Sausalido - Pittsburgh
4621 Liberty Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15224Neighborhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Sausalido - Pittsburgh
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sausalido.net/
- Phone: 4126834575
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Simpson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Delivery, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Sausalido Catering brings to you a smorgasbord of fresh, gourmet dishes which are sure to be the talk of your corporate lunch or dinner, formal or informal business meeting, family get together, memorable event, holiday party, special occasion, bereavement, or that dinner that you didn"t have time to cook but "mysteriously" found away. Our catering service prides itself on the core principles of the the catering business, Service, Quality, Time, Ingenuity, Flexibility & Value. Sausalido equally focuses on all these segments understanding that these are essential to client satisfaction!
A word from Sausalido - Pittsburgh
Sausalido is a intimate and classy B.Y.O.B. bistro and catering company focusing on fresh & seasonal European cuisine. Our culinary team"s passion for fine cuisine is evident by our attention to detail and the combination of fresh flavors that intrigue your pallet. Focusing on fresh ingredients, local produce, value, quality, knowledge, service and the independent identity, we are a premier destination in Pittsburgh's Little Italy, Bloomfield! Whether you are dining in or catering out food to your special event Sausalido prides itself on guest satisfaction and would love for you to come and enjoy the Sausalido experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Sausalido - Pittsburgh - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Sausalido - Pittsburgh reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (34)romantic (17)special occasion (17)good for groups (8)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Eat here!PghHLTDined on 10/17/2014BYOB, occasional amazing weekday specials, fantastic foodSpecial Features:
- Good as AlwaysMeemsDined on 10/11/2014Our dinner was delicious. The ingredients are always so fresh. Wonderful menu. Fun atmosphere too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saucilito pleasesWahooVIPDined on 10/6/2014No gilded chandeliers just a plain interior but a chef that knows his stuff and a wait staff that aims to please. Thoroughly enjoyable.Special Features:
- Great Food/Reasonable PriceWahooVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food was well above average and amazing for the price. One of us had mussels that were outstanding and the pork chop was the best I have had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014My wife and I went to Sausalido for our third anniversary and we were pretty impressed. The food was good and reasonably priced for what we got. Unlike a lot of other "gourmet" restaurants, good quality doesn't mean a tiny portion at Sausalido--our meals weren't huge, but nor did we have to order extra food to not go away hungry. There are not a ton of vegetarian options but there are some if that's what you're looking for. In particular, I recommend the ravioli. The waiter was friendly and knowledgeable. Overall, I definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a deal!PghHLTDined on 9/2/2014They had a special running for corkage, app, salad and the daily rissoto for $25 for 2! Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnertmopineDined on 8/30/2014Everyone in our group enjoyed their experience at Sausalido. We were celebrating a birthday and received great service. We all loved the interesting entrees that were available. We will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horseVIPDined on 8/26/2014Creative menu; large portions; BYOB. Knowledgeable wait staff. Very tasty meal, reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going down........Yelling Timber...Lauren123Dined on 8/19/2014Sausalido's Food is amazing, however, th4e service has gone downhill. VERY dissappointing. Our waiter was the worst waiter I have ever had. He was extremely unfriendly and very unattentive. We waited 45 minutes for our food to be boxed and our check, and had to ask the other waiter to do so. Will NOT be back no matter how great the food is. The manager/owner was not there that evening, suggestion.....perhaps he should be to see what is happening to his once fine establishment.
- hidden gem in BloomfielddogmomfoodieDined on 8/19/2014Have been wanting to try this restaurant since it opened. So glad I finally did. The food was fantastic - had the crab cakes and risotto. The starter bread and bean dip was the best I have had. The salad with the house made dressing was great - small but elegant. Cream Brule for dessert was big enough to share. Large portions for reasonable prices - so that it is BYOB too. Will be going back and recommending to my foodie friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chemdollDined on 8/15/2014Although the restaurant was crowded, our waiter was pleasant and attentive, and didn't mind that we sat for about half an hour after we were done eating to finish our wine and talk. The food was prepared thoughtfully and my particular meal was delicious- smoked gouda appetizer, Sausalido side salad, and risotto with kale and local sausage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Italian with a Modern TwistMandyKay86Dined on 8/15/2014Ordered the restaurant week specials- smoked provolone appetizer, and kale risotto with local sausage entree. Really creative and different but still had a comfort food feel. Excellent portions too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacelovetheexperienceDined on 8/12/2014I have been to Sausalido two different times. Each time I had the same experience. Amazing. The food is wonderful and fresh and the service is amazing. You feel right at home. Also they give a great amount of food for the price. Perfectly priced for wonderful quality. I would even consider paying more. It is also amazing that it is BYOB. More $$ can be spent on the deliciousness!Special Features:
- Great FoodbourbondrinkerDined on 8/2/2014Great food and huge portions. It's BYOB and the corkage fee is a very reasonable 2 dollars. Small location - great for a date night.Special Features:
- Delicious BYOBmisspghDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I have dined here twice. The menu is just right - plenty of variety from which to choose, but not overwhelming. The ingredients are all fresh, and the food combinations are interesting. I especially recommend the Polenta from the Starter menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.FraniVIPDined on 8/2/2014Two of us had the salmon...delicious, but too much for me to finish! The duck breast was large, and excellent, according to my husband, and our friend loved the crab cakes. Four out of four....can't do much better than that. BYOB is a definite plus, and the service was attentive.....we'll be back!!Special Features:
- SpudDined on 8/2/2014Sausalido was a real find. I had read the reviews and was eager to try it out. It met our high expectations and beyond.... The food was delicious, made to order, the service good, but not intrusive and the atmosphere conducive to conversation and/or romantic intimate dinner. Just remember to bring your bottle of wine if that you feel your five star meal is not complete without a good wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and night outDomBDined on 8/2/2014Really like this place. The braised pork chop was excellent and very filling. Have been here a few times and have never been disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great foodLinusDined on 7/31/2014The food at Sausalido is always great. Really love that it's a BYOB place. This makes it possible to have an excellent meal and dining experience without spending a fortune. They occasionally offer Groupon deals for mid-week dining, which means we'll be back more often. Servers are always friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair to midlandNin64Dined on 7/19/2014Quaint , neighborhood bistro. The pork chop was exceptional. The pea-leek ravioli were very tasty, however, the snap peas should have been steamed until al dente. A little tough. Raw snap peas ....? Service friendly. Server forgot bread, and coffee. Ravioli was Luke warm. Room for improvementSpecial Features:
- DeliciousKPgirlDined on 7/11/2014The food was well prepared and fresh. Large portions. My only regret is that we did not have room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good fooderm2559Dined on 7/10/2014Good food and good service. I would go back to to this place the pasta was great!Special Features:
- The following 283 reviews are from the Sausalido - Pittsburgh reviews archive.
- YummyDined on 6/17/2014My husband and I like Saucelido. We can always count on finding finding something we like on the menu, and the ingredients are fresh and wholesome. The duck is outstanding, and their crab cakes are also very good. On this visit I decided to order two starters instead of an entree - mussels and spinach-quinoa cakes with corn. The mussels were first rate, some of the largest I've ever had; the spinach cakes, all right but bland, could have used more seasoning for oomph though the corn was quite spicy. The portions were so generous that I took home enough for a lunch of each dish. My husband's trout was also bland. Was the chef sparing on seasonings that day?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service lackingcarrie29Dined on 6/14/2014Our second visit to Sausalido in recent months - we brought a friend for a birthday dinner with her husband. We were all very pleased with everything we ordered and brought along some wonderful wines to enjoy but the service was really lacking and took away from the meal. Dishes not cleared, incorrect descriptions of menu items, and just what seemed like a general confusion by our waiter really detracted from the evening. It was a busy night, and the wait staff has a lot to do including plating salads and desserts. Maybe it is too much to handle? We like the food but I wish the service was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We really didn't like it at allHate2BHaterDined on 6/12/2014Don't get tricked by the fancy name, there is literally nothing fancy about this restaurant. Unfortunately I am not able to say anything positive about this place. The thing that struck me most was the ambiance. It looked very much like a dive bar, nothing was outstanding, dirty or odl tiles allover, most of the tables were small without a table cloth and literally no matter which table you have you are going to be sitting in the aisle, except for the window tables, which are two in total and always occupied. The smell at the place was kind of stale. The service was borderline rude, because we have requested a window table which was available. We had a reservation, but they still didn't want to sit us on the available window table.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/12/2014Classic dishes, well prepared, generous portions. Service friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Wonderful mealtdandjjcVIPDined on 6/7/2014Outstanding food. Everything is very fresh and flavorful, plus BYOB makes it an excellent spot for a intimate dinner or for a large group. Pork chop was huge, juicy and served with a very tasty potato side. Sat outside on a beautiful night, and enjoyed the eclectic parade of friendly passer-byers. Ed was a very attentive and well informed server with an great personality!Special Features:
- DisappointingSteveKVIPDined on 6/7/2014I was in Pittsburgh to visit family, and decided to talk two sisters and their husbands to dinner. I used Google to find the "best BYOBs in Pittsburgh," and Sausalido was high on the list. I was disappointed on almost every front. The appetizers were on the whole good. The smoked gouda with pesto was excellent, as were the meatballs. Three of the six of us had the Tilapia, which everyone praised. My sister had the risotto special of the day, which was average. My other sister and I had the duck breast. The duck itself was OK, but it arrived on a strange bed of corn, potatoes and scallions. They were out of one of the three desserts on the menu, and could only deliver one of the two ordered. Our waiter John did the best he could.
- Another Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/24/2014Thanks to Nick and his staff for another enjoyable meal! A great restaurant that always has modern Italian charm and great food!Special Features:
- will return againmoovieloverVIPDined on 5/24/2014One of our favorite local eateries in the burgh. The arugala salad was delicious as was my wife's east coast ceasar. The chefs special fish of the day (trout) was also wonderful.Special Features:
- TheDukeofFoodDined on 5/23/2014Food is always great as is the service. Love that its a BYOB so they have to focus on the food. They were great at keeping my credit card safe since I forgot it and had to go pick it up the next day. lolSpecial Features:
- Food was very good, not quite greatLovemygooglemapsappDined on 5/21/2014I ordered the salmon and quinoa, it was very very good. The bean spread that comes with the bread is fantastic. The salad was also very good, great vinaigrette dressing. The noise level was a little too much though. I had a hard time carrying on a conversation and I was eager to leave when we were finished. The service was fair, not bad but not great either. I would definitely recommend Sausolido if you're in the area but I took a special trip to get there, I don't think it was really worth going out of my way for. It was also pretty pricey...the food was worth paying that kind of price for but the atmosphere was not. I think Sausolido could be a much better restaurant if they would invest in the atmosphere and noise control a little more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in BloomfieldSmh1018Dined on 5/20/2014Sausalido definitely takes the top spot for best dinner in Bloomfield. It is a small space and can feel crowded, but food is very good and we all had a great time.Special Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014Amazing food, great service, server had excellent sense of humor, very baby friendly with an 8-month-old. The portions were huge and everything was just fantastic!Special Features:
- Great dining experiencefourdinersDined on 5/16/2014Food was very good, the duck was amazing, crab cakes were really crabby. Appetizers were unique and very good.Special Features:
- just okqueenlinDined on 5/14/2014This is my second visit. I had Marlin it was overcooked and dry. Husband had pork chop it was also very dry. chicken seemed to be best meal, one person had strip steak and said it was tough. On the positive side large portions, great presentation. Last visit (last year food much better). We were the only people in the restaurant, it was a Wednesday. Will not go back again.Special Features:
- One of our favoriteshoosierbuddyVIPDined on 5/7/2014I had the pork chop on my very first visit to this restaurant years ago and decided to try it again; this time, they paired it with some German potato salad and it was fantastic. My wife usually swears by the salmon, but this time opted for the duck; she was delighted -- tender, moist, succulent. We always enjoy this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SgbennDined on 5/3/2014Service was slow but food was good. Would recommend if you have a lot of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014This was our third time dining here. As always, the food and service was excellent! This is becoming our favorite Italian restaurant in Pittsburgh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie HeavensidouxDined on 5/2/2014Sausalido is a small neighborhood restaurant with a chef dedicated to seasonally fresh tasty combinations. There is not an item on the menu that isn't spectacular. The flavors are artfully combined to create superb bite after bite. Be sure to try the daily risotto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.