Sauter's Inn Restaurant
109 Old Kingston Road
Ajax, ON L1T3A6Neighborhood:
GermanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Sauter's Inn Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sautersinn.com/
- Phone: 9054276760
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Breakfast: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: German, Contemporary European, International
- Executive Chef: Gobi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Sauter's Inn Restaurant
Sauter’s Restaurant, located in the Courtyard of Historic Pickering Village, set in a traditional European style. The exterior is a beautiful Tudor style building, adorned with colourful flowers hanging from baskets and window sills. The interior is a comfortable cozy setting with numerous European folk-art, figurines, pictures and of course, beer steins. Sauter’s Restaurant prides itself in offering a first class dining experience. Enjoy traditional German / Hungarian fare, a selection of Imported Beers including Hacker-Pschorr on tap, imported directly from Munich, and a fine selection of wines. A variety of home cooked daily specials are created in our kitchen including Venison Stew, Wild Boar, Beef Roladen and Pork Hock. The traditional Weiner Schnitzel and Beef Goulash are of course available every day. Comfort in knowing that all our soups, sauces, dressings and even our spatzle are home made in the traditional style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sauter's Inn Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- RaymondDined on 5/11/2014The waitress appeared a bit confused with our reservation because they kept "Open Table" reservations separately. When we arrived, it was not crowed but still took almost 45 minutes for the food to come . Food was so-soSpecial Features:
- UnorganizedWenGabDined on 12/31/2013I know New Years is a challenging time for restaurants, however, we were asked to move tables when we had barely finished dinner to make room for the band who was setting up during this time. Apart from the fact that the band should have already been set up, we were squeezed into an area where we were now quite far away from the make shift stage. There were intoxicated patrons where we were moved, at 9:45 pm?!?! We were promised a shot for the inconvenience that never materialized. Speakers were threatening to fall on guests seated under them. It was a gong show. Food was just OK, not great. Wine selection poor. I do not recommend.
- Yearly diningFriendscandineDined on 12/1/2013We get together once a year for dinner. We like to have wine and chat before we order dinner. We told our waitress we would be having drinks and appetizers and then would order when we were ready. She took the hint and did not bother us with 'are you ready to order' till we were ready to order. All our food came at the same time and it was hot and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Having been there the weekDacyDined on 7/25/2012Having been there the week before, where the food was very good, we decided to take our daughter for a meal as she loves this type of food. The meal, however, was very disappointing. The wiener schnitzel, which should be crispy was soggy at best. Daughter's sauce on her fish was very salty. We were very happy to discover this restaurant in our neck of the woods, so we wouldn't have to travel all the way to TO, but we will not be returning!
- I chose this restaurant basedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/28/2012I chose this restaurant based on a recommendation from a co-worker for a night out with my spouse. We went on a Saturday night and when we left the restaurant around 7:30 there was only 5 tables in the place. This should give you a good idea of what you are in for. The food is edible but not fantastic; the service is passable, no WOWING here, just straight forward "What can I get you" I would suggest you pass on this place unless you have no other options.
- Traditional German Food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2012Traditional German Food. This is stuff that I remembered from a trip to Germany.