Sauced BBQ & Spirits
2300 First Street
Livermore, CA 94550Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Sauced BBQ & Spirits
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.saucedbbqandspirits.com/
- Phone: 9259611300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Su-Th 4:00pm-11:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-12:00am
Brunch: Sa-Su 8:30am-11:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Brenden Scanlan (Pitmaster)
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: Sauced has several different options for your next party. We can optimize the seating to meet your needs, and we can customize a menu that will be perfect for your next get-together.
- Private Party Contact: Barrett Gomes 9259611300
- Entertainment: Sauced has Live Entertainment every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night starting at 9:00PM. Live Music Happy Hour Tuesday through Friday, starting at 4PM. We also have 20 flat screen TVs up to 120" for all the sports fans out there. Come join us Saturday, Sunday, and Monday for all the BEST games!
A word from Sauced BBQ & Spirits
Sauced BBQ & Spirits is located in downtown Livermore, CA and we serve up the best BBQ in the area. Our "Saucy" ribs, smoked wings and deep fried Oreos are a special treat that no other BBQ joint can compete with. We smoke all of our meat with apple and hickory wood. A perfect complement to our BBQ is our large selection of whiskies including seven different options on tap and a hundred total whiskeys ranging from Tennessee, Bourbon, Rye, Corn, Canadian, Irish and Scotch. Sauced BBQ & Spirits can mix you up the perfect Southern cocktail (try the Watermelon Moonshine or the Bacon Old Fashioned) and offers a large selection of beer and wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sauced BBQ & Spirits reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great BBQ!! average serviceMrMickDogDined on 7/7/2013Here's the pecking order at Sauced: #1 - Burn't Ends (these are the bomb! Tender, juicy, flavorful!) #2 - Spare Ribs (my friend had this and Mmmm... fall off the bone good!) #3 - Pulled Pork (very unique flavor with a slight vinegar taste to it!) I had this and BE and loved it! #4 - Brisket (this is pretty much a disappointment; dry and lackluster. Too bad cuz I generally love brisket. Great cornbread too! The only other disappointment was the service. Took a while to get our order going and once the food was delivered, we never saw her until she delivered the bill. No refills, no "how is your food?"... Yes, they were busy, but that's no excuse.Special Features:
- Good Food and Loud MusicJesseVIPDined on 7/4/2013The food here was really good. We had burgers and ribs, which were definitely very tasty. The only thing was that they had a live band (which is usually awesome) but it was extremely loud and it did not seem like anybody, except for the inebriated few dancing and singing along, enjoyed the loud music. I had to scream at the person sitting right next to me in order for them to hear me. Hopefully the restaurant paid some credence to the lack of enjoyment of the loud music by the patrons. Other than that this is a nice place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May or may not go backHipcheckDined on 7/3/2013The food is good, but the service was bad. As a retired chef I can say that the food was good and their Sauces are really good, and a variety for everyone's palate. Unfortunately the service was very slow, and the dining room wasn't that busy. This was our fourth time visiting and I would have to say the one time my wife and I sat in the bar was the best service we had. Sitting in the dining area leaves us with very little desire to return. I will explorer other options before returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BBQMrsCsechDined on 6/23/2013Good was good. Love the burgers and Mac and Cheese. My son always enjoy the brisket and links. The Pulled Pork Nachos are awesome and my hubby orders them every time. We recommend Sauced. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/16/2013The food is great here, get the burnt ends if they have them! Also the squash casserole and fried Oreos are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Success causin greedBBQManDined on 6/16/2013Been to Sauced twice. First time in April 2013 - food is good, drinks are expensive. 2nd time on Father's Day. Both times tables in dining area way too tight. Waiters and people trying to move between tables rub other patrons trying to eat. Narrower tables or fewer would create a better dining experience. No Chicken and limited ribs during our 2nd visit and we had 5PM reservations - couldn't imagine what took place later in the day. Waiters are always apologetic and polite - work hard. Come on management - help them out by solving the above. Do not plan to return until the above is solved.
- First timeFirst1Dined on 6/16/2013We came here with family coming from different locations for Father's Day. It was highly recommended by a family member so we took our chances. This was our first time here. The food was good. They were able to accommodate our group of 12. This would have been a better review but had poor service. They forgot my brother's meal so had to wait longer. Also would recommend more waiters for a large party. We basically had one plus helpers to serve drinks. Also our waiter looked like he was not that attentive & had his mind elsewhere. We def didn't get his service with a smile. When some of our drinks arrived with another waiter, he literally threw our straws on the table and said "Here you go!". We may return but only as take out.Special Features:
- Will be returning!Nsilva4Dined on 6/2/2013Great place! Great food! Great service! Very kid-friendly. A little pricey but WELL worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sauced rocks!CDBSBDined on 5/25/2013I went to Sauced with my wife to celebrate my birthday and once again had a great time. Great food, great atmosphere, great service. This is NOT a place for a quiet, romantic dinner. This is the sort of place you go to with your loud friends to have a good time. If you leave Sauced hungry, you've done something very wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/19/2013service was spotty. Had to ask three times before receiving water, twice for a box for leftovers and took ten minutes to pay our tab once it was received.
- Great BBQ and SacuesAaronVIPDined on 5/19/2013This was the first time I've tried the burnt ends and they are well worth it! The variety of bbq sauce they have on tap is fantastic! I'll definitely go back again as I want to try other items on the menu.Special Features:
- TY OpenTable!NSardiniaDined on 5/18/2013Was thrilled that I was able to make a reservation using OpenTable in advance. The couple in front of us checking in did not have reservations and were told they had a 30 minute wait ahead of them. We told the hostesses we had a reservation and were seated immediately. The place was packed, and we were starving so it worked out nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BBQFivemcneillsDined on 5/17/2013We had a great experience at Sauced. The service was good and the food was great! We would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Think TwiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013Went on Mother's Day so we expected a crowd. What we didn't expect is waiting an hour for our food and then getting the wrong plates delivered. Once they got my Daughter's and Wife's corrected, they brought out mine wrong two more times. Finally got my correct order after an hour and twenty minutes. By this time both my Wife and Daughter were done eating. What did we get for our troubles, and patience? Mediocre BBQ that was dry, over cooked, cold, and heavily sauced to cover up the mistakes. No appologies, no visit from a manager, nothing but the bill.
- Always great food!LivermorejimDined on 5/12/2013The preparation is always outstanding. Side dish options are very good as well.Special Features:
- Sloppy joeDolphinsDined on 5/12/2013This was my first visit, however my son had been there a couple times and wanted to take me To his dismay, the service was slow and the waiter even worse. It took 20 min to get water, and 45 min. After ordering simple items for 3 people, closer to an hour really. We talked to the waiter twice, once to get the water and second time after 40 min, oh food is coming..... Just to let you know the waiter was someone who looked liked he should be doing the dishes in the back, He also did not have a friendly persona to say the least. Unless this is the look or the vibe livermore is looking for, I'm guessing not. My son was polite but I could tell upset. I'm guessing you will understand why my review Is sloppy joe!
- Nice Variety on the menuDiningDelightDined on 5/12/2013We went on Mother's Day, and while they were very busy and we had a reservation, they were able to seat us and most of the parties within a couple of minutes of everyone arriving at the restaurant. I could not believe how large the portions of food are! Everything was delicious (we had undressed wings--you add your own sauce at the table), cobb salad, bbq salad, brisquet, pulled pork, portabello sandwich and drinks. I would definitely come again and would recommend to a friend. The only complaint was that it took a while for our order to be taken and it took a while for the food and drinks to come. Guess that's not surprising for a busy Sunday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delishAustinvisitorVIPDined on 5/5/2013Wonderful food, consistently great. We love the brisket and my friends swear by the smoked chicken. Coleslaw so crisp and tasty. I love the hot tin roof- it's very hot indeed but amazingly flavorful. My husband is a huge fan of the Mac and cheese. It's always super busy and quite noisy but in a good way. They have live music too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, But Won't Get "Sauced"OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/4/2013The BBQ at this place can't be beat. So far I've tried the chicken and the pork, which both have the potential to dry out easily, and both were smoked to perfection, moist and delicious. I love their apple cole slaw and corn bread, which is so good, it doesn't even need butter. Service is friendly and the atmosphere is fun and hoppin'. My ONLY gripe with "Sauced" is their mixed drinks. I've tried several, and while tasty, they remind me more of a flavored juice or iced tea. I never taste ANY alcohol, and never feel even a SLIGHT buzz, even after a couple. My friends also concur. And at $8-$9.50 a pop, it's a little disappointing to leave without that happy feeling. But other than that, I would definitely recommend it! GOOOOD STUFF!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BBQ was good. Brisket,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/28/2013The BBQ was good. Brisket, ribs, burnt ends, and all. We sat outside as the weather was really nice, and it was not as noisy as inside, where the sports bar area was busy that night with the Warriors game.Special Features:
- BBQbam6Dined on 4/27/2013I absolutely LOVE the food at Sauced. The burnt ends and ribs are my favorite dishes here. Also, the Rednexican Nachos are very tasty. The wait staff is super friendly and there when you need them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Texas or KC, but close.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2013Well done burnt ends, pulled pork and brisket. Good varieties of sauces, but could use a few more selections on the sweet or mustard side. A much better choice than chain BBQ, I would go here again when in California. An honest place to eat, no yuppie spins or fusion. Good beer choices as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice, family friendly spot.PJandJBDined on 4/24/2013A nice, family friendly spot. The barbecue is good....being from Texas it's a bit different. The nachos are the best.......piled high with pulled pork, cheese, and jalapenos-more than enough for several people or a meal in itself. Overall, a good place to eat at a good price.Special Features:
- Fun Environment but Okay Food.OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/8/2013Pluses: Big portions, Awesome Glasses for Water, Beer, and Cocktails. TV viewing. Nice servers. Downs: everything is too sweet tasting-- from the salad to the nachos, to the mac&cheese, the pulled pork was dry, the sauces aren't anything to write home on. The hot sauce wasn't that hot. We can cook better BBQ at home with our own meats and marinades. But it a nice place to hang and watch a game. If you are expecting to be blown away by BBQ or meats or food taste variety and textures this is not the place to come.
- A little to noisy for us,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2013A little to noisy for us, meeting friends We have not seen for a while.Special Features:
- Much better than the firstOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/5/2013Much better than the first time we went there. Service is still slow and I had requested special seasoning on my fries and it was not done. Server was friendly and asked how we were doing many times. What we didn't understand was that Open Table told us that the only times we could get in for reservation was 5-5:15, when we got there the place was empty and still had not filled up by the time we left at 6:30. So we didn't understand why a reservation could not be made for that time. Overall, it was an okay experience. Not bad, just not the best we have had but I would go there again.Special Features:
- Candy is dandy, BUT!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/31/2013Meat is A-1 first class BBQ -- some of the best I've had, even in Texas. Sadly, EVERY item on the menu is overloaded with sugar! I can accept that the apple coleslaw is sweet, and that most of the BBQ sauces are mostly sugar, but the mustard BBQ sauce shouldn't be. The squash casserole, the mac-n-cheese are both way over-sugared and don't get me started on the chili. I'm sorry, but I'm not exaggerating a bit when I claim that there is, by weight, more sugar than meat in their chili. That's just WRONG!Special Features:
- BBQ is yummy hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2013The food was great. The ribs and nachos were delish. The peanut butter pie was also very delicious. The waiting staff was on top of it. I had a great time with the family.Special Features:
- WAY TOO EXPENSIVE FOR COLD FOOD!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/30/2013Average food served barely warm in cheap tin baskets. Saving grace was the coleslaw mix. Burnt ends are overrated!! 90% of ours were pure fat. Couldn't tell till you bit in and then YUCK!! Pulled Pork was ok no flavor unless you smothered it in their sauces. Mostly this place was way too expensive!!! We most likely will not be going back. Too bad because it seemed like a different choice for Livermore.
- Popular placecarsamDined on 3/24/2013I like this place, my adult kids love this place. Good food choices, lively ambience. Always busy. Super location in downtown. Fun place to be. Recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST BBQ Ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013The BEST BBQ we have ever had! We will definitely be back! Our waitress Sophia was very welcoming and explained everything in detail. The food was absolutely wonderful. The meat was cooked to perfection and the selection of sauces was great. All of the sides were good too.Special Features:
- We sat in the corner outside,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2013We sat in the corner outside, I have to admit I was a bit worried after some review horror stories about poor service. I can tell you that have fixed the problem! Kevin was super attentive and from drinks to dessert it was only about an hour. Everything was super delicious. My hubby got the three item plate and took home probably 2/3 of it. The burnt ends were superb and I really enjoyed the peach tea ( mixed drink). I would definitely go again. I loved the vibe of the place also. I would have to say that its probably important to get reservations and come early. We came at 5:15 on a Saturday!Special Features:
- Very cool local place - withTheRestaurantSageVIPDined on 3/23/2013Very cool local place - with great BBQ and smoked meats.Special Features:
- Been here many times and everyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2013Been here many times and every time the service is so slow. You would think they would want to turn tables quick since it gets busy but it takes a long time to get in and out. Decent food. Pulled pork is very good. Chili is terrible! Need to get more wine besides Concannon.
- A BBQ place with no ribs?OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/16/2013Ran out of ribs on a Saturday night at 7:30??? Isn't this a BBQ restaurant? Whoever does the ordering should be slapped upside the head! It took 2 of us 2 hours to dine. Extremely slow, unattentive service - we even grabbed our own to-go box from the expediting area. On the up side, the food we did get (when it finally came), was very good. I'd go back for the food, but not on a Saturday night at prime time...Special Features:
- New Favorite!HappyDancerEatsDined on 2/16/2013If you aren't hungry, the smokey aroma as you walk in will make you hungry! I had the smoked turkey and pesto sandwich. While I have never been a big pesto fan, I thoroughly enjoyed this sandwich! We had their smoked brisket nachos as an appetizer and it was huge! Between the four of us, we did actually manage to demolish it. It was so good. My husband loved the ribs. He also had a bloody Mary. I had a taste and was sorry I had not ordered one. This is a great place with great food and service. My only complaint is that there isn't once in Tracy!Special Features:
- Not really impressed withtrailcruzrDined on 2/15/2013Not really impressed with reception but waitress was ok. Food was not great, more fast foodishSpecial Features:
- Sauced has a very clever,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/13/2013Sauced has a very clever, down home theme. The pulled pork was especially good and I appreciated that they serve the sauces separately, so I could choose from hot mustardy, sweet barbeque, savory barbeque or very spicy barbeque sauces. The fries were excellent and I loved all the interesting cocktail choices. The apple slaw was refreshing (and celery-free!). If there was a game on TV, we certainly wouldn't have missed it since the walls are plastered with sports televisions. Best of all was the friendly, helpful (and not pushy) service. Neither of us was able to finish our meal and the final bill was far from wallet busting. Overall, an exceptional value!Special Features:
- What a cute find!dragonrabbitVIPDined on 2/8/2013I've heard about this place for quite some time, and a girls' night out was the perfect reason to try it out. Loved the dishes. Loved the sauces. Loved the atmosphere. Fun local place to dine. More of a beer and wine place than mixed drinks though. Beer is always great with BBQ.Special Features:
- Makes my Southern soul happy...theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/8/2013Makes my Southern soul happy...the Kentucky Tea makes that pesky cold I had go away, if only for a few hours.Special Features: