437 N. Dollarton Hwy
North Vancouver, BC v7g 1m9Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.saucisserestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7783401919
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Sunday
Brunch 11am - 5pm
Dinner 5pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, French, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Perienne Sadler
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a full range of off-site catering, from executive to full service event catering. All menus are custom designed with our chef to bring your event to life.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 7783401919
- Special Events: Wine Tastings, Farm to Table dinners, Tasting menu's and so much more!
- Cross Street: Dollarton Hwy and Dollar Road
- Public Transit: There is a bus stop directly adjacent to the restaurant at Dollarton Highway and Dollar Road, as well as directly across the parking lot on Dollarton Highway
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is always available steps away in a large lot directly adjacent to the restaurant.
A word from Saucisse Restaurant
Built to meet the overwhelming needs of the vibrant waterfront community of North Vancouver, Saucisse is modern, fresh, and sexy with an intimate dining room, lounge and bar. An inspired wine list compliments the upscale dishes and a rotating feature of seasonal and local BC brewed craft beer on tap makes Saucisse the perfect location for dinner, tapas, and so much more. Featuring inspired and updated, protein forward, light French Cuisine seven nights a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Saucisse Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Our experienceDuffDined on 5/23/2013Night out with old friends. Restaurant was not busy, so it was not very noisy...good Nice server....but took too long to get apps, especially in a quite restaurant Wine list poor...out of many menu items Main course was just ok Too expensive for food quality and slow service Not very likely to return
- Overall a disappointing experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2013Overall a disappointing experience. Steaks were thin and tough, all meals were served without vegetables and when they arrived there were not enough for all to have some. Service was slow and not well spaced. Highlight of the meal was the onion soup.
- Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Saucisse did a fairly nice job. Food was tasty, but with downtown french restaurant prices, but no ambience to match. Poor taste in music (rock - which is my music of choice, but not with a french restaurant) The decor starts with an eye-catching chandelier at the front, but the ambience does not carry through the rest of the space. Nice note - they gave each mother a flower at the end of the meal, which was a special touch.
- A real little gem tucked away...foohattythecatDined on 5/12/2013A real little gem tucked away...food & service was excellent....very accommodating to every whim....being such a small place the background music sound was at a minimal, so it was easy to have a conversation at your own table....being that it is such a small restaurant the tables are a tad close but cozy, just hope that you like your neighbors.....I would definitely go back....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!birthdaygirlDined on 5/12/2013Perfect little restaurant in the deep cove area. Smaller than what we expected but worth going to. Looking forward to trying the take out menu!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The four of us all had greatBigAlDined on 5/11/2013The four of us all had great meals, appetizers and entrees were excellent. Wine was good and not over priced. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Food was disappointingshanieDined on 4/27/2013We have been there before & liked it so decided to go back. My husband ordered the new york steak & found it disappointing. it was thin & tough, I ordered Gnocchi and ask for no butter but though it may have been less butter than normally served it was still very greasy & loaded with salt. The service was good & we do enjoy the intimate atmosphere but the food really did put us off this restaurant, not sure if we will go back. Too bad because it is in our neighborhood.Special Features:
- This is a great neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013This is a great neighborhood secret. Not sure I want to leak it but I love to see businesses survive so spread the word. The service was great service staff were helpful and informed. We will be back with friends.Special Features:
- Food was excellent, we allOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2013Food was excellent, we all had different menu and tasted everything and enjoyed the offerings. Vine list is adequate. I was taken back by the price of cocktail 11$ for Cezar in this mall location it is a little over the top. The place was fairly full ,but there was only one server being overwhelmed.Special Features:
- Went on Tuesday night -TappasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/16/2013Went on Tuesday night -Tappas night. Very enjoyable. Good ambience, good food, great service . Too bad the restaurant wasn't busier.Special Features:
- The service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2013The service was excellent and we found the staff were very personable. We thought the decor was very stylish. Also, the food was delicious - I enjoyed all the vegetables in my meal. More selection for salad appetizers would be nice. I would recommend this restaurant to someone looking for a high quality dinner in the neighbourhood.Special Features:
- Great French on the North ShoreClandrockDined on 4/4/2013Took my wife here for our anniversary based on a recommendation from some friends in Deep Cove. Great French food with local twists. The owner/chef came out say hello and gave us some champagne on the house to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:
- 3 for 3 at Le Saucisse!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/3/2013The service was fine. Only two people manning the bar and 8 tables. We were in no hurry to get out of there, the decor is wonderful. They did such a great job of transforming a bakery into an interesting and beautiful restaurant space. I love the pig logo and the chandeliers. We started with the house made sausage plate. Every sausage was excellent and they were paired with great sauces. I had baked French onion soup which was delicious! For dinner we had the crab cakes, New York steak and fries and a lobster tail. Everything was excellent. The steak was cooked to perfection and carried so much flavor, the lobster was outstanding as well and was so fresh. For dessert we had a hazelnut and fit créme brulé and a trio of chocolate. Amazing!Special Features:
- Overall our dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2013Overall our dining experience was good. The restaurant is small and the proximity to other diners is a little close. Conversations are easily heard. The food was good. The appetizer sausages were extremely good paired with the sauces. I had the Lamb Shank which was very tender but in my opinion it could have used a little more seasoning. My wife had the Briosche sandwich that she found to be very good.Special Features:
- Servers Need TrainingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013Several days in advance, I wanted to reserve a table for 7 p.m. but the only times available were 6:15 or 7:45, so I chose 6:15. When we arrived, restaurant was practically empty, and remained that way for a long time. I put in a request for a candle to be placed on my dinner companion's dessert, as this was a birthday celebration. I also toasted my companion a happy birthday in front of our server as a gentle reminder of my request. The dessert arrived with no candle. My companion chose a wine that was offered by the glass, which they were out of, so they offered an alternative, which they did not tell us was a much higher price than the first one.Our meal was very good, but the overall experience was ruined by the time the bill came.Special Features:
- One of the best restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/15/2013One of the best restaurants that the North Shore has. Want to try everything on the menu. Flavours are amazing.Special Features:
- Saucusse for DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/2/2013You may follow Saucisse on Twitter @SaucisseRestaur which is a good way to learn of specials and menu changes. They're based in a little shopping mall on Dollarton Highway in North Vancouver which masks their charm and cuisine. (Normally something this special would be in it's own building it seems). They're open from 5pm until late which means they're dinner only but it was worth the visit. Saucisse is proud of their home made sausages and cured meats - this is not really a place for vegetarians. Everything we tried was very emjoyable and I'd happily recommend them whole heartedly. Quite a little gem in North Vancouver despite the unlikely location. Well done.Special Features:
- A swing and a miss!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/2/2013Perhaps my expectations were too high for a new neighbourhood restaurant. I had hoped that the food and service would override the horrible strip-mall location but unfortunately that wasn't the case. We started with a charcuterie plate which boasted some thinly sliced salami, a bland pate, some salmon in a ramekin, a handful of olives and some slices of pickled carrots? Not for foodies. The seafood croquettes were excellent and the homemade sausages were very tasty. What was left of the false french pretentiousness was crushed when the owner or manager walked through the front door, walked into the kitchen and with expletives berated the staff for having the music too low, turned up the music and then walked back outside without even
- Great food, some small kinksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2013Food was great, but the servers and dining setup seemed a little inexperienced. Some small tweaks would have been great, such as: - Having a small plate for your bread is pretty standard. Not sure why they don't. - When serving something like mussels or ribs, a lemon juice water bowl for cleaning your fingers is very appreciated. Look into adding this. - We ordered what we thought was an appetizer special, but it was a main. As a server, you may have wanted to mention this. - The coupons that they sold under their previous business name have new limitations applied to them, such as not being able to be used on a Friday or Saturday. Their website doesn't say this anywhere.Special Features:
- The white wine was not chilledOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/1/2013The white wine was not chilled enough. The food was good but I didn't like the french fries served with the steak. Overall it was pleasant and good enough food.Special Features:
- This lovely restaurant isOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/28/2013This lovely restaurant is tucked away in Dollarton Plaza in North Vancouver just a few steps from Cates Park. It is a great, central location and spoils residents in the Mt. Seymour, Deep Cove area with a new fine dining establishment, and there is a ton of free parking. The decor is lovely and intimate and the staff are so nice that you want them to join your table. The food is amazing from their appetizers to desserts. There is something for everyone from the meat eater to the vegetarian. Nothing is over salted and they cater to your specific needs. Pricing is reasonable and they have a great wine and beer selection. I have dined there a few times now and will be returning soon.Special Features:
- Great to have another reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/25/2013Great to have another really good restaurant in Deep Cove!Special Features:
- Great to have you in our neighbouhoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2013Great to have you in our neighbouhood. We have enjoyed it several times since you opened. We love the intimate setting. We will most certainly be back!Special Features:
- Their sausages were excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013Their sausages were excellent and flavorful, unfortunately the rest of our meals were a let down. The prawn and lobster croquette was more of a potato croquette (my husband had half of mine and didn't realize it wasn't a potato cake). I found one piece of prawn and the rest just tasted like bland potato. My husband had the Sausage and lentil main course - again, the sausage was nice but the rest of the plate was extremely bland. The same applied to my roast chicken - only the chicken was also bland and uninspiring. No seasoning detectable and, while the ingredients may be fresh and of good quality, flavor was completely missing from the plate. We left our dinner half eaten. Nice service but we wouldn't come back.
- Dinner with my SweetheartDnalecDined on 2/14/2013Took my sweetheart to this restaurant on Valentines Day. The restaurant itself is situated in a neighbourhood strip mall so no view and they have to rely on the decor to inspire the patrons, it was not awe inspiring but pleasant. The cost of the special menu was $75 for 6 courses, a glass of sparkingly wine, nice wine I might add. The food, as you would expect based on the price was very good, the portions on the other hand were very small, we left somewhat satisfied and neither of us are big eaters. Service was great. All in, the cost exceeded $200.00 once we added a glass of wine each, tax and tip. While we enjoyed the foodie experience we likely won't go back because of the price. Ala carte prices would not lower the cost much.Special Features:
- Cute little gem of a restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/13/2013Cute little gem of a restaurant in the most unlikely of places - a strip mall in the Cove. Specialty is cured meats/charcuterie and extra-long-aged beef. We shared an appetizer platter of various home-made sausages with condiments, followed by aged steaks and frites. All were absolutely fantastic! $20 corkage for byob. Very friendly, knowledgeable staff. Only criticism - my wife wished the butter was a little softer (haha!). Definitely will go back.Places like this are few and far between on the N Shore, and greatly appreciated.Special Features:
- My friend and I enjoyed brunchBlueyDined on 2/2/2013My friend and I enjoyed brunch and lunch at this small restaurant, the food was delicious and although it was not that busy at 1.30 pm the server was very helpful and they even had soy milk for my friend's coffee (which is a rarity) as she is lactose intollerant. Will definately be going back to try dinner there. As the name indicates they have quite a few amazing sausages on the menu!Special Features:
- Have been to the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2013Have been to the restaurant twice and both times have had excellent food and service. It always seems to be busy on weekends especially - reservation recommended.Special Features:
- Great food but expensive & crampedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013The tables need more space or reconfiguring.... I realize you are trying to pack as many people in as possible but no one wants to pay those prices to sit in someone else's lap.... One suggestion is to make some of the two chair tables into four chair by putting them together and put up some privacy screens.....not sure where else you can find the space without knocking out a wall or moving to the Arm's Reach... Too bad because the food and service is great if too pricey except for very special occasions.... I would return to the more reasonably priced Japanese place next door many times before returning here.Special Features:
- Deep Cove GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/30/2013The food at Saucisse is fantastic. Kyle Wainwright, Chef de Cuisine, has created the perfect menu - marrying fresh, seasonal ingredients with a creative take on traditional french bistro fare. The beet and goat cheese parfait was genius! A great addition to Deep Cove.Special Features:
- Food was pretty good but overOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/29/2013Food was pretty good but over priced for wat you get wine way to expensive
- Saucisse is a winner!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/28/2013I have dined at Saucisse several times now. It is a wonderful addition to the North Shore. I really enjoy the elegant but casual dining feeling of this restaurant. The delicious food and friendly service has been consistently great.Special Features:
- Went for Dine Out and willOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2013Went for Dine Out and will certainly be back. I had the filet of beef and it was cooked perfectly. It was served on a lovely potato tart that was flavourful and cooked to fork tender, the whole dish was beautifully plated and delicious. Great waiter!Special Features:
- This is a hidden gem I wishOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/26/2013This is a hidden gem I wish was in my neighborhood!!!! The service was outstanding (4 servers for 30 seat capacity is unheard of these days!!). The food was delicious (beef tenderloin with mushroom truffle amazing!)and our server recommended a lovely bottle of wine to accompany our meal. Never been to Saucisse before but will return again and have been recommending it to all our friends.Special Features:
- Staff were friendly and efficient;OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/26/2013Staff were friendly and efficient; acknowledged our need to be 'on our way' to a musical event after dinner. Too bad we couldn't linger, actually. I thought the recorded music (CDs?) was a bit overpowering given the size the restaurant.Special Features:
- Anticipated, but quite a let-downOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/26/2013A much anticipated reservation was made for this restaurant. We were sadly let down. Service was friendly and attentive though. Food was very mediocre, and my plate was even taken away before I was finished. (Not due to table turnover, as it was not a busy nite and no-one came in afterwards) My husband ordered is steak "blu" - in a french restaurant this should be fine, but it showed up medium rare. He ordered one glass of wine from the wine pairings they had, it showed up on the bill for a pricey $18. At this price it would have been nice to have been informed so he could decide if he would actually spend that on one glass of wine. My seafood entree was nice, but it was unfortunate that i was not allowed to finish it.
- We were pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013We were pleasantly surprised with the good service and food at Saucisse. It is also happily in our neighbourhood and and the parking is free and there is lots of it.... what more could one want.We all had something different from the Dine Out Vancouver Menu (3 or us) and we were all impressed with the quality of the food served. Quantity was just right to be able to manage 3 courses. Service was attentive and the wine list was sufficient but will hopefully get more scope over time. Thank you for this much needed addition to East Seymour!Special Features:
- We went for Dine Out Vancouver.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/24/2013We went for Dine Out Vancouver. The goat cheese salad was to die for, beef tenderloin cooked to perfection and yummy desserts. We will return.Special Features:
- Somebody screwed up on theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/22/2013Somebody screwed up on the reservation, probably me. I wanted it for Friday the 25th but the confirmation said Tuesday the 22nd. I hadn't read it carefully. It ended well though. They very graciously let us sit at the bar, which turned out to be fun. We could watch the "action" and more easily talk to each other than than we could have across a table. Food was great, especially the duck confit sous vide.Special Features:
- An enjoyable evening at Saucisse!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/21/2013An enjoyable evening at Saucisse! We went on a Monday evening, so we expected the restaurant to be quiet. The ambiance was wonderful, our waiter prompt and friendly, and the food ... délicieux, comme d'habitude! Worth trying!Special Features: