiter did his best to accommodate our party and comped the lamb chops.
- Day and NightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2012I have been here for lunch 3x and its so different on the weekend evenings. Daytime brings in the casual breakfast and lunch deals. Extensive menu choices all day and night. Dinner is a bit more expensive unless you go to the back menu pages. The waiter was happy to guide us with a couple recommendations when I asked and was very knowledgeable about the menu and the wine list. In fact it was Exceptional!!! The weekends can get loud with the live music but the band was great and had people dancing next to their tables. Not the place for a quiet romantic dinner, but perfect for good food and a fun evening. The bar area was very busy, drinks were served fast and it looked like everyone was having a good time.Special Features:
- Thursday July 12, 2012OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2012This is my second time at Savanna Grill. The service was quite slow. Had to ask for more ice tea, and water. Waited for quite a while for all of our steaks. Three people did not get them like they wanted and one had to send it back, to rare. The food was good when we got it. we didn't know our server's name or maybe I did not hear it. This place was my suggestion and I am always leary about taking my party of 10 there. It might have helped to have two people to take care of such a large party. Also, we wantedd separate checks and we were told we could not have them. That made it confusing.Special Features:
- Burgers were good but servedRichardC1VIPDined on 7/9/2012Burgers were good but served with lettuce that had rotted on the edges. The kitchen should be more careful. Waitress was also bartending and she forgot to give the special price on burgers. Check presented was double as it was half price burger day. This place is always hit or miss with service and food. They always seem to have new help. They never quite get it all together, too bad as it is a nice place in east county.Special Features:
- The wait for any type of service,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/19/2012The wait for any type of service, whether it be drinks, appetizers or the main entree was terribly longSpecial Features:
- Taco Tuesday has become aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/12/2012Taco Tuesday has become a regular event with friends and family. Sunday breakfast was reasonable and tasty. Service is always good and quick but you never feel rushed.Special Features:
- My family and I came hereOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/13/2012My family and I came here for Mother's Day. I was not aware that they were serving a buffet only. Our server did not introduce herself nor did she state it was a buffet option only. The buffet was $26. I don't believe it was worth the price. There were not many options to choose from plus most of the food trays sat empty for some time before being refilled. I did like the omelette station but there was a wait for that as well (waiting for the cook). We were all hoping to order from the regular food menu. I will go back and try the other food options but not the buffet.Special Features:
- The brunch for Mother's dayLeighDined on 5/13/2012The brunch for Mother's day was disappointing. The wait staff seemed to be working diligently. The hostess was very focused on a computer screen and walked around a lot.
- Worth it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2012We went to the Savanna Grill on their steak special on a Thursday. The food was delicious. I thought the portions were appropriate for ladies, but I'm glad my husband was not with us that night. He prefers a full plate of food! I ordered a beer that was $6 and my friend ordered a cocktail that ended up being $9. The special was a great deal: $12 steak dinner with mashed potatoes, vegetables and a salad as long as you purchase a drink. I would have liked to know in advance that "upgrading" to a baked potato is $2 more (which is highly encouraged by the waitress). Overall, I really liked it and would recommend this place to dine.Special Features:
- I ordered the shrimp scampiMeggleDined on 5/8/2012I ordered the shrimp scampi and linguini, which would have been very tasty if the shrimp hadn't been overcooked and hard. I suspect the kitchen cooked the shrimp ahead of time and added them after the linguini was done. The dinner salad was great. It may be that I ordered the wrong thing. I'm not sure if I would recommend this restaurant for dinner, although I might for lunch. Huge menu--lots of choices.Special Features:
- There was a wedding partyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/28/2012There was a wedding party on a Saturday night that took all the seating outside. To support this event constant employees were walking by our table to support that event. This was a big distraction. The French Onion soup was delicious, but the chicken tasted like it was microwaved. It was not good...
- Thursday $12 steak night cannotihightowDined on 3/22/2012Thursday $12 steak night cannot be beat anywhere. It comes with a salad, mashed potato, and veggies. It's crazy that my glass of wine was as expensive as my meal. The steaks are excellent for that incredible price. I hear Taco Tuesday and Sunday Prime Rib are just as good. They also have a wonderful sounding brunch menu on the weekends.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012Excellent food and service. Seated overlooking golf course and the lighting was very poor. Unable to see the menu and look at some pictures. Overall, a very nice evening.Special Features:
- Great food! Best food andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2012Great food! Best food and drink deals on Taco Tuesdays! Amazing drinks! I always recommend to friends and family.Special Features:
- Taste above the restOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2012Compliments to the Cheif. Best tasting Steak I've had in a long time, flavorful at a good price. We will be back!Special Features:
- Ran out of Prime Rib on aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2012Ran out of Prime Rib on a Friday night. I understand sometimes this happens, but we were one of their first tables for the night, it wasn't like they were busy and ran out. Being a NY transplant, I get tired of businesses claiming "NY this, NY that" on their menus. I cringe of the thought that people who don't know any better will assume that is how "NY bagels, NY cheesecake and NY pizza" really tastes. The " NY cheesecake" at this place was decent at best, nothing special. The wine list was full of great wines that weren't overpriced.Special Features:
- My first visit and was pleasentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012My first visit and was pleasently surprised. Friends also joined us and it was their first time. The expierence was enjoyed by all.Special Features:
- 3 out of 5OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Don't bother making a reservation, they wont hold your table. We were told 30 minutes wait and we arrived right at our reservation time. We were told sorry, first come first serve. Um, okay they whats the point of taking reservations!? So we found a table in the bar area that was open seating and sat there. We were told there would be a set menu for valentines day and there was not. I ordered a martini and they were out of olives. I ordered a rib-eye steak and it was only a half inch thick and tasted OKAY. The ambiance is nice and the music and waitress were nice. The steaks need a makeover though for a place being called a "steakhouse". My motto has always been, "If you can't take a picture of it, you probably don't want to eat it."Special Features:
- Nice try but a long way to goOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2012Does not live up to the marketing effort. It was billed as the Gaslamp in East County. Doesn't quite rise to that level. It was a convenient location but the pricing and quality of food is far below what you'd get downtown or other steak houses.
- Nice atmosphere. Great customerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Nice atmosphere. Great customer service. The food was delightful. Recommend!