56 Belden Place
San Francisco, CA 94104Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.saucesf.com/
- Phone: 4153978800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11:30am-5:00pm
Dinner: M-Su 5:00pm-1:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Californian
- Executive Chef: Ben Paula
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Big screen TV"s at the bar always show the local sports and national events. Sharks, Giants, A's, Niners, Raiders and Warriors (in that order)take precedence, but we will try and find whatever you are looking for.
- Cross Street: Off Kearney Between Bush & Pine
- Public Transit: Off Kearney Between Bush and Pine we are about a block and a half from the Montgomery BART/MUNI and all the market street line, the cable car is a block in the other direction @ California and the 1 buss is two blocks. All in all we are in a transit hub, you can get to us.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is easier than you think, during the day the St Mary"s Square Garage just past Kearny on Pine (right lane) offers Valet parking for the same price as the meters. At night, street parking is easy, but during the day/afternoon, use the garage.
A word from Sauce: Belden
At Sauce, we serve what we like to call "Social Cuisine" - American comfort fare so good you'll want everyone at the table to try a bite. It's shared food without the tiny plates. Come sample Chef Ben's creations along with wine or hand crafted cocktails in our new location. Enjoy outdoor patio dining, or grab a table inside. We welcome parties of all sizes, come experience what happens when Comfort Food meets California Cuisine — it could be our Tomato Bisque with white truffle grilled cheese sticks; Portobello mushroom fries; or our signature applewood-smoked-bacon wrapped meatloaf, something is sure to tickle your fancy . Stop by for lunch during the week or dinner any night between 5pm and 2am and see for yourself; what's cooking, we guarantee the kitchen until 1:30am every night.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sauce: Belden reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (31)fit for foodies (24)neighborhood gem (24)great for lunch (18)good for groups (16)vibrant bar scene (13)special occasion (12)late-night find (8)romantic (7)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (6)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Need more controlReneeKimDined on 7/24/2014I love the food at Sauce but this time, management did not have control of out of control patrons. At a table next to us a woman celebrating her birthday and already apparently intoxicated continued to receive additional shots from the server. The noise escalated and was absolutely disturbing to other patrons. I will continue to come here because the food is terrific as long as management starts to take control and manages the out of control patrons.Special Features:
- SauceYUMMYVIPDined on 7/17/2014We had excellent food and it was so fun with 4 of us to try so many different things. Our waiter Derek was very good. He gave us time to slowly eat before we made another order as the food came fast. He was also very pleasant.Special Features:
- Great drinks and overall good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/2/2014Drinks were very good, the appetizers and soups as well. Lobster roll was just OK and for $27 I expected more than a hotdog bun with lobster bits in it. Come on !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServicewilagirlDined on 6/27/2014The best part of our experience was the exceptional service. I wish I'd gotten our server's name - it wasn't even the one who was technically assigned to our table but he made sure we had great food recommendations and was super attentive. All in all a great experience. I'll be dreaming about their cronut dessert for awhile... absolutely delicious (and a recommendation from our server!)Special Features:
- Late night biteRookiefoodieDined on 6/11/2014We had the mini meatloaf, mushroom fries, and vegetarian strudel. The mushroom fries and strudel were excellent!!! The place was a little hard to find. We walked past it initially but we're impressed with the food alley set up when we finally found it.Special Features:
- DianasDined on 6/6/2014Overall pretty good, but a bit too much fried food for me.Special Features:
- Noise level!!!!instabretVIPDined on 6/5/2014Food, service great but the noise level off the charts. If I were to go back I would either sit outside or go to the City Hall location.Special Features:
- Eating outsideFoodieVIPDined on 6/5/2014I made a reservation so that our party of 6 could eat inside if it was cold outside. Indeed, once we got there on this chilly night, I was told that there was no room inside to eat. So we had to eat outside and now I have a cold. Thank you Sauce!Special Features:
- MalGalDined on 5/24/2014I loved this place! The bacon wrapped meatloaf was great! We sat at the bar after dinner and ended up talking with one of the owners. He was very friendly. It was a great place!Special Features:
- Great little place~314littlebearDined on 5/16/2014The place has a nice ambiance. However since I took my parents (Asian from Taiwan) there, they all said that the food was too salty. But for me since I lived in the states for a while I thought it was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs Up!GoodfoodDined on 5/16/2014Great food, service and drinks. Will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for after work on a FridaylizabrightDined on 5/16/2014It's not always easy to find a spot to go on a Friday night downtown that's not packed, too much of a bar scene, or expensive. Sauce has great appetizers and small dishes so you can either do expensive or budget dinner with a great happy hour drink special. We got a table for four even though 2 of our party took awhile to show up. Our server was great about everything including 2 credit cards and cash payment. By 9 pm when we left - it was getting more crowded - so keep in mind. There are outdoor and indoor seating options.
- Our group had a great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014We were a group of 15 gathering for an after work event and everyone was very happy from start to finish. Highlights were the food as it was ultimate comfort food and a bit of everything for every appetite and taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid food - good for work lunchChrisVIPDined on 5/12/2014Made a reservation here for me and a handful of coworkers during a stretch of nice weather here in SF. Fun outdoor seating area in a cool alley... along with a few other restaurants. Burger was good. Was a quick lunch, service was kind and friendly. Not sure what it's like after business hours, but for lunch and outdoor seating it's great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, but subduedBGinSFDined on 5/10/2014I took two out-of-town guests to Sauce: Belden on a Saturday night, having had wonderful experiences at Sauce: Hayes Valley on several occasions. We couldn't get a last-minute reservation to the Hayes Valley spot, but Belden had great availability. It ends up that the place on Belden is *empty* on weekends! Much like other bars and restaurants in the financial district, the place clears out when the businesses are shut down. On the plus side, we had easy seating, attentive service, and a quiet atmosphere to enjoy the delicious menu that I've come to appreciate. Everything was fantastic! The down side was we missed the buzz that you get at Hayes. Still, for a quiet evening out in a cozy and top-notch SF restaurant, this is a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best place I've been to in a whileMUguruVIPDined on 5/10/2014Absolutely would recommend this place to anyone. The duck wontons were crispy and pleasently seasoned. The bacon wrapped meatloafs were amazing. I had the chicken parmasean for dinner and it was perfect. On weekends for dinner they block off the street and create dinning outsidr which is lovely and I will definitely be going back very soon. P.s. the strawberries and cream and cronuts are to die for! I sound like I'm getting paid to say all this but it truely is just a great restarunt to go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 117 reviews are from the Sauce: Belden reviews archive.
- DelightfulBongoDined on 4/26/2014The food , service and overall experience was terrific. Low key. A very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A big hit with usSalesguyDined on 4/23/2014We chose Sauce: Belden based on Open Table reviews and our need for a reservation for 10. Great food. Casual atmosphere. We were a group of 10 men having a dinner while in town for a meeting. I would not recommend as a location to have a meeting meal but, for a group gathering, it was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FindkdgradyVIPDined on 4/21/2014Incredible hidden gem in the middle of the financial district. The food was outstanding, from the savory meatloaf appetizer to delicious dessert sampler and everything in between, the meal was amazing. Loved the location in the alley between the buildings, such a beautiful, unique setting.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT FOOD HERENYtravelerVIPDined on 4/19/2014What a find! Friendly waitstaff and great food. While I thought it was just a bit pricey, everything we ordered was divine. We ate the steak (but swapped out potatoes for the corn meal sticks) and also ordered the cobb salad. I can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Not so hotFoodieToodieDined on 4/19/2014Service was very good, nice staff. Food was not very good.
- Yummy!Jewl1185Dined on 4/12/2014Came recommended from our hotel's front desk worker. Did not disappoint!Special Features:
- Wonderful!brittanygDined on 4/12/2014Dined here for my birthday after discovering it online. It is delicious and fun. We sat outside under heaters and were very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and made sure we were satisfied. The food was amazing and unique. I definitely recommend the chicken Parmesan :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb comfort foodThunderDined on 4/9/2014Sauce on Belden has the excellent cuisine found in their original location on Gough, but the space has more of a casual "bar" atmosphere throughout, rather than the more formal, Gough dining room with table cloths. The service from our bartender was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location Location LocationcompanydinnerDined on 4/4/2014Sauce is in a very festive and European-ish alley of many restaurants. We ate lunch outside. The food came quickly and was delicious. I'm gluten-free and they were very understanding and confidently listed the items i could have. A great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great second locationsmattsVIPDined on 3/26/2014This was a great second location for a good restaurant. I don't feel like it was the same but that's not always a bad thing. It was however tasty. My biggest miss was a somewhat small beer list, could have been better but still a great meal.Special Features:
- Late Night Friendly with Great FoodnicoleopaDined on 3/25/2014Two Words: MINI CRONUTS. The vanilla bourbon sauce that came with it was incredible. No joke, my friends and I came back the following night to get more cronuts. The deviled eggs with bacon and ham filled tater tots were also excellent. The service was great and prices were totally reasonable. I suggest doing a meal here with ordering a bunch of stuff and sharing as a table because you'll want to taste it all!Special Features:
- Great for a Casual DinnerPrairiesmokeVIPDined on 3/23/2014We enjoyed Sauce: Belden. Food was well prepared and service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sauce is fantastic!!Ed49Dined on 3/21/2014Fantastic food, great service. The portobello fries are a must!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must-Find!Mom32Dined on 3/14/2014Needed to find a late night restaurant since my flight arrived after 10pm. Kitchen was still making the full menu , unlike so many other "late night" dives that are only willing to crank out quick stuff. Servers are super friendly & know food-drink pairings well. Friday nite is of course loud, but I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly enjoyed Sauce!NinaDined on 3/14/2014I truly enjoyed dining at Sauce-Belden. We were sat outside which was a little noisy, but really enjoyed our meals and drinks. The Short Rib Wellington is a can't miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placebillDined on 3/14/2014good food in an outside setting the desserts are exceptionalSpecial Features:
- Always a great meal @ Sauce!DineAroundSFVIPDined on 3/14/2014This was my first visit to this location - the original Sauce on Gough is one of my all-time favorites! And the top-notch food and service are here as well. Happy 2nd anniversary Sauce - Belden........the two for one night was a fabulous surprise!!!Special Features:
- The mac and cheese was delicious.KikiDined on 3/7/2014The mac and cheese was delicious. The veggie burger was a little dry, but tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My go to place in San FranciscoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/5/2014I am a fan of Sauce at Belden Place! I stumbled across this place during a late night hunt for some grub upon arriving in San Francisco. Sauce at Belden was the only restaurant opened at midnight in the area of my hotel. Love the food and the friendly service and has been returning ever since. For my recent trip to San Francisco, I went to Sauce twice and with separate groups of friends. I was able to try various items on the menu as we had our food family style. I also tried the dessert sampler for the first time and it was divine. I will recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants delicious American comfort food with friendly service.Special Features:
- Girl's nightScorpio54Dined on 2/28/2014Love the social plates and server happily splitting our shared entree. Fun Friday night in spite of the blustery weather. Sauce is a go to place for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/26/2014Had a really nice customer lunch there. Good food, though the burgers are almost too big. Ambiance was great, meaning energetic without impacting our conversation. Service was very good, and we will definitely be going back with customers. Only about $20/person before gratuity, which was very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceacesenaDined on 2/22/2014We loved the menu, the taste of the food did not disappoint. The waiter was very friendly and helpful. Additionally, they were willing to make gluten-free accommodations on menu items. This is a huge bonus!! We really enjoyed our meal and were very pleased with the overall experience. This little alley of restaurants is so charming, I would recommend it to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surprisewineloverDined on 2/14/2014I wanted to take my valentine out for a special meal for Valentine's Day. We needed to eat early, and I stumbled onto Sauce. What a great find. The location is excellent. The outdoor seating has a very European feel. the food is exceptional. Great drinks. All around a fantastic dinner. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great late-night dinner!cindy41510Dined on 2/9/2014My boyfriend and I were so impressed by this spot. On a rainy night, it looks like it's not even open. It was aesthetically pleasing, enough screens for you to watch sports from anywhere in the restaurant/bar, and the food spoke for itself. The hangar steak was mouthwatering and cooked to perfection. The salad that accompanied it was well put together. The dessert was nothing to write home about (the cro-nuts), but the drink selection was impressive. It was great to not feel rushed on a Sunday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.