Sauciety - The Westin Washington National Harbor
171 Waterfront St
National Harbor, MD 20745Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Sauciety - The Westin Washington National Harbor
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/dining/index.html?propertyID=3027
- Phone: 3015673999x7002
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am- 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef George Fassiadis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Book your next event in one of our private dining areas for a renewing experience your guests will enjoy. All events will have a unique view overlooking the Potomac River. We specialize in semi-private and private parties of any size ranging from 10-140 people.
- Public Transit: Green Line to Branch Ave and the NH1 Bus to National Harbor
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking at the Mariner Garage, directly across the street from The Westin Washington National Harbor, is available with rates of $2.00 for the first hour and $3.00 for 1-3 hours. There is also limited street parking. Valet at the Westin for $20.
A word from Sauciety - The Westin Washington National Harbor
Join us for a gratifying "Eat Well" experience at Sauciety. Enjoy a revival of familiar and regional cuisine. Food meticulously and carefully prepared with focus on pairing Superfoods to promote Wellness and Healthy Living. At Sauciety we believe wholesome, comforting, and tasty food is the new Modern.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Sauciety - The Westin Washington National Harbor - Best Restaurants in National Harbor ›
Sauciety - The Westin Washington National Harbor reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (19)neighborhood gem (11)special occasion (9)great for lunch (9)good for groups (8)great for brunch (3)fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good food,more $$$ than expectedvaldinesDined on 8/23/2014The menu is not expansive, but that can be a good thing since it's not overwhelming and that usually assures the freshness of the ingredients and that the plates that they do have are done well. The plates that we had were all good and the portions appropriate. The menu I found to be seafood oriented, with a couple of good steaks(maybe,we didn't have them)I did find it a bit overpriced,especially for the type of cuisine that it is.It is upscale American fare, but a $30 plate of pasta is kind of over what I would be looking to pay.I do think that this is mainly due to the location and view.It has an amazing view of the National Harbor's waterfront,with floor to the second floor ceiling windows.Special Features:
- A new favorite!Rh1968Dined on 8/15/2014My wife and I truly enjoyed our experience. The food and drinks were great and the staff was kind and attentive. I will definitely return!Special Features:
- SaucietyMoToYouVIPDined on 8/9/2014This is a reliable hotel restaurant in a touristy area. Nothing groundbreaking on the menu, but food is reliably good and there's a nice view of the water.Special Features:
- Would not go backfoodie332Dined on 8/9/2014Floating stuff in our waters.... twice. Appetizers were very good as well as their bread and pesto. The entrees were lacking a lot, too much to mention and the dessert was unforgettable.
- LruthVIPDined on 6/28/2014The menu was creative and interesting; food excellent; service very fine. We had a very friendly and professional server. Sunset was also a plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- emptyowls10Dined on 6/19/2014This was recommended for the view, which is good. The place was a ghost town for a midweek lunch.Special Features:
- Hoooooo boy!OmnivoresDilemmaVIPDined on 6/15/2014The menu looked interesting & the setting is attractive, but it was not a good experience. Our server took our orders pretty quickly, but we then waited a long time for the food. My (lukewarm) coffee came out a good 10 minutes after I ordered. When the food arrived, all 3 orders were wrong. A medium steak came out well done. A tuna burger described as served on mixed greens with grilled onion relish came out on a bun with lettuce, tomato and tartar sauce. A medium burger came out well done with a side of cold fries. The "replacement" burger was the same burger that had been sent back to the kitchen, apparently warmed up. A side dish of fruit cost $10. The manager removed the charge for the burger, but could have done more. Not worth it.Special Features:
- Great for Working LunchessusanDined on 6/10/2014Perfect place to take clients for a working lunch. We have added it to our list of favorites. Great food, excellent service!Special Features:
- The following 332 reviews are from the Sauciety - The Westin Washington National Harbor reviews archive.
- Not so hotnikindcDined on 5/18/2014Hardly anyone there And slow service. Food delivered individually. Waited 10 minutes for mom to finally get her food. Servers need more training. Kitchen too to get food out at once.Special Features:
- mother's dayqueendreDined on 5/11/2014this experience was above average. it is a beautiful restaurant and the view is fantastic. the food, for what we paid, was good but not exquisite. also, the service was slow and poor. we had to ask to have our dirty plates/glasses removed from the table several times even though it was not that busy. even though i love the location, would probably not dine here again.Special Features:
- PinkyDined on 5/11/2014Great Mother's Day brunch. Food and service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very SlowivygaloreDined on 5/11/2014the title says it all. the food was okay. everything required extra salt, except the pancakes -which were delicious!Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014Amazing place! Great food and the service was exceptional! Its become difficult to find such great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and poor qualityTheSchmoopsDined on 4/19/2014We came to Sauciety on a Saturday night - the restaurant was empty although National Harbor was very busy. We had to send our drinks back twice and appetizer (mussels in white wine sauce) were very poor. I would not recommend for any situation - very disappointing. Our server was nice, but that didn't make up for the lack of decent food & drink!
- Good Brunch optionMBrad2LDined on 3/2/2014We couldn't find a place in Old Town, VA, where our church is located, to eat brunch after early service. Sauciety was open and had reservations available. We were very pleased with the brunch options -- they had waffles, pancakes (a must for my 3 year old daughter), and eggs Chesapeake. They also served bellinis (although they were oddly not listed on the menu). The service wasn't stellar -- we had to wait for some time before our server acknowledged us -- but it wasn't bad. The woman at the service booth wasn't very friendly -- I didn't see her smile once. But those things aside, we will likely dine at this restaurant again for brunch and may even try it out for dinner one night.Special Features:
- one of the best @ National HarborDamoDined on 2/25/2014This is one of the best kept secrets at National Harbor. I do not usually book gatherings at a hotel restaurant, but I have had my mind changed. I need a reservation at a particular time on a Tuesday night , and both my first and second choice at NH were booked. I decided to take a chance with Sauciety and I was very impressed. I will honestly say that Sauciety has moved up my list. Great food and the best view for dinner in the Harbor. What a great experienceSpecial Features:
- I want a refund...SOFASLEPTDined on 2/14/2014I made reservations on Valentines for my wife and myself.. The dinner was well over $100.oo. I wish we had gone elsewhere. It took 45 minutes to get served our meal. My wife was very upset and you can guess how my night was. Alone on the sofa..
- Great service, food and viewJessiebVIPDined on 2/11/2014Overall thus was a great experience for our group of 11!! Fresh, healthy entrees, wonderful servers and a great view of the harbor. I'd highly recommend it!Special Features:
- It couldnt get any better!wilbertpDined on 2/1/2014The night was wonderful the staff was AMAZING. They made us feel like royalty the whole night. Please treat yourself or a loved one...Trust me. Thanks Guys for everthing:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet but the food is very good....OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/31/2014There was only one other party in the dining room so the large room felt very empty. This allowed the two waiters to be very attentive and when our dinner was served, we were pleasantly surprised at how good it was. Warm rtoasted garlic bread with a pesto dipping sauce was brought to our table while we looked at the menu. My son had a thick cut pork chop and I had the swordfish both grilled perfectly and very moist. Generous portions of sides were served---garlic mashed potato with the chop and fried rice with the fish. We would recommend dining here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks!HjohnsDined on 1/1/2014Excellent service. The food was good but the ambiance was perfect for me and my son who was home on break from college. Our first trip to the National Harbor area and it won't be our last. Thanks, Westin!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Hidden Gem!TheParkersDined on 12/31/2013My husband and I dined here for NYE 2014. We received excellent customer service from our waitress, Mirna. At first I was upset because I wanted to order from the original menu that's posted on their website but they had a special menu for NYE. My husband and I were about to leave but Mirna went the extra mile to bring us a different menu from the bar. After talking more, we decided to stay and order from the NYE menu. The food was wonderfully, delicious and the customer service was outstanding! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sauciety New Year dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013For New Year dinner we had a fixed Three course meal menu with three items each course to choose from. It was ok, nothing special. We were seated near a outside foot do we had a chilly wind every few minutes. All in all I would not go back.
- Xmas menu was excellant, foodtinacDined on 12/25/2013Xmas menu was excellant, food and wine were great; view of Potomac was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I thought the price fixedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2013I thought the price fixed menu was overpriced. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From NY visiting AlexandriaMailhelpersDined on 12/20/2013From NY visiting Alexandria VA. Had dinner at Sauciety last year. Made a special family trip to Sauciety this year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view.....but that is allShelliVIPDined on 12/15/2013Nice view, but overall the service was not good. I arrived 10 minutes early for our reservation, and before the rest of my party. I mentioned that I had a reservation. The hostess looked annoyed from the moment I approached the stand. She also said she couldn't seat me until the entire party arrived, and that they were "changing over" so it would be a few minutes anyway. She pointed to the waiting area. There were plenty of empty tables, though. Our waiter was good (Taneisha), and truthfully she is the only reason we had an OK brunch. The hostess/manager didn't seem too happy the entire time we were there. Food was OK - but not great. Again, the view is nice.
- Disappointing ExperienceWillimVIPDined on 12/15/2013The 'Hostess' was rude and totally devoid of any semblance of graciousness. The waiter was excellent and provided exceptional service. Bloody Mary was good quality. Two of us had the trio of Eggs Benedict, which arrived cold with eggs hard boiled, rather than hot and runny. Curiously, what passed for Hollandaise sauce (poor quality) came on the side in a small container adequate for only half of the trio of muffins. The English muffins were not toasted or heated. One diner had the Steak Sandwich; another had the Crabcake sandwich; both were satisfactory. The French Fries looked good but did not arrive hot. Indeed, nothing was hot that should have been. Bottom line: Sunday Brunch at Sauciety is NOT recommended.
- perfectioncharter1Dined on 11/28/2013We booked Thanksgiving dinner at the restaurant. . upon arrival everything was set beautifully to perfection and was set to accommodate our large party with plenty of room to spare. . the servers treated is like guests of honor and the food was served in an excellent presentation and was EXCELLENT! In a group of hard to please. . everyone left beyond satisfied! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure if I went on a bad dayOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/17/2013Went for a late Sunday brunch around 1pm with my parents that stayed at Nat'l Harbor. Was expecting a lot more, given the high reviews. Service was slow, but I can forgive that given that there didn't seem to be many staff still working bit backwards from DC where that hour is busy eggs benedict with a side of breakfast potatoes, which had no hollandaise sauce; it was super bland, with the canadian bacon being nearly inedible. The potatoes were ok. Grits (which came out cold & to much garlic) and french toast which was fine. Omelet - nothing special, came out behind the other food, and cold despite the delay. A chicken parm sandwich was ok, so maybe it's just the brunch food that's not good. Overall, wouldn't recommend for brunch at all.
- Good food, but at too long a waitCourtneyVIPDined on 11/16/2013The food was good, but would have been a lot more enjoyable had it not taken an hour to come out. Literally, it was an hour before our entrees arrived, and we ended up being 15 minutes late to our show (Cavalia) as a result. We couldn't enjoy our food because we needed to stuff ourselves as fast as possible. The wait staff was very nice and apologetic, but I will not return because of that experience.
- Great view, great food, empty placeElleDined on 10/26/2013Food was excellent! We got the 3 course price fixe and the chef was even willing to substitute the main entree for the special catch. Our server was attentive, but would disappear for long periods of time. The restaurant was literally empty - We just couldn't understand why! Restaurant was right on the water with gorgeous views. While the restaurant is called Sauceiety, they don't focus on sauces anymore? Odd. We asked the server about the "Sauces" and if sauces came with our meal... He hesitated and seemed confused, but then brought out 3 dipping sauces, which were tasty. We would return, but suggest the restaurant figure out its identity -- are you serving sauces with meals or are you just called Sauciety for no good reason?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful BrunchMarine782VIPDined on 10/20/2013Staying at hotel and local family joined us for brunch. Excellent food with great choices and great kid's menu. Service was professional, friendly and attentive. I had a delicious shrimp and crab omelet that was fantastic. Grandson enjoyed his french toast and remainder of family all had steak salad which was wonderful. Great coffee also. This is one of the better hotel restaurants I have eaten at and because I travel a lot I eat at a lot of hotels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, excellent serviceLongtimeLocalDined on 10/19/2013Worth a visit. Excellent views of the harbor as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealMarine782VIPDined on 10/18/2013Enjoyed a good family meal. The steak salad, salmon and pasta with shrimp were well prepared and declicious. The bread pudding is a great dessert. The service was superb. This is a great hotel restaurant. I stay here whenever I am in the Washington, DC area. Great location and great service.Special Features:
- Great Ambiance, OK FoodsamrklevyDined on 10/13/2013I met a friend here for brunch. The hostess was less than enthusiastic when I arrived, but our server was very nice and attentive. The decor is very modern and has grand windows facing the Marina at the National Harbor. It was a lovely way to spend a Sunday brunch. My girl friend got a crab cake and I chose a burger and we had no complaints about our meal. Food was fine, just nothing to brag about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place deserves more businessJaguar1Dined on 10/9/2013I had the restaurant to myself on a recent Wednesday evening, which was great for my party (the service was outstanding) but unfortunate for the staff. It was an ugly, rainy night during the shutdown and we were told that more meals was being ordered for room service than at the restaurant. Food was very good; especially the lobster and bacon sliders and Moroccan lamb chops. The wine list had a lot to be desired, however. A small selection of very pedestrian wines. The ambiance is a little cavernous, but probably made more so by the lack of other diners. Definitely recommended for an evening at National Harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunch with a viewSukki10Dined on 8/25/2013We met as a group and had a nice table, good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Empty, but surprisingly delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2013When we arrived we were skeptical because there was only one other table of people dining in the restaurant. Fortunately that made the two servers on staff really attentitive. Menu was slightly limited, heavy with fish dishes. My girlfriend got the vegetable Napoleon and said it was amazing. Well seasoned and expertly grilled. I had the grilled samon and it was cooked perfectly , not dry, well seasoned. It was really enjoyable despite the emptyness of the restaurant, and it would have to say it is one of the only "fine dining" establishments outside of the Gaylord convention center in National Harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Riverside FireworksRaysRemarksDined on 8/3/2013Very nice restaurant in the Westin hotel at National Harbor. Really nice view of the river and we had an excellent table for the fireworks that go off every Saturday evening during the summer. Waiter was very helpful and knowledgeable about the menu. Would have had a higher rating for Ambience but there was a noisy birthday party there at the same time as well as a VERY noisy child at the table next to ours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.